Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1195360 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Exotic Goblin Pole-Dame Edition]
« Reply #4155 on: January 02, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »

Ack. Well, was out and about on new years eve, then my attempted staying in to relax on new years day got derail by a minor family emergency. @w@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: January 02, 2016, 02:21:12 pm »

Aww
I was really looking forwards to someone taking a turn
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: January 02, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »

Someone should, as I dunno whether I'll see about doing it tonight or not. @w@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: January 02, 2016, 02:46:47 pm »

Eh. I took a turn last time, someone should take one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: January 02, 2016, 03:33:55 pm »

Suppose I could pick up some orange juice while I'm out renewing my bus pass, and then take a turn...
Eh... I'm not committing to it, but I might.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: January 02, 2016, 11:09:43 pm »

Eh, fuck it. Downloading the save, got an unopened pint of 70-proof. Last save was Naryar's, it seems.

EDIT: Posdt will go hear later.

EDIT 2: Bleh. Tireddragon. Post goes here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And upload will be...here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11599
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:09:35 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Havarous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: January 03, 2016, 05:37:05 am »

It sounds like the weather is drunk enough that it might start texting hurricane Katrina asking if her new bf can change temperatures so quickly. I mean, well, good luck.

Hopefully at some point in the not-too-distant future I will have a DFFD account and take a non-shit turn.

Fingers crossed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: January 03, 2016, 11:06:11 am »

Crazy weather, yes. And...bleh. How did I manage to waste 3/5 of a bottle on such a short turn? >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: January 03, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »

Dem dörfs man, dem dörfs.

A cloud of drunken weather has drifted nearby.
It is raining snowy muck.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: January 03, 2016, 08:03:59 pm »

Never has so little been accomplished with so much.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »

Wait, 27 Nobles/Admins and 11 Fishery Workers compared to around 3-4 dorfs per job doing all the actually useful dorfery?
We don't even have peasants. Instead have even more useless social bums and lazy fisherdorfs sitting in our tavern and drinking while the goblin entertains them or some dancerdorf gives them a bearddance.
I kind of like this

Edit:
Downloaded the save to take a look and decided to check on our very own little Polegoblin to she if she was being treated badly or wearing rotting loincloths.
Instead she was perhaps one of our best dressed residents. Even a bit too heavily dressed for my taste :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-"I was near to a Seat. I'm very pleased." What?
-All she does seems to be watch performances, admire random furniture and drink.
-The dorfs seem to have had a bad influence on her. She's an alcoholic.. "She was frustrated after being kept from alcohol for too long."
-"Likes the words of The Euphoria of Couples and the sound of The Embraced Skirts." Just what is she performing? "She is currently more shameless"?
-"Like others in her culture, she believes that peace is always preferable to war." "She is dreams of bringing lasting peace to the world." "She is unfocused after being unable to make romance." She is even looking for romance and her answer to that was to come live HERE? Among bearded drunkards?
Is she really a goblin?
Just what is she?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:25:59 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: January 03, 2016, 10:16:25 pm »

Yeah. We have way too many bards, scholars, etc. I was trying to engineer a way to purge them. Finish my opus magnum, the retractable bridge next to the second trade depot, built over the volcano. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: January 03, 2016, 10:25:51 pm »

Yeah. We have way too many bards, scholars, etc. I was trying to engineer a way to purge them. Finish my opus magnum, the retractable bridge next to the second trade depot, built over the volcano. o3o
Finally someone is going to use that depot for its intended purpose. Burning elves.

Et tu, Urist

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: January 06, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »

this goblin looks really very elven to me... I say, blasphemy of the highest order !

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: January 06, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »

Scruffy has been taken by a drunk mood.
Scruffy withdraws from society...

Edit:
Oops, got a bit distracted. Starting soon

Scruffy has claimed a drunken fortress.
Scruffy has begun a mysterious construct.

Starting a bit late but here goes:
Spent a while in a bar a while ago. Some westons, a rum cola, some more rum, a strange shot of blueberries, conjac and whipped cream and a bottle of strongish beer. All in all not all that much.
Blah blah, long story sort, I was attempting to get some sleep (a bit drunk) but suddenly got an idea, snapped up and got inspired. There is something I must build before I forget it. Must drink more. Been drinking cider after that. I think that I made it a bit too stong and dry but it serves its purpose. About 7dl down, 1,3l to go.

..I have absolutely no idea what this was supposed to be. BVedrooms and some temple for live sacrifice I think. Damn it.

The fort needs booze
Brew, cook and make cheese minions!
Also: MORE MINERS! Always more miners. They tend to die. A dozen should do.
Picks? MORE PICKS!
There. Now I have my goal for this turn. Mine shit and try not to drown the dorfs in the said shit they mine.

Why is there a random human gazing into the abyss? Is Nietzsche staring back?=
ok, crap joke. Just magma crabs down there.

Even more bums ahve showed up.
What is this?
What did you do Randomdragfog?_dragon

Got distracted again.
What is this?
I'm not even really enjoying this butchery of trek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrG4JnrN5GA
Shouldn't even bothered to link it
Why does youtube keep recommending crap to me?

I had something important to do before continuing. What the xx was it?

Rebuilt the main chapel which was decommissioned after the unfortunate problem with various flowing liquids.

petitions. What the hell, lets just accept everyone. Welcome to town (we are a town?) Oddomatêk, the Cloisterredbored something
Just pick a bed and grap a barrel and sit around consuminh our resources while someone else feeds you,.

We need beds. We still don't have any private bedfrooms after the little accident. Only dorms and a couple dozen tavern ro0oms (nope, not for you dorfs. Reserved for the unproductive memberrs of the bard-caste. Dorfen bearddancers and human poets and whatnot)

making those picks. What do we have?
2 bars?
Potash?
Damn it
Atlöeast chop some drees for the beds
No? To the caverns then!
Where? Do we have access?

Erm. Sorry about this too.

fear not, we are mostly magmafree

here we go. blood thron

A noble is whining
Amperzand

holes in our farmroof
still fixing crap before i¨m unable

THIEVES!
Skulking filth
Wait, all I can find is Baldrick standing there. SOD OFF!

TEMPLETIME!
Going to expand that dropbridge thingie

Spent 15mins thinking about the bedroom thing but can't seem to figure it out. BVugger it. This will have to do. Some cramped rooms above too

Stuff getting on my nerves.Damn warm stones
Time to edit:
D-init
[AUTOSAVE:SEASONAL]
[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES]
[COFFIN_NO_PETS_DEFAULT:YES]
amd ammpimcements
[DIG_CANCEL_WARM:A_D:D_D]
Is that everything?
Time for fun. No more pesky interrupted mining

humans. With wagons. meh
Cheese? perhaps?
no? then bugger off
Stealing their crap

Stop making wooden bolts damn it! we have no spare wood and none is getting used for beds since every carpenter's workshop gets overridden with bolt orders
how did manager work again?
Using manager is undorfen. Micromanage!
no wonder the constructs near the main floor were still theer
damn designate standard/marker. They were markers! i want my stupid, hard to organize dorfs back!
I dopnät want these creatures that have 1-7 importance rating mining, marker designations and the intelligence not to wall themselves off when building. I want my stupid dorfs. They wer eeasier to understand n manage

someone removed all of our unform plans. now we only have "dakka" dorfs so only marksdorfs, no melee... damn it!
can't be bothered to attempt to fix it. No more melee dorfs it seems. Damn it random_dragon

AMPERZAND! get of your room. Your presense is nolonger required. We have a new, potentially even more useless mayor
MAYOR KAMIN DEMANDS YOU! MAKE BOLTS
damn nobles. Who mandates the construction of 3 3!! bolts

Darn it. The cencelled hot mining spots are annoying to redo but atleast im not getting paused
Damn it URIST! An artifact cotton right mitten full of spikes
More demands brom Kamin. Now he wants gauntlets in addition to bolts
A wombat has gone missign

been trying to sip an empty cup for a while. must fix thatdd
mining above magma is too tedisou Tedious but the novelty value of the results is worht it

TMNT
pic10ish
A bard beat it to death with his instrument, a bronze tracksum?"
¨Bard: I have been wounded. Itäs annoying...
we may have an outbreak of turtles in teh future..

Autumn
turn playing slowly. how many hours now?

what? still sanding there?

oops, almstos mined a lods off stiff I wanst supposed to. intending to I mean

more bedroooms

WHO DARES TO SEAL MY WATER POOLS? Release the water

oops, made loadw of rooms full of coffins instead of bedrooms. its mostly the same so its ok.
´
+åoc14

bloodthorn for the blood god

coffins, coffers and cabbinets
wont need coffins due to magma deaths but still usefusl

most of my cider is gone. Drunk but not too drunk to write. still a bit too drunk to micromanage. Feeling a bit shit.
O think that I play too much dorf fortress. Too much dorf whortress while drunk. It is gettkg too routine
wait, we are full of sand? Know what that mens? MAGMA KILNS! Almost dwarfy. Not quite but almost.

ASHY FAT SQUIREL! BULGING AND EMACIATING! HORRORS! HORRORSS FROM THE DEEP!

milking stray reindeers. for some reason. for scheese

making some eating.hungru
running unmannded for now. no pesky pauses from anything due to init editing

bacon, fried onions, beans, garlic, piripiri, jalopeno, leftover guiagac.. what ever, something guaga and cucumber wrapped in leftoever tortillawraps.
it wil ldo for now.

Some bard made an artifgact acacia cup full of leather. damn it. not a signe. good artigfact

wut?
bards growing attached?

Out of booze. Luckiyty the trn is close to ending
Engraving

nuff said. so it goes

A VILE FORCE OF GOBBOS

GECKOS!

A diplomat has left unahppy.. i wonder why..
the number of our soldiers and other lazy bums seems to habve decreased somewhat. i suppose that it's for the better. gobbos are a part of the healthy cycle of life and we must learn to embrace their violent deeds. Prevents stagnation and overdorfing
From 100+ (140isj?) to 62 dorfs but that ios a good thing:
minions, don't hting of it as dead close ones, think of it as more booze nad biscuits for you!

Aquafer? HURRAH! MOAT!
Still some winter left. Must mine

bilt wells
some "naturalist seems to be butchering us

Oh joyous day. prisoners to become the first sacrifice of our glorious chapel thingie
thj results of far too much micromanaging, cancelled mining dure4 to hot walls and aar too many constructs due to mistakes
Sorry dragon, Didndt ralise I was building under yuour dropbridge- spome of them might survive the fall

Whatwas accoplished or simethign
'
tis just plain magma beneath the grates. perhaps connect them to levers amd have nobleproof noblebedrooms for noblestarvign

Scruffy has created Pole-DameFort, a dwarven idiocy. The craftdorfship is of the drunkest quality etc etc
save later
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11622
Found soemthing on my chair beneath m arse. Pretty sure it's not a stone but I have no idea what it is. I donät even want to know.l
Bah
There. HAve a save. I need to sleep
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:24:31 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 341