Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68387 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 24: Expeditions
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2012, 09:26:29 pm »

Ripmaw dipped his head eagerly at Hooktoe's pronouncement, and said, "I agree. If nothing else, maybe we can rule out this direction for a new nesthome and find some meat."

Ripmaw begins sniffing around, trying to catch Charlie's trail.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:01 am »

((rp, please do not die yet))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 11, 2012, 07:11:10 am »

(Hooktoe Party)

[Yep, following Skyrunner's suggestion on teams. :P]

Moonfang continues on the lookout for other beings of her kind as the group moves onwards on Charlie's trail!

Hey Highleap, funny thing. You've hatched earlier than Hooktoe and Ripmaw, so you're older than them. Any ideas?

Spoiler: Eastern Hunters (click to show/hide)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17:12 pm »

((Since I do not know how to mark things I like or favorite them, I am just leaving a post here so its easier to come back to when people post more))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #439 on: December 11, 2012, 11:55:50 pm »

I'm gonna try to get turns out a LITTLE more often than I did for the last couple. We're at two days now. So I'll try for one tommorow. Everyone's in right? ...oh except NRDL. I may have to auto Charlies final moments, otherwise awkwardness ensues since you guys are like 5 hours ahead of him. o_O

((I kinda wish I could be a dilophosaur instead of a raptor-velociraptor.They are kind-of the same thing expect the dilophosaur can spit some stunning
goo and are somewhat weaker and less intelligent..It's not possible to get a dilophosaur or some other small dinosaurs that aren't carnivores/raptors?))

((PC as non-deinonychus creatures is not beyond the realm of possibility. I'm slightly resistant to it for reasons I'm not sure I could explain, but still if we can make it make sense I'll roll with it. If you want to be on the wait list I'll add you, and when it's your turn we can try to work out someting plausible based one whatevers going on in the story at that time.

Real dilophosaurus was actually bigger than shown in JP, something like 20 feet and 500 pounds. Also no arheological evidence of frills or poison. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. ;) ))

((Since I do not know how to mark things I like or favorite them, I am just leaving a post here so its easier to come back to when people post more))

Up near the top of the thread there are various controls. "reply" "print" stuf like that. One of them is "notify" click that. You'll get an email when someone posts in the thread.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:08:21 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 13, 2012, 06:44:13 am »

((I see what you are talking about.I can see what would be the problem with a 20 tall dino.But yeah.I'm sure we can work some terms out.Obviously don't know 100% TRUE archeology.Should of searched before speaking of that..Ooops!))

EDIT:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilophosaurus

Dilophosaurus appears in the novel Carnosaur, in which a member of the genus kills a member of Parliament.

Dilophosaurus is prominently featured in both Michael Crichton's 1990 novel Jurassic Park and its 1993 movie adaptation. It is depicted spitting blinding poison, aiming for the eyes to blind and paralyze its prey (much like a spitting cobra); in the film, it also has a retractable neck frill around its neck (much like a frill-necked lizard). There is no evidence to support either the frill or the venom spitting,[17] which was acknowledged by Crichton as creative license.[18] In the film, Steven Spielberg also reduced the size of Dilophosaurus to 3 feet (0.91 m) tall and 5 feet (1.5 m) long in order to avoid confusion with the Velociraptors.[19] Jurassic Park merchandise, including toys and video games (such as Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game and the arcade games The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III), often include Dilophosaurus.

Despite its inaccuracies, the Jurassic Park depiction of Dilophosaurus has been taken up by others. Several other video games, such as ParaWorld, Jurassic: The Hunted, Nanosaur and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, feature Dilophosaurus modeled after the representations in Jurassic Park, and The Whitest Kids U'Know sketch "Dinosaur Rap" (a music video for Trevor Moore's "Gettin' High With Dinosaurs") features a Dilophosaurus, complete with a short frill. A more accurately restored Dilophosaurus was featured in the documentary When Dinosaurs Roamed America, killing an Anchisaurus and scaring off a pack of Syntarsus (now known as Megapnosaurus). Dilophosaurus wetherilli also made an appearance in the 2008 video game Turok.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:53:15 am by TheZoomZoll »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #441 on: December 13, 2012, 12:26:28 pm »

((Oops didn't notice no actions posted for Ironhide and Krakjaw, they discussed but didn't decide what to do next.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 13, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »

Ah, screw it.
Sneak up behind one of the ((Tails)) big ones, weather Ironhide agrees or not.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »

"You moron, you'll...oh, never mind..."

Follow, trying to locate a young or sickly one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 25: Leviathans
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

Quote from: Charlie
Fight
((NRDL hasn't been on in a while to post an action. But it occurred to me it's probably a moot point because he has 10 HP left and got stumbled last round so his action goes last. If anyone hits he's probably done so i started running his turn.))

Spoiler: Starting Condition (click to show/hide)

Snatcher5 kicks Charlie center of mass as hard as it can in the limited space on top of the rock. (Attack 6-1 vs 4-1. Damage 6 x3=18) The blows strike hard, ripping into Charlie's chest before sending him tumbling off the rock to strike the ground 10 feet below. The Snatcher pack quickly surrounds his unconscious form and puts a definite end to him.

[Charlie has been killed]

((Thanks for playing NRDL. I hope you had fun. If you're still going to be around and want it I can put you on the wait list.))
---------------------------

Hooktoe sniffed around. "Come on, let's follow Charlie's trail. We might luck out and find him... maybe even some prey on the way," he said, flexing his claws as he did so - an action he usually performed when he had reached a decision.

(Sense 5) You manage to pick up Charlies trail and start off in a generally eastward direction. The others come with you.

Ripmaw dipped his head eagerly at Hooktoe's pronouncement, and said, "I agree. If nothing else, maybe we can rule out this direction for a new nesthome and find some meat."

Ripmaw begins sniffing around, trying to catch Charlie's trail.

(Sense 2-1) You try to pick up the trail but have trouble and stray off it. Fortunately Hooktoe has more luck and the four of you start off.

(Hooktoe Party)

[Yep, following Skyrunner's suggestion on teams. :P]

Moonfang continues on the lookout for other beings of her kind as the group moves onwards on Charlie's trail!

Hey Highleap, funny thing. You've hatched earlier than Hooktoe and Ripmaw, so you're older than them. Any ideas?

Spoiler: Eastern Hunters (click to show/hide)

Highleap says, "Well I don't think we should let Ripmaw do the tracking. He's good at kicking things, not finding them." ((Rules reminder, only two characters can Track at a time.))

Hooktoe manages to find and start following Charlie's trail though and you all start moving off toward the East. You don't see any creatures anything like yourself on the way.

Quote from: Highleap
Follow, find snack on way if possible

(Cunning 6) True to your name you catch a large dragonfly getting yourself a tasty high protein morsel.

All Eastward Hunters:

You go on for a bit following the trail. It's getting old, but it's fairly clear to start with. Besides Charlie's scent and tracks theres also those of a Snatcher he was following, and a blood trail from it.  Your path takes you along close to the summit of one of the tallest hills in the vicinity. You pause stand briefly on it's bald top and look around before the shadows lengthen too much to make out distant objects. [You are at  45°30'15.95"N 113°11'13.82"W on the hilltop If you want to look at this location in Google Earth]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

To the East where the trail seems to take you there is a wide valley, rising to another large hill beyond which you cannot see, except for the peaks of small mountains poking up in the distance.

To the South the land seems to continue as forested hills, little is easily visible even from your height.

(Sense: 2,2,6,6-1) To the North some motion catches your eyes. The ground slopes down to a long and rather wide treeless valley that runs NE/SW. There you spot the largest creatures any of you have ever seen or heard of, plainly visible even at about a mile distant. They must be almost unimaginably large and heavy. They have giant bodies with long thin necks and long thin tails.  There are at least a dozen of them moving very slowly in the SW direction eating vegitation all the while.

[Eastern Party has spotted a herd of Alamosaurus, a ~100 ton, 120 foot long sauropod]

---------------------------------------

Ah, screw it.
Sneak up behind one of the ((Tails)) big ones, weather Ironhide agrees or not.

((lol not even after a small or sickly one ehh just going for Gold?))

You slink off out of the woods into the clearing, walking slowly and trying to keep out of sight as best you can. (Stealth 1+1+1 vs 2.5) Despite unfavorable conditions you get to rather to within about 50 yards without the herd noticing. There are 3 others nearby. (Stealth 4+1+1 vs 2,1,1,3) Amazingly despite basically just walking up to them in the open you have made it within striking distance of an adult hadrosaur. It munches away blissfully.

[You can ambush-attack this creature next turn. See section addressed to you all though.]

"You moron, you'll...oh, never mind..."

Follow, trying to locate a young or sickly one.
(Sense 4) (Stealth 4+1 vs 2.5) You move forward, distancing yourself a bit from the idiot ahead of you, who seems to be angling for the largest one he can find. Instead you circle a bit looking for a vulnerable target. Successfully spotting one of the smaller members of the herd a bit removed from the others you approach closer trying to get close enough for a strike. (Stealth 4+1 vs 5,1,3,1) Neither it nor the 3 other ones nearby have noticed you.

[You can ambush-attack this creature next turn. See section addressed to you all though.]

Quote from: Rainstriker and Songcall
Move in, but don't push our luck.

(Stealth 2+1+1, 4+1+1) You remain easily out of sight of the herds but approach close enough to dash to the aid of either Ironhide or Krakjaw.

All Northward Hunters:

All this sneaking around is interupted by what can almost be described as an explosion from the shallows of the lake. A huge set of jaws burst from the water. Grasping a Tenontosaurus they and start dragging it bodily into deeper water. They must not have known about the local Longmaw or they would not have gone wading. There is general consternation among the assembled herbivores. The hadrosaurs start making a loud low trumpeting noise which is rather too late to warn anyone.

At A Glance:

Charlie went down fighting.

Eastern Hunters are following Charlie's trail and got a nice view from a hilltop.
They saw some really big long-necks.

Northern Hunters are, against Ironhide's better judgement hunting hadrosaur.
A crocodile just grabbed something and all the herbivores nearby are freaking out.

It's about 15:00 in the evening.
The wind is blowing from the NE and it's cloudy.

Everyone is well fed and rested. No one is injured significantly.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

Get the others' attention, then attack the smaller one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 25: Leviathans
« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

Ripmaw stifled a growl at Highleap's comment, his poor senses being quite a sore subject, and instead focused on watching his surroundings for hidden creatures and possible amushers as he followed Hooktoe.

Ripmaw is being vigilant. Or at least as vigilant as he can be.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2012, 08:17:36 am »

Hrrmm...Greater Ones than the Great One? Those things are...big. Hooktoe, your call. Shall we return? I can't smell Charlie that much...it doesn't look like he went here.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:30 am »

((I meant one of the big creatures, not the biggest one I could see.
Ah, well.))
Acknowledge Ironhide's request, but stay hidden, and attack anything that moves to interfere with his attack
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 14, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »

"Wow... imagine if we took one of those guys down! We could feed a clan that's, um... a lot bigger than ours for a long time!" Hooktoe said, watching the large creatures for a moment. The reality was that they couldn't, but that still didn't stop a little wishful thinking. "Sure would be nice. I bet Dad would be impressed." He sighed wistfully. "I hear ya, Moonfang. Let's keep heading east." Hooktoe whistled to get Highleap's attention and started walking again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36