Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress  (Read 9780 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chainhammer - Necromancers vs Vampires- A Community Fortress
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »

I have lost a pet recently. Guess that makes me see the war dog impaling project in a different light.  :(
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »

The shield should go to the head marksdwarf.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »

18th Felsite, 1161

The walking dead came again to besiege us. I'm now an adequate marksdwarf, with about a dozen zombies on my kill list (from the archery range, not the siege. We closed the gates on those.). Iwethi Fragrantadored, princess of the treacherous elves, ambushed the zombies with a squad of swordselves. It will be fun to watch, though the zombies stole the pleasure of doing it ourselves.

Screw that. There are probably more elves and war beasts than zombies out there. The ambush alarm was sounded 17 times, and counting.

Steel gauntlets and high boots have been made for all military personnel.

2nd Hematite, 1161 Early Summer

The elves defeated the zombies with heavy casualties, then sent some commandoes to our entrance tunnel. Turns out, their caravans reported all the traps of the goblin grinder to their military. Those cheating little treehuggers! I ordered the military to meet them in the trade depot's hall, but NRDL rushed out to the open, attacking several mounted elves at once, blocking all their vicious attacks.
On some level, I can understand why they ran away.

This guy is a god of war.

Also, as some kind of russian reversal, the Seal Clubber has kicked in a war horse's head. Badass.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:08:31 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2012, 08:12:33 pm »

This is just plain awesome
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »

26th Malachite, 1161 Mid-Summer

4 more useless migrants arrived and made it safely inside. This made us bold enough to go out and retrieve the bodies of our ghostly caravan guard duo... as an answer to that, a third one has risen. Well, screw this, there are hundreds of decaying corpses out there, we were lucky to spot these two.

Current fort population: 79
Number of vampires: still 0.

A seven-year old girl got fey and created an unremarkable horse bone mini-forge.

1st Limestone, 1161 Early autumn

The human caravan arrived this year with all the stuff we ordered and made it safely to the depot. We traded some binfuls of crafts and used clothes for the usual surface plants and booze and a lot of ores and unusable but meltable iron items we ordered from their merchant guild.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:01:50 pm by Tirion »

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2012, 01:21:51 pm »

I request a Dorf!
And a medical dwarf at that. And I demand an Adamantine bed. And three doors.
I guess I'd like a hospital too, but the three doors are more important.

If a medical dwarf is unavailable or a pain in the rear, I'd love a miner/militia.
This signature was EDITed for tpyos.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 02:06:58 pm »

I request a Dorf!
And a medical dwarf at that. And I demand an Adamantine bed. And three doors.
I guess I'd like a hospital too, but the three doors are more important.

If a medical dwarf is unavailable or a pain in the rear, I'd love a miner/militia.

I'll see what I can do about the adamantine, but we have not one but 2 hospitals, to make an eventual vampire military+designated food quarantine feasible.
3 doors is more adamantine than what we have now, but you can have the hospital.
What should I call you?

Di is currently both manager and chief medical dwarf, in addition to being a member of the fortress guard and regularly training marksdwarfship on zombies. I shall make thee the new Chief Medical Dwarf, named, until further notice, MrGrau. As we have no dwarves with serious medical expertise, I shall look at the population and dwarf you as one with high disease resistance and altruism.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:14:12 pm by Tirion »

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:03 pm »

Oh, the door and bed thing was just a really bad joke >_>
However, I'd like my name to be Grau. Thanks mate

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2012, 02:25:46 pm »

You are our only dedicated woodcutter, and this year you fell your first tree in this fortress (high risk that it was an elven agent). You're a widow of a recruit killed by a forgotten beast's syndrome, father of one living 7 year old daughter who had no mood so far (nor had you for that matter).

My guess is that seeing how we lack dedicated healers and how our CMD/manager/fortress guard Di is overwhelmed with his duties, you volunteered to replace him as chief medical dwarf.

Sorry for the wife, man.

OR

you could be one of our fresh migrants, who just now grew up to be a peasant at 14 years old. Quite durable is the only physical stat description, but finds others VERY rewarding and easily moved to pity. No moods so far. Living parents in the same migrant wave, but dead older brother by forgotten beast earlier here. Has a cavy sow pet, I'll kill that one. Sorry for the brother, and the cavy sow (in advance).

Which one you choose?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:36:47 pm by Tirion »

MrGrau

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

What do you mean my axe isn't a medical utensil? Who's the Doctor here, boy?
I'd love the woodcutter! And my thanks for your condolences

I'm having difficulties seeing any images you post, would you be able to post my woodcutting doctor image again with a different image host, if you don't mind?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2012, 02:50:58 pm »

What do you mean my axe isn't a medical utensil? Who's the Doctor here, boy?
I'd love the woodcutter! And my thanks for your condolences

I'm having difficulties seeing any images you post, would you be able to post my woodcutting doctor image again with a different image host, if you don't mind?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/cmdgrau.jpg/

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2012, 02:56:49 pm »

2nd Sandstone, 1161 Mid-Autumn

4 more migrants, a nineteen old child, 2 useless fisherdwarves (brace yourselves, another round of forgotten beast-powered population control is coming) and a great diagnostician/wound dresser who is very suspectible to disease.

The Tundra Titan Alen Lemiskenis Istbarsebir has come! An enormous feathered gopher. It has large mandibles and it moves deliberately. Beware it's webs! Oh, crap. Let's just close the gates and see if the caravan can kill it.
Some lazy bloke pulled the lever too late, and it got in. Our military waited for it in the trade depot hall, and greeted it with a hail of wooden bolts. Then our champion Space Cat flanked it, avoiding it's webs, and killed it with a single stab in the head with his spear. Badass military is badass.

Dwarf caravan arrived. Another forgotten beast with poisonous vapors came to the second cavern layer. I foresee an interesting population reduction project.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:59:16 pm by Tirion »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »

2nd Sandstone, 1161 Mid-Autumn
...Then our champion Space Cat flanked it, avoiding it's webs, and killed it with a single stab in the head with his spear. Badass military is badass.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have some awesome names going here. There's that artifact which may or may not be an innuendo, now this spear which is "the Beloved Chant" of "Space Cat Nationcrystals the Ultimate Worship of Speaking." Almost as awesome as Cacame Apebald the Immortal Onslaught the Elven King of Dwarves. Praise the Random Number God!

Also, I spy a goblin named Mato Monstrousnuts in that kill list. That's pure gold there!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:19:29 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »

9th Obsidian, 1161 Late Winter

One of our trainee armorers was taken by a fey mood and created an awesome adamantine breastplate. He became our second legendary armorsmith, which is good, especially now that we are using our imported supply of steel to make full steel armor for our military. (Myself included. Muhaha.)

Archery training is dull but safe, though twice, smaller undead (a kobold skeleton and a goblin arm) have been propelled up a level into the fortifications, but thankfully not through it. Fortress guard members are now proficient to expert marksdwarves and archers. When we hit legendary, we'll stop using the zombies and switch to metal bolts.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:41:42 pm by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2012, 04:01:53 pm »

17th Slate, 1162 Mid-Spring

5 more completely useless migrants arrived. I wonder what His Majesty hopes to accomplish with this.
Steel armor has been forged for all military dwarves, now they should equip it... this will take time, I see.
We started using our growing stockpiles of silk and plant cloth to sew images to items, it boosts trade value nicely.

Another forgotten beasts came to the second cavern level, Usa, a huge scaly spider with poisonous bite. I ordered a mason team to create an archery bunker in the forgotten beast trap room, so we can kill those safely if necessary. So far they aren't coming for the bait, though.

17th Felsite, 1162 Late Spring

Speak of the devil. The great spider walked into the trap. We shall see if it can stand up to our bolts.
An elven... CARAVAN arrived. I say, target practice. Their diplomat too. We took him down before he could poison mastahcheese with his sweet lies.
Morul Graspedrampart killed Usa and earned the name the Messiah of Ivy. Good one.

21th Hematite, 1162 Early Summer

Githu, forgotten beast with rotting feet and poisonous vapors, was killed with a headshot by a masterful titan bone bolt fired by the Carpenter. He got no name out of it. One more beast to go... though the cavern is better left alone, the lakes are white with beast toxin.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:58:58 pm by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10