Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40751 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2012, 10:42:53 am »

Explain your suspicions and how you came up to them.
Nice job ignoring my post and my questions to you (#61).

Because the game would advance?  I think not attacking after a certain period is very scummy, and I explained why I put an attack on Deathsword.  Coward.  Don't expect me to defend you.
-snip-
Are we scum enough to be attacked yet then?  Or do you need to gather "evidence" by making us answer more stupid questions?
So, asking you a simple question is enough to trigger a passive-agressive shitstorm. Noted.
Dariush are you ever going to scumhunt or are you just going to throw shit everywhere in the hope that some of it sticks?

Leafsnail: My answer to Tiruin sounded angry because I was angry at his crap (more below), but not at Toonyman. Thus the difference in tone.

Tiruin: First you attempt to defend the Prince (despite IO not being under attack and being called on it by Meph) to look loyal, then when others (Caz and myself) pointed that out, you deflected it by saying it was a "Reaction Test", which I claimed was BS. Then you made up some crap about me mentioning my survival and panicking, to I called you out on. You then proceeded to call me "jumpy" to once more deflect the attention from you.

You are scum, Tiruin. Attack Tiruin
Yeah I forgot the possibility that you're stuck in some kind of weird tunnelvision whereby you act nice to everyone else in order to try and get them to lynch THE GREAT SATAN.  Nevermind.

What about Leafsnail's suggestion that all kills should be sanctioned by the prince to avoid scum involvement? What say you Lord IronyOwl?
See reply to Jim. It's not a bad idea in some ways, but I'd be concerned about the lack of actions to scumhunt off of.
Makes sense.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2012, 10:47:14 am »

Caz
Tiruin: It's been stated that defending is reactionary. Are you pre-emptively defending the prince in an attempt to make you look better?
Reaction Testing. I did that to see how others would react if I stated such. My defense has not been used yet as of this moment.
This is utter bullshit. Which reaction did you expect, other than the inevitable accusation of trying to look towny and a question about you not reading the rules?
It was a poorly made concept, now that I see it. What was in my mind was the fact on differing reactions to a simple statement, and so I did such.
Your second sentence makes no sense, grammatical or otherwise.

Toony, why the sudden decrease of activity and increase of ignoring me?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:05 am »

There are Five unresolved attacks:
    Deathsword attacking Tiruin
    Caz attacking Deathsword
    Jim Groovester attacking Caz
    Leafsnail attacking Dariush
    Tiruin attacking Deathsword

There are no Injuries at this time

Turn 1 Ends ~10am Pacific Thursday, or when all Actions have been made or Passed

Meph
There is One unresolved attack: Deathsword attacking Tiruin
Unresolved? He put it in red?

An Unresolved Attack is one that has not yet been Defended against..
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:02 am »

Nice one Dariush, grammatical mistakes are the biggest scumtell of all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »

If you wanted somebody who wasn't being as active as they should be there's Toaster (I would probably have attacked him at this point if I hadn't used mine already).  Do you have some shiny bells you want me to look at as you dance?

You can assume anybody I don't defend I don't mind seeing get hit.  Unless they make a better case.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »

Caz:
Caz: Why do you think I am a traitor? Are you going to accuse me without any case to back it?

You seem to spend all your time defending yourself and trying to look town.

Weak answer. How am I looking town? Can you give any examples? And I guess you would love if I completely ignored any and all accusations against me, wouldn't you?

You aren't, but you are trying to stress your innocence and place the blame on people who suspect you to be scum. Have you suspected anyone yet who hasn't already suspected you? Why are you so concerned that people attacking you must be scum?

So... is he or isn't he trying to look town?

A little. I am more interested in his reactions to being attacked and in getting others to post something of substance so that I can get a read on them.

Aren't you putting the cart in front of the horse here?  You want to scum hunt him by attacking him?

Tiruin:
Deathsword
Tiruin: First you attempt to defend the Prince (despite IO not being under attack and being called on it by Meph) to look loyal, then when others (Caz and myself) pointed that out, you deflected it by saying it was a "Reaction Test", which I claimed was BS. Then you made up some crap about me mentioning my survival and panicking, to I called you out on. You then proceeded to call me "jumpy" to once more deflect the attention from you.

You are scum, Tiruin. Attack Tiruin

-SNIP-

Afterwards, retaliation ensues. Nice OMGUS...It hurts me muchly. [Spoiler'd for readability]

Why do I get the feeling that you are seriously overblowing your case on him?

Also, who exactly is doing the OMGUS here?

Dariush:  Who do you actually suspect?  It's hard to tell who you're interrogating and at whom you're just spitting bile.

PPE:  Afternoon, Toony.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 01:12:11 pm »

If you wanted somebody who wasn't being as active as they should be there's Toaster
Classic scumtell, 'Why me'. Sure, point out how other people are guilty of the same things as you are instead of actually, ohIdunno, defending against those accusations.
You can assume anybody I don't defend I don't mind seeing get hit.  Unless they make a better case.
So, you wouldn't mind literally anybody getting hit? Does this mindset also apply to yourself, Toony?

Nice one Dariush, grammatical mistakes are the biggest scumtell of all.
I didn't say grammatical mistake was a scumtell. I said I couldn't understand what he was saying.

Dariush:  Who do you actually suspect?  It's hard to tell who you're interrogating and at whom you're just spitting bile.
So far I was torn between Tiruin and Toony, but the last post by the latter pushed the scales in his favor. Or out of his favor. Whatever.

And, since I'm not sure I'll be online before the turn end, Defend self.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

Toaster: I don't get how you see it as overblowing a case. What I did was to try to summarize and justify what I felt on his actions. Also, OMGUS as...in context of the acronym 'OMG U Suck.' because as this isn't a Mafia game [vote solely because someone voted you and whatnot], the original meaning can't have any connotation. That OMGUS was meant in a way to try to provoke Deathsword into a better read because I felt that he felt that he was being attacked, by the shift in tone.

His response? "Yeah, because I totally didn't bring up a case on you more than once before attacking, unlike the two that attacked me."

Which adds to the impression that he has gone on the defensive from a simplistic form of questioning which, by examination, isn't even attacking him at all.

Dariush
Caz
Tiruin: It's been stated that defending is reactionary. Are you pre-emptively defending the prince in an attempt to make you look better?
Reaction Testing. I did that to see how others would react if I stated such. My defense has not been used yet as of this moment.
This is utter bullshit. Which reaction did you expect, other than the inevitable accusation of trying to look towny and a question about you not reading the rules?
It was a poorly made concept, now that I see it. What was in my mind was the fact on differing reactions to a simple statement, and so I did such.
Your second sentence makes no sense, grammatical or otherwise.
Reactions differ on any question. My formatting quality goes down as the number of hours of night grow. Bah.

Also, thanks for the irony but you forgot to even answer my own question. You quoted my answer, now where is mine?

Dariush:
Dariush: What are you thinking of the posts so far? Do you have any feelings on who might be scum yet?
All of my readings are much more neutral than they would be in a normal game, because I know that scum don't know each other's identity. Add to that the reality of a brand-new gametype and the answer to the first question becomes 'many words'. As to the second question, I think that the likeliest scum are those people whom I adressed in my last two posts, namely Tiruin, Toonyman and Leafsnail.

Dariush:  What do you think is justifiable reason to attack?
Numerous and serious scumslips in a row. Namely, looking for easy lynches and excessively trying to paint self in a townie light.
Explain your suspicions and how you came up to them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »

Tiruin:
Deathsword
Tiruin: You asked a hipotetical question, which I answered. Then you somehow linked my answer to a hipotetical question to an outright confession from me. You did say exactly that your defend action at the start was a "Reaction Test". Which I still think is an excuse created to justify that slip.

While everyone does read each post (in theory), not everyone pays the same attention to each. By deflecting the attention you make sure the posts of someone else are examined in detail, while yours are not.

OMGUS... Yeah, because I totally didn't bring up a case on you more than once before attacking, unlike the two that attacked me.

Can you please explain how @ bolded part. Next, explain how my formatting is hard to read. There are only THREE SPOILERS and paragraphs.
Bolded part: You tried to look town by defend His Highness El Prince, despite him not being under attack. When Meph told you that defends were in lime green and reactionary, you tried to defend IO again. Just with the correct colour this time. Then when Caz and I questioned you about it, you came up with the "Reaction Test". Your attempted defense was a slip.

As to why it's hard to read: Massive walls of text, quotes are often in strange places and way too many (hr)s

Also, it seems you're turning the notion of deflecting to another idea entirely, when the context was 'jumpy'.

Next, you outright accuse me in front of yon Prince as if I'M the one spouting crap? How quaint. Can you explain, in all your entirety, how, with quotes. Then compare. Then justify. Please?
First, why are you placing such importance on me answering the question IO asked, as to why I responded agressively? Are you the only one allowed to accuse others while answering his questions? The short version to my accusations are above. However if you want quotes, click the spoiler below:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assuming we have roleflips [which I bet we do], and you turn up Loyalist//Town, then I'd be pretty stupid to have attacked you based on what you state, and in general, aye? I say nay.
[/quote
Of course you won't. You are scum, that is your objective.

Oh, and by the way: Accusing me of OMGUS while doing one on me. Nicely done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

I didn't say grammatical mistake was a scumtell. I said I couldn't understand what he was saying.
So it was another non-post, then?

You actually did something that post, but only after multiple people pointed out you were doing nothing.  And it was a half-hearted, meaningless attack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »

Tiruin:  Trying to tell me that attacking someone right after they attack you isn't an OMGUS is a crock of shit and you know it.

I don't want to put it off too long, so let's go ahead and Attack Caz.  He's pretty much just making stuff up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2012, 08:30:44 pm »

So, you wouldn't mind literally anybody getting hit? Does this mindset also apply to yourself, Toony?
If you were paying attention the people getting attacked at the time (unresolved) were Tiruin, Deathsword, Caz, and you (Dariush).  I'm kind of okay with that.  And it's shocking to find out I'll most likely be defending myself near turn end if nothing comes up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

Toaster
Tiruin:  Trying to tell me that attacking someone right after they attack you isn't an OMGUS is a crock of shit and you know it.
Define OMGUS. And this is basically what you also define as 'overblown?' What am I to do with people I suspect as traitors, then. Poke them with my pointed stick?

@Deathsword: You don't even explain why a 'Reaction Test' is something different. The defense didn't work, and I have information on those who questioned it. Thank you for misunderstanding, and slipping up. Thank you also for trying to twist my words, when the basis of our reasoning came from a supposed view. I said 'Suppose' you were a traitor. You seem to have picked up the statement from a Traitor's viewpoint without clarifying it and then acting defensive. You don't even try to acquit yourself on being defensive but attack every other point in turn.

Assuming we have roleflips [which I bet we do], and you turn up Loyalist//Town, then I'd be pretty stupid to have attacked you based on what you state, and in general, aye? I say nay.
Of course you won't. You are scum, that is your objective.

Oh, and by the way: Accusing me of OMGUS while doing one on me. Nicely done.
Pff. Yeah, and you say my posts are hard to read because of me trying to format it in a reasonable way. I am deeply insulted by that and laugh at how you try to persuade otherwise.

OMGUS, my ass. For the lack of defining it.

I don't see any way we can continue speaking in a coherent manner if you keep on attacking everything minor I say to you. Face my damned blade you traitor.

Deathsword.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2012, 12:51:21 am »

Not left-justified spoilers

What the hell, man. Way to make your post ten times harder to read.

= Do you think using your attacks in conjunction with whoever the Prince attacks will be better than following your own leads? Putting in the knowledge that the Prince always listens to everyone.

It depends on whether I think the case is good or not. I'm not obligated to follow his lead, I have to make sure the traitors are eliminated. If I agree with the case then I will of course follow the Prince.

Also, OMGUS as...in context of the acronym 'OMG U Suck.' because as this isn't a Mafia game [vote solely because someone voted you and whatnot], the original meaning can't have any connotation.

That's bullshit.

Toaster got to it before I did but it's still bullshit.

Next, you outright accuse me in front of yon Prince as if I'M the one spouting crap?

Why is bringing it up before IronyOwl an issue?

You quote my post explaining my reasoning then go on to mock my lack of reasoning? Ok then.

Yes.

You may not agree with his case and think it's terrible. Sure, whatever.

But to accuse him of not scumhunting, well, that's simply not true. You certainly can't say that the attempt isn't there, and that's what I take issue with.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:57 am »

So it was another non-post, then?

You actually did something that post, but only after multiple people pointed out you were doing nothing.  And it was a half-hearted, meaningless attack.
Non-post where I 'actually' did something? What.

'Half-hearted, meaningless attack' in a game where attacks are final and unchangeable? Double what.

'Multiple people pointing out you are doing nothing'? Meaning 'Toaster asked for your specific list of suspects, but I'm too much of an asshole not to exaggerate it'?

So yeah, you're pretty much lying scum, Leaf.

Also, thanks for the irony but you forgot to even answer my own question. You quoted my answer, now where is mine?
Oh, I'm so sorry. I came up to my suspicions by being through so far that even not as enough as to before I did that. Though I obviously did.

(Hint: you didn't actually answer my original question after rephrasing. I asked a quite specific question: Which reaction did you expect. Your answer was 'Different reactions'. Fuck you.)

If you were paying attention the people getting attacked at the time (unresolved) were Tiruin, Deathsword, Caz, and you (Dariush).  I'm kind of okay with that.  And it's shocking to find out I'll most likely be defending myself near turn end if nothing comes up.
Oh, so you already figured out all scum? Why, that's quite oracular of you. Otherwise I see no reason for you not to defend any of the FOUR people getting attacked.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25