Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556583 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4440 on: May 02, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »

Sigmund answered:

-I see. Well, lets go horse hunting then, I'll follow you.

Sigmund follows Niklas

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: May 03, 2013, 12:08:36 am »

Spoiler: URLs 101 (click to show/hide)
thanks
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 03, 2013, 12:51:11 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin tries to utilize his previous grimness as the perfect intro for assured hilarity.

[Hilarity roll: 5+1]

He then launches into a silly dance out of the blue, cartwheeling around and performing strange leaps all around the deck, then demonstrating his amateur contortionist routine that he never got the chance to try out! Fortunately, no jokes about excretion are featured on this show, though it's not due to lack of trying. Kevin even grabs Morton at one point, dancing around on the deck with the undead butler in a deliberately farcical imitation of the waltz. The voice giggles a bit at that last bit.

"AS AMUSING as this may BE, DO WE HAVE A DEAL YET?"

In the home of the Artiste...

Niklas thinks that there's probably no sense in dilly-dallying anymore and gets back to his main objective - the obtaining of tasty horseflesh! He is, however, stopped by a concerned Sigmund on the way.

"Did you leave that wyrm outside? You shouldn't leave it without proper vigilance, as we aren't able to control it any more. Well, at least that was what the mages said."

"The dragon? I do not know where it went. I'm going horse-hunting, do you wish to join me?"

Sigmund would be slightly taken aback by such a question, but, then again, this is Niklas.

"Yes, I guess that we can do that to spend some time, but I have to ask for the motives for such unusual task. Or did you just get an inspiration for your next dish?"

"I need some horse flesh as a garnish."

Well, that explains that.

"I see. Well, lets go horse hunting then, I'll follow you."

And they do, heading out into the dark woods to find some horses. After about two hours of wandering, they come upon a sight. A herd of horses, snow-white in color, standing around unsuspectingly and chewing on the undergrowth.

The mother lode.

Meanwhile, the totally abandoned Mark goes about the task of getting himself out of this horrid hole.

[Digging roll: 1]

He starts digging, getting some two meters ahead, but then his hand touches something. Something soft and hairy. Something highly mobile. It rapidly skips away, and Mark hears the sound of many screeches from farther away, then the sound of collapsing dirt.

Damn it, he's got neighbors.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott realizes that there's probably no point in looking for a doctor, as he is probably beyond help from such an individual. Better find a mortician or something. Preferably a curious one.

Unfortunately, those also seem to be in short supply in this part of town. Scott blames the lateness of the hour.

In an alley in Emlocke...

Darren goes ahead with the introductions.

"Uh... I don't really know. I guess because I've got nothing better to do. My band dissolved, and I doubt I'd be welcomed back home, so I've been just sort of waiting around. Oh, and my name is Darren. Undead magician. Oh, and can we stop trying to kill me?"

"Of course. We'll stop. Pointless, anyway. Save strength. Few left. Two more. I sense."

"Excuse me, but could you lift this hand off me?"

Darren looks over at the hand.

[Telekinesis roll: 3]

He lifts it a tiny bit, relaxing its hold on the man.

[Opposed Strength: Man vs. Shingle Hand: 3+1 vs. 2+1]

The man manages to lift it up a bit on his own, slowly getting out from underneath it and standing up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 03, 2013, 12:56:50 am »

Beautiful.

Put away my meat cleaver and equip myself with 2 RDS knives.
Try to sneak up on a horse at the edge of the pack. When If this fails, be soothing - talk calmly, approach slowly - and then cut the horse's head off unexpectedly when close enough!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:09 am »

Morton tried to get his bearing after the farcical imitation of the waltz he was unsuspected put through. After having composed himself as well as he could from that, he turned towards the... Well, the center of the ship he supposes, where he believes the voice to be coming from. "Well..." Morton no longer having his stutter, continued. "Well, I don't believe that to be out of reach. Our master managed to turn a cosy and quaint mansion into a giant stone... Thing, I'm not really sure what it is to be utterly concise. I'm not sure where he got the stone, nor how he did it so quickly considering I don't think we were gone for more than an hour or a few, but the ability to do such must be a marvelous one. If such is plausible, then surely our kind master can easily make this ship into whatever your heart desires it to look like, possibly yourself as well! Although I'm not sure where you are however, as I'd offer to shake your hand in confirmation of this most agreeable deal." Morton glanced around the deck at this, before continuing. "But yes, this would be a splendidly acceptable deal, our master will be happy to do these tasks in exchange for voyage."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 03, 2013, 03:11:08 am »

Scott will crawl back to the house and beg forgiveness, explaining his injuries as a journey through penitence.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 03, 2013, 09:11:48 am »

Kevin, happy with a job well done and happy to find that his skills haven't rusted yet, retrieves his bow from Morton and sits down a barrel, letting Morton do the discussing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 03, 2013, 10:37:19 am »

Sigmund will ask Niklas for the rest of the RDS knives in the box to give throwing support from the distance if it fails.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 03, 2013, 10:51:00 am »

In a horse-filled clearing...

If Niklas was in the habit of breathing, his breath would certainly be taken at this sight. He is so moved that he can't help but put away his meat cleaver.

Of course, he draws his knives immediately afterwards, but it's the spirit of the thing. He attempts to sneak on over to the horses.

Sigmund asks the man whether he'd like to hand over some of his knives, but Niklas does not answer. He is a man with a mission.

[Niklas' Stealth vs. Horses' Perception: 5 vs. 2]

He, drawing upon the fell power usually reserved for his arch-enemy, skulks toward the horses with uncharacteristic subtlety, moving like a shadow of a ghost. He goes right up to one horse at the edge of the pack. His knives make a light swishing sound as they cleave the air.

[Niklas vs. Horse: 3+2 vs. 3-1]

Though he is regrettably unsuccessful at removing the horse's head entirely, its trachea is neatly severed, and several of its major blood vessels are sliced open. The horse bleeds immensely, twitching as Niklas' blades nearly behead it from two sides at once like some kind of infernal scissors.

[Horse endurance roll: 2]

The horse makes only a slight choking sound as its body falls to the ground, its lifeblood pooling beneath it. The rest of the horses turn their heads, see their fellow equine felled and immediately start galloping away, not having expected a naked, steel-horned predator with bladed hands to come along and murder their herd.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, getting his bearings and composing himself, answers the voice's question. Kevin, beaming proudly at his breaking of the ice, takes the sniper crossbow back and sits down on a barrel.

"Well, I don't believe that to be out of reach. Our master managed to turn a cosy and quaint mansion into a giant stone... thing, I'm not really sure what it is to be utterly concise. I'm not sure where he got the stone, nor how he did it so quickly considering I don't think we were gone for more than an hour or a few, but the ability to do such must be a marvelous one. If such is plausible, then surely our kind master can easily make this ship into whatever your heart desires it to look like, possibly yourself as well! Although I'm not sure where you are however, as I'd offer to shake your hand in confirmation of this most agreeable deal. But yes, this would be a splendidly acceptable deal, our master will be happy to do these tasks in exchange for voyage."

He glances around the deck, still quite unclear on where exactly the voice is coming from.

"VERY WELL! Give my SHIP a MAKEOVER, make me FASHIONABLE AND RESPECTABLE, and WE HAVE A DEAL!"

How wonderful!

In a slightly less wonderful part of Shriekpot...

Scott supposes he has no choice. Time to get back to the master-guy.

[Crawling roll: 4]

He gets into a fairly good tempo with his hands, crawling back to the house in no more than three hours! That must be some kind of record! He crawls inside, then looks up.

Oh, right. Stairs. This'll be fun.

[Strength roll: 5+1]

He grabs onto the railing, using only his arms to get himself up to his master's level. Unluckily for him, the fellow looks to still be asleep.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:08 am »

punch the glass I need out
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 03, 2013, 11:36:11 am »

EDIt: Go and seek one of the other bumbling puppets for assistance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:23:37 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: May 03, 2013, 11:47:42 am »

"Wonderful!" Morton clapped his hands in joy at finding a possibly free ride. "I'll report to my master at once, and we'll be back soon to give this ship a good once over to your specifications! Thank you again, esteemed captain, I shall return swiftly, yes I shall!" He hurries off the gangplank, calling Kevin to his side as he makes his way back to the used-to-be Yaleson manor.

[Best deal is a free deal! Although I give it a five to one chance that once we get there Artiste is just going to soul bind the poor ghost captain instead of actually fulfilling his/her demands.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: May 03, 2013, 12:03:29 pm »

Kevin, having totally forgotten Scott by his peformance, follows Morton back to the house.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: May 03, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »

[Also forgot to say, Tomfoolery confirmed for best ability.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: May 03, 2013, 12:11:52 pm »

Sigmund was impresssed at such a feat. He walked near Niklas:

- I see that you have everything under control here. I have to say that what you did was impressive. So, what now, do we take this to the kitchen so that you can cook it?

Sigmund helps Niklas to carry the dead horse back to the house (if he wants to do so)
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 719