- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47301 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »

((You mean, 'accidently incinerated his face with a laser shotgun cause my eye-hand co-ordination is shit'?))
You said this:
((Come on, I'm that shit a shot? that's insulting.))
Picks up gun and knife and heads back to the rover
(muttering) fuck,fuck,fuck. (into radio) Umm... guys, anyone want a gun?

You only asked the guys if they needed a gun. So I'll say it again. Only Jim knows you killed Damien, and he seems to be taking it well. The others will probably ask you where he went when you get back, depending on how much they care. You can tell them what happened, or make something up. Depending on what you say they may or may not believe you. The consequences of the incident all depend on what you and the others decide to do.

Action turns in a bit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:03:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2012, 06:56:53 pm »

((Ok, I understand thanks.))

((When are we starting again?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:30:04 pm by Mr.FancyPants »
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »

((I'm pretty much just waiting... I already did my action.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:42 pm »

((Really, they're going to blame me? Damn.))
(When we get there) Gets out
Can someone come help me with the gear and Jim here?
Goes to help Jim out of the rover to look at the crack in his visor.
Perrin- it's fine. I know that it was an accident," Jim said to the medic, not through the radio but via (careful) helmet to helmet contact.

After driving for a short while you slow down and park the rover near the survey team. It looks like they found some sort of liquid buried in the ground and Vincent is taking samples of it and mixing it with strangely coloured chemicals, nodding slowly. Aneos seems to be scribbling on a sheet of paper and having a hard time with whatever he is doing. Jay is thrashing about on the ground and you can see some sort of gas venting from the back of his suit. George is standing over him and is visibly hyperventilating, but he seems to be calming down. He has a smoking gun in his hands.

You jump down off the rover, helping Jim to the ground. Taking a look at his visor, the crack seems to be about the size of your fingernail. Its located on lower right-hand edge of the visor (from Jim's point of view its on the left. You're in front of him). You set your pack on the ground and quickly root through it. You pull out some epoxy to seal the crack, and medical tape to cover it. If you try to fix it you might do more harm than good. Once the Living Quarters is erected Jim can replace the visor himself, but it might not be able to wait. You consider your options carefully.

Lay down and attempt to ignore the pain.
"Anyone want to help me here?"
You slip your pack off and set it down next to you, painfully drop to one knee, and then lie face-down on the ground.
Hey jackass. Fix me.

Try to draw a better map. "I think I'm never going near lava on this planet. Or any other planet. Ever again. Ever."
You stare at your map. Willing it to become better. BE BETTER.
[5, +1 nav] Your drawing carbon is a blur on the page, graphite and eraser shavings fly everywhere. When the dust clears, you view your handiwork, and immediately swell with pride. Its.. beautiful….

Your new map contains a detailed sketch of the landing site, the lava pool, and the other landmarks you've located (ice block, boulder, speck on the horizon). Using this map to navigate, you can actually get around faster than you normally would, as long as its in your hands. ((Disclaimer: the image depicted is not representative of your actual map, it is merely used as an illustration to show how fucking awesome your mapping skills are, and how detailed it is. enjoy))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Goes and examines the wound on Jay's back.
Sorry mate, it's been a bit hectic around here today. You'll be fine.
Attempt to fix the wound.
You put your gun away, unsure about what came over you, and check out Jay's wound as he struggles, screaming into his radio. Hectic?! I'll show you HECTIC!

Putting your knee on his back to stop him from squirming, you examine the breach in his suit. Its venting air rapidly. There's nothing you can do about the bullet thats inside him, but you think you Jim could rig a patch job on the hole to stop him from suffocating. You look for him, it looks like Perrin is tapping on his visor as he tries to slap his hand away. Jay has a few minutes at most before he begins to asphyxiate.

Jim re-mounts the rover and begins carefully piloting it back to the survey team, looking for a good place to set up the living quarters in the area.

"Perrin- it's fine. I know that it was an accident," Jim said to the medic, not through the radio but via (careful) helmet to helmet contact.
[/spoiler]
Perrin already took you to the site. He's busy examining your visor so you can't move to look around.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »

Once Perrin is done examining his visor, Bim goes over to path up Jay's suit.

"Stand back- Hold still Jay, I'll try to patch up your suit."

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:38 pm »

While waiting for the quarters to be set up, fashion my makeshift shield into a more effective shield. Don't lose it.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »

Chooses to try to fix the visor.
You should be good for now, looks like Jay need's your help.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2012, 09:17:32 pm »

RAGE! And possibly fall unconcious depending on the roll.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:28 pm »

Just remembered I can post from my iTouch. Epic.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »

After cataloging the water sample, Vincent goes to find whoever had Damien's knife and go grab it for a blood sample of the centipede, also to get his gun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2012, 10:54:38 pm »

((I do that a lot. It may be inconvenient sometimes, but it works.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »

((I do that a lot. It may be inconvenient sometimes, but it works.))

((most of the posts I make are from an IPad))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2012, 12:22:02 am »

Once Perrin is done examining his visor, Bim goes over to path up Jay's suit.

"Stand back- Hold still Jay, I'll try to patch up your suit."
You decide to wait for Perrin to patch your visor. Then you remember how the klutz managed to blow Damien away and you begin to question your decision.

There's no way he can cut two heads off in one day.. right?…...right??!……..

While waiting for the quarters to be set up, fashion my makeshift shield into a more effective shield. Don't lose it.

You fold and neatly stow the map, satisfied with the results of your survey. Turning your attention to the shield, you heft it and look it over. There's not much you can do here. The entire plate is in the approximate shape of a rectangle. The edges are rather jagged, and its a little too big for you to see around. You suppose you could get Jim to smooth them out and make the profile cleaner so you can improve your fields of vision around and over the top of the shield, or you can encourage the current shape and make it a little more dangerous, both for you, and any potential opponents. The circuitry and wires on the inside of the shield are a tangled mess. You can fit your arm through them like a sleeve and manoeuvre the plate quite well, but getting the damned thing back off takes you a bit of effort. The plate is completely flat, and any blows to the edges or centre that are particularly heavy could damage its figure, or crack it in two. If you had a way to heat the plate, you think you could work it into a different shape thats lighter and smaller, or make it concave to help deflect strikes and gunfire.

Chooses to try to fix the visor.
You should be good for now, looks like Jay need's your help.
You attempt to repair the visor, moving slowly and deliberately. [1] You slam your gloved fist directly into Jim's faceplate. The crack spiders outwards and covers the entirety of its surface, but luckily doesn't shatter. Somehow the helmet's pressurisation hasn't been compromised, and Jim remains among the living. You dust your hands off and put your gear back into your pack, commenting nonchalantly:
You should be good for now, looks like Jay needs your help.

Jim is now blind. Someone else can try to save Jay but they're less likely to be successful.

RAGE! And possibly fall unconcious depending on the roll.
You attempt to knock the bastard off of you in a fit of RAGE. [2] You RAGE as hard as you can, but you end up lying there, struggling helplessly as George holds you down. All this screaming has left you light-headed and you decide to take a nap.

Jay is now lethargic.

((You should probably let them help you.))

After cataloging the water sample, Vincent goes to find whoever had Damien's knife and go grab it for a blood sample of the centipede, also to get his gun.
((Almost forgot about this one. Also, good eye. I forgot that Damien got a few stabs in with that one))
You record the data and take a small vial of water as a sample. You head over to Perrin and grab the knife from its sheath on his belt, drawing it quickly and looking at it. The blood is dried by now and smeared from when Perrin slid it back into its holster. You wash the blade in a chemical treatment and attempt to retrieve a tissue sample from the knife's. You find a small scrap of muscle on the teeth of the knife's serrated edge. You place the sample on a plastic film and slide the film into a glass sheet about the size of your thumb (in case you've never looked at a microscope before). You slot the glass sheet into your scanner.

Scanner: Working….
Estimated analysation duration: 21 hrs.

You will be able to view the results tomorrow morning. For now you stow the scanner in your pack.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:04:14 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2012, 12:38:57 am »

((No way, three 1's in a row? No. just, No.))

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2012, 12:53:41 am »

Assembles Quarters
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55