Once 4+ people have posted
- 3 (13.6%)
Once 2+ people have posted
- 1 (4.5%)
At least once a day; I don't care otherwise
- 9 (40.9%)
I HAVE NO STRONG OPINION ON THE MATTER
- 3 (13.6%)
I think it should work in a different way and will convey this in my next post.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Guardians of the Artifacts. The first adventurer appears.  (Read 26523 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. BUILDERS FOR EVERYONE!
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2012, 11:09:33 pm »

Fair enough.
Cut down another tree, See if odd metal pole is there too. Return felled tree to cave.
Then explore island.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2012, 12:01:37 am »

"Why are you attacking me?!"

Arrow once more! Then if attacked in melee, try to use an improvised blade to hit it! Like a rock! Or...my bow.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:27 am »

is walking lungfish anything like a real lungfish
Sneak attack walking lungfish aim for heart or brain
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

Burn the shit out of the aggressor, then steal all the shit.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2012, 10:09:49 pm »

Clearly the answer here is the ride the magic cow down.
Your magic cow has not arrived yet!

...Actually, it just got here. You request that it transport you to the bottom of the ravine, and it declines. When asked why the fuck not, it replies that going down would be significantly more difficult than going up without increased - likely lethal - bovine damage.

Fair enough.
Cut down another tree, See if odd metal pole is there too. Return felled tree to cave.
Then explore island.

You chop down another tree, and find a notable lack of metal pole. You return the felled tree and scraped-up bits of the pole tree to your cave, and set out a'splorin'.

You do not get very far before a very thick mist begins to obscure your vision. You hear a quiet voice calling your name from within the mist. What do you do?

"Why are you attacking me?!"

Arrow once more! Then if attacked in melee, try to use an improvised blade to hit it! Like a rock! Or...my bow.
You arrow the squirrel, then brace yourself for a melee fight. As the squirrel jumps at you, you feed it another arrow - as in you literally shove the arrow down its throat and out through its spine. You're pretty sure it's dead.

is walking lungfish anything like a real lungfish
Sneak attack walking lungfish aim for heart or brain
You SNEAK ATTACK the lungfish! It is eviscerated, and screams in horror as its blood pools around its dying form!

And yeah, it's similar to a real lungfish. There are a few minor differences, but for all intents and purposes...

Burn the shit out of the aggressor, then steal all the shit.
You cannot see the aggressor, as he appears to be very good at darting between shadows! Or he just vaporized or something. You torch the hell out of the tent anyways, and hear the occupant scream in terror. You see the apothecary run out of the tent whilst on fire. He is obviously making quite the racket, and the townspeople are starting to give you questioning glances. What do you do now?

Character Statuses:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noahtophatz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tomio175 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:41:14 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:21 pm »

wait no defending experience which means that that lungfish is a pilgrim here to revere the artifact dang
oh well
check corpse for loot unless its not dead if so then check if it can be saved and try to save and apologise saying the attack was a reflex then when the builders get back ask them for the price of a sign and a bell I don't want to kill any more
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2012, 12:06:15 am »

Alright. Go exploring then? Unless I am literally in a hole in the wall. In which case try to find out where/how the kobolds got here.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2012, 12:11:36 am »

Try to work my way back to the cave, through the fog.
Listen to voice, but say nothing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2012, 12:17:11 am »

Trace back the squirrel's path. I don't want an infestation of these critters affecting my diamond earrings!

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2012, 01:30:54 am »

Yell out that he aattacked me first. Get a small part of my robe as bandage for my bleeding ear.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2012, 09:07:20 pm »

wait no defending experience which means that that lungfish is a pilgrim here to revere the artifact dang
oh well
check corpse for loot unless its not dead if so then check if it can be saved and try to save and apologise saying the attack was a reflex then when the builders get back ask them for the price of a sign and a bell I don't want to kill any more
You attempt to loot the lungfish, and instead just make a huge mess. You retroactively gain 2 DEFENDING XP. You remind yourself to inquire about the prices of signs and bells when the builders get back.

Alright. Go exploring then? Unless I am literally in a hole in the wall. In which case try to find out where/how the kobolds got here.
You're in a cave on a ledge. The ledge seems to extend in a form of ramp up the ravine wall, but ends at your cave. You climb up the ramp to an incredible view of dusty, blowing sands. You see a few tents nearby, but then duck back into the ravine to keep sand from getting into your eyes.

Try to work my way back to the cave, through the fog.
Listen to voice, but say nothing.

You try to find your way back to your cave through the fog, but just get more lost. The voice begins saying other things in response to your silence, such as "Would you like to play a game?" and "Are you lost? Do you need help finding your way home?". You begin hearing smatterings of other words as well, but they seem to have little meaning or coherence.

Trace back the squirrel's path. I don't want an infestation of these critters affecting my diamond earrings!
You track the squirrels to a solitary patch of dirt. The plants here seem to have a redder hue, and there are many holes in the ground. Near one of them, you find what looks like a rusted-off handle of some sort.

Yell out that he aattacked me first. Get a small part of my robe as bandage for my bleeding ear.
You yell that he attacked you first, and most of the townspeople roll their eyes and move along, extinguishing the burning remains of the apothecary and his tent. You then rip off a piece of your robe and bandage your ear with it. You are no longer bleeding.

Character Statuses:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noahtophatz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tomio175 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »

replace the broken part of the ledge wall with the Lungfish body then sleep till the builders arrive or a random encounter

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2012, 11:58:05 pm »

Wait patiently until the fog disperses.
And since I know it never will. Request politely that the fog disperse, as I'm really not in the mood.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2012, 12:02:20 am »

Take whatever handle that is, examining the thing, before taking note of the places where the squirrels may be coming from.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2012, 01:17:07 am »

Chain the bat up in the center between my walls
Play with my Jackalope.
Take a nap.

Spoiler: Updated cave map (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12