Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53085 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2012, 04:32:10 am »

EBWODP:
Hapah: Please claim what you did this night, and if you want your night action.
Please be active, since this is LyLo.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2012, 04:45:20 am »

I can confirm ToylK and his N2 action.
confirm ToylK and
Toylk
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
>_>
Sorry...personal mistake in remembering your username...

-That letter bomb-
So...could you enlighten us about your letter bomb, which seems to be out of place from your claim and Toaster's claim as he seems to be busy//offline?

EBWOP: By life-saver, it's passive and means just what it says on the tin. Saves my life in case of attack.
Lynch. Discards everything else for mine life.

In the meantime, Toaster: I did state that I would kill Bookthras. Any other reason on why you would do that? Why did you doubt me?
Didn't he already answer this?
He did, with the same wording that he answered UI.

"I wanted to be absolutely sure he was dead."

See the difference?

TolyK:
EBWODP:
What do you mean here?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:43 am »

TolyK:
EBWODP:
What do you mean here?
Uh... There are several errors in that text.
"Please claim what cards you have/had, and , if you want , your night action."

I meant to ask him to claim his cards, and (if he wanted to) claim what he did this night. Of course it's better if he claims what he did, but I want to see whether he wants to or not.

-That letter bomb-
So...could you enlighten us about your letter bomb, which seems to be out of place from your claim and Toaster's claim as he seems to be busy//offline?
I used Wandering Eye and learned that Toaster got a card which is called "Letter Bomb". The card itself contains the mechanics for receiving it. It's a day-use card.

I am waiting to see what Toaster does with it, whether he will claim it or use it (using it after claiming it would be silly :P).

EBWOP: By life-saver, it's passive and means just what it says on the tin. Saves my life in case of attack.
Question: So, you're saying that lynching you is a waste of time, or you're saying "don't lynch me"? And why were you saying "attack" before?

In the meantime, Toaster: I did state that I would kill Bookthras. Any other reason on why you would do that? Why did you doubt me?
Didn't he already answer this?
He did, with the same wording that he answered UI.

"I wanted to be absolutely sure he was dead."

See the difference?
Yes, and I also noticed that he didn't answer your question on why he doubted you. And I already pointed out that it seems a bit strange that he really really wanted him dead, as in he had an unhealthy interest in seeing him dead.

So, TL;DR is that I'm waiting to see what Toaster will do this day in regards to the Letter Bomb.

Toaster seems to be acting fairly strange, as several have noticed. There's also Hapah, who seems to be lurking.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2012, 07:12:07 am »

Question: So, you're saying that lynching you is a waste of time, or you're saying "don't lynch me"? And why were you saying "attack" before?
At the time of post, I was busy-ish IRL, stated a general word for what would trigger the card (attack came first to mind) until I noted the remaining cards, and therefore felt it safe to claim it in full (without the name). Now, whatever you can derive from that (ie the lynch), doesn't matter to me. It's all there, lynch - I live - discard, all cards.

...Why would I be saying "don't lynch me", to humor you?

On Hapah, he's been busy with RL atm, just hoping he would be able to scrounge up something (like his claim) soon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:24 am »

I can at least scrounge up the claim, sure.

Spoiler: Cards (click to show/hide)

N1 I summoned The Fool, N2 I used Judgement (discarding The Hanged Man) to look at Bookthras's hand (for all the good that did). It's worth noting that I probably would have done things a little different had I realized the stat boosts from the assorted cards are permanent; I thought they were until-end-of-turn boosts. I also received one card that I haven't claimed.

If anyone wants to replace in for me they're more than welcome, otherwise I'll try to step it up a bit (but work is going to be rough through at least Thursday, so I wouldn't expect miracles)

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

TolyK:
Sorry, but this seems a bit like you wanted him dead not because you thought he was scum, but because he was a pretty powerful opponent and you wanted him out for sure. Or something like that. Couldn't you have voted him out during the day, or did you think you didn't have a big enough case on him IF Tiruin's kill failed?

What?  This makes no sense.  I had been hounding him as scum since D1.  Why would I try to kill him when I had the chance?

Tiruin:
Also, Exodia cards missing are the Head and the Right Arm...So either someone copied the Right Leg (It seems confirmed, check the OP) or...someone picked another Exodia set!?

What?  I have the right arm.

I can confirm TolyK and the Letter Bomb.   (Dammit)
Note that I didn't say what it did.

I considered not using it, but I decided I'd rather not just potentially unilaterally end the game.  Plus, wanted to see if anyone else claimed it.

The Letter Bomb is a day action.  Choose a target- that target is PMed by the mod with a choice to take it or not (must decide before next post).  If you take it, you get the card and take nine damage.  I took it like a sucker D2.

Toaster seems to be acting fairly strange, as several have noticed.

[citation needed]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »

TolyK:
Sorry, but this seems a bit like you wanted him dead not because you thought he was scum, but because he was a pretty powerful opponent and you wanted him out for sure. Or something like that. Couldn't you have voted him out during the day, or did you think you didn't have a big enough case on him IF Tiruin's kill failed?

What?  This makes no sense.  I had been hounding him as scum since D1.  Why would I try to kill him when I had the chance?
I said a bit. Obviously you thought he was scum, and wanted him dead. But it would only make sense for you to "make sure" he was killed only if you didn't trust that Tiruin would kill Book during the night. So it just gave me a strange feeling. The "like you wanted..." part was me just throwing out a wild guess.

Toaster seems to be acting fairly strange, as several have noticed.

[citation needed]

Spoiler: Citations (click to show/hide)

Tiruin:
Also, Exodia cards missing are the Head and the Right Arm...So either someone copied the Right Leg (It seems confirmed, check the OP) or...someone picked another Exodia set!?

I considered not using it, but I decided I'd rather not just potentially unilaterally end the game.  Plus, wanted to see if anyone else claimed it.

The Letter Bomb is a day action.  Choose a target- that target is PMed by the mod with a choice to take it or not (must decide before next post).  If you take it, you get the card and take nine damage.  I took it like a sucker D2.
This is true.

I can at least scrounge up the claim, sure.

Spoiler: Cards (click to show/hide)

N1 I summoned The Fool, N2 I used Judgement (discarding The Hanged Man) to look at Bookthras's hand (for all the good that did). It's worth noting that I probably would have done things a little different had I realized the stat boosts from the assorted cards are permanent; I thought they were until-end-of-turn boosts. I also received one card that I haven't claimed.
Why did you look at Book's hand, instead of someone else's? Tiruin said he'd kill Book, so why'd you look at his hand if it didn't help?
And why haven't you claimed your last card received card? Or is it something of the sort of the Letter Bomb?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:36 pm »

I missed that he moved the kill to Book. And yes, the card I didn't fullclaim is one that loses some effectiveness if I claim it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »

PFP

Toaster: Could you state what your Seven of Wands did, along with answering my question?

Nobody has claimed having the centerpiece, Exodia, yet.

UI: If none of the previous creatures can attack in the same night they're summoned, in the coming nights, will they be able to do so in full force (if more than one is on field)? Also, scumpicks?

Summoned Creatures:
Sliver Queen (7/7): Every evening I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N1. Attacked Deathsword N2.
Brood Sliver (3/3): Whenever a Sliver I control deals damage to a player, I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N2.

None of the previous five can attack the same night they're summoned.

Other Creatures:
Sliver (1/1): Spawned D2 by Sliver Queen's effect. Attacked Deathsword N2.
Sliver (1/1): Spawned N2 by Brood Sliver's effect.

And what is this

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:55 pm »

EBWOP: I know someone is lying.

I got blocked last Night from acting -- Summon Creature.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2012, 05:34:59 pm »

Post button =/= Preview.

TolyK:
EBWODP:
What do you mean here?
Uh... There are several errors in that text.
"Please claim what cards you have/had, and , if you want , your night action."
So why are you asking if he wants to claim his night action on a massclaim?

@Toaster: So via PM, you accepted the letter bomb.

TolyK:

Tiruin:

So what is this?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2012, 05:59:44 pm »

Ok, I'm here.  I'm alive.  I should be able to moderate if at slightly erratic times.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2012, 08:47:54 pm »

TolyK:  My bad- that was a bit unclear.  I want to know why you think I'm acting strange, not what others say.

Tiruin:  I didn't claim it because I never saw it.  Think had it when he died- it's in the OP.  Not paying attention, are you?

What question?  "Why did I doubt?"  It's not that I doubted, it's that I was absolutely confident that Book was scum, more so than anyone else.  Your claimed kill didn't really matter to me- I was still going to attack him on my own.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »

EBWOP:  Tiruin:

So what is this?
[/quote]

Oops- that should read "I considered using it..."  I didn't use it because I don't have a strong pick for scum right now, and I don't want to take the risk of mis-targeting it, having a townie blow up, and it be 2-2.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2012, 09:10:40 pm »

Tiruin:
EBWOP: I know someone is lying.

I got blocked last Night from acting -- Summon Creature.
Yes, and the one lying is you. Summoning a creature takes up your night action. If you were blocked from doing that, how did you use your - of Clubs on TolyK?

Also, I doubt you've actually got that lynch-only revive.

UI: If none of the previous creatures can attack in the same night they're summoned, in the coming nights, will they be able to do so in full force (if more than one is on field)? Also, scumpicks?
Why so interested? The only creature that won't be able to attack tonight is the one I summon tonight.

Scumpicks: You, maybe Hapah.

Summoned Creatures:
Sliver Queen (7/7): Every evening I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N1. Attacked Deathsword N2.
Brood Sliver (3/3): Whenever a Sliver I control deals damage to a player, I gain a 1/1 generic Sliver creature. Summoned N2.

None of the previous five can attack the same night they're summoned.

Other Creatures:
Sliver (1/1): Spawned D2 by Sliver Queen's effect. Attacked Deathsword N2.

And what is this
@bold: Is there a question there?
@orange: I rounded "evening" to "day."

TolyK: Link for Blast Off?

Hapah:
I also received one card that I haven't claimed.
When?

And yes, the card I didn't fullclaim is one that loses some effectiveness if I claim it.
Is the loss in effectiveness from claiming it due to its own effect or just the element of surprise?

Toaster:
I didn't use it because I don't have a strong pick for scum right now[...]
Do you at least have reads?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28