Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47744 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Stuck on "done loading". Can't play.

I deleted my .jar and redl to make sure it's clean. No mods installed.

I extracted Forge files into one folder, and playerapi into another.

I open .jar with winrar and delete meta-inf folder.

I drag all the files from the forge folder into the main .jar folder.

I drag the files from playerapi into main .jar folder.

(In all cases doing Replace if existing already)

Place the zipped TFC mod file into mod folder.

Run Minecraft. Stuck on Done Loading screen.

---

Some things I've tried:

Launch MC after Forge files but before playerapi. Get black screen instead of Done Loading. After installing playerapi files and launching MC again same thing. But when I uninstall and reinstall as above I get Done Loading.

---

Win7, sufficient system resources, current java, current MC, current Forge / PlayerApi / TFC.

Vanilla MC works perfectly.

I have been able to play with Thaumcraft before, but this was back when you needed Modloader.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry girl, no one was on when I checked and I ended up playing a 7 hour session of XCOM on impossible. Maybe tomorrow?

Leo, not sure what your problem is. Only thing I do different is instead of extracting, I just drag the files from inside winrar(open forge winrar, drag select everything) to the inside of the .jar winrar. Don't think that makes a difference though. Take care not to put the files into one of the folders inside the .jar as well. Other than that, maybe you downloaded the wrong forge?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nate. I said it before and I will say it again. You need to make a new fourm for your server. Peope are thinking we are on Zombi's and dont know that they need to contact you to get whitelisted...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

A new thread, rather.  B12 forums are fine :P

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

OK I started with an entirely clean MC install instead of just deleting and re-dling .jar. Now I get an FML message saying it's setting things up, I get Mojang screen, and then black window. This may be because they just updated MC and the mods aren't updated yet.

:/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New updates are never good with old mods.  1.3.2 is the server.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should a way to downgrade to 1.3.2 from the new update, just google it.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Got the downgrader program.

Fresh install of MC, downgrade to 1.3.2, Forge 6.0.1.337, PlayerAPI 1.7 client, TFC Beta 2 52e

Still stuck on Done Loading.

---

I have searched pretty hard and found a few things:

1: A LOT of people have this problem
2: It happens after you install Forge, NOT modloader, NOT individual mods
3: It happens to people on Windows, Mac, Ubuntu ... MC demo, fullversion, other ... winrar, 7zip, winzip, other
4: This has nothing to do with SSP/SMP because I don't even get to that point in the .exe

5: There is a solution out there: start MC, when it gets stuck on Done Loading delete your .minecraft folder, let it finish (of course this means you're using vanilla 1.4.2 which OF COURSE works for me anyway!)
6: Mod forum admins are getting pissed at users because the mod admins can't fix the problem, locking and banning people who pile on with "I'm also having this problem!", denying that everyone could possibly be having the same error.
7: Forge refuses to admit there's a problem on their end
8: There's a lot of superstitious nonsense out there (update your vid card drivers, reinstall OS, piss on a turtle and dance widdershins)

---

Can someone please tell me which build of Forge, PlayerAPI, and TFC you're using so I can try with that exact combo? Or if your install process is different from what TFC says you should do?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

I ended up getting it to work by the way, by using an old version of Forge: 4.1.2.269. This just reinforces what I thought: Forge screwed something up with their latest set of updates.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new official topic for TerraFirmaCraft is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118193.0

Unless Zombi's server reanimates or anyone else decides to fragment not that large TFC player base this thread is as good as locked.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]