Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28757 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »

Sometimes, the greatest stories are those of heroes who suddenly find themselves in danger. Left with no way out- or refusing to take it- they rise to the challenge, defeat all comers, and walk out even stronger than before, true champions worthy of song and story.

Unfortunately, you're not a hero.

Maybe you wanted to be. Maybe you even intended to be! But when those things, cackling shadows with pointy claws and glowing orange eyes, dragged you off into the night, you apparently were not ready. You didn't rise to the challenge. In all likelihood, most of what you did was screaming.

But you're here now. It probably doesn't matter how ready you are, because you don't think you'll be getting out of here without a fight. Hopefully a rather meager, low-key fight, because you are not a monsterslaying hero of legend. You're a nobody hoping to not be a pile of bones.

Spoiler: Tower Structure (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat and Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Experience (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How To Join (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:49:36 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Accepting Victims]
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

Players
-Abel (DiezIrae) - Tall, blue-haired mercenary
-Aira Kellel (Tiruin) - Brown-haired brewer and tavern wench.
-Elizo von Heinz (Nirur) - Well-groomed, slightly fat tailor from a wealthy background.
-Morry (Wirevix) - A small, brown-haired young pickpocket.
-Matthew Sarthale (Caellath) - A brown-haired medic with an average build.
-Verock the Destroyer King (Spinal) - A short, thin and weak-looking, generally unimposing man with curly black hair, who also happens to be an unstoppable god of destruction. According to him, at least.
-Kiaphus (GreatWyrmGold) - A proud, strong, and skilled soldier. When you're looking right at him, at least.
-Abby Redwood (Zako) - A fit young blacksmith's apprentice with brown hair, lightly tanned skin, and dark green eyes.
-Garret McEarnest (greenstarfanatic) - Muscular, red-haired juggler with a thick beard.

Waitlist
-Empty!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:52:15 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

Well, that's seems interesting... reminds me of Tower of God with those Guardians...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But well, going to sleep now. 2:15 AM here.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:16:58 pm by DiezIrae »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

AN IRONI OWL RTD!

Spoiler: Done! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:46:51 pm by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:27 pm »

Name: Elizo von Heinz
Decription: Elizo is a well-groomed, slightly fat man. He wears fine silk clothes.
Profession: Tailor
Bio: Elizo is from a fairly affluent family. He made clothes for the upper class (and the occasional upper-middle class person). He cannot stand the unwashed masses, having been raised to consider himself the cultural elite. He likes spending money on the arts to prove himself well-cultured. He absolutely detests filth and grime.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

Oh boy I wanted to join an RTD and here is a fun one starting.

Name: Morry
Decription: A small young man with mouse-brown hair and gray eyes.
Profession: Pickpocket, panhandler, and other assorted tasks.  Not a very good pickpocket.
Bio: A street urchin who managed to get just past recognizably "urchin" status, Morry is used to being ignored and attempting to lift things.  Being caught a few times has left scars across the backs of his fingers.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »

Here. Sheet coming.

Name: Matthew Sarthale
Decription: Brown hair and light-colored eyes, average built overall, wearing well-maintained clothing of someone from the peasant class.
Profession: Novice Medic
Bio: Matt was a medic without much future in his homeland due to persecution coordinated by religious groups, who claimed only their gods could heal and save. After running away from his house, he decided to go after a place where his talents would be appreciated, and a tower where people are maimed left and right seemed proper.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:11:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »

Reserved, please.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:24:59 pm by Spinal_Taper »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »

Name: Kiaphus
Physical Description: Looks like a proud, strong, and skilled soldier.
Profession: Cowardly Soldier (grants bonuses to running away, acting like a soldier, faking bravery, etc)
Bio: Kiaphus was one of a group of miscreant soldiers sent to investigate the tower and save people. One bad night later, and Kiaphus has no idea where his fellow soldiers are, if they're alive, or what they are. He's glad he's alive and wants to keep it that way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:16 pm »

IF THERE'S STILL PEOPLE, I'LL RESERVE.

Ahem, If there are any places left, I shall reserve one of them.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:11 pm »

Alright, I'll join. I think that there's going to be a few early deaths...

Name: Abby Redwood
Decription: A young, fit looking woman with short cut brown hair tied back in a pony tail, lightly tanned skin and dark green eyes.
Profession: Blacksmith apprentice
Bio: Abby was raised by a poor family living on a farm. When she came to age, she was hired by a blacksmith to learn his trade, and was actually making progress until she was snatched away in her sleep.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »

Turn 1, Floor 0: The Short Version

You all wake up on a cold stone floor. It's completely dark, and the only sounds you can hear are things stirring beside you.

Before you can panic too much, however, a woman's melodious but not particularly friendly laughter echoes out from the distance. It sounds high up, perhaps on a balcony or staircase.

"Welcome!" she calls out, her voice sounding confident and smug, with an echoing quality. ""I hope you're all ready for what lies ahead. You see, you worthless maggots have been given the most wondrous of opportunities! Those of you who survive the challenges ahead get to live! Isn't that wonderful?"

More unpleasant but nice-sounding laughter echoes from the darkness.

"Now then, if there are no further questions, let us begin the first test, shall we?"

A soft glow begins to illuminate part of the room you're in, and a grinding noise not too far off resolves into a stone door opening upwards. Stairs lay beyond, a wide path of dim light connecting them to your location. You also notice that those noises beside you were just fellow people waking up just like you were.

((Sorry greenstar, but between starting the turn now and waiting an indeterminate amount of time for your character... well, here we are. :3))

((And greenstar's in anyway.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:51:17 pm by IronyOwl »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 1, Floor 0: The Short Version]
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

((S'okay, here.))

Spoiler: Garret McErnest (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »

((Well, at long as you're here I might as well throw you into the group. Not like it'll be 9 people for very long. :]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:27 am »

Aira was the first to act, regaining her composure after the recent...events and introducing herself to the rest.

"A motley group we have here, are you all up for working together? If so, I'll lead over there."

To yonder stairs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14