Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108645 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2012, 10:38:34 am »

And to everyone else who tried to help: Stop thinking so little.  If he's having basic issues, then "just link it" won't help.  You gotta get more basic than that :P

The only way to help stupid people to to be as stupid as them. Being smarter wont work :P

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2012, 10:47:31 am »

Or having the same thing repeated 3-4 times also works.
Also: During and after shots of a mining operation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So far: 99 Uranium, 144 Thulium, 345 Titanium and 29 Ponium has been exposed by the iron monger.

And might I add
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:51:35 am by Shooer »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2012, 11:14:51 am »

Or having the same thing repeated 3-4 times also works.
Also: During and after shots of a mining operation.
So far: 99 Uranium, 144 Thulium, 345 Titanium and 29 Ponium has been exposed by the iron monger.

And might I add

Pew pew Indeed

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2012, 11:26:00 am »

You can mine using ship-board weapons? How? I thought they destroyed the blocks.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2012, 11:26:55 am »

They do.  But they destroy dirt and expose minerals.  This is very convenient for core materials since those take a while to mine and it's just easy to shred the asteroid.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2012, 11:40:28 am »

another Chef Anon update!
http://www.mediafire.com/?plyz7nvbn7z6zwh

Added uranium plated cable block with the same mass and health as light iron but drains twice the power
>By special request from R-Type guy. Finally a common use for radioactive materials! Let's hope that 7m sentient sphere is already sterile (Insert nut joke here).

Actually modified the crate capacity/cost

readme in the .zip

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2012, 02:19:12 pm »

Question : Does this version break save compatibility?

Almost finished my Gnat Class Fighter Design! :D Just need the gun...

Edit : DONE! Behold, the Korbac Shipyards' first completed design - The Gnat Fighter. Order yours today!

A. Paper thin aluminium chassis, with camera. Open backing so you can get in and out more easily!

B. Four standard engines get you where you want to go across all axes. Mapped individually. May require some pilot familiarization.

C. Straight - firing Heavy Assault Cannon, perfect in combination with your maneuverability to convince pirates that you aren't a worthwhile target.

Bob's Notes : Tired of working 9 to 5 in the laminar toothpaste factory? This could be your answer. It's not tough, it's not strong, and it's not likely to carry much cargo, but it is fairly quick and it's damn cheap. The companies' notes on the pirates are rather amusing - no pirate is going to go after you in one of these; they know you'll have nothing of worth on you. Conversely, many pirates pick this ship as their starting point. One thing to note is that the bastard is quite tough to fly until you figure it out, and even then it's got no retro thrusters. It's still rather quick though. Bring back the autopilot, I say...

In short, if you're strapped for cash and wants something that can fly in space that is unlikely to be blown up before you can make some money (errands I imagine), this'll do the trick.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:01:21 pm by Korbac »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2012, 03:03:33 pm »

how do I craft triple iron drill? I have 3 powerful iron drills in inventory and 8 ingots, as wiki says, but I get no option to craft it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2012, 03:05:54 pm »

You need 15 ingots. :)

People! Post your ship designs and I can go all Elite 3 on them!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2012, 03:07:19 pm »

I have more than an hundred iron ingots. I doubt that is the problem :/

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

Titanium ingots, not iron.

I'd like to take a moment to make a PSA: Put useless stuff like dirt to fill the empty space in your toolbar, that way any useful ores you pick up will go straight to your useful inventory slots, meaning less inventory management for you!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:10:07 pm by Peewee »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2012, 03:09:06 pm »

May also be a vanilla crafting issue?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »

Korbac, why the decision to have the gun non-rotating?

It seems like being able to strafe-fire would be a huge advantage to a light ship like that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »

Rotating would require a weapon control panel, Glyph. And that would mean either another person (not an option here) or intense micro in the middle of combat (difficult enough with the way the thrusters work. :P)

The ship does already sort of turn in a strafe - like motion. I.e, you throttle all the engines, it goes forward. You then throttle the two left engines and the ship does a sort of 'rally car' turn to the right, still half - traveling along it's original trajectory while spinning.

In all honesty it's a pretty crap ship, but I can probably make about five of them for any large cruiser you've got, and man all of them for the crew it would take the bigger ship. Plus if we're going to make our Redium Battlestars we'll need to spend the crap on something :P

I do have an idea for a second, slightly better / more expensive model. It might be done tonight.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:39:54 pm by Korbac »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Guys, I just made a awesome dicovery.

Girlinhat said that you can make power networks out of anything, and things next to eachother will automaticly share power?

Well that counts for the area infront of a engine where you cant place blocks O_O

The area acts as a part of the power network, creating a invisible connection. This is awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62