Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36730 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (magic, gods, and lost limbs)
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2012, 03:14:14 pm »

"Cursing is the first thing on my mind. Next to allusions about how I was raised, what kind of person I am, if I had ever mated with any sort of thing in my life, coupled with quips on my figure and appearance.

"Yes, I can imagine a thousand things. But I'd like to know what it's saying right now, thank you."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »

"He's talking about your mother at the moment, but I'll ask him what he can tell you about the dungeon." He turns to the kobold now. "Motti gogli tov vitti giglis?"
"Koglirik nok magli tokis!"
He turns back to Lia. "Yeah, he said, roughly translated, 'Up yours.' with some colorful degradation thrown in concerning your gender.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:17 pm »

((@GM: I still have the rusty sword too.))

"What do you suggest doing to him?" he asked to the group. "I doubt he has any use at all, but if you want to keep it as an uneducated pet, well, I won't stop you." he says, eyeing Lia.

"Anyway, we need to get those things identified."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »

"Allow me." Says the demon as he steps forward. "That is my job after all." he pauses. "Wait, you thought I'd just sit around here for eternity?" he takes the items you need identified into his arms.
"Keepis togi tiktik Glip!"
The demon gently places the items on the ground, and lifts the kobold out of Lia's arms. He places it down away from the items and stomps on its good leg before it can get away, then places a palm against it's forehead, then speaks. "Nurull Tokei Ne- Lord of heat and destiny." The second he finishes that last word, a burst of fire jets forth from his hand, engulfing the entire kobold, as well as much of the grass behind it, you almost have to shield your eyes from the intense heat. (12 damage). he flicks his wrist and all the fire instantly disappears.
"Sorry about that, I don't care if he insults you, but he was screeching so annoying I couldn't hear my self think, I couldn't stand having you keep it." He turns back to the items, and begins examining them.
"Well, I gotta say, you got pretty lucky finding this." He says as he holds up the vial of red fluid.
"I didn't lie however, about those kobolds turning you into weapons."

Items-
Bone sword with a mother's crest. 3-7 damage, 60 accuracy. +1 temp LHP (lethal HP) per battle (bone sword) (can be revived if desired)
Bottle of low quality oil (black viscous potion)
Greater potion of Life (red glimmering potion)
low quality bone&wood shield. (15% chance of guarding for 1 defense)
low quality wood shield (10% chance of guarding for 1 defense)
Small medium armor- 2 defense, impedes spellcasting

"Now, let me explain this Greater potion of life here, greater potions were created by the high alchemists of an ancient dwarven kingdom, knowledge on how to make them passed down to their descendants. Only a few remain that know how to make these, and somehow you found one on the first level. They can permanently increase your life force, allowing you to take more hits before you die, so choose who gets it, because its too valuable to just sell away at your current state."
Greater potion of life permanently increases LHP stat of one player by 1. (you rolled a 99 on looting, and a 94 on the type of greater potion, yeah, you were lucky)

((I forgot to give you the kobold stats, since the encounter technically didn't end in the traditional sense. but now its done so i suppose I'll do that now.))

Kobold chieftan berserker (lvl. 2)-
HP- 7
LHP- 4
Strength- 6
Defense- 2 (armored) (which means they usually come with armor)
Abilities- At 0 HP enters rage mode for +3 damage.

(those first two attacks against it literally put it at 0 HP, letting him rage the entire battle)

Kobold heavy (lvl. 1)- (that one that had the knife and shield)
HP-6
LHP-4
Strength- 4
Defense- 0
Abilities- standard heavy

Kobold scum (lvl. 1)- (yes, the one that you so thoughtfully spared.)
Hp- 6
LHP- 4
Strength- 5
Defense- 0
Abilities- Instantly targets whoever, and which part the leader targets. If targeting someone, aims for most injured body part (if any)

And no, you don't get exp for the one the demon immolated.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »

((How can we heal the damage we took and the uses for Lia's heal again? I seem to have forgot that part. >.>))

"I'd like to drink the Greater potion of Life then, unless someone wants to object."

Take the Greater potion of Life, drink it unless someone objects.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2012, 04:59:27 pm »

((Oh, I'll get to that in a minute once you've worked out loot, probably need everyone to just decide how this works, then you get to explore the town a bit.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

((In the future, could we have such things as the oil be "hidden" in the room to be found after the fight, rather than inside a stone golem?))

"Fine. Take it. Guess I'll pass on the shields, too .. We'll be reviving someone with the sword? It could be dangerous to carry it around town, and life debts are useful. Let's sell the oil and armor."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »

(Yeah, I kinda winged that one. Don't worry though, I'll work on making stuff like that less likely to happen.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:23 pm »

"I'll be strapping this on my left forearm then, if you won't mind. The rest can be sold. Rodri should take the potion..."

Take the wood shield.

Lia smiled as she addressed the human. "...or at least learn how to dodge.

"Trying to make this spear better...first striking and all that due to the length. Jerri, do you need something?"

Rest to probably recuperate my energy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

"...or at least learn how to dodge."
"You should learn first then teach me. I'd be most happy to oblige." Rodri answered the elf with a smile as well.

The knight took the Low quality bone&wood shield, strapped it on his arm and drank the Greater potion of Life.

"Yeah, we should revive the creature the kobolds made a sword of. Are you capable of discovering the God this person was dedicated to?" he asked to the demon.

After the God is discovered, revive the creature.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »

"Which god they had? You realize this is a sword made out of this guy's bones, right? To recover, just head to the temple in town and relax, energy will return to you and wounds will heal. Place the sword on the altar and they should begin to revive. There are a few locations which you can go to here, here's a general map of the town, it should give you directions around." He hands Jerri the map, being unoccupied with anything else.
Rodri drinks the potion, raising his LHP to 7.

You three head to the temple of the town and step inside. There is the slight murmur of the conversations of other adventurers, and several large archways heading off to different altars, as well as lobbies. but this room is by far the largest and grandest, light shining through the windows onto the marble floors decorated with long, thin red carpets. You already begin to feel your energy come back to you, and your injuries healing. There are a few empty altar rooms around.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2012, 05:38:04 pm »

"I realized that. But don't we need to put them in the altar of the right God for them to revive?" he asked before leaving.

Revive the dead person. Try the altars.
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

Look at the map for points of interest, then watch the start of the revival.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2012, 06:32:16 pm »

((Mainly specific altars are used for gaining powers, or, you know, people prefer to be revived at their god's altar.))

Rodri places the sword on the altar, then pauses as he walks back. Suddenly the sword starts to glow, energy flowing through the glass-less windows to form bone and flesh out of what seems to be thin air, spiraling around the sword as it takes the shape of a human body, the being begins to take on more detailed features until the energy flow stops and he drops to his knees, panting out of exhaustion.
"Gah! Dear lord where am I?!" he pauses, looking down at his body "Ah! I'm indecent!" He quickly shields himself from your eyes, but seems to be squinting in order to see, his short light brown hair is scattered and un-groomed, not covering his elven ears. His blue eyes are dark but kind, though he doesn't seem to be looking at anything. Lastly you notice his crest, a deep black and directly on his back. "Uh, I'm sorry, I cant see without any glasses, care to help me out kind people? I can't really see any of you."

((note: This man was almost entirely made of random rolls, I try to do that a lot.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2012, 06:38:08 pm »

"What kind of glasses?" Rodri said as he moved closer to the elf to block the line of sight to his body, took his extra set of clothing and threw it at the elf's face. "We have an elven lady here, cover your shame and tell more about us."

Give extra set of clothes to the elf, ask about him.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 54