Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556652 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4380 on: April 29, 2013, 04:57:15 pm »

Scott still annoyed, tries to enliven the bar and quicken the recruiting process by stabbing th closest non-recruit with the tar smeared knife.
"My master is a necromaner, he has made me immortal. And you will too be so if you join, look at this scum, he's dead-dead Do you want to join me...or him?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:33:14 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: April 29, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

Oh, one last thing. Is there any way to transfer your mind into a stone like that if my body is destroyed?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:02 pm »

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Morton decides to check out the noisy ship! He heads over there with Kevin. He reads the name on the side, seeing that it's called... the Festive Pelican. Huh. Well, better go in.

It looks to be a tavern. A tavern with some sort of commotion happening.

And there is none other at the center of it than Scott! He appears to be trying to stab people. Or recruit them. It's a tad unclear.

[Scott vs. Random Sailor: 1+2 vs. 4-1]

He stabs at one of the sailors, who handily dodges out of the way, hearing something lumbering toward him menacingly!

"Hey, not cool, man! Don't stab me!"

Nobody seems to be paying a whole lot of attention to Scott, though. Silly people.

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund decides to humor the stone and hurls it into the rubber wyvern's mouth.

~Well, I guess that you deserve the opportunity after all your suffering. Just try to stay calm when you enter the creature. Remember, there is no need to experiment everything at the same time. Be cautious.~

The wyvern twitches slightly, shivers, then straightens out after a squeaky sound. It then hops about for a moment, flapping its wings.

~Man, this feels good.~

Meanwhile, Niklas asks the mages about things that interest him specifically.

"Oh, one last thing. Is there any way to transfer your mind into a stone like that if my body is destroyed?"

"Well, if you have the right sort of stone and a necromancer to help you with that, sure. Or a mental mage, if you're okay with your soul passing on and you actually dying while a mental copy of you travels the earth."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: April 29, 2013, 11:31:11 pm »

Perfect! Well, let's head back to whatever the thing is we serve. What were we getting for him again?

Hop on the wyvern's back nonchalantly; ask him to fly back to the Artiste's castle thing. Or house. Wherever we started. I forget.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: April 30, 2013, 01:34:51 am »

"If you don't want to be stabbed, up against the wall! You are conscripted in the name of my master!"

~Stabbity.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:04 am »

[I leave for one week and you all go mad
I expected nothing less from you great people]
Mark gets up from the chair after a intresting book read decided to go have a swim in the harbor by the town to get the mushrooms off
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:55 am »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Niklas expresses satisfaction with the information given. He then mounts the wyvern and commands it to take him back to... that guy. In his house. Yeah.

~Alright, we take off now!~

[W. Stone levitation roll: 3+1]

The wyvern spreads its two wings and unmovingly ascends vertically, then straightens out and slowly flies off toward the house, not bothering to flap its wings one bit.

Meanwhile, Sigmund is left behind looking a bit sad and dejected. But who cares about him! Flying rubber wyvern!

After a leisurely ride through the skies, Niklas is taken to his house! Damn, what have they done to the place? It looks all egg-like and stony and whatnot. And is that a gangplank? Ah, no matter.

In the Festive Pelican...

Scott, despite missing with his stab, refuses to miss any beats whatsoever!

"If you don't want to be stabbed, up against the wall! You are conscripted in the name of my master!"

"Uh... let me think about it..."

"Wrong answer!"

[Scott vs. Random Sailor: 2+2 vs. 4]

The sailor ducks out of the way as Scott swings again.

"I'd really rather not!"

Scott is about to swing again, but something interrupts him!

[Grapple: Bouncer 1 vs. Scott: 3+1 vs. 6-1]
[Grapple: Bouncer 2 vs. Scott: 6+1 vs. 3-1]

One bouncer leaps past him, surprising the zombie! Must have miscalculated. Silly mortals, he'll stab them... wait, why can't he move his arm? He looks for the cause.

Ah. It seems to be a burly man with a disapproving expression. A burly man who seems to have grabbed and broken his arm and fingers in several places, then snatched the fallen dagger from the ground.

"Stabbing is forbidden! Not paying for your drinks is also strongly discouraged! And cult activity and terrible hygiene is just wrong!"

In a glass-lidded parlor underneath the entrance hall of the Artiste's house...

Mark closes his divination book, extremely rich in knowledge about the subject from his prolonged perusal. From visceromancy to reading tea leaves to astrology to using those funny word dice he has, he can perform amateur divination with a great many things! Theoretically, anyway. He hasn't been out of the room yet.

Not that he can get out, anyway. Well, as far as he knows, anyway. The Artiste seemed rather particular about sealing him down here so he didn't "get death spores in his nose while he is sleeping", in his own words. Mark does believe that this place might have an exit somewhere - after all, what kind of evil fellow you'd have to be to seal someone in here forever? Sure, the Artiste may have told him to stay at a minimum distance of ten meters from any of his human minions (unless a solid wall is between them), but this is something else entirely. It's just a matter of finding the exit, he guesses.

If only he had a clue where to start.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: April 30, 2013, 08:43:22 am »

"May plagues take your life and all your hold dear!"
Stereotypical movie attack HO-oooo! NOM!!

[I would consider this a surprise attack, since biting savagely may not be anticipated. :3]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: April 30, 2013, 09:35:25 am »

In the Festive Pelican...

Scott, faced with overwhelming odds.

"May plagues take your life and all you hold dear!"

He makes with the classic zombie attack heard in many folktales! And an om, and a nom, and an om-nom-nom!

[Biting: Scott vs. Bouncer 2: 1 vs. 4-1]

He oms and noms himself in the broken arm! The bouncer looks on in total confusion.

"Um... ooooo-kay."

[Manhandling: Bouncer 2 vs. Scott: 5+1 vs. 1]

He pulls Scott up by the arm, throws him upward and catches him by the legs, then starts whacking him against a nearby support beam, each whack followed by ker-crack, and each ker-crack followed by another whack! Scott is rather tenderized by this assault, and he's afraid that he has no unbroken ribs remaining. Not to mention that his spine may have snapped several times. After a few minutes of such manhandling, the bouncer lifts the confused zombie up by his feet and shakes him vigorously for half a minute, though nothing falls out of Scott's secure pockets, fortunately.

"Eh, guess we can pawn the dagger."

The guard then carries Scott outside and starts spinning about in a strange imitation of a hammer throw!

[Throw roll: 1+1]

He fumbles at the last minute, though, letting go of Scott too early and managing to only make him fly and slide down the pier, but miss the water completely. As Scott lies face-down on the hard wooden surface of the pier, he can't help but feel slightly inadequate. And mostly immobile. Well, at least the bouncer only walked up to him and gave him a slight kick before going back in. That's way better than what he could have done.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: April 30, 2013, 10:26:15 am »

Sigmund shrugged, not that it matters having a walk when you can levitate in a rubber wyrm. He said a final thing to the mages before heading back to the Artiste's new house:

Thank you very much for your kindness. I promise that we will take care of that stone. It is a nice being after all, it's a pity that he had to be restrained in that box for so long. But, now, I have to leave, as I'm afraid I have been left back by my friend. I hope life smiles you-

He then heads to the Artiste's house.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:11 am »

Roundhouse kick the door. Shout Viking rhymes about pigs.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: April 30, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

Morton could only stare at the scene that was before him in confusion, before leaving the Festive Pelican. "Well, that was certainly... Something, wasn't it Kevin?" He went to go check on the old galley. "This looks promising, and interesting! I wonder how old it is..." Morton mused to himself.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: April 30, 2013, 12:08:21 pm »

Scott has never felt so humiliated in his life.
He will dry sob and hold Gary before (attempting too) standing up to gather himself.
And charge! shamble crawl after those who took his dagger.
He will attempt to summon all the virulence in his form into a foul vapour that he will breathe and spew into the ship.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:11:02 pm by Innsmothe »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: April 30, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »

Kevin, not wanting Scott to get hurt, runs up to him and drags him away from the tavern.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: April 30, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »

Back in Shriekpot, next to the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund shrugs nonchalantly and tries to walk back to the house the Artiste is presumably still in. However, he remembers something, turning to the mages.

"Thank you very much for your kindness. I promise that we will take care of that stone. It is a nice being after all, it's a pity that he had to be restrained in that box for so long. But now I have to leave, as I'm afraid I have been left back by my friend. I hope life smiles on you."

"Happy trails, comrade!"

"Have fun with whatever you're doing!"

"Be careful with the wyvern, though. You lack the means to control it in any way now. Thought you should know."

Ah. That might be good to know. Oh well. Resuming nonchalant walk!

He walks for about a hundred meters, stopping at a point where five streets cross. Or is it only two? Maybe a hundred, even. It's a bit difficult to tell, what with the world seemingly spinning before his eyes and the ground swaying to and fro.

At the home of the Artiste...

Niklas imagines a door to be in his way, roundhouse kicking the figment away and going into the house while singing rhymes of murder, drinking, feasting, commerce and more murder.

Ooh, this place has certainly changed. More floors, for one. And the decor is a lot more tomb-like than before, more solid and stone-based. And more steel bars, too. Not to mention that there are no kitchens in immediate sight. At least not HIS kitchen!

At the entrance of the Festive Pelican...

Morton, having confusedly watched the meticulous shattering of his former master's poor body, leaves the Festive Pelican along with Kevin.

"Well, that was certainly... something, wasn't it, Kevin?"

He then walks right past the crumpled, pathetic heap that remains of Master Yaleson and goes on to look at the old galley.

"This looks promising, and interesting! I wonder how old it is..." he muses to himself as he looks it over.

He steps onto the deck. However, this proves to have been rather unwise, as he immediately hears a piercing, inhuman shriek come from nearby. Man, this is giving him a headache. He loudly stomps his foot on the deck and politely asks the person to stop. Unfortunately, the person doesn't seem to be listening. Though the shrieking is getting closer.

Meanwhile, Scott takes a moment to bask in the humiliation. He finds it to be both biting and searing, and turns to Gary for solace. He always understands.

After a minute of tearless sobbing, Scott tries to get up.

[Endurance roll: 3]

However, he finds that his spine really has been snapped at least once - he couldn't stand up with all the effort in the world. He sobs some more as a result. After another minute of this, he notices somebody seems to be dragging him. He looks up.

It's Kevin! He appears to be dragging him directly away from the Festive Pelican.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 719