Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1175298 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Exotic Goblin Pole-Dame Edition]
« Reply #4170 on: January 07, 2016, 01:38:48 am »

someone removed all of our unform plans. now we only have "dakka" dorfs so only marksdorfs, no melee... damn it!
can't be bothered to attempt to fix it. No more melee dorfs it seems. Damn it random_dragon

You need moar dakka. And lots of it. o3o

Plus the uniforms I erased were the defaults. Not as useful as micromanaging the gear.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: January 07, 2016, 04:56:29 am »

Except by the time they're done preparing for a turn, nobody's sane enough to micromanage rocks.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:55 am »

I feel a bit crap and not much interesting happened during the turn. Should have had more to drink I think.

Wait, those things around the tavern in the last picture. Are those 3 Os 3 dead blind cave ogres? Are those 2 dead crundles and don't quite a few of those visitors (@), Humans (U) and dorfs have red background making them kind of.. dead? Not quite sure what happened there but it's someone else's problem now

Edit: Yep, they are. Also, seems like a naturalist and a poet bit Taupe's eyelids and the poet exploded both Siquo's and Taupe's heads into gore by punching them in the face. Pretty much everyone seems to have been fighting something, pretty often each others. None of the survivors seem to give a rat's arse about seeing dozens of fellow dorfs die. They seem more concerned about crappy meals and loneliness.

Ifeno and MarcAFK seem to have authored some books and there is a 116 page manual to The Embraced Skirts that the goblinmaid seems to love.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:19:19 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: January 17, 2016, 05:40:24 am »

What is it about Dwarf fortress that generates some of the best quotes in such high quantity?
"oops, made loadw of rooms full of coffins instead of bedrooms. its mostly the same so its ok."
I will have to take a turn at this soon, and it will be magniflorious.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: January 18, 2016, 02:27:28 am »

16:30
Filled my Dragon Mug with about half a bottle of Reduced to clear, cheap "Liebfraumilch" white wine. From a box. 10% This shall be the dawn of a new age.
16:38
This is actually really nice wine. I have misjudged you glorious golden box of wonder

16:46 Second mug of wine has been poured after this one it'll be time to start playing. not really had a solid meal since like 6 am, so It's gonna hit pretty hard.
16:51 My whole apartment smells like basil and coriander, This is why everyone should grow their own herbs. Real herbs, not the fun kind.
16:54 Neil Patrick Harris may be playing Olaf in the Netflix adaptation of A Series Of Unfortunate Evensdst. This pleases mee.
17:00 wine is a poor choice for fast drinking
17:05 7 minutes until Dwarf fortress is opened
17:07 I have so much junk food

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's all I'm afraid, don't know if I gave up or blacked out but I woke up with that written, dwarf fortress still open at the craftsdwarf workshop claim and one hell of a hangover. Doesn't look like anything all that interesting happened
Here's the file I guess.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11672
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: January 18, 2016, 10:38:09 am »

I couldn't understand a single word. Amazing work.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: January 18, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »

*Clap clap*
Well done.
I liked that turn
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: January 18, 2016, 02:05:57 pm »

Ow, my sanity. That was glorious.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: January 18, 2016, 03:23:44 pm »

Another ally in the great struggle against sleep ! You sir, are a hero.

Anyways, I shall most likely take a turn in the following week.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: January 18, 2016, 06:58:33 pm »

There are far too many surface dwelling water drinkers in that fort, spending all day singing and reciting poems and playing flutes. Not a Single person went crazy and started beating people to death.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:00:40 pm by Bogwedgle »

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: January 20, 2016, 10:50:10 am »

That was a lovely turn, I enjoyed it significantly. My mood has improved!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 22, 2016, 07:45:02 am »

If nothing distracts me and no-one else takes a turn by then I'll probably complete my year tonight.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:56 pm »

Pregame boozing begins at 7 13 pm. I have 15 5% beers and for some reason most of a bottle of 20% Kahlua.

7 25 pm. Watching terrible Youtube vlogs. With that and the Kahlua I've apparently become a 13 yearold girl. Beer 2 begun

7 42 beer 3 and Thai sweet chilli sensations.

7:58 3 and a half beers I ahven't downloaded the save shit

20:04 cheetos are surprisingly good as a sandwich filling. beer 5

20:10 save loaded gimme a minte and I'll be ready
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well I thnk we caan ll agre etht wen wll
file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11689
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:01:27 pm by Bogwedgle »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: January 22, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »

We can no get out.
The end comes soon.
We hear drims,

Quote from: Bogwedgle
Drims in the deerp

This is a copper toy drum. All craftsdrunkship is of the deepest quality.

I'm almost tempted to attempt reclaiming this hole in the dirt but I suppose that people want a new fortress soon
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:29:37 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: January 23, 2016, 01:42:38 am »

And the Golden Wrex Aware goes to...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 341