Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53032 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »

Hapah:
I also received one card that I haven't claimed.
When?
Last night.

And yes, the card I didn't fullclaim is one that loses some effectiveness if I claim it.
Is the loss in effectiveness from claiming it due to its own effect or just the element of surprise?
The latter.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2012, 07:11:42 am »

UI:
Tiruin:
EBWOP: I know someone is lying.

I got blocked last Night from acting -- Summon Creature.
Yes, and the one lying is you. Summoning a creature takes up your night action. If you were blocked from doing that, how did you use your - of Clubs on TolyK?
- of Clubs on TolyK?
Wut.

I didn't even use that card. How in the world did you get that thought?

UI: If none of the previous creatures can attack in the same night they're summoned, in the coming nights, will they be able to do so in full force (if more than one is on field)? Also, scumpicks?
Why so interested? The only creature that won't be able to attack tonight is the one I summon tonight.

Scumpicks: You, maybe Hapah.
Scum can't answer a simple question when I can't affect any of your cards. Why so scared of telling?

Also, I doubt you've actually got that lynch-only revive.
It's nice to hear your opinion. Doesn't help, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2012, 07:39:26 am »

Also, could you state why you picked me and Hapah as your top suspicions? Preferably with quotes and justification.

Alsoalso, what do you make of TolyK's case? His claim and others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2012, 08:35:28 am »

EEBWOP (I hate you preview button -_-)

Summoned Creatures:
Sliver Queen (7/7): Every evening I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N1. Attacked Deathsword N2.
Brood Sliver (3/3): Whenever a Sliver I control deals damage to a player, I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N2.

None of the previous five can attack the same night they're summoned.

Other Creatures:
Sliver (1/1): Spawned D2 by Sliver Queen's effect. Attacked Deathsword N2.
Sliver (1/1): Spawned N2 by Brood Sliver's effect.
Sliver (1/1): Spawned N2 by Brood Sliver's effect.

And what is this
@bold: Is there a question there?
@orange: I rounded "evening" to "day."

You say the green part, and I'm assuming you mean the Sliver attacked the same night it was summoned by the second green part.

Can your Slivers deviate from your law right there?

Everyone: Health taken in the preceding days?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2012, 08:52:50 am »

I considered not using it, but I decided I'd rather not just potentially unilaterally end the game.  Plus, wanted to see if anyone else claimed it.

The Letter Bomb is a day action.  Choose a target- that target is PMed by the mod with a choice to take it or not (must decide before next post).  If you take it, you get the card and take nine damage.  I took it like a sucker D2.

So...judging from what you said in the here, it has two abilities?

And I'll be busy in the next few hours...work work work work work to do as Finals are coming up.

Again, sorry for the botched posting.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2012, 11:01:28 am »

You say the green part, and I'm assuming you mean the Sliver attacked the same night it was summoned by the second green part.
Yes. The only sliver that was unable to attack last night was Brood Sliver.

Can your Slivers deviate from your law right there?
It's not a law - it's an effect listed on all five of my cards that I was too lazy to type out for each. Generic slivers are not bound to it (hence me stating it before claiming the generic slivers).

Everyone: Health taken in the preceding days?
No damage N1, 1 damage N2.

I thought you had confirmed his action by using your club card. Tiredness kills.

But you're still lying - as far as I can tell, you're claiming you summoned your diamonds creature N2, were blocked from doing so, then managed to attack Deathsword with it anyway. And someone other than me damaged him, because my attack only did 8 damage.

Scum can't answer a simple question when I can't affect any of your cards. Why so scared of telling?
You didn't read anything beyond "Why so interested?" did you. I answered your question. But since you don't want to answer mine, I'll ask again. Why so interested?

How did you get two abilities out of that?

Also, could you state why you picked me and Hapah as your top suspicions? Preferably with quotes and justification.
You because your claim is contradicting itself.
Hapah because he has a secret that he's not willing to share.

Alsoalso, what do you make of TolyK's case? His claim and others.
Not sure. It's entirely possible he and Toaster sent in the same card (I mean, if I hadn't thought of slivers I probably would have sent in Censorship too), and his case would be questionable were he actually voting Toaster for it.

Although, thank you for reminding me. I do have a couple questions for
TolyK:
Why send in Forsaken Wastes?
Why use Forsaken Wastes?

Hapah:
Last night.
Do you know who you got it from?

The latter.
Then claim it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2012, 11:15:26 am »

PFP

I missed the call for HP. I took no damage N1 and 1 damage N2.

How much info do we have for everyone's N1/N2 actions? I really do apologize for how I've been playing, folks.

Toaster: Why aren't you dead? If you took 9 from the letter and (I assume) 1 from Forsaken Wastes?

UI: Concerning your two questions

1.) I don't know who it came from. It does have a "pass it on" mechanic though.

2.) I'll give this some thought.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:19 am »

I thought you had confirmed his action by using your club card. Tiredness kills.

But you're still lying - as far as I can tell, you're claiming you summoned your diamonds creature N2, were blocked from doing so, then managed to attack Deathsword with it anyway. And someone other than me damaged him, because my attack only did 8 damage.
I have two Diamonds. One was unsummoned, (I actually had a card that could mimic any card I owned, day-use. Used it D1 on my Diamond) so...Summoned one N1. Summoned the other N2. The latter failed because roleblock.

Oh, and bro got exiled because he hit the 0/3 Deathy had. Did you miss the part where I said I had a replica of the Diamond? I guess you did.

You because your claim is contradicting itself.
Hapah because he has a secret that he's not willing to share.
It's nice to hear your opinion. Doesn't help, though.
This means, I want to see something backing up your statement on me. How am I contradicting? Preferably, state where, and straight to the point.

You didn't read anything beyond "Why so interested?" did you. I answered your question. But since you don't want to answer mine, I'll ask again. Why so interested?
Because I want to see how people died...we work on an HP system, therefore I'm interested in knowing such.

How did you get two abilities out of that?
Toaster says he can use it, or sounds like he can use it. But upon receiving it, he takes damage. So I'm counting the damaging effect as an ability (probably bad wording but that matches what I think when I hear 'ability')

Toaster: Why aren't you dead? If you took 9 from the letter and (I assume) 1 from Forsaken Wastes?
He claims he hit book with the 5/1 brother, then tentacled him.

As a good note: I sent my Diamond after Bookthras N1, no other note other than a successful attack. So taking that in, his tentacle shouldn't have worked!

Unless...the tentacle worked before he attacked.

Bookthras HP:

At D2: 5 (guessing 10 is the base) due to my attack...or I hit a creature that isn't displayed because I pwn't it. :I

-4 = tentacle = 1
1 -5 = Bernie..

OR

5 -5 = Bernie...
0- 4?! = Tentacle.

As you can see, the latter seems impossible unless I did kill Book's creature if he summoned one N1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2012, 11:47:59 am »

Just got word from Leaf.

In my current state of mental stress, what I understand:

All actions happen at the same time, a living player can continue receiving damage to any level of negative health, and then if they have zero or negative health in the morning they die.

Roleblocks precede actions.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2012, 01:20:35 pm »

UI:
Toaster:
I didn't use it because I don't have a strong pick for scum right now[...]
Do you at least have reads?

Nothing concrete as of yet, but TolyK's objections to me seem invented and Tiruin is bugging my gut.  That's not enough to throw a vote at LYLO yet, though.   (All:  Don't forget we're hammers here)

Tiruin/Hapah:  I asked Leaf the same question about HP/gain loss last night, and got the same answer.  N1 I took no damage.  D2 I took 9 from the letter bomb.  N2 I took one from something burning, three from an attack, and healed four, putting me right back at a single HP.  Looks like I die tonight from the wastes unless someone can heal me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

PPE: This turned into quite a monolith...

What I wrote this morning but forgot to post: (:P)
TolyK:
EBWODP:
Hapah: Please claim what you did this night, and if you want your night action.
Please be active, since this is LyLo.
What do you mean here?
Uh... There are several errors in that text.
"Please claim what cards you have/had, and , if you want , your night action."
So why are you asking if he wants to claim his night action on a massclaim?
Because he might be wanting to check if anyone's lying or something, thus instead of saying his action asking a question to someone else.

TolyK:  My bad- that was a bit unclear.  I want to know why you think I'm acting strange, not what others say.
<Answered below>

Tiruin:
EBWOP: I know someone is lying.

I got blocked last Night from acting -- Summon Creature.
Yes, and the one lying is you. Summoning a creature takes up your night action. If you were blocked from doing that, how did you use your - of Clubs on TolyK?

Also, I doubt you've actually got that lynch-only revive.
Wait, where did he claim that he used his - of Clubs on me?

TolyK: Link for Blast Off?
Uh... I actually didn't save the image I sent, but it's from this set:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster: I think you were acting strange because you wanted to overkill Book (instead of attacking someone else you thought was scum), basically. It's not enough for me to think that you are scum with a very good precision (is that even correct English?), which is why I'm not voting you.

And someone other than me damaged him, because my attack only did 8 damage.
Wait, why did you attack him exactly?

Quote from: UI
Although, thank you for reminding me. I do have a couple questions for
TolyK:
Why send in Forsaken Wastes?
Why use Forsaken Wastes?
I sent it to see what it got, mostly. I remembered the card itself from a while ago, and I was hoping that with the Blast Off I could slowly kill off everyone else and be the last remaining, or something of that style. :P

I used it because I didn't want to no-action and I didn't know what to Censor. Censoring the Letter Bomb was something I considered, but I decided not to, since it was interesting to see what Toaster would do with it. Blasting Off I wanted to keep for emergency.

Actually, after I sent in my action I realized that Forsaken Wastes would likely kill Toaster, but he seemed like the best kill target at the time. If he had a healing ability, he would def. use it (who wants to be at 1 HP during the night?) and live to tell the tale.

Lost 1 HP this night.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2012, 05:43:43 pm »

I'll block out an hour tonight to get my legs under me again, but something does strike me as a little odd.

Tolyk: How suspicious were you of Toaster going into N2?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2012, 05:46:43 pm »

EBWOP: Missed the last bit of your last post. Still, that rubs me a little wrong.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2012, 12:39:15 am »

Alright folks, let's see if I still remember how to play this game.

First: What do we know? I'll try to list out all the night actions given so far. I can't speak to the validity of any actions, but getting them all in one place is a start. Let me know if I've missed something.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Now, there are a lot of unknowns for N2. There was a block nobody has claimed, the card I received that nobody has claimed, and 3 damage on Toaster that nobody has claimed. It is possible that all could be explained by the two who died N2, but keep an open mind and take nothing for granted.

As best I can tell, none of us have N1 actions that can be confirmed beyond the shadow of a doubt. They're all either attacks on dead men (Toaster and Tir?), summons but no attack (UI and myself) or just a spell that could be easily faked if he were actually scum (Tolyk). One of us five did the N1 nightkill, but we've got nothing solid.

N2, I don't even know for certain that there was a scumkill (Leaf: If someone got beat to death AND mafiakilled, would the flavor indicate both?) Tolyk's and Toaster's actions are likely as claimed (damage matches Tolyk's and Toaster would be dead).

Toaster: What happens if someone declines the letter bomb? (and as a side note, I believe the bomb originated with someone here)

Tir:
Why didn't you duplicate Ace of Spades?

I realize most of this isn't terribly insightful, but I find that it can be helpful to have information compiled into one spot (and it helps me think things through). Feel free to grab the post and make corrections if needed!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2012, 12:44:09 am »

UI:
Toaster:
I didn't use it because I don't have a strong pick for scum right now[...]
Do you at least have reads?

Nothing concrete as of yet, but TolyK's objections to me seem invented and Tiruin is bugging my gut.  That's not enough to throw a vote at LYLO yet, though.   (All:  Don't forget we're hammers here)

Tiruin/Hapah:  I asked Leaf the same question about HP/gain loss last night, and got the same answer.  N1 I took no damage.  D2 I took 9 from the letter bomb.  N2 I took one from something burning, three from an attack, and healed four, putting me right back at a single HP.  Looks like I die tonight from the wastes unless someone can heal me.
I took one from something burning too, saying that 1.

Also, can I bug you for answering my question in full?! What really made you attack Bookthras? In due logic, he and Zrk2 were my targets yesterday. Zrk2 went down, therefore...

What question?  "Why did I doubt?"  It's not that I doubted, it's that I was absolutely confident that Book was scum, more so than anyone else.  Your claimed kill didn't really matter to me- I was still going to attack him on my own.
Y.

Tir:[/b] Why didn't you duplicate Ace of Spades?
It's a day action for the duplication. If I did that, I would be dead right now as I was planning to use my nights to summon and probably the Queen, but fell back on the summoning idea. The Ace of Spades is moved in the Day.

Here,

[That card]: Use this ability during the day or the night.  This card becomes a copy of that one card selected in your hand. I can't change it once done.

Will be back in a few hours.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28