Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47746 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Use a hoe - grass will be tilled, clay will not.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

On my first TFC world ever, I found that the hill I'd dug into was actually almost entirely clay. That was a pleasant surprise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey folks of the Mountain Home. Today I Nanoth will be rebuilding the Spawnvillage into something grand. If you have built a house or such on the Spawn Isle can I please request you pull it down if its in the main area as this is going to be in the way of some important buildings for future features... Looking mainly at Johbson's log hut...

On the subject of log houses. Stop building with logs like that. The logs take forever to remove and you can get two wooden blocks out of one log with a saw. Also for crying out loud stop cutting down the trees that dont regrow such as the Sequoia across the river. It takes only a few minutes more to cut down three more trees to get the same amout of wood that is endless with sapling gathering included. Sequioas do not drop saplings and are a kick ass sight to see in the distance. Spawn at the start of the server looke epic... Now blank... n.n

Anyway moving on...

For the MH the next couple of major projects are to build an extensive farm/pasture area across the river and this will be the place to build your homes as there is plenty of space. Nate and I have started to fully think about a Trading system using Gems its patchy atm but right now I know that it will only happen once each in game season for only a couple of days. You miss it. You miss it...

So start stockpiling those gems folks...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've established something of a tree farm now.  I've also been told it's called an orchard?  Either way, I'm producing sycamore, chestnut, pine, and willow now.  I'd also like to stockpile what sequoia we have here, if possible.  It's a lovely pink color when cut.  If you want to see what color planks you get from wood, I have a small display in my shop.

Anyway, if you want to build something major out of wood, let me know, and I can stockpile it for you and help with construction.  I've got some pretty big stockpiles right now, though I'm hoping to expand.  I need somebody with mining/masonry skills who would be willing to dig out a basement complex for me because I'd like to use some fairly large(5x5x3 or so?) rooms as underground stockpiles.  In other areas related to extra construction, I need glass for windows, extra saplings(surely somebody has birch and hickory), and possibly a personal charcoal pit so that I don't have to haul wood over to the 4 kilns by the public smithy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An arboretum is a grove of trees.
An orchard is a grove of fruit-bearing trees.

Use extra wood to make charcoal - willow is ideal due to its massive quantities and how poor it looks in construction.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile

It's igneous stone that one might use for an anvil, right? What biome does that form in? It's highly likely that I'm going to have to take a road trip.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking about donating anvils.  We have so much zinc and bismuth ore that we can't use, and the first anvil is really the only thing that's extremely location-specific.  Everything else can be anywhere.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm working on singleplayer right now. Thought I might join a server once I got a bit down.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh.  Well yeah, wiki has all the info and you're the only one who knows your map.  Really more fun in multiplayer though.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been on the wiki and it's not telling me where to find it.  I can only assume that it's biome specific and not a random thing.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

It's not biome specific, it's rock-layer specific. You have to look for igneous rock, possibly only igneous extrusive, but it is pretty much random. I found my first igneous layer by wandering around a nearby ocean and running into a very dark sandbar, which covered a layer of basalt.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why shouldn't it be random?  Geology really doesn't care about ecology.  The plates will move as they damn well please and the trees will deal with it.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great. So... I can't find my house or my ohter charcoal pit and I'm going on a road trip.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:08:49 pm by Lukewarm »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

And this is why use Rei's minimap :P

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also thought that most mods did not work with this.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17