Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56

Author Topic: The League--A Superhero Roleplay  (Read 37965 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is interested in a superhero RP?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »

((Ragnarok himself is my creation, but he was kind of inspired by Loki and Thor from Marvel Comics, because those two being superheroes and villains is awesome.))
I guessed that part. No direct Norse inspiration? Alright.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:37 pm »

((Ragnarok himself is my creation, but he was kind of inspired by Loki and Thor from Marvel Comics, because those two being superheroes and villains is awesome.))
I guessed that part. No direct Norse inspiration? Alright.
Not a direct Norse Hero, no.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:19 pm »

((The Shadow reminds me of Christopher Chance from the Human Target comic. That and the spy. :P))

Tomcat's ear twitched as if flicking some unseen thing from it. He tilted his head off to the side in thought.
"Hmmm... What about the Justicars for a team name? I mean we are doing this for justice right? As for a leader... I don't know. I'm strong, fast, logical, and I have access to police records, but I don't know much about any of you yet. Maybe we should hold off on picking a leader."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 11:23:25 am »

Adjusting his blue tie The Shadow replied "I do not think we truly need a name at this point of time correct?" His french accent clearly evident he continued "However I would like to know why "Justicars" is particularly palletable. I would prefer something more refined. You access to police records would be useful. However I could access many more. Yet I think a fair team would be useful for now."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 12:10:54 pm »

[I've never been part of a forum RP before. How long does it generally take for turns to go through?]

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »

[I've never been part of a forum RP before. How long does it generally take for turns to go through?]

((Not this long. I think everyone else ditched. If nothing else I can transfer my background into another project.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

[Maybe the Mod should Prod them?]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »

If I may. And no, totally NOT ripped off from a certain game series.

Given name: Richard Collins
Superhero name: Mindmaster

Powers: He has the ability to manifest his mind into a physical form, usually based off a mythological or folkloric character. They usually influence the personality of Richard, as he has control on what he can manifest. Of course, he is unable to manifest more than one at a time, and he cannot fight at length.

Richard himself, without manifestations, is powerless.

Backstory: An average college student, from an unspecified part of Britain. Gained his powers when he witnessed a battle between a strange, as of yet unspecified creature and an unnamed superhero. Has been going out at midnight to defend innocent citizens since.

No points for guessing what series I ripped him off of.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 02:54:29 pm »

I was starting to worry that everyone had ditched this. Let's see...How about this? Anyone who doesn't want to be in the RP, don't post and I'll retcon you out. Everyone who wants to be in this and is willing to check at least once or twice a day for updates should post. I'll add Mindmaster if Iamanelfcollaborator is willing to abide by the above, and perhaps additional superheroes, although the people who already posted get priority and I'm limiting the team to six or seven heroes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »

The Shadow bolted upright "Merde..." with that he lay back down in his bed. Glancing at his alarm clock he sighed heavily. His meeting with the other 'heroes' the department had set him up with was to begin soon. Taking his time to prepare himself he slipped his favorite gadget onto his wrist and tightened it "Zey better have placed me with competent team members."

[OOC: I shall be staying]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »

I'll check in relatively frequently, but there will be unexpected things where I can't. I'll try my best though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 03:01:30 pm »

The Shadow and Mindmaster are staying. How about the others?
Sig

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 03:10:30 pm »

((I can check at least twice a day. When I check will change though. My work schedule is all over the place usually.

Eh!? We're restarting? Alright, I guess...))

Lonnie stretched, closing a novel that he picked up the day before. It was The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, an odd detective novel by Douglas Adams. It wasn't as serious as he was used to, but he enjoyed it thoroughly. It was about time for him to run off to the meeting. He grabbed his coat off the couch and put it on in a quick motion.

His hand dug into the left pocket to grab the piece of paper that had an address that he was supposed to meet someone at. He didn't know a lot about it, but he was told that there would be other heroes, which was good enough for him. If it was a trap he was sure that he'd be able to maneuver out of it. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to lure him into a corner.

He grabbed the cap hanging on the door and covered his ears before heading out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:21 pm »

Richard stretched his arms. He was in his dorm, packing. Apparently Michigan State gave him a scholarship on something or other, he honestly didn't remember. Anyway, starting 10 am, he was no longer a student at Thames College, London. The flight was at 2.

Still, he didn't feel excited. He was too tired from last night's antics.

"Last time I use a Succubus to fight. Bloody hell, that got weird."

Richard shook his head and continued packing.

Hours later, at the airport, in an alcove, Richard took out a gun-shaped object;he'd said it was a custom painted NERF gun, and the thing couldn't fire normal rounds anyway. He contemplated what it was used for.

"Summoning them from the sea of my soul,huh. Biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard, but then that woman said it worked. Damn was she right about it being better than giving myself a migraine. Looks weird though."

Richard chuckled to himself, then put it away. Flight 245 to Michigan was boarding.

(Not familiar with state capitals, sorry.)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:27:39 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:28 pm »

We won't restart if everyone is still interested.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56