Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68409 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 22: Coming and Goings
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »

Hooktoe perked up at the mention of his name. "Oh, you want to go with me? Sure! Between the both of us, anything that gets in our way while we're looking around is gonna die." He nodded authoritatively.

Hooktoe rests up in preparation for tomorrow's scouting session.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2012, 01:09:24 am »

Oh, you're both scouting then? Err, OK! I'm in!

Addendum Action: Join in the scoutin'!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:20 am »

((I haven't heard from Tophat or NRDL in a while.
If they don't chime in soon I'll auto them.
I feel like this section is dragging somehow and I want to get things moving.

I imagine tophat goes home with you all and rests up for the next day.
And Charlie does his best to die gloriously))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2012, 04:12:24 pm »

Sorry about that.
Just rest and join the others in the morning for scouting.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 03, 2012, 11:47:16 pm »

((Sorry, been without internet for a while.  And you bet your ass I'm gonna do my best to die gloriously)).

Last Stand time.  Rip flesh, use claws, teeth, tail, EVERYTHING, attack everyone.  I am not going down quietly.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll To Raptor - Turn 23: Branching Paths
« Reply #410 on: December 05, 2012, 12:25:55 am »

Turn 23: Branching Paths

((Apologies for this being very abstracted. I've been busy and it was already too long since last update. I just wanted to get it out tonight even if the prose is not dressed up in character.))

Hooktoe perked up at the mention of his name. "Oh, you want to go with me? Sure! Between the both of us, anything that gets in our way while we're looking around is gonna die." He nodded authoritatively.

Hooktoe rests up in preparation for tomorrow's scouting session.

Oh, you're both scouting then? Err, OK! I'm in!

Addendum Action: Join in the scoutin'!

Sorry about that.
Just rest and join the others in the morning for scouting.

With news that the Great One has left filtering through the pack it probably would have been dififcult to keep them out much longer without argument. While several of the un-attached Hunters would rather keep going in search of a new nest site it's clear the parents with chicks want to herd them back to the nests. Strider suggests that if hunting parties find a safer home it could be considered.

Ironhide spends a while trying to argue that they should all go now, (Cunning+Luck: 6+1+5) people listen politely and seem willing to consider moving, but just not today and not without something better lined up. Getting young eaten or lost on the way is also a frequently voiced concern. When it's clear there's going to be at least one more night spend here she takes her rest. Ripmaw and Krakjaw are barely tired but snooze and idle, doing whatever things Hunters do at home, until the others are ready. Ironhide, Moonfang and Hooktoe are quite tired and need a few hours sleep.

Ironhide Sleeps: (12, 9, 10, 13) Regaining 44 Stamina, She is now perfectly rested.
Moonfang Sleeps: (15,12,12,16) Regaining 55 Stamina, She is now perfectly rested.
Hooktoe Sleeps: (12, 12, 17, 10) Regaining 51 Stamina, He is now Perfectly Rested.

Four hours have passed while the party slept and relaxed. It is now late afternoon. (15:00)

((If majority rules I can roll time forward more before doing your Turn 25 actions so you can start at dawn on Day 2 Otherwise you can roll out now.

As a gameplay point: Research suggests that creatures like yourself had good night vision, and a lot of modern carnivores are night hunters. Therefore I am declareing that you guys are not tied to a sleeping at night and acting in the day. You can take naps around the clock, like cats.

...argh just realized I have to figure out if all the bestiary creatures are nocturnal or diurnal.))

Strider and SlenderSnout greet you after your rest. They say that if you are going out to explore and hunt there are some who might wish to join you. Some are adults, and a few are juveniles in need of experience and training. He says you can take 4 juveniles. or two adults. Or an adult and two juveniles. Any more than that right now and other hunting parties and home guard groups would be compromised. ((If you guys want company i suggest everyone nominate 2. The ones with the most votes tag along on this adventure))

Spoiler: NPC You can bring (click to show/hide)

The Juvenile tag means they have less health and can't do max damage. But they are capable hunters if supervised.

Strider says that if you intend to journey far in search of land you might want to go North. The land there is green with ponds and small lakes. Far to the West the land becomes rocky and broken, also perhaps where the Deathbringers are laying claim. To the south a desert. About the East little is known except that is probably where the clan of Snatchers live.

At A Glance:

It's Early Evening (15:00) (Or dawn if party decides to sleep for the next 12 hours)

Everyone is well rested, quite well fed.

The party is deciding what to do now.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)

((Charlie turn coming soon, have to find nots on his situation))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:23:02 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 23: Branching Paths
« Reply #411 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:52 am »

((Sorry, been without internet for a while.  And you bet your ass I'm gonna do my best to die gloriously)).

Last Stand time.  Rip flesh, use claws, teeth, tail, EVERYTHING, attack everyone.  I am not going down quietly.

((I ran two for you here to keep it eventful))

Charlie knows he will die in seconds if he can't get out from under the largest Snatcher that has it's claws digging into his flesh.

(2+1 vs 2) Hold Broken. He then puts forward and enourmous effort and gets to the top of the rock again. He stands panting, and bleeding on his defense. The pack below is now frurious and starts trying to climb up and attack. The Boss is among the first. (Attack 1 vs 1-1+2. Miss) But it slips down when Charlie threatens to eat it's face. Snatcher2 tries it's luck (Attack 4-1 vs 6-1+2. Miss) (Counter 3 vs 1-1. Damage 3] It to is sent packing with some rather nasty scratches on it's face.

Snatchers 4 and 5 try to climb at the same time but it to is repulsed (Attack 4-1 vs 5+1) (Counter 1 vs 4-1. Null) It's buddy coming up the other side gets a small bonus while you're distracted. (Attack 1+1 vs 3+1) (Counter 4 vs 4-1. Damage 64) You whril around while he's almost up and lay into him, managing to get in a few good bites before he falls off the rock with a Crunch.

[Snatcher2 has a mangled face. Flowing blood impairs vision. Bleeding 2/10]

[Snatcher5 bruised leg, arm. lacerations, including minor neck wound. Bleeding 4/10]

-----------------

Snatcher2 doesn't let blood in it's eyes stop it and tries again with Snatcher4
(Attack 4-1-1 vs 6+1) (Counter 1 vs 5-1) It backs down when you face it. But behind you Snatcher4 makes it's attempt. (6 vs 3+1. Damage 2. -6 HP) It makes it up before you can respond and lays a nasty scratch down your side.

You Attack the one that wounded you. (6 vs 5. Damage 1) You hardly get your claws into him. But he does fall off the rock.

[Snatcher4 Bruised leg, chest, scratched throat Bleeding 1/10]

Number5 a bit slow due to it's wounds is still game and scrambles up the rock with astonishing speed. You clash and stumble a bit leaving you open. (Attack 4-1 vs 2+1. Null. Luck 5. Charlie loses initiative next turn)

The rock is getting crowded so the Boss tries to climb partway up and grab one of Charlie's legs to pull him down. (Cunning 4+1 vs 5+1) But he can't get a grip.

At a Glance:

Charlie is on top of the rock with a wounded Snatcher. There is a Snatcher Boss hanging on the side of the rock. There are 2 slightly wounded Snatchers at the base of the rock.

Charlie is seriously wounded and near literal exhaustion.

Name: Charlie
Sex: Male

Defense -1
Cunning +1
Stealth +1

10/90 Health
51/100 Food
18/100 Stamina
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:23:31 am by Joben »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2012, 08:07:42 am »

"Thank you."

Ironhide will organize an expedition to search for a new nest, bringing Highleap and Rainstriker unless some PC speaks up and wants to come. We'll head north, as suggested.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »

I don't mind who we bring.
Join Ironhide's expedition.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »

(Well, I'm taking Rainstriker since Krakjaw is coming with you. :3)

Hooktoe leaves with Moonfang, Rainstriker, and Ripmaw to search to the south west north by northwest east.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:27:44 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2012, 02:38:14 pm »

Ripmaw goes with Hooktoe.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »

((Diurnal fun! Go, go, behavioral patterns!

Also, Sharpfeet isn't a juvenile? Woah O_o))

Tiruin votes for Rainstriker, nevermind that she chats with Hooktoe a lot anyway :D

Woah there youngling, isn't the desert a bad place to go to? The opposite direction has a lot of food and warmth, and it seems the elders know the land there...I'm not sure if we've ever headed towards a desert before and the others might complain.

Fear of unknown and all that.
Moonfang chirped in a curious, interested tone upon seeing the direction Hooktoe was oriented.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 05, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

Hooktoe nodded and decided to head west instead. "Do you want to come with us too, Moonfang?" he asked.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 05, 2012, 05:12:11 pm »

That's west! she whistled, a bit astounded at the choice of direction. Err, Deathbringers territory? Strider says north, a bit over to your right~ there. But I'm coming with you anyway.

Follow ye Hooktoe!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 05, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »

"Well... I was wanting to explore a slightly different direction than Ironhide..." Hooktoe sighed and turned slightly north.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36