Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68399 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 23: Branching Paths
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »

Ripmaw huffed amusedly, and said, "What about east? Maybe we could look for Charlie while we're out."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

"Stop confusing me," Hooktoe said, wandering off... somewhere.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:49 pm »

Ripmaw bumped Hooktoe with his flank, and clicked his tongue in amusement, "I'm confused all the time, why should I be the only one?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 05, 2012, 05:38:17 pm »

"...I suppose that makes sense. Well, maybe we can figure out what's going on together." Hooktoe nodded and headed east.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 05, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »

Ripmaw fell into step besided Hooktoe, quite pleased with this. Despite Strider's assertation that the pack Lived Together, Died Alone, Ripmaw distinctly despised leaving others to fend for themselves. His parents had died hunting together, without the rest of the pack, and no one had been willing to go help look for them when they turned up missing.

((So despite being a jerkass and a bully, Ripmaw can be counted on to not leave a packmate to danger, regardless of his general cowardice otherwise.))
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2012, 12:37:18 am »

"Eep. We're heading Eas-...hmm, on second thought, this seems like a good idea. Ironhide, we're heading to the right of your direction, take care - we'll meet and know each others location by scent or specific calls, OK?" Moonfang chirped as she fell in line with the young ones, intrigued by what they were thinking. |You're really thinking about this, aren't you Hooktoe?"

To the East!

They're only rumors...anyway.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #426 on: December 08, 2012, 01:26:44 am »

((Diurnal fun! Go, go, behavioral patterns!

Also, Sharpfeet isn't a juvenile? Woah O_o))

Oh she's supposed to be. These posts had almost no proofreading. And i made her up at the last minute when I decided i needed 4 juvies.

-----

Turn Tommorow.

Just so i don't mess it up we're looking at Ironhide and Krakjaw in one party going North.

Hooktoe, Moonfang and Ripmaw in another party going East(?)

Prefered NPC's by everyone are HIghleap and Rainstriker which we'll aportiona somehow.

If tha'ts about right I'll roll ahead and write the turn.

...Strider might relent and let one group take a youngester or two since you're splitting up. He doesn't like week patrols. We'll see how "he" feels about it in the morning. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:42:45 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 08, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

((I'd almost prefer Highleap in our group, just for the RP fun of having a directly antagonistic NPC around to torment Ripmaw, but either way it works out.))
He's fucking with us.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2012, 06:15:33 am »

((I kinda wish I could be a dilophosaur instead of a raptor-velociraptor.They are kind-of the same thing expect the dilophosaur can spit some stunning
goo and are somewhat weaker and less intelligent..It's not possible to get a dilophosaur or some other small dinosaurs that aren't carnivores/raptors?))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 24: Expeditions
« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »

Strider nods at your decisions and thinks for a minute, then he whistles to a few Hunters that have been hanging around. Addressing them he says "This evening my son and others go East, Highleap please go with them. Ironhide and Krakjaw are going North, Rainstriker and Songcall, you two go with them please."

Highleap glares at Ripmaw and Rainstriker darts her eyes between Moonfang and Hooktoe but they don't protest. Songcall looks happy.

To all of you he says, "If you wish to explore and perhaps find a new home that is fine. But I hope if you have the opportunity you will get us some meat." He makes a clicking noise equivalent to a laugh, "Perhaps if you bring some home we should leave it outside the nest this time. If there is too much to carry you can always send a runner to call the pack to feed."

[Party Splits, NPC characters join parties]
[Ironhide, Krackjaw,  Rainstriker, Songcall]
[Hooktoe, Moonfang, Ripmaw, Highleap]

"Thank you."

Ironhide will organize an expedition to search for a new nest, bringing Highleap and Rainstriker unless some PC speaks up and wants to come. We'll head north, as suggested.

Strider says to you, "This one in young but learning quickly. She lost her parents last year. Please take her with you, an extra pair of eyes is valuable on a journey." He turns to Songcall and says "Listen to your elders, particularly Ironhide." Songcall dips her head and goes and stands at your side. She's about 3 years old and about 3/4 adult size. She looks at you respectfully.

(See Tophat's turn so i don't have to copy/paste stuff)

I don't mind who we bring.
Join Ironhide's expedition.

You, Ironhide, Songcall and Rainstriker set off. About half a mile North of Nesthome you pass the slight valley that runs SW/NE that some of the large creatures of the world seem to favor as a path on their yearly travels. About another mile through the woods, still in familiar territory, you come to the clearing with the lake, the largest one nearby.

You are currently near the tree line looking out into the grassy area near the lake. You can see a number of herbivores nearby in the grass or wading in the water. There appear to be some Tenontosaurus and a couple varieties of Hadrosauridae. Tall grass and shifting herds make it hard to get a count. ((Low Sense rolls))

---------------------------------------------------

(Well, I'm taking Rainstriker since Krakjaw is coming with you. :3)

Hooktoe leaves with Moonfang, Rainstriker, and Ripmaw to search to the south west north by northwest east.

You all head Eastward. Since you're hoping you might find Charlie on the way you head back toward the place you had the fight with the Snatchers this morning. Along the way you see nothing noteworthy. The only scent trails are the expected ones ones left by yourselves dragging the meat, and lingering scents of The Great One, and the herbivores you passed by on the way to the fight.

After about 15 minutes you arrive back at the battleground. Any meat you left is gone, with only the scent of blood and a few scraps of hide providing evidence it was ever there. The area reeks of Great One.

Charlie is absent. Though his scent lingers and you might be able to follow his trail. There are some other interesting scents from the North-East on the wind but they are not distinct.

If you wish to spy out the land there isn't much to see from here in the woods. There appears to be a rather large hill about a mile further to the East, you might be able to see the surrounding area before sundown.

At A Glance:

Ironhide's Party has gone North and arrive at a lake.
Hooktoe's Party has gone East and is back at the scene of the fight with the Snatchers.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

It's about 15:15.
It's getting less sunny, some clouds are coming in.
The wind continues from the NE.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:09:05 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2012, 04:14:37 pm »

Can I have some descriptions of the Tanontosaurs and Hadrosaurs, please. Basically are the herbivore/carnivores, how comparatively big are they to us.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2012, 04:47:03 pm »

Tenontosaurus - Common Herbivore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenontosaurus
This is one of the most common creatures in your world and a traditional prey for your kind. They lack dedicated weapons or armor, but adults weight about 1.5 tons and are not to be underestimated. (Wolf vs Moose is an equivalent match) You're better off trying to separate a youngster from it's parents if you're hungry.

-1 Defense Rolls

Consider attacks it makes to generally be blunt. No massive claws or teeth. Would rather avoid combat unless in defense of close kin. Quadrupedal, hard to knock prone.

----------------------------

The Hadrosaurs are these guys, a species of the type commonly known as  duck-billed dinosaurs. They quadrupedal/bipedal at their preference, herbivorous. They max out at about 4 tons, with of course young being much smaller. As a reminder you guys weigh about 160 pounds. Killing an adult would be an acomplishment, you can't disable one with a pounce, you'd have to wear it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corythosaurus
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:56:22 pm by Joben »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »

Hooktoe sniffed around. "Come on, let's follow Charlie's trail. We might luck out and find him... maybe even some prey on the way," he said, flexing his claws as he did so - an action he usually performed when he had reached a decision.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2012, 05:34:58 pm »

Krakjaw turned to his companion.
"Well, I'm tempted to go for a Duck-Bill if we think we can manage it...
So, Ironhide, what do you think? Is it worth it? There are four of us"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »

"It takes most of a pack, unless we can find a young one. They're too numerous to try that with four of us. If you're hungry or want to hunt, go for the (insert IC name of Tenatosaurs here). We'll try separating one--ideally sickly or young--from the herd if you want to go that route."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36