Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 143788 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 54: Blaze It!
« Reply #1125 on: May 24, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

Chapter 54: Blaze It!

"It's fine. You can find one later. For now, you can just Pistol-Whip people. I'll be waiting for you."

Play on the PSP while I wait, then, when he gets here, enter the nearest Vacant-Looking flat.

Aaron waits for Mal, passing the time away by playing on his jacked PSP. (4) Yeah, new high score, woohoo! After a few minutes, his apprentice arrives packing heat. "Alright boss, what are we doing?" Aaron leads the way, going into the nearest empty flat. (Lockpicking: 2+1) Aaron has to fiddle around with the lock, but eventually he manages to shove it through. The two of them walk into the flat quietly. As they walk into the back, they find an elderly man eating at a dinner table. He stares at them silently.

"Yes please could you do that for me"

also buy a gun and some ammo

go down to the docks and look for some dock workers try and bring them into the gang and then get them to send us parts of some shipments and they will get a cut - really just start a small business and start to own some territory down on the docks

Blake asks Imari to give him the info. "Alright my friend, but just know, talk isn't cheap."

Blake also asks Imari for some firepower. (-$100) (+Snub-Nose Revolver & Ammunition) Blake shoves his gun in his jacket pocket. They shake hands and Blake leaves the building, heading to the docks.

At the docks, Blake talks to some workers about supplying the gang. (6) They agree to the terms he lays out, but they need specifics on what he wants them to give him.

Watch the vice lord from a distance (don't stare, now), and see what he does/where he goes.[/b]

Dave watches the Vice Lord, who is unaware of the Syndicate presence, browse the flea market. At the end of the market, the Lord hands money to a vender, and in exchange gets a large box. The Lord picks the box up a strap on the top, waves at the vendor and walks off with his box.

Get any foot-soldiers at the Pub that aren't busy together and teach them how to graffiti our gang symbol

Trent gathers some idle soldiers and teaches them how to spray-paint the gang symbol. (1) While they practice painting, one footsoldier tries getting in a quick cigarette. He unintentionally gets his lighter too close to some of the spilled paint on the floor, and suddenly there's a small fire. Oh. (4) Make that a not so small fire any more as it grows to campfire size. The nearby footsoldier jump away. Well, the bar is safe since it has a sprinkler system, but the sprinklers don't go down to the basement. There is also the issue of a fire in a contained area containing the gang's funds, a pile of guns and ammunition, three prisoners and a meth lab.

Set up in a suitable back room/basement in the bar, and make a test batch. Utilize a small number of footmen to take this batch to the tenement, where it will be distributed at a discount rate to test its viablity as a product and location for sale.

Ryan lays his lab down in the back of the basement on a long table, and starts to cook. (4+1) He makes a good amount, enough to sell initially. (+10 Meth Bags) He calls over three footsoldiers to sell this first batch at the abandoned tenement mentioned before. Just as they pick up the bags, Ryan becomes aware of the basement fire.

Good job guys...
Go around the side. try to open the window.

With Paul & Sean setting up a diversion outside the bar, Mason sneaks in through the window, hearing bar patrons heading outside to watch the fake fight. (4) He gets through the window and finds himself in a bathroom.

"Not right now, no."
Go get a white collar job.

William dismisses the Long Shou's offer. "Alright. See you later then." He gives William a quick nod and the group heads outside. William goes outside too, looking for some employment. (5) Lucky for him, he finds all sorts of places uptown looking for accountants, receptionists and data management.

Keep Scouting.

Alex ignores the man being attacked and resumes his scouting business. (1) He bumps into a shuffling, hunched-over man. The shuffling man looks up at him. "...GRAWRRRR!"

A wild Basehead appeared!
Go Alex!
Alex: "I'm going to have to beat the shit out of ya'."
Basehead used Haymaker!
(3 vs. 5+1)
It missed!
Alex used Jab-Hook combo!
(6+1 vs. 2)
It's super effective!
Basehead fainted!
Alex gained 24 EXP.!

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 24, 2013, 06:20:12 pm »

Head back to the pub, Relax.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 24, 2013, 06:36:04 pm »

See where he's going, and follow him at a distance. Also, remember which vendor it was- we need to know who's loyal to them.

((One word, folks- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS. Get some. If you can't, damp blankets/water should work for this fire, but we'll need some extinguishers if we have a meth lab in the basement.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 24, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »

Offer the man a Cheeto, before slitting his neck. Because I'm that much of a heartless bastard.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 24, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »

((PFF aw crap!))

"JESUS!!!
YOU THREE!  Run up stairs grab some extinguishers and come back!    YOU TWO!  Run upstairs  grab some blankets pour water on them and get the fuck back! 
GO GODDAMNIT!!"

Try to direct everybody in containing the fire as best I can.  Get anything flammable  that's nearby like the rest of the paint cans away from the flames
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 25, 2013, 07:54:01 am »

talk to the dock workers and inform them that I will be setting up smuggling over on the docks.

Go back to Imari and inform him about the portion of the docks we own and see if he can set up any drug smuggling there and we get a cut of the profits

Go back to the docks and set up a main base of operations in one of the warehouses and look about buying it, also set about claiming the docks for our gang and bring some members down to the docks to oversee the smuggling and guard it
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 25, 2013, 08:41:02 am »

"Shit, I didnt even mean to start this one, I promise..."

Fight the fire, through applying science - obtain a large enough smotherer (sheet, clothing), wet it, and smother it.
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 29, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »

Bump for the thugs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 02, 2013, 12:23:35 am »

Try and get a job which could be done via telecommuting.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

((Sorry I thought I had posted))
Stick my head out the door, try to find a path to the bar.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 55: Conquest
« Reply #1135 on: June 03, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

Chapter 55: Conquest

Head back to the pub, Relax.

Alex goes back to the pub, his trip uneventful, and reclines back in a spare booth. Everything is calm...well, there is the raging fire downstairs. But besides that everything is dandy.

See where he's going, and follow him at a distance. Also, remember which vendor it was- we need to know who's loyal to them.

Dave looks at the vendor to the Vice Lord, which actually appears to be an older woman. He then leaves the flea market to follow behind the Lord. (Stealth: 5) He doesn't get spotted, and sees the Vice Lord place the box into the back of a truck in a nearby parking lot. The truck is surrounded by four more Vice Lords, all sporting basic but dangerous melee weapons. There are several more boxes in the back of the truck.

Offer the man a Cheeto, before slitting his neck. Because I'm that much of a heartless bastard.

Aaron pulls a Cheeto out of the bag and holds it out to the old man, offering it to him. The man doesn't take the offer, simply sitting there. Aaron flips his switchblade open and swings at the man. (5+1 vs. 6) The old man ducks under the attack just in time, and the blade misses him by inches. (4 vs. 3) He then takes his drink and throws it in Aaron's face. Aaron screeches and falls backwards, momentarily stunned. (5 vs. 1) Mal just fucking shoots him in the chest, flinging the old man out of his chair. Mal turns to Aaron and picks him up, "You okay, boss?"

"JESUS!!!
YOU THREE!  Run up stairs grab some extinguishers and come back!    YOU TWO!  Run upstairs  grab some blankets pour water on them and get the fuck back! 
GO GODDAMNIT!!"

Try to direct everybody in containing the fire as best I can.  Get anything flammable  that's nearby like the rest of the paint cans away from the flames

Trent barks out orders as he moves the rest of the paint away from the fire. Some of the boys come back downstairs with a fire extinguish and use it on the blaze. (Fire-fighting: 4+1 vs. 6) They spray directly into the flames, but the fire seems to have an abundance of fuel around it, preventing it from being contained. Other peeps throw a water-drenched blanket on the fire. (6 vs. 1) The damp blankets smother the fire instantly. Everyone sighs in relief. (Gang Fire-Fighting Skill: Level 1!)

talk to the dock workers and inform them that I will be setting up smuggling over on the docks.

Go back to Imari and inform him about the portion of the docks we own and see if he can set up any drug smuggling there and we get a cut of the profits

Go back to the docks and set up a main base of operations in one of the warehouses and look about buying it, also set about claiming the docks for our gang and bring some members down to the docks to oversee the smuggling and guard it

Blake initiates his plan, telling the dock workers about his smuggling and then contacting Imari to expand his business to the area of the docks, for a cut of the profits. "Seems fine with me."

Blake looks into the warehouses for purchase. The cheapest one starts at $10,000. Huh, that's pretty steep. He orders some soldiers back from base to handle the smuggling.

New Territory: Docks Operation - Smuggling
Payout: $200 Profit - $150 Payout = $50 Per 2 Turns
3 Soldier Protection

"Shit, I didnt even mean to start this one, I promise..."

Fight the fire, through applying science - obtain a large enough smotherer (sheet, clothing), wet it, and smother it.

Ryan throws another wet thing on the already contained fire. "Yep, got it." The three footsoldiers leave to distribute the meth at the Tenement.

Try and get a job which could be done via telecommuting.

William looks for a job that could be done using his phone. He finds a Tech Support opening.

Computer Tech Support
Part Time: 3 Days a week, 4 Hours - $100
Full Time: 6 Days a week, 8 Hours, - $250

Stick my head out the door, try to find a path to the bar.

Mason sticks his head out the bathroom to see that people are leaving to watch the fake fight between Paul & Sean outside. He makes his way to the bar, but the bartender spots him. "What drink you got in the mood for boy?"

-------

Berk gives Trent a call. "Well, I've got the whole strip mall on lock. We're way past the mattress shop now. Combine that with a Drug Store, a Mongolian BBQ restaurant, a Liquor, and a few more things...can't way for you to see this."

Territory Expanded: Sleepmaster Mattress Shop -> Strip Mall
$125 -> $500 Per 5 Turns

The call is also followed by one  from Doug. "Sorry, I couldn't find any good whips. Almost got caught a few times. What should I do now?"

Spoiler: Syndicate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kings (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »

"Damn. You could've been a bit more subtle, but it works."

Loot the place and GET OUTTA THERE!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 03, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

Get the part time job.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 03, 2013, 10:48:47 pm »

Fall back, out of sight, and see which way the truck is going should it leave. Also, try to commit their faces to memory.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:02 am »

"Err, what would you pick? Oh and can you leave the bottle."
Say the above, take a swig of whatever he gives me, pay him, and then wait for him to turn around before hitting him over the head with the bottle.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108