Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47661 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #675 on: November 11, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

You can keep guessing all day mate, it ain't down to me to tell you whats coming :).
But if it was dear old clavi then rest assured, I'm stronger, faster, meaner and have a much more impressive weapon.
Well, you did say it killed you a couple posts back.  And you haven't posted an action.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:44 pm »

How do you know I'm not simply doing my actions by PM to keep the secret of my new state of being going?
I wouldn't be the first spirit like being in the game.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 11, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

If you're not in the turn for us all to see, you're not in the game. And you would be the first one doing turns via PM.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 11, 2012, 04:46:06 pm »

True, Valentine has been posting his like everyone else.
Being a player in a non-corporeal form still makes you a player.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »

Wait, does Grek speak Common? Now that it's important, I suddenly find that I either forgot to write it in, or he didn't specify a language.

Would you mind reminding me of it?

Edit: Man, I didn't notice how many of these there were. I also need a chosen language for Ynot and one for Sarron.

Edit Edit: Alright, Turn Twenty-Two is now almost complete. It just needs the two turns that are effected by this newly discovered language barrier.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:38:06 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »

Well, what's his name probably had an idea, but since I've hijacked Sarron, let's just say he knows common.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:18 am »

Ynot speaks fluent lizardman and has a rudimentary knowledge of dorf. Reason for the first has been outlined in a PM I've sent you a while back, and it's my personal opinion that beastfolk languages are heavily influenced by dwarven language due to that relation between tribes, caverns and such a rather long time ago...

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:34 am »

Turn Twenty Two

Players:

Unknown Human
Wake and groggily ask Grek what the **** happened.
Preferably whilst clutching the back of my head and moaning a bit.

{N/A} Unknown woke up with a groan. When he tried to sit up the sudden rush of blood to his head made him fall right back down. He looked around for the dragon that had possibly saved his life and found him sitting on a pile of rubble not far away looking about in a carefully managed pattern. Unknown saw the dragon had blood running down it's flank, it was wounded somewhere. Once Unknown had regained enough control of his faculties to think clearly, he asked the dragon a simple question. "What the f*ck happened?"

Klaus
See if I can somehow dig out via a indirect route. If I can't, see if there is any water.

{1} Klaus looks around for anything that might help him dig out his way out, a patch of soft dirt in the walls, a pickaxe, another entrance, anything. Klaus doesn't find anything that could conceivably help him in his quest. Klaus feels a salty droplet run down his forehead into his left eye, he rubs it out as he realizes the room has become noticeably hotter in the past few minutes. Klaus grows worried as he realizes the lava is slowly heating the room.

Ynot
DISREGARD BEAR.

Focus on shaping this rock. WITH THE MIND. We got the sparks covered, time for quickly freezing rock to bow to our will!

{N/A} You grasp a bit of rock that rolled to stop, sizzling, in the snow a short distance from you. When it is firmly grasped in a coiled loop of your lower body, slightly singing the scales but causing major damage, {6} his attempts to reform the rock end up with it exploding into small bits of shrapnel flying off in every direction. {2} Three of the shards penetrate Ynot's scales along his upper body and the wounds are thin, but deep.

Gragrar
Call out, try to find someone, if they are injured or trapped, try to help them.

{5} Gragrar cups his hands around his mouth and bellows out a short succinct message, "Hello? Does anyone need help?" A few moments pass and a human that for some reason had the legs and wings of some type of bird had alighted before him. The creature looked at him then in a show of sentience called out to him, "Are you hurt?" Gragrar examined himself to see if he was injured, he didn't feel any pain but you can never be too sure with these things, he didn't see any blood or obvious cuts, scrapes, or bruises. He looked up to the creature and shook his head, "I think I'm fine, but; who are you?"

Sarron
Fly above the landscape, looking to see if there is anyone I can help.  Try to find Grek and get him to forge my sword.

{1} You hear someone calling out and fly down to them. OOC: See above turn.

Grek
Examine self and human. Try to fix up any wounds we have.

{N/A} Grek carefully looks over himself and the human he had saved. He would have had to have been blind to not see the blood-caked hair and massive bruise on the back of the human's head. The pain in Grek's wing told him all he needed to know that the membrane would have to heal before he could properly fly again. The bleeding wasn't fatal, but it was by not means a small matter. The puncture hole that the rock had punched through his wing was approximately five inches in diameter. Grek knew there was nothing he could do for the greater injuries around him, so he tried to staunch the bleeding of his wing and the human's head. {2} Grek tried to find something to cover the wounds, but all he could see was fire, ash, dirt, and splinters of wood as far as his eyes could see through the foggy cloud of dirt and ash.

Valentine
Find a relatively safe, secluded area to draw all the others to and subsequently together.

{4-1 for floating debris} Valentine began searching through the areas around the valley, hoping to find a small area that was at least marginally untouched by the recent cataclysmic events as a meeting area for the group. He managed to find a semi-plausible option, it was a small plot of land that was untouched by anything but a few rocks.

NPCs:

Arken
I wonder what he's doing...

{?} **** if I know.

Flora and Fauna

Polar Bear A

{3} Polar Bear A, who's name is now Geoff, idly sniffed at Ynot's tail.

Spot/Listen Check:
{5} Despite your best efforts, the dust and ash clouds are simply too thick to see anything more than three meters beyond your position, which is nothing more than wreckage and splintered chunks of earth.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)

-~-~-

To preserve the mystery just a bit longer, I didn't update your locations in the statuses. You all know where you are. I probably don't have to remind you.

I could have continued that little conversation between Gragrar and Sarron, but I felt like I was god-modding already by assigning some abrupt Q&A, so I'll leave it to you two to continue the chat if you want to.

Valentine, check for an acronym in "rocks". I tried to play with the font size for it, but it just didn't work as well.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:59:43 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:37 am »

Try to cauterize the wounds, somehow.

Keep focusing on that bear. IT IS RELEVANT. It must be. Tame it!

Ynot's eyes lit up peculiarly, as he gestured the bear to follow him in the general direction of the village.

He proceeded to examine the wounds on his way there, checking whenever the bleeding would stop naturally or if it needed help, and whenever it'd heal nicely.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:53:33 pm by LordSlowpoke »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

Give Grek one of the cure superficial wounds potions as thanks for saving my life.
Get up and search through the wreckage for anything useful. Also attempt to get my bearings.

((didn't you say there were 5 potions a while ago?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2012, 03:37:37 pm »

Give Grek one of the cure superficial wounds potions as thanks for saving my life.
Get up and search through the wreckage for anything useful. Also attempt to get my bearings.

((didn't you say there were 5 potions a while ago?))

Did I? I'll check back through in a few hours.
Greater Collection

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2012, 03:46:10 pm »

"Pleased to meet you, my name is Sarron.  What is yours?

((I haven't met him yet, have I?  I kinda wasn't paying attention to Sarron before I started controlling him.))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:12 pm »

((No.))

"I am Gragrar of the Jynson family. Do you know what's going on?"

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 12, 2012, 04:21:59 pm »

((Is talking considered a free action?))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 12, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »

((Is talking considered a free action?))
((I think so, as long as it isn't ludicrously long. Onyx mentioned it ages ago.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61