Once 4+ people have posted
- 3 (13.6%)
Once 2+ people have posted
- 1 (4.5%)
At least once a day; I don't care otherwise
- 9 (40.9%)
I HAVE NO STRONG OPINION ON THE MATTER
- 3 (13.6%)
I think it should work in a different way and will convey this in my next post.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Guardians of the Artifacts. The first adventurer appears.  (Read 26498 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. BUILDERS FOR EVERYONE!
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

Woo, 97 XP to go.

Explore my cave.
Walk over to the village to sell the wolf, buy a bit of food that will last a while without spoiling then return to the cave.

((Yeah, we each have totally different caves, and thus are guarding different artifacts)).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »

((Yeah, we each have totally different caves, and thus are guarding different artifacts)).
((1 cave each?

FFFFFFFFF-))

Still do my same action. And bah.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2012, 02:02:06 pm »

Wake up from a deep sleep, and explore my cave. Buy some torches and put them in the corridor. None near the artifact.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:16 am »

Sorry about the lack of update yesterday; Skyrim and thermodynamics ate all my time.

Oh! Also, are my builders still around? I'd like to purchase some tools, so I can build my own things.

Then, I shall study my artifact (place a torch to either side of it)

Basic tools for just about anything are 10 gold apiece. What sort of tools were you looking for?

The artifact appears to be an amulet within an amulet. There is a fractal-looking layer between the two pieces of amulet. You suspect that touching this would result in disaster.

Begin testing for poisonous herbs, remember and try to mark which ones are for future note and which ones aren't. See if their extract can be smeared on weapons.
How do you intend to do this testing? By eating them, putting them on arrows then shooting squirrels with them...?
((We have no rudimentary supplies for this?))

Head to the village I saw earlier, but tell the others first of it's location.

Search for any herbalist or apothecary in the area.

((Nope :P))

You go along to the village. It's pretty small, containing only the builders and a couple of farmers. You attempt to see if one of the farmers knows anything about the local flora, but only get a door slammed in your face. What a dick.

((We're in totally different caves, Tir. Else I'd have introduced you all to my butler imp. :P))

Give them compensation to redo whatever they already did but on the other side, but they don't get paid for stuff they were going to do but called off because of the chamber.
They take the gold happily, then continue their work. Outside, you hear something making an odd noise.

Get a more detailed report from the rat. Move over to the body of the horse and cow, and be ready to raise them quickly.

The rat reports that there is something large and noisy out there - possibly reptilian. You maneuver your two spare corpses around, ready to raise them as emergency meatshields. The thing rounds the corner into the cave, and you see what is probably the largest lizard you could have imagined without making it a dinosaur. You are now fighting a BIG DAMN LIZARD.

Woo, 97 XP to go.

Explore my cave.
Walk over to the village to sell the wolf, buy a bit of food that will last a while without spoiling then return to the cave.

You explore your cave, and find a couple of piles of bat shit in the corners. Oh no. This is bat country.

You then walk over to the village and sell the wolf corpse to a seemingly overjoyed farmer. He probably hasn't seen a meat windfall like this in several months. He shells out 15 gold coins with a smile on his face. You then look around at the general store for preservable food, and find jarred baked beans for 5 coins apiece. How many do you buy?

And as Mcclay fades from existence, another comes out of the woodwork to take his place. Additionally, with the discovery of a new artifact, and new Guardian is required and recruited.

Spoiler: Noahtophatz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: tomio175 (click to show/hide)

Good luck, fellas.

Character Statuses:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 11:01:32 am »

Foolish Lizard. Fall to my powers!

Raise the horse and cow and send them into battle with the lizard. With them distracting it I will go up and try to get a leach life off on it. If it is still alive me and the horse and cow will beat on it until it dies.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 11:07:13 am »

Find builders, tell builders to get the entire corridor to the artifact lit. Also, try and make a map of my cave.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:51 pm »

Buy two cans of beans then return to the cave.
Try to cut down a sapling outside of my cave then drag it back.
((Ok, break it down since I don't have a sword or something for cutting, but its the same principal)).
Take one of the torches out of one of the scones and try to find some of those damn bats, if I find one I cast chains of Arnak on it and then bash its little head in.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:02:22 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

Tools for Mining, and Masonry. (-20 gold)
Dismiss workers.
Begin small exploratory mining heading..East.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2012, 03:56:55 pm »

Examine the noise with my imp!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

quickly examine my artifact
then  purchase one torch and stick in on the floor slightly off to the left side
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2012, 10:02:59 pm »

Return to cave, plant four torches in an inverted parabolic arc around the entrance, with eight torches flanking the opening and hallway.

Search for wood, twine, and check on my artifact I was supposed to guard.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. About time we updated.
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:31 am »

Return to cave, plant four torches in an inverted parabolic arc around the entrance, with eight torches flanking the opening and hallway.

Search for wood, twine, and check on my artifact I was supposed to guard.

You plant dem torches, then go a'scavenging. The only things of use you find are some particularly stringy weeds. You then check up on your artifact, which appears to be a pair of diamond earrings. Not earrings with diamonds in them, no - these things are literally made out of diamonds.

quickly examine my artifact
then  purchase one torch and stick in on the floor slightly off to the left side

You examine your artifact, which appears to be a very old pair of blue suede shoes. Huh.
You then purchase one solitary torch and use it to light most of the left side of the cave.

Examine the noise with my imp!
You go to examine the noise and are met by a relatively large sabre-toothed cat. It lunges at you.
You are now fighting a SABRE-TOOTHED HOUSECAT.

Tools for Mining, and Masonry. (-20 gold)
Dismiss workers.
Begin small exploratory mining heading..East.
You purchase the tools, then send the builders home as you begin to do some work yourself.
As you mine, you hear the rocks creaking slightly. Shortly after you think you should be concerned about the creaking, the ceiling of your newly-mined passage falls in, giving you a solid thump on the head and burying you in rubble.

Buy two cans of beans then return to the cave.
Try to cut down a sapling outside of my cave then drag it back.
((Ok, break it down since I don't have a sword or something for cutting, but its the same principal)).
Take one of the torches out of one of the scones and try to find some of those damn bats, if I find one I cast chains of Arnak on it and then bash its little head in.
You purchase 2 jars of beans and a very bored look from the young man manning the counter. This earns him an elbow to the ribs from who you can only presume is his father.
Sighing, you go outside and kick a young sapling into submission, gaining a small pile of branches.
You then go bat hunting, and find a VERY LARGE BAT trying to get into your cave. OH HELL NAW.
You are now fighting a VERY LARGE BAT.

Find builders, tell builders to get the entire corridor to the artifact lit. Also, try and make a map of my cave.
You tell the builders to light up the whole corridor for you - they ask how exactly you want it done. Torches on the sides, ceiling, floor...?

Your cave map is the default cave map, found here.

Foolish Lizard. Fall to my powers!

Raise the horse and cow and send them into battle with the lizard. With them distracting it I will go up and try to get a leach life off on it. If it is still alive me and the horse and cow will beat on it until it dies.
The horse fails to respond to your spell, but the cow jumps to its legs with an unholy fervor usually reserved for liches. It then proceeds to BOVINE-RAM the lizard outside of the cave, across the small landing outside the cave mouth, and into the ravine below.

Well then.

Character Statuses (poke the GM if something is inaccurate):

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2012, 12:38:09 am »

Begin construction of a palisade. Or...find an axe to chop wood and some twine to help with it.

This is really lonely...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:41 am »

Wrassle it into submission! Get the butler to help!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

Current status: Buried under rubble But probably healthy.
Current Mood: Annoyed.

Use my mighty strength to free myself from the rubble!
Then, examine what just happened.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12