Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47749 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Minimaps are different.  Most mods alter blocks or scripts or something.  The minimap just looks at info and puts it up.  Any mod that deals with blocks or terrain probably won't work, but NEI, minimaps, and smart move will be fine.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Many UI mods work fine (I'm running Inventory Tweaks, Not Enough Items, and Rei's minimap for example), but I don't recommend trying to use mods that add ores or explicitly use vanilla wood/stone blocks.

EDIT: Another common one is Smart Moving for the ability to climb stuff since you can't just pillar with dirt or cobble.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:26:03 pm by Peewee »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile

Or I could just go for the multiplayer. I'm sure that one extra migrant won't go terribly.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

For those who can't open the map file from earlier, I managed to resize it in Win Photo Gallery without having to open it. It forced me to change the filetype to jpeg. It's now about one-quarter pixel size (half height and half width) and it works for me in a bunch of different image readers so maybe it'll work for you.

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odd to see as much construction as has been done, rendered into one little difficult-to-find point...

Also my Dwarf Tower didn't get rendered D:

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Based on the size of the trees, I suspect each block was originally displayed as a pixel. Not sure. Try zooming in if you just clicked the link, because in IE it might zoom out to fit to screen. I see a part where there is what looks like a little village.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I zoomed.  It's still tough to spot.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I zoomed.  It's still tough to spot.
It's on the peninsula bit right?
With the grove of trees and couple of wood buildings.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Down?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

wait, have you guys got a map?

I think it's Rei's Minimap mod?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zombi's server is down I think. The griefing on there got pretty bad, so most of us from B12 have migrated over to my white listed server. If you want to be whitelisted PM me your minecraft username and I'll add you and send you the IP address.

I've rendered the map again so we can compare the old one (Oct 18) to the new one(Oct 23.) I put it through the zoomable mcmap and found a free website host and I put it up.

Old: http://1d30.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/midgard-oct-18-render-10000x8746.jpg (Thanks Leo)
New: http://midgard.clanteam.com/

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been debating a megastructure.  Something that you can definitely see from the map.  The only, small issue is that TFC bricks seem to be invisible on the map, so it will probably be a stone structure with wood underneath, with the stone visible from the game and the wood there to make it show up on the map.  It will be an enormous Ziggurat with the express purpose of putting a furnace, bloomery, and anvil as high as possible - higher altitude fires burn hotter, and use less fuel to run faster, especially with bellows.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

@GIH: I am pretty sure the altitude system was removed some patches ago, since it was confusing the hell out of people. That was back in B26, IIRC, but then again, it may have been reimplemented without me noticing it. It would suck if it turned out just as efficent to put it on the ground level after building a marvel of Dwarven Engineering, wouldn't it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was browsing the code of the last version and it appears that only penalty for Y<128 survived for bloomery and no effect on forge and firepit. There are also no bonuses for having more coal than ore, only penalty in the opposite case.
Spoiler: bellows effect (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still want a skyforge...

Also, I find it helps a LOT if you throw in 1 charcoal, let the bloomery warm up, then add the ore and coal.  I generally do 10 charcoal per 8 ore, and that usually gets too much coal but trees are renewable.

EDIT: I'm also on right now, and no one else is on.  Anyone up for some rampant building?  Let's build something big and useless!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:57:09 pm by Girlinhat »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17