Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The League--OOC thread  (Read 10846 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
The League--OOC thread
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:59 pm »

This thread is for out-of-character chat and hero wait lists for my superhero RP thread, The League.

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:25:45 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The League--OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:51 pm »

Reposting for record/discussion

-Hero Sheet-

Given Name: Kathryn (?)

Super Name: Misdirection (alternatively The Grey Ghost, Copycat, Phantasma, or Trick. Possibly related Heroes, or the same?)

Powers: She is classified as a Psionic, but with a laser guided focus-she has great power to bend the mind in regards to the five senses. She can, for example, alter her form to look and sound like anyone else, or manipulate the auditory spectrum around her to produce false voices, misleading echoes, areas of mental silence, disturbingly loud sounds and the like. She can also manipulate the visual spectrum-kaleidoscopic nausea, vivid hallucinations, mirror doubles, blurring and displacement effects or partial invisibility, among others. These effects are even strong enough to pierce Psionic N-Space-so a person viewing her through a security camera or a visual device will not be immune to the effects, if slightly more resistant. She is quite difficult to truly perceive through any other means-electronic, arcane or mental, she has trained or equipped herself to fool them all.

Her powers over touch, smell and taste are currently undeveloped, but she can perform minor feats with them. She of course retains enhanced Agility, Strength and Constitution, and is considerably trained in martial arts, gunplay and all forms of espionage-this is true of all her siblings as well, who have trained alongside her from an early age.

Back story: As befitting her name, Kathryn has told few people her true story. She prefers things left a mystery.

In truth, the moniker of 'Misdirection' is not completely unique-it is one that has been claimed many times in the past. It began in the times of Egyptian Empire, where the Trickster God Seth (or a sufficiently advanced force to call himself so) bestowed upon a particularly clever woman the ability to fool those who would pursue her. She lived a long and interesting life, never being caught-and to her surprise, found her daughters and sons possessed the same ability upon reaching maturity. Since then, the lives of those born into her lineage has been...exciting, to say the least.

Some became Heroes-others Villains-and some refused to use the gift, naturally. But most adopted their own guises and styles, and changed the world for good or evil. An ancient pact called the "Order of Seth" is what binds them this day-to keep their true forms, and their family name a secret-and to work together, no matter their other loyalties, to some great goal. There are in fact, quite a few of them-some related, others not-they can appear almost anywhere, taking each others identities and names, as easy as putting on a pair of clothes. Even those who can say to have bested the Heroine called Misdirection can never be entirely sure who they were exactly facing at the time-or what direction revenge will come for them from.

Kathryn was trained from a young age by the Order-she tutored under the best. In time, her freedom was granted-and she chose to serve good. For now.

The full extent, true goals, and nature of this 'Order of Seth' is unknown to Kathryn-she only knows she serves as one of many...

---

I'm not sure what I should change, GWG. Is mine too powerful? O-o
I could go into the full psychic mind reader niche otherwise, maybe
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »

I'd follow Nerjils suggestion. We have Succubus and the Shadow for any distractions, so we could use a ranged attacker that isn't Richard or potentially Sigurd.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

I'd follow Nerjils suggestion. We have Succubus and the Shadow for any distractions, so we could use a ranged attacker that isn't Richard or potentially Sigurd.
I'd think he'd eventually gain ranged capabilities, as would your character, over the course of the game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:17 pm »

Kathryn's basically an illusionist? Or am I missing something?
Also, are there any other people who requested heroes whom I missed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:13 pm »

Essentially.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:45:19 pm »

Kathryn's basically an illusionist? Or am I missing something?

Yeah.

You put it like that, I could have written a lot less. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:03:37 pm »

Out 'til 6-7 AM GMT.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »

((So... How's the crime fighting and stuff going to work? Will our GM handle it?))

I would hope that we aren't going to make scenarios up on the spot. That would make it a lot more confusing very quickly.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:04 pm »

I would assume the GM'll provide the necessary plothooks for crime fighting.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »

Whoops. Forgot about this thread.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:22 pm »

Posting to hero.

Name: Jakc Skargoff

Super Name: The Seer (?)

Powers: He can move anything he sees. If he's on a plain and sees an object 50 miles away, he can 'pick up' the object and move it. This also extends to moving words around on a page or squishing someone's head with two fingers. Other than that, he's mortal. The powers do scale with distance, though, so he could move maybe a pebble or something from 50 miles, he can't move mountains or anything.

History: Jakc has had a normal life, until he met his 'college professor'. He was at some university, he can't remember which, and he got called aside while walking down the hall, into a back room. The man who called him was a very tall, thin man with a sallow face and dark eyes. After standing completely still, gazing at Jakc for a few minutes, he muttered in a raspy voice, yesss, thisss one hasss...potential. Jakc can't recall exactly what happened, but there was something rushing toward him, and a sensation like exploded raspberries in his head, and then Jakc wokw up in a hospital bed. The nurses revealed he'd been unconcious for 3 weeks after he suddenly passed out while walking down the hallway. Jakc tried to recover, but he started to notice odd things happening around him. He'd reach out to swat a fly, and the stop sign behind it would fall over, and Jakc could feel the texture of the pole, despite being too far away to actually touch the pole. Things came to a head when he was accused of cheating on his midterm. He'd been up studying, and he'd tiredly brushed some eraser shavings off his paper...wiping half the letters off it as well. Eventually people started ostrasizing Jakc, and he was forced to move away. Eventually, tired of being called a freak, he's turned to crimefighting in an effort to get people to accept him.

So how's that?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:36:21 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:21 pm »

That sounds very overpowered. Maybe have range and weight give an effect? So he might be able to move a boulder if he's standing on it, or he'd be able to move a mote of dust from 50 miles away?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »

That sounds reasonable, otherwise I'd say "I CAN SEE THE SUN SO I BRING IT DOWN TO EARTH" at some point.

Edited it. How is it now?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:32:40 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »

Apart from the fact that you're now contradicting yourself, 'tis better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16