- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47046 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Out of Character Thread
Stasis pods line the Migrant Compartment. Small status lights wink a deep bluish hue that spills out across the dull steel bulkhead, deepening the gloom that envelops deck. The machinery purrs quietly through its cracked shell, spouting tubing and pipework that hisses and rattles deep into the cavernous bulkhead of the freighter Mythology, which has been underway now for nearly a decade.

As the freighter approaches the end of its hushed journey, green text plays across the inside of your eyelids as the pod's subroutines engage, lulling your consciousness out of its slumber and prompting your input.

Migrant, who are you? I reserve the right to edit your character sheet. Mostly just for grammar and clarifications to your chosen traits. I may also remove, alter, or even add items to your inventory!

Who Has Embarked on This Voyage? Please check your migrant's final inventory here.
Spoiler: Migrant Charters (click to show/hide)

Super-Duper Warning/Reminder!
YOU MAY BE SUBJECTED TO ADVERSE GRAVITATIONAL OR ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS
KEEP IN MIND THE PLANET THAT HAS BEEN CHOSEN WHILE CONSIDERING YOUR INVENTORY

Have a pleasant journey migrant.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:45:10 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Run and Gun
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:27 pm »

Gameplay:
All actions are to be bolded and all in-character dialogue is to be italicised and may be coloured. Out-of-character dialogue is to be contained within ((a double set of parentheses)). Multiple actions may be undertaken at once, and will be performed in the order and manner specified, and each take the according amount of time to accomplish.

The dice rules are thus:
[Lower Than 1] - Blew Up In the Hanger: You are guaranteed to lose limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The severity of the loss goes in accordance with however many points below 1 you have fallen.
[1] - Utter Loss: It didn't work, and you've likely made the situation worse in the process.
[2] - Failure: Whatever you were trying to do, it didn't pan out.
[3] - Ineffective: Your action was successful, but it hardly made a difference.
[4] - Success: It worked, and with the intended results.
[5] - Pure Victory: The action went just as you planned it, and you even managed to get something else in too.
[6] - Pyrrhic: The action went as planned, but with unexpected side effects.
[Higher Than 6] - I Don't Understand: You are guaranteed to gain limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The value of the gain goes hand-in-hand with the amount of points above 6 that you have risen.

Example: Draws submachine gun and unloads in the nearest hostile creature's face.  Die hellspawn! [5 Weak eyesight -1, rifle champion +1, well within range +1=6] Your weapon blares and the monster's twisted face is instantly eviscerated, exploding in a magnificent shower of blood and grey matter, staining the walls of the cavern a deep crimson as he slumps to the ground. You also hit Joe in the arm. Why did you hit Joe in the arm?

Inventory:
The items in your Equipment section will be dropped with and stored in the Rover. If you want to use something you need to go pick it up first. Credits are stored electronically through the MRU. You gain Community Credits by establishing industries in the colony, or by donating to the community out of your own pocket. The amount of pooled community credits can be viewed by accessing the MRU. Personal credits can only be viewed by using your Personal MRU Card, which is on your person at all times. Any clothing specified in your inventory will not be visible through your Atmosphere Suit, which you will be wearing upon landing at the colony, but you may remove the Atmosphere Suit if it has been established that the environment is safe for human beings.

The MRU:
Any colonist can requisition personal items using the MRU which will be delivered instantly to the user's pack. Energy battery packs can also be recharged at the MRU for a price. Community Credits must be used to request larger items such as structures and vehicles. Item prices will be determined on a case-to-case basis. You can ask for anything.

A REMINDER TO RANGED WEAPONS USERS
Ballistic weapons are severely outdated in this age. Some people still use them for their stopping power, mostly hunters. An energy weapon can potentially be more deadly than a rifle, but keep in mind that if a creature is charging you, it will not slow down when you shoot it. In contrast, most energy weapons' projectiles will continue forever, with only a few exceptions to the rule. Thus, they have no maximum range.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:35:28 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:45 pm »

Spoiler: -Colony Records- (click to show/hide)

Votes on the planet to be colonised will now be taken. If you have already voted and are changing your vote please state what you were changing it from, and then what you are changing it to.
VOTES:
Planet H-3, The Lava World 1
Planet M-5, The Jungle World 2
Planet L-12, The Desert Tundra World 3

Here's a bit of exposition to help you choose

If you guys pick H-3 I could dream up some epicly huge lava monsters for you to fight and perform research on for the sake of !!SCIENCE!!. You'll probably get fried trying to catch a giant flaming centipede but hey, !!SCIENCE!!. :/

L-12 is planned to be mostly player versus environment. Struggling against natural disasters and surviving unusual encounters (razor rain, radiation storms, getting lost in the dunes and seeing strange things in the distance, maybe freezing to death while fighting off creepy monsters. Bad things happened here, the miners disappeared after all.). Plenty of dying from unknown diseases and being ravaged by the planet's natural aversion to life.

M-5 will be a vine-cutting exploration adventure and you will encounter curious plant life with strange properties and a mysterious origin for you to discover. Lots of face-melting and getting strangled and cut in half by super-hybrid plants. 'Hybrid you say? What do you mean by that?' You'll just have to see for yourself Migrant!

If you screw up I'm going to murder the ever loving shit out of you so be cautious Migrant!

I've spent a lot of time on the plot for these planets, so choose wisely!

No planet will have any particular advantage over the other. Your choice simply dictates the plot and the nature of the obstacles that you will face.

PLANET H-3 WAS CHOSEN
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:10:35 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »

I've always wanted to get in one of these, but never had the opportunity. Well, I guess now I do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:08:35 am »

WHAT THE HECK, MIGHT AS WELL.

What Is Your Name Migrant?: George Formwell

Describe Yourself, Migrant: George spent his young life learning how to hunt in the galaxy's wilderness'. He never grew large but, he grew intelligent. He's pretty skinny, whit bright blue eyes, dusty black-ish hair, and a golden smile. He has a soft spot for beast, and hates those who take nature away from him.

What Skills Do You Have, Migrant?: Hunting Survivalist: Sniping, improvised weaponry, Aversion to Beast (AKA He's good with Animals.)

What Did You Bring On Your Voyage, Migrant?: Atmosphere Suit, 2 Days Food, 5 Days Water, 32 Hours Oxygen, Sniper Rifle, Random Animal Feed, Machete, random trinkets, including String, Duct Tape, the like, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Where will you settle, Migrant? Planet E-3.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 01:23:40 am »

Name : Damien Snow.
Description : 6ft tall and lightly built   with extremely fast reflexes. He was born a psychopath and so lacks any emotion but is extremely loyal to those he considers family. He left he's home to escape the law and find a new place where he is not known. Hes body is laced with scars. He married young to the only woman who ever touched he's heart but her and hes daughter were killed by an enemy attempting to kill Damien , They succeeded Damien died with he's family and a new more violet one replaced him.
Skills : Short range combat , Interrogation , Knife fighting. Security Expert.
Equipment : Standard kit plus a pump action shotgun and ammo 2x semi automatic pistols strapped to hes legs and 2x large combat knifes strapped to hes back plus a black hood and crimson face plate and 1 necklace with a cross and 2 wedding rings on it though only reminder of he's lost family.
Planet settled : Ill go with the others choices.                                   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:29:41 pm by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 01:26:33 am »

Can i reserve a spot please ill do a char once im home from work.
Yes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 01:57:56 am »

Reserved- I'll do a sheet in the morning.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:30 am »

Not reserving but this looks good so I'll post to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:36 am »

Not reserving but this looks good so I'll post to watch.
Very well.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:34:08 am »

What Is Your Name Migrant?: George Martin
Describe Yourself, Migrant: Standing at a respectable 6'1", George is a strongly-built man with brown hair and green eyes. He used to work for the *insert major nation here* military as a combat engineer, but after ten (10) years of work building trenches, bases, and more for the army, he decided he wasn't getting paid enough for the work he was doing (working under enemy fire, practically unarmed), and decided not to re-enlist. Then, he looked around a bit before settling on the idea of migrating to a colony. M-5 seemed like a good idea...

What Skills Do You Have, Migrant?: Combat Engineer- construction, mechanical repairs (i.e. general machines, cars, etc.), explosives.

What Did You Bring On Your Voyage, Migrant?: Class A Atmosphere Suit, 2 days worth of dry rations, 5 days worth of water, 32 hours of oxygen, mining explosive, standard-issue military sidearm, entrenching tools, and toolbox (for repairs).

((Make the toolbox whatever seems reasonable.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:50:18 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:48 am »

(( Im sure we can go explore another planet later on. Assuming we live that long. ))

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 11:29:34 am »

What Is Your Name Migrant?: Jay Cin

Describe Yourself, Migrant: A skinny, average guy with brown hair and light skin, suggesting he is bettter at computer work and electronics than hard labor

What Skills Do You Have, Migrant?: Engineer - Computers, Electricity, Physics

What Did You Bring On Your Voyage, Migrant?: Other than standard items, he brought an antique black powder revolver, circa 1860, because it was a family heirloom. However, he brought no powder or ammo.

What planet are you colonizing, Migrant?: Planet M-5
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:54:44 am by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

Well, I changed my vote to M-5. The call of the jungle is just too strong.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »

Ill play tie breaker if it comes to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55