Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9754 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »

Indeed. You already had a stonecrafter and a miner imprisoned for lacking the foresight necessary to don't bring mittens to the depot.
Well, mittens are far too important to be traded away, or our hands will get cold.
Also, your happiness fluctuates between ecstatic and unhappy, with getting utterly traumatized from lesser people's pretentious sleeping arrangements and your war dogs suffering accidents
NO, not my war dogs! And stupid peasants, thinking this Fortress allows equal rights!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 02:29:18 pm »

25th Timber, 1156 Late Autumn

Goblin ambushes keep running into the mass of zombies, and are swiftly overwhelmed. I drafted another 2 legendary dwarves, they will be equipped with maces. Well, morningstars, exactly, we got some from the humans. It's one of those things we really should learn to make on our own, sometimes.

The ghosts turned out to be fallen necromancers. They haven't done this so far, so I'm still puzzled why it happened. I fear my meddling with the fabric of reality caused it, somehow...

A legendary pump operator turned miner wannabee militiadwarf fell a single level during channeling, and broke her back. She needs diagnosis, but it's pretty sure her lower spine is damaged beyond repair. She'll never walk again.

Our dyer was taken by a fey mood, and made Icetroubled the Spirit of Scars, a willow ring. Our wood stockpiles are dwindling. The bastard also used up a pig iron bar.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:56:53 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »

You are Space Cat, Speardwarf and champion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Recruit that poor crippled dwarf into the military anyway. Every fort needs an underdog who stands little to no chance in a real fight! That's the fun of seeing Urist McCrippled tearing off goblin heads with his teeth.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »

7th Opal, 1156

The crippled miner was rescued, and diagnosed by GWS with a broken spine. He's doing the best he can. She is a mother of 6, but also a competent swordsdwarf, who would have been the next to join the professional military. If she survives, I'll see to it that she still becomes a soldier.

Our 6 military dwarves clashed with an equal number of undead, allowed to pass our gate. 2 of them are in hospital, but a broken arm and a broken finger will heal. They are all upset about fighting corpses, but they'll get used to it, if they survive long enough.

Tragedy has struck! My friend, and one of the crippled recruit's children, Snot Bogie has been found dead, crushed by a coffin I ordered dumped into the vampire level (activated once any arrives). We won't forget you, kid. I ordered a slab made and placed in his parent's bedroom.

16th Granite, 1157 Early Spring

At long last, our rusty competent weaponsmith has withdrawn from society, and claimed the Magma Forge! Rejoice!
...oh. He likes copper. It's not that bad, considering we only mine tetrahedrite, native copper, and native gold.

And behold! Alath Tiristtost, Weaponsmith, has created Stettadtosed, a menacing copper spike!

3rd Hematite, 1157 Early Summer

I personally mined out some raw adamantine. Time for me to design some failsafes before mining the rest, and time for our strand extractor to earn his keep.
Booze almost ran out. Lazy brewer.

16th Galena, 1157, Late Summer

The humans, angered by the destruction of their caravans, sent a punitive expedition against us, that ran into the zombies. Serves them right. Now they see what we have to fight for survival.

Predictably, they killed some of the walking dead, suffered some casualties, and ran. Hopefully they'll realize their mistake.

NRDL grew attached to his steel battle axe and gave it a name. Here's why:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120914/axe_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
A pity, really, I was about to have an adamantine one made for him.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:31:18 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:55 am »

27th Galena, 1157 Late Summer

Our lack of booze disturbs me. I ordered the construction of a second still. Furthermore, I locked most of the children into the vampire quarters. They have a better dining room than us, and about 700 units of prepared meals are deposited there, but they'll have only water to drink. Which is only fair: no work, no booze. One of them went stark raving mad after failing a mood... whoopsie.

There are still simply too many of us. Too many useless fools, that is. I'm trying to come up with a solution...

OOC:
-shall I arrange about 30 accidents, so the population drops below pop cap and hopefully vampires immigrate? Or just raise the pop cap and hope for the best?
-what should I do with the adamantine?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 02:50:05 pm »

Alright, forget the vampire claim, I want to be a manager if vacant, or blacksmith. The murderous psychopath that kills his victims by dropping anvils on them.
Also, adamantine mugs for everyone!
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

Alright, forget the vampire claim, I want to be a manager if vacant, or blacksmith. The murderous psychopath that kills his victims by dropping anvils on them.
Also, adamantine mugs for everyone!
Current Manager/Chief Medical Dwarf:
Is it good for you, or I should pick a new manager? Any preference? Gender, attributes? There's a lot to choose from. I have only dabblers for blacksmiths, still waiting for a good mood...

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 04:44:32 pm »

I'm not a picky one, current manager will do.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »

I'm not a picky one, current manager will do.

Okay. I activated pump operator (for attribute gain) and blacksmith (hoping for mood) on you.

1st Timber, 1157 Late Autumn
Another denizen of the middle cavern arrived: the Forgotten Beast Muso has come! A gigantic hairy lacewing with a shell, that breathes fire.
I hope the caravan arrives safely, we are running out of wood, and the caverns are not safe.

2nd Moonstone, Early Winter

At least 2 of the caravan guards gave their lives to buy the merchants time to get to safety, when the undead siege intercepted them. No one could survive that, but our stonecrafters aren't willing to engrave their memorial slabs just yet.
We are hauling half the fortress to the trade depot, and then some. I didn't notice how much export-only stuff we accumulated.

Meanwhile, our clothier created a llama wool short skirt. It's of the highest quality, but as she was already a legend, I expected nothing less... or even a bit more. Short skirt, really? If she wears it and visits the upper levels, her hairy tights will freeze off faster than she can say 'Glacier'.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:17:05 pm by Tirion »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 06:11:59 pm »

Capture the lacewing. Use it as a third party once the vampires and necromancers start fighting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 06:18:19 pm »

Capture the lacewing. Use it as a third party once the vampires and necromancers start fighting.

Once any vampires come, I will  :P
Hopefully someone creates yet another artifact door or hatch cover by then, those are good bait.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 02:04:59 am »

My nickname is awesome  8)

Nice job, keep em coming!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »

6th Obsidian, 1157 Late Winter

A great feathered fly with noxious secretions (I don't comprehend, is there one without those?) has settled in the third cavern layer.
I'm half of a mind to make a big arena there, draft the useless idlers (fish cleaners, shearers, rangers etc) into squads, and let them duke it out somewhere we can safely retrieve the equipment from. It would be one way to combat overpopulation... hopefully without a despair-induced total collapse of law and order.

As of today, Chainhammer has been recognized as a county. Her Highness mastahcheese is ecstatic.

...and just now, another beast, a huge cuckoo with lidless eyes and deadly spittle. What's with all the freaks?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:55:42 pm by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »

Spring has come, and the elven diplomat with it. I guess we ended up building something new between our people. Of course one could argue that the forgotten beasts did the work.

I've decided to draft 20 losers and pit them against the forgotten beasts. Survivors may be admitted into proper military, extreme feats of valor can circumvent the legend rule.  Two squads, The Greatest Treaties, and The Helms of Faith, made up of a ragtag bunch of misfits equipped with whatever they choose from our considerable amount of invader loot, will battle up to half a dozen beasts. And may the crows feast upon the fallen.

7th Slate, 1158 Mid-Spring

The squads are arming themselves well, but a great dimetrodon, made of green glass, with webs, arrived to that cavern level. Well, at least one of them brought a whip, so this may be a success... there is a betting pool among the Legends here, about the outcome of Operation: Dead Dwarf Walking. The members of those squads keep asking me why the codename.

On second thought, we might need a backup plan against that green glass webber. I'll ask around for ideas.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:54:54 pm by Tirion »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »

but the problem persist, how the hell i can trap a FB!
Words can't tell this so I'll just draw it badly:
The distance between the bridge should be around a dozen of tiles and it'd better to lock the door.
I keep doing that in every fortress long-living enough, but since I play with a single cavern I never get a decent pool of FB's to choose from.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10