Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9770 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 05:11:31 am »

One of them has fire, the other has noxious secretions. Let's see how this goes, shall we?

EDIT: everyone died. Including the beasts. The dwarves, mostly from bleeding. The beasts, I don't know, I'm looking for answers in the combat reports.

NEVERMIND, it crashed. Damn. >:( >:( >:( back to after the elf ambush
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:55:56 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2012, 08:16:12 am »

4th Sandstone, 1159 Mid-Autumn

Just as in my dream, the goblin siege intercepted the human caravan. Their war leader survived this time, sending a mounted squad to scout our tunnel and then following with a squad of crossbowmen and lashers. I sent everyone against the first wave, but ordered the bridges raised so the lashers were trapped in the trashzombie compactor. Two brave recruits, novice hammerdwarved both, had rushed in there in their bloodlust, and died, hopelessly outnumbered and quickly crippled by lash strikes. Their bodies were destroyed when I ordered the lashers squashed.
All goblins are down, fortress awaiting dwarf caravan
Localized tantrum spiral in kindergarten. Contained.
Both expandables and professional swordsdwarf squad suffered 50% casualties. However, the formerly crippled captain of the swords is back on her feet, likely the spine injury was smaller than we thought.
Forgotten beast trap on second cavern level under construction.
Population at 98 dwarves. About a dozen more to go.

11th Timber, 1159 Late Autumn
Lured one forgotten beast, with deadly spittle, into trap. Sent reinforced recruit squads to deal with it. Done so without casualties. Monitoring survivors for syndrome exposure recommended.
Broker, GreatWyrmSuds, withdrew from society. Claimed Clothier's workshop.
Dwarf caravan arrived, was ambushed by goblins. Outpost liaison dead, will have to engrave slab. Traders got lucky, are in.
Broker has created adamantine coat. Worth $1382400. Lots of spikes, no pictures.
GreatWyrmSuds is now a legendary weaver.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:47:02 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »

Hey!  Can I get dorfed as a Macedwarve?
Name:Origami Psycho
Profession: seal clubber
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 06:46:28 am »

Hey!  Can I get dorfed as a Macedwarve?
Name:Origami Psycho
Profession: seal clubber
Good enough for you? Militia captain, one of our 2 legendary macedwarves. Probably attached to the bronze morningstar.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 07:41:44 am »

19th Granite, 1160 Early Spring

We cannot get out. We cannot get out.

Two undead sieges arrived, as the dwarven caravan left. One hammerdwarf guard was lost, probably will return as a ghost.
The forgotten beast trap got us into unscheduled trouble. The one breating fire killed 14 recruits and a handful of their children, then the one with rotting feet and noxious secretions sneaked in past the clouds of miasma- we thought it's just our dead rotting. WRONG. We lost an axelord and a macelord, along with some civilians, but we had put it down...but it appears the deaths are due to syndrome, not the beast's brute strenght. Only time will tell if it can wreak vengeance from it's grave.

Current population: 69 dwarves. I doubt anyone will want children here, either, I even heard a few whispers of emigration.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:53 am »

Can I see the coat I made?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 08:14:49 am »

Holy carping mother of clowns, I made a spikey adamantine coat? With marble cabochans, wood and adamantine bands, and some sort of cave croc bone decoration? Geez, that's a a coat worthy of a king! Can my dwarf wear it until we get one?
Wait, it's named Thirstvanishes...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 08:21:06 am »

Holy carping mother of clowns, I made a spikey adamantine coat? With marble cabochans, wood and adamantine bands, and some sort of cave croc bone decoration? Geez, that's a a coat worthy of a king! Can my dwarf wear it until we get one?
Wait, it's named Thirstvanishes...

Fitting name, the king is a vampire. He's hiding it, but you'd think someone would get suspicious after the first 1000 years.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 02:18:34 pm »

Olon Umbratour, a lucky Clerk who was drafted but happened to be asleep when the Forgotten Beasts annihilated those squads, was taken by a fey mood and created

It's worth $26640 according to our broker GreatWyrmSuds, creator of the majestic adamantine coat.

Professional squads have been restored to nominal strenght. The Fortress Guard, a crossbow unit including myself, is training on caged prisoners, but they are in short supply. Necromancer-powered alternative training setup under construction.

A goblin siege massacred the undead horde. Then the goblin grinder decimated them, andour soldiers massacred the rest.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:43:51 pm by Tirion »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 02:30:40 pm »

Wow, bands of leather and bone, spikes of bone and copper, a gem image of a hydra fighting dwarves, and...rings of cloth and sunstone.
Sig

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2012, 03:54:32 pm »

7th Limestone, 1160 Early Autumn

This year's human caravan was ambushed by... elves. Lots and lots of elves, with not only polar bears but also all manner of exotic giant bugs and birds. How they weren't frozen in this glacier is beyond me. Anyway, some of them found their way in our tunnels, and were killed, but one of our swordsdwarves (the one who didn't have a miraculous recovery from a spine nerve injury) will never walk again. Then again, in that unit, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Anyway, the knife-ears scared away the traders, and made us realize both our corpse and our trade good stockpiles are overflowing.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:09:43 pm by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »

15th Moonstone, 1160 Early Winter

Gods be blessed, our caravan got inside without incident. We sold them our stockpiles of leather and bone armor, leftovers from the early metal-less days.
Construction of zombie archery range is underway. A veritable mountain of corpses is dumped in, and one of the necromancers will be chained within sight of it, behind fortifications, a raising bridge, and windows. The marksdwarves will shoot from a gallery. Line of sight will be turned off at will by a retracting bridge covering the hole in the center of the gallery.
One of the surviving children, a fat little 8 years old, became all secretive and created

It's worth $38400. She is the daughter of the Captain of the Guard and a dead hammerdwarf. She's quite clumsy and remarkably flimsy, but unless too many vampires arrive, may live to grow up.

I hope the caravan leaves as peacefully as it arrived.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2012, 09:44:23 pm »

It's a wood ring, but it has images of our fortress and my sweet coat! That makes it way dwarfy!
Sig

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:24 am »

25th Granite, 1161 Early Spring

Migrants arrived. 5 mortals, one of them a 14 year old children. One competent swordsdwarf, the rest is hauling material.
Our amrorer withdrew from society, and picked up an adamantine wafer on his way to the magma forge. The result is worth $1341600

...Dat name. :o
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10