Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9775 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

Please catch the green glass dimetrodon with webs,
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »

Please catch the green glass dimetrodon with webs,

Yeah, a forgotten beast silk farm sounds like the perfect solution for my miserable clothing industry. But seeing that it's [WEBIMMUNE], it will be quite a challenge...
I tried to see how the fight would go. 20 dwarves down, not a scratch on the 2 FBs that got in. One of them was the webber. It's just too powerful for the military. So, silk farm time it is.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

If you need to catch it, I think forgotten beasts lack NOSTUN.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:16 pm »

If you need to catch it, I think forgotten beasts lack NOSTUN.

I might manage without caging it, depending on whether or not it shoots webs through fortifications if it can't path to the target. If it can't, the whole mission just got a lot more complicated, and we skip forward to the question of whether or not it can be led to a chain, chained there, and sit there peacefully like a good GCS once I cage it.

And of course, if a constructed OR natural floor should be used. I'm quite a novice at cave-ins, even if my glacier tricks in the early years suggest otherwise.

EDIT: according to the wiki, they are [NOSTUN] :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:04:48 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2012, 07:19:20 pm »

Dangit.
I've heard they don't need a path anymore.
Sig

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 07:36:29 pm »

Dangit.
I've heard they don't need a path anymore.

Good enough for me. Now I only have to time it carefully (or savescum shamelessly) so that only that FB rushes in there. The rest is for the soldiers and then the butchers ;D

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »

Your Highness demands silk from only the highest quality green glass beasts!

And when did the elves start liking us?
Stupid Glaciers and thier lack of trees to tick off elves with, To The Caverns!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 04:23:28 am »

They do perform the interactions through fortifications. Capture webber into bridge chamber and you can cower cagetraps with webs to capture the rest. Onto bio weapon research next.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2012, 04:28:05 am »

They do perform the interactions through fortifications. Capture webber into bridge chamber and you can cower cagetraps with webs to capture the rest. Onto bio weapon research next.

The rest of them on that level isn't really worth capturing. But I may try.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:33 am »

28th Sandstone, 1158 MId-Autumn

We successfully lured in the Forgotten Beast Kolad Routstab the Scraped Demon, the emaciated green glass dimetrodon with large mandibles and webs. In its futile anger at the world, it shoots those without rest. We had some bycatch too, Luarl the Spicy Secrets, a great feathered fly with large mandibles. I hope it's noxious secretions won't contaminate our silk.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 06:27:46 am »

Well-done.
Sig

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 08:32:57 am »

Well-done.

Thanks. Next is completing the forest of cage traps on it's other side, covering it with webs, and luring in everything that moves and wants to eat the piglet or destroy the armor stand.

Then to pit the 20 losers against the captured beasts. And culling the children. Without losing valuable dwarves to tantrums or madness. Hopefully the war dog exterminations can provide enough hardening for key personnel to pull this off. If we go below 80 dwarves, new migrants will come, hopefully including vampires at last.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »

22nd Felsite, 1159 Late Spring

Kib Tholmonom, our butcher, got in a stonecrafting mood and created our most valuable artifact so far:

$397200
I think it nicely depicts the superiority of dwarvenkind to the great beasts, and comparatively, to humans.

We completed the web traps and captured the remaining three forgotten beasts in the lower caverns, two scorpions with stingers and a bird with deadly blood. I'll pit those recruits against them. I contemplated digging up from there to the second cavern and letting the one with rotting feet and poisonous vapors into the same trap, but those vapors my not be held back by bars.

8th Hematite, 1159 Early Summer
Ducim Truthfulgloves, aka Good Guy Engraver: has mood, doesn't use up valuable adamantine.
$32400

The forgotten beasts were no match for the recruits. One even fell to a scratch to the cephalothorax, bruising the brain. Also, no symptoms of blood poisoning so far. I'll pasture the residemt crazy cat lady's pets on the blood pools to see what they do.

Strange. They stand right on a pool of blood and there is not a drop of it on their fur... Oh wait, they are both unconscious and numb.

Meanwhile, a minotaur arrived and ran into... an elven ambush. What.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:40:09 pm by Tirion »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

I assume the elves were butchered and the minotaur is now celebrating his feats in the dining room with his newfound dorf friends.

If you want to preserve the admantine from moods, I'd suggest digging a room w/ one entrance, designating it as a bar stockpile for adamantine only and forbidding adamantine being stored in any other bar stockpiles. Put up a door in the room's sole entrance, and voila, a hoard of adamantine wafers! If a dwarf gets a mood, lock the door until the mood is over.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:46 am »

3rd Limestone, 1159 Early Autumn

Decent sized goblin siege came this year, ambushing the human caravan outside our gates. Their guards have cut down their lawgiver, and our traps injured a lot of trolls and blizzard men. I sent the new squads to mop up. Next time I'll let them in through the trapless corridor, soo what they can do in a fair fight.

One of them got...possessed. And created a gabbro armor stand. Worth $66000.

A minotaur came, struck down a recruit, and fell to the other 19.
A child was found dead dehydrated in a cage. It may be a good example for the other little shits who keep walking into the precious forgotten silk webs every time our weavers go collect them.

Turns out, some of the little idiots locked the floor hatch between the wells and food storage of the child bunker. A third of them were dehydrated to death, the rest ar miserable and tantruming. 2 berserkers so far. Adult population uneffected. Further research encouraged.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:30:15 am by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10