Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47657 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #705 on: November 12, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »

Don't worry about it, short of going after my family or the British armed force's go nuts I really could not care less.
The confidence kinda came with the job.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks. I don't mind the occasional conversation/debate/argument on here, it means you're emotionally invested in this enough that you are willing to argue with a faceless opponent over the internet. I just get a little irritated when─as in the last fifteen to twenty pages─over half,─or in those cases, over eighty percent─of the comments are just agitated conversations that hold relevance, but no actual resolution or impact on the game.

I'm perfectly alright with you guys discussing the game, reasonably or otherwise, just try not to let that dominate the entire thread.

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:19 am »

Wait, we won? All we had to do was apologize to mesor?

Telepathically draw anyone and everyone to the mail-truck rock area.(within 5km?)

Also let's try to keep actions ONLY in bold. Text can be colored or italicized or something. Makes it easier for Onyx.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 13, 2012, 05:27:24 pm »

Good idea, Tylui.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 13, 2012, 06:27:13 pm »

Wait, we won? All we had to do was apologize to mesor?

I intended it as "Yay the butthurt argument was avoided". I recognize that it wasn't entirely TheCard's position to apologize. I'm not blind. I can see that mesor is normally one of the participants in these shitstorms "debates". In the words of a wise man,

"I'm not saying it's your fault, but if a little kid in kindergarten bites someone every week. The kid will get a reputation as a biter."
    -Anon
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 13, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »

"There is nothing sadder than an eagle who cannot fly. Thankfully, I'm more of a dragon."

Pick up the human and try to find help. Use fire breath as a signal.

((I swear, that firey breath is a Swiss Army Ability...))

I think Unknown is awake, and walking a short distance away from Grek. He woke up on Turn Twenty Two. Did you mean to grab him and start dragging him around?

Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 13, 2012, 07:03:32 pm »

"There is nothing sadder than an eagle who cannot fly. Thankfully, I'm more of a dragon."

Pick up the human and try to find help. Use fire breath as a signal.

((I swear, that firey breath is a Swiss Army Ability...))
I think Unknown is awake, and walking a short distance away from Grek. He woke up on Turn Twenty Two. Did you mean to grab him and start dragging him around?
Wait, who has the head wound and used me as a flying cushion?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 13, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

Unknown, his head is still bleeding but I rolled Saving Throw for him and he woke up. Heavily unlikely, but true.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2012, 07:06:17 pm »

Oh, in that case, just lead him around.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 13, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Turn Twenty Three

Players:

Ynot
Ynot's eyes lit up peculiarly, as he gestured the bear to follow him in the general direction of the village.

He proceeded to examine the wounds on his way there, checking whenever the bleeding would stop naturally or if it needed help, and whenever it'd heal nicely.

{1} As Ynot began his journey, his gesturing managed to come off as hostile to Geoff. The agitated bear swiped at Ynot with his left paw.

Unknown Human
Give Grek one of the cure superficial wounds potions as thanks for saving my life.
Get up and search through the wreckage for anything useful. Also attempt to get my bearings.

{N/A} You stand, wait a moment to get acclimated to being on your feet. Thank Grek and give him one of the potions. {4} You scrounge through a pile of wreckage near you, you find a mal-formed hunk of bronze with a short bronze handle attached. You shove it into your backpack.

Gragrar
Call out and try to find someone, help them if they need it.

{4} Gragrar looks around in the fog that is now beginning to thin, and yells out "Is anyone there?!"

Sarron
Sarron does the same, but he flies in a circle while doing so.  If he finds anyone, he'll let Grag know.

{5} Sarron sees the dragon from earlier standing beside a human scrounging in the dust, he flies back to tell Gragrar then airlifts him to the group.

Grek
Follow/Lead the human around.

{N/A} You stand behind Unknown while he dumpster dives.

Klaus
Keep on trying to find a way to dig out. If all else fails, shout Objection! at the walls/lava.

{4} Klaus lets out a groan of exasperation; his frustrations are rising as fast as his temperature. Just as he is nearing the point of giving up and resigning himself to his fate, he sees a small bit of soft dirt in a crack near the back of the tunnel. Ecstatic at this slight glimmer of hope, he starts digging. {4} The dirt gives way to more dirt, and more, and more after that. He finds himself with a small hole dug, and a glimmer of hope. The problem, the rock still leaves too tight an entrance for him to get deeper into the hole he has dug to continue it.

Valentine
Telepathically draw anyone and everyone to the mail-truck rock area.(within 5km?)

{3} Valentine sends a call to the nearest sentient beings, he feels that five creatures heard his call.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NPCs:

Arken

{?} -Cricket, cricket, cricket, cricket-

Flora and Fauna

Geoff

{4} Geoff lashes out at Ynot, hitting him at the edge of his regrowing tail. Clipping the stub off.

Spot/Listen Check:
{6} The fog is beginning to settle, Sarron sees through this haze and notices two of the mountains are now lacking peaks, with lava freely flowing out of them. Grek smells smoke, more than there was a moment ago. Grek looks to where the smoke is thickest, he sees a fire consuming whatever forest remained. Valentine feels that of the five creatures, three are humanoid, and two are beast races.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)

-~-~-

I searched through the earlier posts, I think I said there were five potions on the shelf, but you knocked some off. I'm not particularly sure. If you want you can search through and if you find anything, let me know.
Greater Collection

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 13, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »

((So I am with Grek and Unknown correct? Or will it take me and Sarron another turn to get there?))

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36:27 pm »

"Hey, dragon-man!  Can you help me with my hammer?"
Ask Grek nicely if he could reforge my hammer into a two-handed sword.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »

((So I am with Grek and Unknown correct? Or will it take me and Sarron another turn to get there?))

You're there. I roll die for the distance traveled. Sarron got a four, enough to cover a few miles with flight, even encumbered by a passenger.
Greater Collection

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 13, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »

(Alright)

"Hey! Do either of you know what happened?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:19:45 pm by Urist McBeanie »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 13, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »

"Hey, dragon-man!  Can you help me with my hammer?"
Ask Grek nicely if he could reforge my hammer into a two-handed sword.
"What? Oh, hello there. I guess."
Drink potion, help reforge hammer. With fire breath.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61