Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143632 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 65: Big Plans
« Reply #1305 on: August 10, 2013, 02:26:59 am »

"It worked out with those Hell Riders, and these are just a bunch of dumbass Americans with guns.  I don't see what's so great about them.
But if I'm the only one here saying we should stir shit up then I guess I can wait a little longer.  I haven't gone scouting in a while, I can see if I can learn a thing or two about these bastards before we waste em.  I just hope we don't lose any men by taking our time"
"Well, the issue is just that. If we go in guns-blazing into every single conflict, we'll lose men, and draw undue attention. The other gangs and the police will decide we're simply more trouble than we're worth, and we'll be gunned down. We need to take out the other gangs without either them or any of the other gangs even realizing they've been taken over."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 66: Maritime Operation
« Reply #1306 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:14 pm »

Chapter 66: Maritime Operation

You'd better come back. Wait. Unjam gun, if I can do so inconspicuously.

"You'd better come back," Garret threatens his client as he walks to the building. "Don't worry man! I'll be back in around 10 minutes, alright?" He disappears inside the store. Garret takes the time to unjam his gun.

10 minutes pass. Then 20. 30. Yet, Garret's client has not reappeared. Something is wrong.

"Well, clear them out. Me and Fyfe will be bringing in the lab gear and all current product to shift from there, so get it done ASAP".

Instruct scouts to clear Tenement, then move the lab and current drug stash from the basement to the Tenement in the Van or Removal Van with help from Fyfe before continuing prodcution and sale/smuggling via warehouse from there.

Ryan tells his footsoldiers to clear the Tenements out, while he takes the crystal materials they have so far and puts them in the Van to relocate to the spot.

Ryan and Fyfe drive over to the spot in the city with their stash. The short, squat storefronts give way to towering, dusty and single-palette urban buildings. As the Van reaches the Tenement, the footsoldiers throw the last unconscious junkie out the door and onto the street.

Ryan and Fyfe take their stuff in, setting up the lab in the basement, and set up a system for transporting the goods to the Warehouse to supplement the smuggling.

New Territory:
Tenement - Production (Via Warehouse)
Dock Operation Cash Flow increased.

Bring the safe back to the Pub and put the money/drugs in it. Try and get Mal to train me and any idle footsoldiers how to use firearms. Mostly just grips, etc. Nothing that involves actually firing a shot.

Thomas heads back to the Pub to place his safe downstairs, putting his loot within. 

He then groups up with Mal to train the Footsoldier in Basic Firearms. (6) It is a success, with the two knowledgeable leaders the footsoldiers are now able to fire a gun without blowing their own faces off. (Footsoldier Level Up: Firearms -> 1

so when does this first shipment of weapons come in ? And are we dealing with explosives as well ?

Also can you point me in the direction of someone who deals in people ?

Also Imari can we get drugs shipped straight to our warehouse and our people work with yours and then my dealers can get straight to work.

sort out 4 foot soldiers to report to Imari for drug smuggling

Send 4 more foot soldiers to the warehouse and prepare for the first shipment of weapons, also assign a soldier with business and leadership skills and promote him to knight and have him work under me. have him oversee the docks operations and bringing some of the dock workers into the gang. 

Blake discusses more business with Imari. "The first shipment arrives in only <1 Turn>. As for explosives, yes, I've worked out a deal that gets us some 'big-bang' you know." He flashes a grin before moving on. "Human Trafficking? Uh, I don't know that. You'll have to find someone else, I'm not big into all tat'." Imari responds to Blake's offer. "Sounds good. I like your business style mahn'. I'll bring up somma' my boys to smuggle stuff too, Schoolboy, Master BL, Blood. They're all good."

Blake arranges for 4 Footsoldiers to handle Smuggling and another 4 to guard the Warehouse. But it's at this point he realizes that the Syndicate currently does not have enough Footsoldiers to support the whole system, and definitely not anyone good in business and leadership. He'll have to search for specific kinds of people and in specific places to get that kind of soldier.

Blake sends a text detailing the situation to the rest of the gang.

Investigate the feasability of armoring the car right under the outer shell, but still outside the systems.- i.e. between the sheet metal and the systems. Then, head over to the local parts shop and look for some cheap horsepower upgrades for both the sedan and the van. If there are some that would total to under $100 for both vehicles, buy and install them.

Finally, perform basic maintenance and tuning on both vehicles- fluid check and replacement, timing belt as well.

Dave looks further into reinforcing some rides. Looking over them, he decides it is feasible to armor up a car with what he has, though it won't be as sturdy or sleek as the Armored Van being sold at the car shop.

He heads over to a car parts shop afterwards to check out some horsepower upgrades. They are available indeed, but would actually cost about $200 to install in both cars at a hundred a piece.

After his class finishes, go talk to Will.

"Oy, you said you had something important to talk about."

Aaron and William have an important gang discussion about future actions.

William is called from his work place to assist with Tech Support over his phone.

Shrug, and head back to my table, start googling software and hardware dealers. Specifically, trackers, hacking programs, etc.

After their discussion, Aaron goes off to look for hacking related stuff on the Internet. He gets the following message:

-THE COUNTY OF LICHEVILLE BLOCKS INFORMATION ON THESE SENSITIVE AND DANGEROUS SUBJECTS. - THE MAYOR'S OFFICE OF LICHEVILLE.

Look's like the Internet Overwatch is blocking this stuff out. If Aaron wants to get this type of stuff, he'll have to snoop around IRL.

"It worked out with those Hell Riders, and these are just a bunch of dumbass Americans with guns.  I don't see what's so great about them.
But if I'm the only one here saying we should stir shit up then I guess I can wait a little longer.  I haven't gone scouting in a while, I can see if I can learn a thing or two about these bastards before we waste em.  I just hope we don't lose any men by taking our time"

Change plans.  Tell Zet and a couple other footsoldiers to assist Berk with bulking up the neighborhood he's expanding into for added protection/firepower.  Also tell them to try to see if they can't find a few more recruits in that part of town while there at it and have the graffitist I trained tag our new territory while we're at it.
As for myself, go personally scout out the mall where those Vice Lords are at, trying to stealthily blend in with the crowds.

The discussion with William leads Trent to rethink his plans. Rather than attack the Vice Lords head on, Trent commands Zet and a couple more footsoldiers to assist Berk and additionally to get more recruits. To do this, Trent has to take a few Footsoldiers away from the Docks and Warehouse. He'll have to take with Blake about this. For himself, Trent heads down to the Licheville Mall.

In about an hour, Trent enters the mall. It is a spacious yet crowded two floor complex with many stores. Trent weaves through the crowd, looking out for Vice Lords.

(Scouting Roll: 3)

He finds an American-looking guy dressed in a purple jacket. Hmm. Could be VL, could not be VL. It's a gamble.

------

Recruitment efforts yield 3 new footsoldiers. They are immediately sent down to the Docks to fill some of the imbalance due to footsoldier guard population exertion.

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 13, 2013, 07:34:39 pm »

"Now then, on t-" Suddenly, Thomas hears his ringtone go off. Thomas reads the text from Blake and replies, "I think I can solve that problem"

"Got to go, just listen to Mal, he knows what he's talking about more than I do, anyway"

Thomas heads out and looks for people who look down on their luck, offering them a new life, if they're willing to join the Syndicate
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:29 pm »

Get a customer loyalty deal, buy the upgrade for the sedan, and install it. Also, look for down-and-out people open to being recruited.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:53:29 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:38 pm »

Damn. Well, let's start by Asking around the bar for information about these things, or about people who could help me wth these things.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:09 pm »

Text Blake
Once I finish up scouting out the Vice Lords turf I'll see if I can't find us some more recruits again.  Hopefully I won't scare em too badly this time

Shadow the American looking guy, and keep an eye out for anyone else that looks like a possible VL
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 14, 2013, 03:50:43 am »

Now that the drug lab is up and running, Ryan thought it was time to practice some bomb making - who knew when the ability to make large explosions was going to come in handy?

Aquire and combine the ingredients for some small scale explosive devices as a first trial run - store these in a sensible spot in the tenement.
This is a blank sig.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 15, 2013, 01:15:34 pm »

Help the techies. If there's any time to, go recruit some folks.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 18, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »

text Ryan

I hear you are starting to make explosives do you want some help with that ? I use to do that sort of thing as a job

recruit new member from army buddies and make some contacts from old friends see if we can get anything from the military
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 18, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »

Text reply:

"Sure! More than willing to have help or supplies, if you have contacts. Not going for anything big just yet - just some small experiments for when we need to do some damage."
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32:06 pm »

Bamp for GUNINANRUNIN and anailater who has made it back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 21, 2013, 07:27:15 am »

((hey everyone, as I explained to TCM i was moving and didin't have stable internet, it should be fine now though.))
Check my bruises, where I am, and how outnumbered I am.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1317 on: August 23, 2013, 07:37:09 pm »

((Good to be back. It's been a while (like 20 gawd damneddd daaaaayyyysssszzz).))
See if this guy's car is open. If it is, check the glove box, seats, dash and trunk for loot while keeping an eye on the building. If the guy still doesn't come out once I'm done, just steal the car and take it to a chop shop.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 67: Back to Licheville
« Reply #1318 on: August 24, 2013, 10:51:03 pm »

Chapter 67: Back to Licheville

"Now then, on t-" Suddenly, Thomas hears his ringtone go off. Thomas reads the text from Blake and replies, "I think I can solve that problem"

"Got to go, just listen to Mal, he knows what he's talking about more than I do, anyway"

Thomas heads out and looks for people who look down on their luck, offering them a new life, if they're willing to join the Syndicate

Thomas hears the news regarding the labor shortage of the Syndicate's various establishments. He directs Blake to Mal, before setting out upon the town to show poor downtrodden souls the glory of the Syndicate. (Scouting: 3) He finds a wandering hobo. (Persuasion: 5+1) Thomas speaks to the man of the glorious life waiting for him in the Syndicate. Fascinated, the man fetches a bottle and heads down to the pub.

+1 Footsoldier

Get a customer loyalty deal, buy the upgrade for the sedan, and install it. Also, look for down-and-out people open to being recruited.

Dave buys upgrades at the car place. (-$100)

He brings various tools and implements back with him to the garage where he installs them into the sedan. After he's done, he knows the car will be much different to drive.

Sedan has been Upgraded; Acceleration and Deceleration are much faster to reach and easier to achieve.

Around the garage, Dave looks for more possible recruits. (Scouting: 1) He walks up to a raggedy looking man, "Hey, I was wondering if-"

The man shoves him to the ground and screams, "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE THE HOLYLAND DEVIL CHILD!", and runs off.

Damn. Well, let's start by Asking around the bar for information about these things, or about people who could help me wth these things.

Aaron asks around the bar for some "technical info". A man at the bar is able to give him some incite, "Hey, there's a bunch of kids always down at the 64th Place Internet Cafe who are good with computers. You check there yet?"

Text Blake
Once I finish up scouting out the Vice Lords turf I'll see if I can't find us some more recruits again.  Hopefully I won't scare em too badly this time

Shadow the American looking guy, and keep an eye out for anyone else that looks like a possible VL

Trent texts Blake and shadows the American guy, keeping an eye out for Vice Lords. (Stealth: 4) Trent tails the man secretly, but notices that his purple clothing is covered with department-store branding. Which are definitely not anything a gangster would wear.

(Perspective Roll: 6) He can't find any Vice Lords around here either. Maybe they're all hanging out somewhere else right now?

Now that the drug lab is up and running, Ryan thought it was time to practice some bomb making - who knew when the ability to make large explosions was going to come in handy?

Aquire and combine the ingredients for some small scale explosive devices as a first trial run - store these in a sensible spot in the tenement.

In the inner-city Tenement, Ryan sets to work on shifting from drugs at the current moment to explosives. He makes several small test runs; (Applied Science: 4+1) and eventually manages to create a surprisingly volatile concoction. He rights down the necessary materials and procedure for his home-made explosive:

1 Quart of Pulp-Free Orange Juice
3 Double-A Batteries
1 Cup of Paint Stripper
2 Grams Gunpowder

1. Distill acid from Batteries.
2. Pour everything into a blender. Mix for fifty seconds.
3. Heat mixture in oven at 300 degrees for ten minutes.
4. Pour liquid into metal container.
NOTE: Very flammable. Wick-trigger or remote-trigger advised.

Now all he has to do is actually find somewhere to test it...

Help the techies. If there's any time to, go recruit some folks.

William does his job, and then goes off to find some more manpower. (Scouting: 6) He walks in on an underground fight club, how convenient. (Charm: 4+1) He makes a very good case for a lot of the roughnecks to join the Syndicate. But a barrel-chested man stands up, towering over William, "You want these boys? You've got to take me first! In the ring, and we keep fighting til' knockout. What wouldya' say mate?"

text Ryan

I hear you are starting to make explosives do you want some help with that ? I use to do that sort of thing as a job

recruit new member from army buddies and make some contacts from old friends see if we can get anything from the military

Blake texts Ryan and then calls up some old friends from his army days. (1) Everyone he calls has an excuse for not wanting to come down to Licheville, like they've got wife and kids now, or they've moved to America or China; a bunch of stuff like that.

Check my bruises, where I am, and how outnumbered I am.

Mason wakes up, finding himself trapped in a dark room. He feels battered and bruised. The last thing he can remember is standing off against a Hawkson Boy crowd, but where was he know? He stood up, and bumped his head against the ceiling of the dark room. Man, this place was small. He pushed the ceiling, and it opened up. He looked around, and discovered he was in an alley, and he was not actually in a room but had managed to get into a dumpster. Leaping out, it looks like there are no Hawks around anywhere. The night is surprisingly quiet.

See if this guy's car is open. If it is, check the glove box, seats, dash and trunk for loot while keeping an eye on the building. If the guy still doesn't come out once I'm done, just steal the car and take it to a chop shop.

Garret, now thinking the worst, checks his client's car door only to find it's locked and everything. He waits a bit longer, but no client. He decides to jack the car. (Carjacking: 5) Garret slips inside the car fine. As he prepares to drive off, he looks around for the keys, but finds them nowhere in the car. Damn, he must have taken them. The car seems pretty empty, no useful information or anything as Garret scours around either.

-----

Imari calls Blake: "Great news mon', our business is going through the roof, I'm getting more and more contacts and shipments! We should be rolling in stacks in no time!"

Strip Mall: +$500

Dock Operation: $250 -> $750, +$750

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

And we're back! Sorry for being a lazy GM and not putting out a turn in so long. Here it is, and let me tell you guys not to worry, some very interesting events and situations are in store for the Syndicate in the near future. Stay thuggin'!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 67: Back to Licheville
« Reply #1319 on: August 25, 2013, 08:23:01 am »

"Fuck my head, I need to get fixed up."
Head to the hospital.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 108