Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36735 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (always accepting new players)
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:32 pm »

"Ah, you interested here? The light scroll can last at most 3 hours, and the weightlessness rune can cover something about twice the size of an average human." He pauses to look back at the tablet. "Oh, you notice it don't you? that would be a tablet. They are very rare, and rightfully so. Each tablet can increase the abilities of any spellcaster that reads it, and possibly even grant new abilities, or give their spells a new effect. Very powerful indeed, but I doubt you could afford it, being as weak as you seem now." He leans forward. "But," he pauses again, to gain your attention. the market seems to be getting quieter. "I can strike you a deal, this tablet has been sitting around in my shop for too long, and there is no reason for me to keep it, as nobody is really able to buy it. So, do you think you could do a job for me?"

((Note, I was not trying to throw a subquest at you, it just so happened that you rolled to get one. And yes, I do roll for everything.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »

((Gm, how about that rusty sword? I'd like to check if it is worth getting it de-rusted.))

Even if Rodri happened to want and check if the rusty sword was worth anything or was hiding anything important, he could not leave Lia alone, ending up sitting by her side and dozing off as well, not before tossing Jerri the sword just in case. Maybe the kobold could get it examined.

Rodri retroactively tosses the sword to Jerri and stays by Lia's side.

"Come to us if you need help, I'll go after you if Sleeping Beauty over here doesn't wake up after some time."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2012, 04:06:54 pm »

((Sudden quiet? Sounds like something one or possibly both of my companions will object to. Where do I sign?))

"What's the job? For that, I can easily do it discreetly." Begin counting out 40 coins for a Rune of Weightlessness as he talks.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »

The old man flashes a smile, seeming a bit... different. He then opens a map of the town. "Ok, This job is a bit different than running around in that dungeon. What you need to do is find something I've lost, it is a book titled 'Mohe: water'. It is most likely in an old cabin here-" he marks a spot on the map in the nearby woods, though they are not natural, there is still much wildlife lingering there. "I cannot go there, for it is too dangerous for an old man like me. The book is very important to me, and I cannot afford to lose it. You can understand. Meet me back at this stall." He marks the map of his current location. He pauses, looking into your eyes.  "You are not to read this book under any circumstances."
Jerri places the 40 coins on the table, getting the Rune of weightlessness, leaving Jerri at 60 coins.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »

((You could get the sword identified, and the sidequest seems fairly calm business. I think you could call the group for that.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2012, 04:44:07 pm »

"Ah, one of those sorts of .. heirlooms. Consider it done."

Go find a blacksmith to ask about the price of de-rusting the sword, and likely effect afterwards, then return to the group.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2012, 04:58:34 pm »

Jerri goes to the blacksmith, when he enters he immediately feels the heat, seeing a burly human standing with an iron forging hammer hoisted over his shoulder. He looks down at you, his black beard reaching the top of his chest. "Well, what are you here for?"
Jerri shows him the sword.
"Well, I can say that trust me, there's nothing special with that sword. I say it'll cost about 20 coins to scrape some of that rust off and sharpen it to make it usable as a normal sword."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2012, 05:20:53 pm »

Leave and meet up with the group, then give Rodri back his sword and give him 60 gold.

"That's both your shares. The sword's just a sword, 20 coins to fix it. An old man wants us to retrieve an heirloom, and will make me stronger for it. Think the elf's up to coming?" Jerri show's Rodri the map.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2012, 05:31:29 pm »

"Well, I'm up for it and I can always carry her around until we get somewhere dangerous, since I don't think she'll object anyway. How much did you get for that gear?" the knight asked, taking the gold and slipping half of it inside Lia's cloak.

Check how much a new sword costs and if the rusty one can be sold for a value. Carry Lia around as the group moves.
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:52 pm »

"One hundred, even. I spent forty on a Rune of Weightlessness."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »

"One hundred, even. I spent forty on a Rune of Weightlessness."
"Oh, seems a nice buy. We never know when something like that may come in handy."
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2012, 05:57:47 pm »

You three head out again, fully healed and energized. Eventually you arrive at the blacksmith, he is talking to a male dwarf in metal plated robes, who currently has no weapons. One of his arms is made entirely out of copper, shining in the light emanating from the forge. He quickly tells the dwarf to wait, that this would be quick.
"You come for doing something with that sword? A new one costs about 110 coins, and you could probably sell that one for about 40 coins in its current condition."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »

"Hmmm."

Rodri spent some time eyeing the dwarf. Apparently, he had the same patron god as the knight, Astthos. Maybe he could try to strike a conversation.

Strike a conversation with the dwarf, just to check on matters, if he has something to sell or if he wants to buy something.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

Rodri greets the dwarf, then he responds.
"Ah, another under the shield of Asthos!" He places a heavy hand on your back. "there are many of us here, but it is still good to meet one another."  He grins widely, showing teeth through his heavy beard. "I don't have anything to sell, nor would I wish to buy anything of yours."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2012, 06:55:43 pm »

((So Astthos is the more common God? I feel so normal. D:))

"Oh, do you have any good information in general by any chance? I'd like to buy smithing material sometime, I was an apprentice before coming here."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54