Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556646 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4395 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »

Kevin, worried, keeps dragging Scott to a nearby building and tries to see if he can do anything.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:37 pm »

use the dice to try to divine a clue to how to get out after studying the room
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: April 30, 2013, 01:36:32 pm »

Scott will start straightening and realigning his bones for easier treatment.

"Thank you, I appear to be making lots of mistakes today."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: April 30, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »

Sigmund will man up and go to the Artiste's house.

((I knew that we weren't going to be able to control that thing, but, well, at least I think he likes us))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:04 pm »

"Oh dear, whatever is that dreadful noise?" Morton said to himself as he tried to cover his ears against the screech. Hearing it come closer, he tries to get off the ship to put a bit more distance between himself and the screeching. "Please, voice, I beseech of you to quiet down a little? Please? Maybe just a bit?" He tried to reason with the screech.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: April 30, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »

At the harbor of Shriekpot...

Kevin drags Scott over to a nearby building. Unfortunately, it appears to be locked down tight, with metal bars placed over the door and a very, very locked steel door. Must have had some bad experience with rampaging sailors or something. Then Kevin, with Scott's blessing and help, goes about fixing the poor fellow somehow.

[Scott medicine roll: 3]
[Kevin medicine roll: 5]

As Scott tries to place himself in a more easily medicated position, Kevin harshly sets his bones into place, roughly reassembling his spine in about twenty minutes. Sure, it's a hackjob, but what else are you going to do without tools? Now, if Scott doesn't move for a while, Kevin might be able to find something to bind him up with, and if his former master doesn't move, it might even help. Otherwise, the poor bastard is still in quite a sad state.

Under a glass ceiling...

Mark, after trying to figure a way out of here, realizes that he doesn't really need to. All he needs is divination!

He throws the five dice on the ground and looks at the result.

Okay, so it's... "YOU", "ARE", "SCREWED", "INDUBITABLY" and "SO". Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund tells himself to man up. It's just some crossroads. He's had worse things come his way.

Overcoming his indecision, he takes a step forward! The ground, fortunately, doesn't collapse under his feet. It's still spinning around wildly, though.

On the deck of an old galley...

Morton, not a big fan of this music the youth probably enjoy, covers his ears.

"Oh dear, whatever is that dreadful noise?"

Unfortunately, nobody around seems keen to reveal the truth! As he backs away from the ship, he makes with the polite asking again.

"Please, voice, I beseech of you to quiet down a little? Please? Maybe just a bit?"

Oddly enough, as he steps off the boat, the screeching stops entirely. There's clearly something wrong on that ship, though it's difficult to guess what exactly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: April 30, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »

WHERE'S MY KITCHEN?!
Look for kitchen. FURIOUSLY.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: April 30, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

Sigmund will look for another way to reach the house, or try again if it fails.

(Damned RNG))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »

"Well, that's an oddity." Morton puts a foot back on the ship, then after a moment, takes it back off, testing.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 01, 2013, 03:04:10 am »

Scott will rest, hoping beyond hope that his body will mend.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:44 am »

Kevin shrugs and tries to find some rope and a Scott-sized pole to secure his spine.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 01, 2013, 03:55:37 am »

Inside the home of the Artiste...

Niklas realizes that he can't find his kitchen! He feels rage overcome him! No house is complete without a kitchen! He will tear this place apart if he-

Hey, wait, there's a kitchen over there. Not his kitchen, certainly, but some sort of kitchen. There is a wood-burning stove, a varied set of implements for preparing food and even some kind of tall and wide box propped up against a wall. Opening it up, Niklas is hit with a wave of cold air and the scent of fresh food. This cold-box seems to be full of delicious vittles! How strange! Don't they know that food must be kept in dark, warm places so that fermentation and fungal enrichment occurs? Honestly, such barbaric culinary practices in this part of the world.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund tries to find a way out of this vile, confusing place!

He stumbles forth, closing his eyes and fighting off the unnecessary impulse to breathe deep. He walks forward for a bit, then opens his eyes. Ah, straight streets ahead. He runs on them until he reaches the outskirts of the town. After a short bit of running, he finally reaches what he thinks might be the home of the Artiste! It's certainly altered and weird-looking enough to qualify.

Nobody around here, looks like. Though there is the unmistakable sound of Niklas doing something inside. Something doubtlessly unsavory.

At a shrieking galley...

Morton, deciding to test the galley's capabilities, places his foot on the ship.

However, this time there's nothing. Morton looks around curiously.

"GOING TO BE THAT WAY... are we? WHAT IS IT YOU WANT?"

The voice does not seem satisfied. Not at all.

At a tightly locked building...

As Scott lies still like a good patient, the good skeletal doctor Kevin goes to look for some kind of pole and rope to attach to his former master to prevent more trauma.

Luckily, the steel bars used to lock down this house seem to have been recently added to it, as there are still lots of leftovers placed in a pile next to it. Kevin picks up some of the bars, then nabs some handy rope placed on the nearby dock and proceeds to try and heal his former master.

[Medicine roll: 2+1]

He sort of ties a metal pole to the zombie's spine. It's difficult to say whether it will work or not, but hey, only one way to find out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: May 01, 2013, 04:03:50 am »

Honestly, they put these things in all the wrong places.
Take food out of icebox. Lift up icebox. Place food under icebox. Put icebox on top of food.
Reorganize kitchen in this fashion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:35 am »

Kevin shakes Scott to see if he can get up and runs back to the ship Morton just got on.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: May 01, 2013, 04:39:39 am »

search the room for anything that can be used as a weapon or help me escape
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 719