Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Game Over!  (Read 40706 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 2
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2012, 08:48:25 pm »

4. Wow that is a really stupid argument.
Yes, it is.  Attack Dariush.
Why is it?
Both of his attacks so far have served no purpose and contained no understandable reasoning?  I feel like you're just asking a question to ask one here.
Naah, I'm asking a question so you can explain yourself. Why do you need prodding on explaining your reasoning?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:25 am »

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, especially point 1.  Some quotes and links would help.

Also, do you still suspect Toony?
Did not being an idiot stop being fashionable while I wasn't looking?
I didn't say grammatical mistake was a scumtell. I said I couldn't understand what he was saying.
So it was another non-post, then?

You actually did something that post, but only after multiple people pointed out you were doing nothing.
Non-post where I 'actually' did something? What.
The post you were referring back to, the one where you so helpfully corrected Tiruin's grammar, was a non-post.  You did nothing.

You did do something in the next post, but it sucked.
Direct contradiction which Leaf desperately tries to gloss over.

And yes, Toony is still scum.

Both of his attacks so far have served no purpose and contained no understandable reasoning?
'No purpose'? 'No understandable reasoning'? Way to disregard the entirety of what I've done this game and every single thing I said, vote me and continue activelurking. Nice job, scum.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2012, 09:46:33 am »

Direct contradiction which Leaf desperately tries to gloss over.
It's unbelievably simple.  "It" referred to the same post you were referring to.  "That" referred to the post I was quoting.  Two different posts in which you did two different things (NB: both those things sucked, you have not been able to deny this point).  No contradiction.  It's slightly ambiguous if you read it like a brainless robot but it's extremely obvious to a human being what I meant.  The fact that you're basing your case against me on a willful misinterpretation is unbelievable.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

As long as the Prince lives and scum die, I'm happy. Also, you say this as if you're pretty unsure about the stance of my target. Can you tell me your read on him?

He is scummy alright, and his biggest failing seems to be his tunnel vision of focusing on you instead of broadening his view. He snatched on every straw to try and convince others that you were traitor instead of him.
Trying to buddy up with Tiruin? Are you really so sure that he is loyal that you have nothing to ask from him and are willing to trust him completely?

Mainly it was you saying he was both trying and trying not to look like town.  (A question to which you didn't answer.)

I said that he was trying to look town while trying not to get noticed. I'm not saying he was trying to look town and trying not to look town at once. That would be stupid.
Please don't try to backpedal now. As Toaster pointed out, you said I was trying to look town. Then you said I wasn't. (or the other way around)

I'll probably die this round since Tiruin can attack twice.
Defend Self
Defend Self

(Yes, I am a shieldman)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »

Been busy doing other entertaining things that unfortunately take me away from my computer.

Will work on a post forthwith.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:46 am »

I agree that I'd like to hear more from Jim.

Four games of mafia and math homework is tough to deal with all at the same time. I make no excuses except this one.

Define it.

No, that's dumb. An OMGUS is perfectly understood even in this non-mafia context.

IronyOwl: You are our main advantage. Are you going to action this turn?
Jim: Last round you attacked me for not believing Deathsword's attempts to scumhunt, and what are you doing? Trying to lurk your way to the finish line so you can shoot the Prince in the neck?

It's all about proving to IronyOwl how much of a loyal guard you are to him, isn't it?

Surely everyone will agree with you about your purported alignment when you make such blatant overtures to it.

I'll probably die this round since Tiruin can attack twice.
Defend Self
Defend Self

(Yes, I am a shieldman)

Why is it more important to you to stay alive than it is to do damage to the people you think are traitors?

Leafsnail, what do you make of Caz and how loyal he tries to look?

ToonyMan, what about you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2012, 11:01:34 am »

4. Wow that is a really stupid argument.
Yes, it is.  Attack Dariush.
Why is it?
Both of his attacks so far have served no purpose and contained no understandable reasoning?  I feel like you're just asking a question to ask one here.
Naah, I'm asking a question so you can explain yourself. Why do you need prodding on explaining your reasoning?
I don't.

ToonyMan, what about you?
You mean Caz?  I didn't think it was right defending him yesterday because of his Prince behavior.  Tiruin and Toaster made cases I agreed with.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:44 am »

This is just a forewarning, but the hurricane Sandy is coming and I can feel the wind picking up.  Hopefully, I don't lose power the next few days but I might be affected.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2012, 01:03:49 pm »

Defend self.

Leafsnail, what do you make of Caz and how loyal he tries to look?
The case you have against him is strong, and I should have noticed it earlier.  As I looked at each of his posts individually I was prepared to write it off as over-cautiousness, but now I realise he's been doing it in almost every single one of his posts it looks a lot more damning.  It's not hard to find more examples of him doing it, eg
Now we see your true colours. Does it not matter to you whether town loses or not? It is highly unlikely that everyone on that list is a traitor and I doubt your sincerity in locating them. Or are you just trying to score points with the players who attacked them?
I figured you were being rhetorical. I don't understand how an attack on a potential scum is worth more than your own hp. It's a chance of gaining strength over the traitors for a sure loss of strength for the loyalists. Assuming you are loyal, that is.
I'll help kill Caz tomorrow.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2012, 04:38:36 pm »

You mean Caz?  I didn't think it was right defending him yesterday because of his Prince behavior.  Tiruin and Toaster made cases I agreed with.

You had cases you agreed with, but didn't have anything to say about it for yourself?

The case you have against him is strong, and I should have noticed it earlier.  As I looked at each of his posts individually I was prepared to write it off as over-cautiousness, but now I realise he's been doing it in almost every single one of his posts it looks a lot more damning.  It's not hard to find more examples of him doing it, eg

How come you didn't notice? It's not like you're a mental invalid.

It's totally ridiculous that the both of you didn't have an opinion about Caz before I asked you about it, and now suddenly you're shaking your heads in the affirmative going, "Oh, yeah, we thought he was scummy. Mmmmhmmm, yeah."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »

I said why?  As I read the thread in installments nothing of Caz's (or the cases against him) struck me as scummy enough to demand a deeper read of his posts.  I instead hit Dariush doing nothing ever and attacked him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:43 pm »

You had cases you agreed with, but didn't have anything to say about it for yourself?
Well, yeah.  I said yesterday I was fine with him being hit and also this:
It's totally ridiculous that the both of you didn't have an opinion about Caz before I asked you about it, and now suddenly you're shaking your heads in the affirmative going, "Oh, yeah, we thought he was scummy. Mmmmhmmm, yeah."
Is complete bullshit at least on my part because I said yesterday that Caz was scummy (otherwise why even make my 'defend statement'?)

I didn't add anything (I suppose) because I would be just repeating statements (a pointless endeavor) and was replying to Dariush and Caz himself anyway.  My attack on Dariush today is not very sudden.  I certainly wasn't going to defend Caz anytime soon either.

I'm still waiting for an answer Toaster.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Prince's Guard - Blood in the Mists - Turn 1
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:09 pm »

There are two unresolved attacks:

Leafsnail against Dariush
ToonyMan against Dariush

Caz has sustained 1 Wound
Deathsword has sustained 3 Wounds
Tiruin has sustained 1 Wound

Turn 2 will End ~10am Pacific Monday, or when all Actions have been made or Passed
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »

Ultra busy weekend.  Post in AM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

Probably won't get a chance to do this before turn end.

Attack Caz.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25