Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40736 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2012, 02:45:53 am »

Busy for now.

I'll probably die this round since Tiruin can attack twice.
Defend Self
Defend Self

(Yes, I am a shieldman)
So this is what confused me. My thinking was that if you were Traitorous scum, you'd go all VIVA LE REVOLUTION on the Prince because of the attacks presented on you.

Then you choose to defend yourself instead. Lowering that impression and making me wonder if you're loyal or the conniving heir, the latter taking a higher suspicion. To anyone curious about why that impression was lowered - under the idea of WIFOM. Three instances - Loyalist defending himself other than weakening his suspect [Low suspicion] ; Traitor who fears for his life and leaves the conclusion on why he did so to the people [Middle suspicion] ; Conniving Heir. Your words speak more than your actions though.

Yeah, I don't know a good synonym for 'suspicion'.

Oh, and that probably die. That also. I'd ask why you stated that, but for lack of time...

I attack Deathsword.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 2
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:13 am »

Defend self.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:57 am »

Toony:
Irony:
Sorry for the lack of activity.
You dirty scumbag.
What are you trying to do here, lighten the mood?

Yep.

Dariush:
Direct contradiction which Leaf desperately tries to gloss over.

And yes, Toony is still scum.

I don't really follow.  However, if you're talking about which posts of yours he's saying are non-posts, then don't bother explaining it because 1) it's stupid  2)  it's irrelevant  3)  I don't care.

Tiruin:
So this is what confused me. My thinking was that if you were Traitorous scum, you'd go all VIVA LE REVOLUTION on the Prince because of the attacks presented on you.

I don't get this post.  What do you think he is, exactly?

I'll go ahead and Attack Caz again for his conviction that only scum want to attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2012, 10:51:47 am »

Scum. I got my thinking right only minutes after I had posted but was then called away before I could fix by EBWOP. Was a crudely made idea, the whole quote here. He could be defending himself just for survival, but then regarding that he had nothing else to say in accordance with his defense (Shieldman claim, no Stalwart//obviously not a Swordsmaster), color me confused on what he was trying to accomplish with two defends but waste actions.

Meph: Can a Swordsmaster be a Stalwart? For that matter, can any special role [Sword/Shield/Crossbowman] be a Stalwart Guard?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:31 am »

Meph: Can a Swordsmaster be a Stalwart? For that matter, can any special role [Sword/Shield/Crossbowman] be a Stalwart Guard?

No, Stalwart is its own role and role cannot be combined.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2012, 11:08:19 am »

Then you choose to defend yourself instead. Lowering that impression and making me wonder if you're loyal or the conniving heir, the latter taking a higher suspicion.
I highly doubt there's a conniving heir.  From my understanding they're only used to break odd numbers of guards so it's somewhat even.  We have 8 guards so there shouldn't be a conniving heir, if your greatest suspicion of Deathsword is because he's something he can't be then that's kind of dumb.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2012, 11:13:00 am »

He did also say 'roughly' in distributing the players. Either way, they're all scum in my eye.

Meph: The role of the Conniving Heir will only be known when he wins, right? If Last Man Standing only? If the Prince dies and the Heir lives, what will happen to the game?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2012, 11:30:31 am »

He did also say 'roughly' in distributing the players. Either way, they're all scum in my eye.

Meph: The role of the Conniving Heir will only be known when he wins, right? If Last Man Standing only? If the Prince dies and the Heir lives, what will happen to the game?

The game ends when either the Prince is dead or all those opposing him are dead. If a Conniving Heir is alive when the prince dies, he loses just like any remaining Loyal guards.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2012, 11:39:10 am »

Uh. So your glorious Prince is back, but I guess there's not a lot to be done before day's end.

Dariush:
I didn't say grammatical mistake was a scumtell. I said I couldn't understand what he was saying.
So it was another non-post, then?

You actually did something that post, but only after multiple people pointed out you were doing nothing.
Non-post where I 'actually' did something? What.
The post you were referring back to, the one where you so helpfully corrected Tiruin's grammar, was a non-post.  You did nothing.

You did do something in the next post, but it sucked.
Direct contradiction which Leaf desperately tries to gloss over.
His explanation makes sense to me. He even changes which one he's talking about in the first quote alone- it was a non-post, you did something that post.

Do you have some brilliant explanation for why all of his quotes are referencing the exact same post?

Both of his attacks so far have served no purpose and contained no understandable reasoning?
'No purpose'? 'No understandable reasoning'? Way to disregard the entirety of what I've done this game and every single thing I said, vote me and continue activelurking. Nice job, scum.
Examples would be incredibly useful here. Vague assertions that your contributions are being unjustly ignored are not very convincing.

Toony:
You mean Caz?  I didn't think it was right defending him yesterday because of his Prince behavior.  Tiruin and Toaster made cases I agreed with.
You had cases you agreed with, but didn't have anything to say about it for yourself?
Well, yeah.  I said yesterday I was fine with him being hit and also this:
It's totally ridiculous that the both of you didn't have an opinion about Caz before I asked you about it, and now suddenly you're shaking your heads in the affirmative going, "Oh, yeah, we thought he was scummy. Mmmmhmmm, yeah."
Is complete bullshit at least on my part because I said yesterday that Caz was scummy (otherwise why even make my 'defend statement'?)

I didn't add anything (I suppose) because I would be just repeating statements (a pointless endeavor) and was replying to Dariush and Caz himself anyway.  My attack on Dariush today is not very sudden.  I certainly wasn't going to defend Caz anytime soon either.

I'm still waiting for an answer Toaster.
This strikes me as defensively passive. You're basically trying to pass off not defending someone as voicing a definite opinion that they're scum.

Tiruin:

Scum. I got my thinking right only minutes after I had posted but was then called away before I could fix by EBWOP. Was a crudely made idea, the whole quote here. He could be defending himself just for survival, but then regarding that he had nothing else to say in accordance with his defense (Shieldman claim, no Stalwart//obviously not a Swordsmaster), color me confused on what he was trying to accomplish with two defends but waste actions.

I still have no idea what you're getting at here. At first you thought that scum would try to attack me as a last ditch effort, but then he didn't, so... you realized he's scum anyway?

And what's with that role question?

I don't get what you're getting at here either. Who's the "they're" in "they're all scum?" Do you think he's a conniving heir or something else?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:38 am »

I have a meeting to attend, so the Turn will end in ~1 hour.
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2012, 12:04:25 pm »

-snip-
I still have no idea what you're getting at here. At first you thought that scum would try to attack me as a last ditch effort, but then he didn't, so... you realized he's scum anyway?

And what's with that role question?

=snip=
I don't get what you're getting at here either. Who's the "they're" in "they're all scum?" Do you think he's a conniving heir or something else?
On the role questions: I'm curious if those apply to each other because the attributes seem feasible to be connected - Stalwart Shieldman for example. It may be what I know of English, because when I see Meph's role post, the only role with the suffix 'Guard' is the Stalwart. Hence the role question.

Back to the main topic: The thought of people attacking you as a last ditch effort was [conceivably] stupid in this situation. Scum can also hit their own people as town can hit theirs as nobody knows each other, something I've forgotten in the formula. In short, I was rambling about my thought process on his action before the flip even comes, but forgetting to put in what I've found pre-defense.

Meaning my scumhunt on him.

In the second part: Conniving Heir and Traitors are adverse to the Prince and his men, so they take the definition of scum. Mafia = Traitor, Town = Loyalist, and third-party = Heir.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2012, 12:11:31 pm »

Toony:  Now that I've answered, what are you planning to do next?  You seemed to be waiting on me.

Also, on further consideration, I might as well finish this.

Attack Caz, again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »

Toony:  Now that I've answered, what are you planning to do next?  You seemed to be waiting on me.
I want to see what Deathsword flips.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »

How will his flip affect your read, given scum doesn't know other scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »

How will his flip affect your read, given scum doesn't know other scum?
It will help see how we're doing.  That's a killing blow for Caz too I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25