Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556651 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4410 on: May 01, 2013, 07:49:24 am »

Scott will try to stand and take a couple of steps.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: May 01, 2013, 08:44:14 am »

Sigmund entered the funny -looking house and saw how everything was so, different. Tha soul-enslaver was not a normal guy at all, not that Sigmund hadn't realized that by this time. In the hall, he saw that metal tree fungal skeleton thing in a kind of basement trying to escape. He shouted to that thing, saying:

-Are you trapped down there? If you need help, just nod and I will see what I can do.

He then remembered that the fungus was quite dangerous, and said:

-But, before helping you, can you tell if that thing growing on you is ready to launch those spores? After all, it is like a part of your body now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 01, 2013, 12:01:19 pm »

"A-ah, oh dear, well dreadfully sorry sir or madam to be bothering you, I-I was just curious as to if this wonderfully quaint ship was up to taking some p-passengers to far away lands, c-captain willing that is." Morton stammered out to the voice, and upon seeing the arrival of Kevin grows a bit more reassured at not being against whatever this was on his own anymore. "W-we have eleven passengers, and although I d-don't know the destination, I can only assume it would be f-far away if we aren't simply going there by horse or foot."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »

In the kitchen of the Artiste...

Niklas shakes his head at this inefficient layout. Perfectly awful, it is. He takes all of the food out and puts it on the ground. He then tries to lift the box.

[Strength roll: 5+1]

He lifts it right up, then smashes it down on the food. There, perfect!

At the bottom of a glass prison...

Mark, seeing how divination has failed him, looks about for something that could potentially be used as a weapon. He finds a lamp. That's kind of a weapon. Not the sort of thing you could smash glass with, but a rather solid lighting fixture nonetheless.

He is about to consider more, but he is interrupted by somebody shouting above him. Hey, it's funny-name-guy. What was his name? Zee... no. Seph.... nah. Oh, right, Sigmund!

"Are you trapped down there? If you need help, just nod and I will see what I can do!"

The guy seems to consider something.

"But, before helping you, can you tell if that thing growing on you is ready to launch those spores? After all, it is like a part of your body now."

It's always conditional, isn't it?

At a house near the harbor of Shriekpot...

Kevin shakes Scott a bit.

[Scott endurance roll: 2]

Oh dear, something's certainly moving in a most unfortunate manner in there. Oh well, beyond the scope of his knowledge. Kevin leaves the paralyzed zombie on the ground, running off to join his other companion on the ship.

Scott tries to get up.

[Endurance roll: 3]

Midway through, he realizes that it's probably not a good idea. Bugger.

At a strange ship...

Morton figures he'd best keep the voice talking. At least that way it's not shrieking. Much.

"A-ah, oh dear, well dreadfully sorry sir or madam to be bothering you, I-I was just curious as to if this wonderfully quaint ship was up to taking some p-passengers to far away lands, c-captain willing that is."

"THE CAPTAIN... is unwilling."

Morton looks at Kevin, who appears to have joined him. Hm.

Suddenly, the shrieking resumes, though it's rather quiet this time around. Morton still finds it quite uncomfortable. Kevin, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care particularly.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 01, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »

"A-are you sure? I-I'm sure my m-master can come up with something to pay you, i-if we could perhaps work out a price maybe? No?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 01, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton tries to make the voice reconsider!

"A-are you sure? I-I'm sure my m-master can come up with something to pay you, i-if we could perhaps work out a price maybe? No?"

The shrieking stops.

"I'M DEAD! What would I DO with MONEY? OR PHYSICAL GOODS, FOR THAT MATTER?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: May 01, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »

Morton shirked backwards. "W-Well, what w-would you want t-then? If my n-newfound master h-has people who can turn others into b-blankets and mansions into s-stone egg shaped buildings, surely h-he can do s-something to h-help or get you w-whatever you m-might want." The undead butler stammered back. "B-besides, what a-are you doing here i-if just s-sitting? W-why not just g-go somewhere and do t-things? I-I'm quite happy to be b-back alive and I wish to view the w-world, we're given a u-unique second chance! I d-don't intend to mope about having died, t-there's things to see, people to talk to, tea to be had!" Carter further reasons with the, now obviously undead ghost, ship captain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 01, 2013, 07:26:01 pm »

Hum ho hum...
Niklas tests out his kitchen by gargleblasting a frankenfurter while idly wonderig what it was that the demon guy told him to do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »

Darren gave a little ghost smile.
"Yes, that's good. So, you're one of the mages then?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 01, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »

noding His head mark checks the mushrooms for explosions
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: May 02, 2013, 01:55:07 am »

Scott will crawl around town and seek professional help.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: May 02, 2013, 03:48:01 am »

Scott will crawl around town and seek professional help.
I'll be there soon
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:02 am »

After Mark has checked the mushrooms, sigmund will fin a blunt object to break the glass.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: May 02, 2013, 09:32:09 am »

At the harbor of Shriekpot...

Morton, having found a willing ear, proceeds to make some reasonable offers and judgments.

"W-Well, what w-would you want t-then? If my n-newfound master h-has people who can turn others into b-blankets and mansions into s-stone egg shaped buildings, surely h-he can do s-something to h-help or get you w-whatever you m-might want. B-besides, what a-are you doing here i-if just s-sitting? W-why not just g-go somewhere and do t-things? I-I'm quite happy to be b-back alive and I wish to view the w-world, we're given a u-unique second chance! I d-don't intend to mope about having died, t-there's things to see, people to talk to, tea to be had!"

"HMMM.... What WOULD I want? WHAT would I want? What would I WANT?"

The subtle hum of a spirit's thought process emanates from the ship, with several ghostly oohs and ahs accompanying

"HOW ABOUT GIVING THIS SHIP A MAKEOVER? IT, as I'm sure you KNOW, DESPERATELY NEEDS ONE! THING'S BLOODY ANCIENT! OOH, AND A MAKEOVER FOR ME AS WELL! I look SO unfashionable NOW!"

In the home of the Artiste...

Niklas figures he'll give the kitchen a test. He slightly moves the icebox, grabbing a handful of mashed produce of unknown origin and proceeds to gargleblast it most intensely. Nobody is hurt in the process, surprisingly.

As he performs his unholy rite, the barbarian chef considers what his objective might have been. He comes to the conclusion that it probably involved horseflesh to some degree or another. Otherwise, why would he be the one chosen to perform this task?

Meanwhile, down below, Mark checks how explosively fertile and ready to multiply his mushrooms are.

After a brief look, he concludes that they're not quite ripe yet. That's kind of good. He gives Sigmund the all-clear.

Sigmund nods and goes to look for some blunt objects. Unfortunately, there aren't many around. At least not any that would help him break a sheet of glass a foot thick.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren smiles a rather smallish smile at the dog's peace offering.

"Yes, that's good. So, you're one of the mages then?"

[Opposed Strength: Man vs. Shingle Hand: 5+1 vs. 6+2]

Something stirs under the shingle hand, but nothing really comes out. Darren can hear something, though. It's a bit muffled by his shingle construct, but audible enough.

"Not exactly. Master here is. And Lucy. Wherever she is. But my name is Colin Burmont, Monster-Hunter Extraordinaire! Perhaps you've heard of me? It's not often that a creature such as yourself escapes my grasp."

"Yes, indeed. The Master. And you? Not competing. Cannot win. Why here?"

Back in Shriekpot...

Scott, being completely and utterly abandoned by his most trusted ex-servant, tries to help himself. There has to be some kind of doctor around!

He crawls and he crawls, finding out that this street certainly doesn't have any professional ones in ready availability. Dang!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:39:47 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: May 02, 2013, 09:56:38 am »

look for anything that would let me out of the room or help break the glass
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 719