Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143565 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 67: Back to Licheville
« Reply #1320 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:07 am »

Take a turn to plan out how to put armor in the car before heading off to train the footsoldiers in knife-fighting (wooden knives are nice- buy enough for half the footsoldiers, along with three more fighting knives). Diagram for armor intended below. Get our driver(s?) to take the sedan for a quick spin while I train to get the hang of it- not testing its limits or anything, just feeling out the handling and such.

| = Car Body
\ = Armor
: = Car Interior Systems

|/:
|/:
|/:
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1321 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:08 pm »

Just return to base and try to find some more work.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »

Send a text message to the Syndicate: "Does anyone know where I can get some bulletproof glass?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 25, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »

(( Bad luck bears... ))

"Damnit, only one? Better go find some more, I guess." Thomas goes searching for more recruits.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 25, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »

Smoothly offer to let another, tougher member of the Syndicate take the challenge. If no, go ahead and fight.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

Aquire enough ingredients to build a small stockpile of bombs, then make them.
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 25, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »

Smoothly offer to let another, tougher member of the Syndicate take the challenge. If no, go ahead and fight.

You did not bring anyone with you. You could get a quick text out, perhaps.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 26, 2013, 12:02:04 am »

You did not bring anyone with you. You could get a quick text out, perhaps.
((Yes, that.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 26, 2013, 12:34:23 am »

(( I'd like to go on the waitlist if thats ok. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:25 am »

Send out a text to Berk and the other Kings
"Hey!  I can't find a single fucking Vice Lord in their Mall.  Ya'll should keep an eye out."
Ditch the mall, try to scout out the Vice Lord's pizza joint
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 26, 2013, 07:26:00 pm »

WHOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT.

Head down to the 64th Street Internet Cafe.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 01, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »

try again there has to be someone, and also try and make a contact with someone still serving to see if we can get someone to smuggle and sell stuff for us even if it's decommissioned shit
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 02, 2013, 12:04:27 am »

Ptw

By the way maybe we can frame the vice lords. Like by putting some of tha explosive stuff in the pizza joint and then calling the cops.

"Officer I just heard some men talking about explosive bombs at the (name of pizza joint".

They get framed cops go task forve zero on them and we can try to put rumours out that they were aiming for the mafia guys.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 68: Escapades of the Gangster
« Reply #1333 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:56 pm »

Chapter 68: Escapades of the Gangster

"Fuck my head, I need to get fixed up."
Head to the hospital.

Seeing that he has sustained wounds, Mason heads to the nearest hospital.

Stumbling through the doors, the receptionist looks up at him. "What do you want?"

Express Treatment: 1 Turn, $150

Standard Treatment: 4 Turns, $50

Take a turn to plan out how to put armor in the car before heading off to train the footsoldiers in knife-fighting (wooden knives are nice- buy enough for half the footsoldiers, along with three more fighting knives). Diagram for armor intended below. Get our driver(s?) to take the sedan for a quick spin while I train to get the hang of it- not testing its limits or anything, just feeling out the handling and such.

| = Car Body
\ = Armor
: = Car Interior Systems

|/:
|/:
|/:
Send a text message to the Syndicate: "Does anyone know where I can get some bulletproof glass?"

Dave spends his time looking over the Sedan using a system of Plate Armoring. He turns to Doug for advice, who offers this, "Sounds like you'd need to find someone to do this for you, a real expert in Vehicle Modifications or Armoring, something like that."

Doug and a couple footsoldiers go out to take it for a spin. They come back and report there are definite improvements in the acceleration and turning capabilities.

Dave decides to text the rest of the Syndicate if they know where to find the bulletproof glass.

Just return to base and try to find some more work.

Garret returns to the Pub after an uneventful excursion with a rip-off client. As he enters the bar again, he thinks about some other form of employment in the same field that would get him better results...

[GM Tip: If you're looking for Assassin work and want to also assist the gang, taking out promoted members of rival gangs would definitely help the Syndicate. While full-on assaults and bombings have been the primary tactic of the group, Assassination would require less manpower and could dismantle the organization of enemies while simultaneously remaining discreet and hidden.]

"Damnit, only one? Better go find some more, I guess." Thomas goes searching for more recruits.

Thomas goes out in search of more recruits. (6) He sees a crowd of teens hanging around a downtown corner. The area is on the outskirts of Hawkson Boy territory, though none of the of the crowd look like they would be members...

William sends out a call from a brawl-ier ally to take on the man, but he gets no response. He looks and shrugs, "I'll take you." He walks up to the thug, the crowd of people parting ways. William gets into a fighting stance against the bigger man.

(Initiative: 6 vs. 5)

Both step forward, but William manages to put out the first hook. (6 vs. 1) William smashes his fist right into his jaw. A single crack of bone before over six-and-a-half feet of muscle falls onto the pavement, unconscious. William looks up at the stunned audience.

"Who is coming with me?"

(+8 Recruits with Level 1 Melee)

Aquire enough ingredients to build a small stockpile of bombs, then make them.

Ryan heads out to get more bomb materials. (-$50)

After getting enough, he sets out to create them. (4+1) Ryan manages to create enough for either a small sabotage or some form of front-line home defense. (+20 H.I.E.s (Homemade Improvised Explosives))

Send out a text to Berk and the other Kings
"Hey!  I can't find a single fucking Vice Lord in their Mall.  Ya'll should keep an eye out."
Ditch the mall, try to scout out the Vice Lord's pizza joint

Berk sends out a text expressing his frustration at not finding any Purple men, before heading out to the old V.L. pizza place.

(Stealth: 1) Berk heads out to Famous Ovens downtown. He snoops over to the front, peering in the door window to find an actual group of designated Vice Lords chilling out inside. Using his super-spying Skills, Berk stumbles through the door unintentionally, bashing it against a Lord holding a whole pizza on a tray, and slamming it into his face. Cheese, sauce, and a variety of toppings color him as he stands there, stunned. There is an eerie and foreboding silence as everyone in the establishment stares at Berk.

Head down to the 64th Street Internet Cafe.

Aaron heads down to the cafe. Upon opening the door he is greeted with row upon row of desktops, most of them filled with a seated person. A girl with an overtone of emo/gothic dress sits at a nearby desk. She calls over to him, "It's $4 an hour, take it or leave it."

try again there has to be someone, and also try and make a contact with someone still serving to see if we can get someone to smuggle and sell stuff for us even if it's decommissioned shit

Blake tries contacting his old comrades, as surely someone is interested. But in-between making the phone calls, Blake is interrupted by a call from Imari.

"B-mon! Get down to the Warehouse fast, I've got some good clients with high deals, so big I've even had to bring in some other guys to make it work. The price is huge, and I'm seeing your share would be about...let me get this right...$143,500. You coming?!"

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

You guys didn't think I forgot about this, did ya'?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 68: Escapades of the Gangster
« Reply #1334 on: September 03, 2013, 09:19:48 pm »

Put down a hundred bucks. 25 hours is good enough.

Before heading into the depths of the cafe, ask if she would know anything about what I need. If not, find a computer and...ask around.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108