Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56

Author Topic: The League--A Superhero Roleplay  (Read 37975 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
The League--A Superhero Roleplay
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »

Spoiler: Original Post (click to show/hide)

We have started!

There is an OOC thread. Please post heroes you want to go on the waiting list there, I'll write them in ASAP.

Heroes:
Spoiler: Tomcat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ragnarok (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mindmaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misdirection (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Seer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lancelot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Sentinel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pathfinder (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:58:56 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who is interested in a superhero RP?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:21:38 pm »

I guess there's not much interest.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »

Give it time. People in different time zones need more time to submit sheets. You'll most likely get a few.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:48 pm »

There's always interest in these. We just need a GM who will stick with it. Personally I've joined two superhero games here and in both cases the GM abandoned it in under a week. If you want people to take the time to make characters and write backgrounds, you need to provide more in the OP than just "anyone interested?" We're all burnt out on games that don't go anywhere.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »

Frankly, this was originally born of a desire to see if anyone had clever hero concepts.

Edit: That being said, I probably could run another roleplaying thread...OP being updated.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:40:16 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 01:17:16 am »

Given Name: Lonnie Spry
Superhero Name: Tomcat
Powers: Chimerism (Half-cat), Enhanced Agility, Peak Intellect, and Peak Strength
Note: Nocturnal

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

I don't plan on writing this long a post every time, but I really wanted a gypsy-cursed person with cat ears. I hope the story comes across as somewhat believable as far as superheroes go. Anything I should change?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:39:57 am »

What color is Tomcat's fur and eyes?
Great story, by the way.
Sig

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:59 am »

The fur is tan and light brown with dark brown hair, and his eyes are emerald green.

On another note I hope I'm not the only one who is interested. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 10:24:27 am »

I hope so too. Of course, if we don't get anyone by, say, tomorrow evening, there are heroes who work alone and perhaps pick up sidekicks or teammates.
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

Given Name: Maxamillian Crestview

Super Name: The Shadow

Powers: Has a few gadgets from his spying days: A cloaking watch which allows him total invisibility for a moment or two. A disguise kit which allows him to transform his shape into any others [he still keeps his own abilities during the transformation.]. He is an accomplished knife-fighter. He remember information well.

Back story: The Shadow used to be involved in several covert affairs for several different organizations. Never one to share information unnecessarily he became one of the best in his trade. However when odd stories of “Super-heroes” started popping up he decided to retire and go into the private sector. With more money than he’ll ever need funding his hobby of paranormal investigation he takes a laissez-faire approach to his job unless the case peaks his interest. Oddly enough Maxamillian Crestview is not his real name but merely one of his favorite aliases. For a man who’s infamous for remembering the slightest details, for a man who has committed such large amounts of industrial espionage, and for a man who has become legend in the intelligence gathering circles the greatest tragedy is that even he cannot remember who he really is, he doesn’t even remember what he truly looks like.

[Is this the sort of stuff you need? Did I screw up?]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

Given Name: Sigrudd Angall

Super Name: Ragnarok

Powers: Sigrudd can channel the powers of Norse mythological creatures. He can harness an Ice Giant to gain its strength and proficiency of ice magic, or any other creature, such as Huginn. However, in order to harness the gods, or their greatest adversaries, he must possess an artifact of what he wishes to embody. As of now, all he possesses is Loki's mistletoe dart, used to slay Baldr.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Powers: Has a few gadgets from his spying days: A cloaking watch which allows him total invisibility for a moment or two. A disguise kit which allows him to transform his shape into any others [he still keeps his own abilities during the transformation.]. He is an accomplished knife-fighter. He remember information well.

Back story: The Shadow used to be involved in several covert affairs for several different organizations. Never one to share information unnecessarily he became one of the best in his trade. However when odd stories of “Super-heroes” started popping up he decided to retire and go into the private sector. With more money than he’ll ever need funding his hobby of paranormal investigation he takes a laissez-faire approach to his job unless the case peaks his interest. Oddly enough Maxamillian Crestview is not his real name but merely one of his favorite aliases. For a man who’s infamous for remembering the slightest details, for a man who has committed such large amounts of industrial espionage, and for a man who has become legend in the intelligence gathering circles the greatest tragedy is that even he cannot remember who he really is, he doesn’t even remember what he truly looks like.

"Gentlemen? I am ze shadow."  :P

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

"Gentlemen? I am ze shadow."  :P

"But of course."

Also... when are we gonna start this?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:34:19 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:53 pm »

I SHALL JOIN THIS IN THE LOUDEST POSSIBLE WAY!

GIVEN NAME: ROSWELL G. FLEMINGTON
SUPER NAME: UNINTELLIGIBLE, ITS TOO LOUD TO BE UNDERSTOOD

POWERS: HE IS CAPABLE OF USING SOUND AS A WEAPON, TO THE POINT OF BEING ABLE TO EMIT NUCLEAR LEVEL EXPLOSIONS OF PURE SOUND.

BACKSTORY: ROSWELL GREW UP IN A HOME WHERE HE WAS UNABLE TO EVEN HAVE COOKIES BECAUSE THEY CAUSED TOO MUCH NOISE (HIS MOTHER HAD CHRONIC MIGRANE HEADACHES) WHEN HE WAS OLD ENOUGH HE BEGAN TO COMPENSATE FOR HIS FORMER LACK OF NOISE BY CONSTANTLY PLAYING LOUD NOISES, AND ALWAYS SHOUTING. HE EVENTUALLY DEVELOPED A DEVICE TO EMIT INCREDIBLY POWERFUL BLASTS OF SOUND, AND NOW USES IT TO FIGHT CRIME AND GENERALLY ANNOY EVERYONE AROUND HIM.

This is actually based on a Twilight Zone story if your interested, look up the episode Sounds and Silences.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 08:05:33 pm »

Right now.
First off, does The Shadow wear a BLU or RED suit?
Second, is Ragnarok based on a real mythological person?
And now let's start. Let me know if I screw up some detail, I'll retcon it.
Ninjad: When'd BFEL post? I'll write him in.

-----

Tomcat has been superheroing for a couple years now, unofficially, of course, but the crooks are only getting tougher. He looks at the other heroes he's found, a Norse type who only learned English recently and some shadowy guy who used to work for some big firm or others. Not exactly Batman or Dr. Stark, but they'll do. This isn't Gotham or wherever Iron Man is crashing right now.
The three of them chat and exchange info. Tomcat has an apartment, but the Shadow has a decent house he bought with his investments on rather lucrative jobs of various sorts, so Ragnarok decides he'd rather stay at Shadow's.
Before they can head home for the evening, some guy runs up, shouting about having missed the meeting. They let him join, but he needs to sleep at his own house until their official base has a soundproofed bedroom.

How are these three going to find trouble, and what will they call their team?
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »

((Ragnarok himself is my creation, but he was kind of inspired by Loki and Thor from Marvel Comics, because those two being superheroes and villains is awesome.))

Ragnarok spoke as if he had cotton balls jammed down his throat, but he tried his best to eliminate his accent.
"Whaht shahll we call ahr group? Whoo is the yarl"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56