Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28839 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 7, Floor 1: Head Goes Where?]
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

((Wait. There is nobody on the waitlist yet...does that mean I'm back in?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 7, Floor 1: Head Goes Where?]
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 12:36:17 am »

Turn 8, Floor 1: Left or Right?

Continue along the right-hand passageway.
You continue along the right passage, soon coming to another intersection. Straight ahead terminates into a wall, while the path goes left and right.

Go on ahead.
You stare in confusion at the walls of the small room you're in, wondering where "on ahead" would be.

"God damn it, they got one of us!"

Get away from the snail and towards the right pathway. Drag Garret's corpse and use it as a shield while retreating away from the snail.
You drag Garret's corpse away from the advancing snail, making it back to the intersection with the snail hot on your heels. Alright, it's a bit slow, but so are you dragging this carcass.

HIDE. HOPE SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO KILL ME FINDS ME.
[4] You hide as best you can in a corner. Maybe they'll mistake you for a rock?

"Well.  I guess there's... no way out through here, then?"  Morry smiles weakly, not entirely sure why one guy has his head in the cauldron.  At least that means it's presumably empty of anything particularly interesting.  But since this room seems like a dead-end,

Morry heads back out into the hall, and pokes Kiaphus in the shoulder.
You head back out into the hall, but don't see Kiaphus anywhere. Now where could he have gone to...?

((It's obvious he was making a joke.  :())

"What was that I heard?"

Aira looked back to the doorway to remember that the others were still there, near whatever was making the noises.

"Everyone! To us!"

Erm, try to stabilize the cauldron again? Then get it's leg.
[1-1] You lose your grip on the cauldron, flying back and hitting your head against the far wall.

Ow. Owowowowowow.

"I don't like the sound of that! Let's get out of here!"

Head out and take the right passage.
You head down the right passage, catching up with the nicely dressed and blue-haired guys pondering a T-intersection. Left or right?

((Wait. There is nobody on the waitlist yet...does that mean I'm back in?))
((That'll depend on how I feel about the current roster size once we get to a fresh meat entry point. That may take a while, incidentally, so I wouldn't hold your breath even if you are in the queue.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 8, Floor 1: Left or Right?]
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 12:43:46 am »

"I may need a little of help here with this snail over here!" Matthew did not want to leave the corpse of the man behind, but dragging it was slow and the snail was able to follow him leisurely. If everyone attacked the snail, they could have a shot at killing it before it could counter any of them, or at least he thought, but none of his companions seemed interested in helping. At all.

"GOD DAMN IT!"
Hit snail with corpse, use the corpse as a shield afterwards when it tries to attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 12:54:08 am »

Abby turned back to hear the swearing.

"Forget about the snail and just run for it! We can come back after we have weapons or something!"

Looking at the intersection again she scratched te back of her head thoughtfully.

"Split up or stick together?"

Search the intersection for signs or directions. If I can't find anything, cautiously head right.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:24 am »

Continue hiding until someone finds me.
If they're friendly, follow them.
If they aren't, RUN.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:10 am »

Continue following the wealthy looking man. Beat down anything that stands between me and money... ehm... man with money... I mean...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 06:48:03 am »

((How'd I get a minus one?

How'd I...fly into a wall? D:

Also, GreatWyrmGold: Can you please bold your actions?))

Regain composure, massage wound to alleviate pain.

Aira moaned in pain, hoping to return to the others when this ordeal was over.

She wouldn't die here, no. Not here in this cesspool of rock and nebulous death. Not to a voice which taunted them like a puppeteer.

No.

Then attempt to return and join the rest of the party, weary of any attacks.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:00:14 pm by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:31 am »

Go right. Right has never steer me wrong.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 09:39:07 am »

Look for salt, then help Matthew.
"A snail? Can't be that scary."

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:04 am »

Since Morry doesn't see anything in the main room, and everyone else is going right... well, safety in numbers, at least.

"Snails?  Uh.  I think the best thing to do about a snail is leave, I mean... they're not that fast," he mutters mostly to himself, not expecting anyone to heed his advice anyway.

Head down the right path after the others.

In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2012, 02:09:28 am »

Turn 9: Clusters

"I may need a little of help here with this snail over here!" Matthew did not want to leave the corpse of the man behind, but dragging it was slow and the snail was able to follow him leisurely. If everyone attacked the snail, they could have a shot at killing it before it could counter any of them, or at least he thought, but none of his companions seemed interested in helping. At all.

"GOD DAMN IT!"
Hit snail with corpse, use the corpse as a shield afterwards when it tries to attack.
[5-1] vs [4] You flail the corpse at the snail. It's not very effective.

[3+1] vs [1] The snail rips into both you and your body shield.

-3 HP

Abby turned back to hear the swearing.

"Forget about the snail and just run for it! We can come back after we have weapons or something!"

Looking at the intersection again she scratched te back of her head thoughtfully.

"Split up or stick together?"

Search the intersection for signs or directions. If I can't find anything, cautiously head right.
[6] You notice that each direction has a door on the right if you're standing in the intersection proper. Fascinating!

You forget to act on this information.

Continue hiding until someone finds me.
If they're friendly, follow them.
If they aren't, RUN.
[6] You continue huddling in the corner, curled up into a ball so you're harder to see. Though that does mean you can't see anyone else either.

Continue following the wealthy looking man. Beat down anything that stands between me and money... ehm... man with money... I mean...
Go right. Right has never steer me wrong.
[4] You go right and end up at a corner turning right again. You also notice a large rock or something in the corner.

((How'd I get a minus one?

How'd I...fly into a wall? D:

Also, GreatWyrmGold: Can you please bold your actions?))

Regain composure, massage wound to alleviate pain.

Aira moaned in pain, hoping to return to the others when this ordeal was over.

She wouldn't die here, no. Not here in this cesspool of rock and nebulous death. Not to a voice which taunted them like a puppeteer.

No.

Then attempt to return and join the rest of the party, weary of any attacks.
((-1 was for the cauldron's strength. Flying into the wall was a result of getting a 0 trying to pry it off.))
[5] You catch a glimpse of people vanishing down the right path, but it seems like most of who you can see is near the middle intersection. There's a guy fighting a giant snail and some girl staring at something interesting down each path, for instance. You're not sure if the body the snailfighter is carrying counts as a party member, though.

Look for salt, then help Matthew.
"A snail? Can't be that scary."
[5] These halls have seemed pretty barren; you're pretty sure there wouldn't be something as valuable as salt just lying around. Unless it was an intentional part of the test, that was, but then you'd assume it'd be hidden or placed somewhere, not just lying out in the halls.

[1] vs [1] You slap the snail. It recoils.

Since Morry doesn't see anything in the main room, and everyone else is going right... well, safety in numbers, at least.

"Snails?  Uh.  I think the best thing to do about a snail is leave, I mean... they're not that fast," he mutters mostly to himself, not expecting anyone to heed his advice anyway.

Head down the right path after the others.
[5] You head down the right path, then turn right again following the other two. They stop at a corner that turns right again.

This delay brought to you by XCOM.

SKREEEEEEEEE!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 9: Clusters]
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:12 am »

Matt grimaced as the snail hit both him and his shield-corpse. The creature was most certainly powerful. At least it was slow, and he had someone to help with the dead man now.

"Help me carry this corpse away from the snail! The beast is slow, both of us dragging it off will probably be enough to get away from it. Let's go through the right path." Matthew said to Verock, pointing towards the body.

Escape through the right passage while dragging off the corpse with Verock's help.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:34 am »

Verrock gave a dashin, heroic smile at Matts plea for help.
"Of course! Even the lord of the seven dragons must know when to reatreat. Onwards!"
Help Matthew.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2012, 09:50:05 am »

Picking herself up, Aira ignored the cauldron for the moment - that naughty piece of metal wasn't worth her current attention.

What was worth it, however, was that man and that snail. If this would go right, she would be brewing something from that thing soon enough.

There was a cauldron anyway.

Regroup with that man and that other...man against the snail! Looks like Matt.

If possible, attack the snail while going with Matt.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2012, 12:44:18 am »

Turn 10: Never Leave A Man Behind

Matt grimaced as the snail hit both him and his shield-corpse. The creature was most certainly powerful. At least it was slow, and he had someone to help with the dead man now.

"Help me carry this corpse away from the snail! The beast is slow, both of us dragging it off will probably be enough to get away from it. Let's go through the right path." Matthew said to Verock, pointing towards the body.

Escape through the right passage while dragging off the corpse with Verock's help.
Verrock gave a dashin, heroic smile at Matts plea for help.
"Of course! Even the lord of the seven dragons must know when to reatreat. Onwards!"
Help Matthew.
Picking herself up, Aira ignored the cauldron for the moment - that naughty piece of metal wasn't worth her current attention.

What was worth it, however, was that man and that snail. If this would go right, she would be brewing something from that thing soon enough.

There was a cauldron anyway.

Regroup with that man and that other...man against the snail! Looks like Matt.

If possible, attack the snail while going with Matt.

The three of you dash down the right passage, Verock and Matthew hauling a corpse, Aira trying and failing to figure out how to punch a snail without getting punched right back.

You arrive at a T intersection, a stone wall dead ahead and more or less identical-looking passages to your right and left.

The snail begins advancing hungrily towards Abby, still standing in the intersection with a blank look on her face.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14