Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512726 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3930 on: July 06, 2018, 05:44:30 pm »

I had a faux awakening in which I awoke in a hospital bed, with someone telling me I had surgery (appendix?). I expressed my skepticism about this, and was told that I didnt remember due to drug induced anterograde amnesia. I called bullshit because I remembered gettimg home the previous day... and I woke up.

My hospital themed nightmares tend to be uncomfortably complex.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: July 07, 2018, 09:16:58 am »

I dreamed that I was on a group tour with my university year group. We went to a resort which gives us big, roomy houses but every two people need to share. I shared the house with a student who explained to me that at night he transforms into a horrifying monstrosity, and I joked that I do the same.

Once the sun went down, he transformed into a horrifying monstrosity.

He was the size of his bedroom, and I don't remember much of the specifics but that there were fungi and barnacles over his carapaced back, and I had to duck to avoid his many wings as he apologized while trying to play a game on his tablet. His teeth were made out of carnivorous snails.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. When I put my glasses back on I realized that my glasses didn't appear in my mirror's reflection. This made me realize that I was dreaming, and I stood there for a while figuring out what I could do. I decided I didn't have any plans in particular so I went back to my room and booted my laptop, hoping to maybe play a dream-video game which could give me some inspiration. Unfortunately it was text-based World of Warcraft.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3932 on: July 07, 2018, 06:08:22 pm »

I wore lamellar armour and the black and red mask of Yama, with a sword in my sword hand and a hammer in my left. Upon my back was a large and heavy wheel, continually turning, with worlds existing in the radial space between each spoke. I continually marched forwards as if possessed, cutting my way through a stream of grey figures. Some were maimed and bleeding black, others were sick and vomited black bile or oozed from black sores, starving men with black blood leaking from their eyes, radiation-sick men with pallid exteriors and black interiors; all of my foes were barely alive, and it was barely an even contest. Yet the stream never ended, and eventually I would grow tired, my weariness turning to exhaustion, until I could no longer stop my foes from tearing me apart with blades and finger nails, spilling red blood over black.

My perspective changed from looking up at these foes, to looking down on them descending on my body. My perspective had switched to myself, looking at myself, only this time there were two of me: This new iteration wore a cuirass and hoplite's helmet, though the weapons remained the same. Scattering the weakened foes from my defeated iteration, the new one picked the wheel from the fallen iteration and placed it on his back, with the wheel moving back into motion again. The new iteration marched onwards into the stream again, with the fallen iteration fading gently into the blackness behind him. The cycle continued

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: July 10, 2018, 11:54:13 am »

With various elements and scenes between which the term "loosely connected" would form the most apt form of bonding, I was:

* awaiting fireworks, staring out of various picture-windows upon the first floor of a house (that only has a ground floor) with the expectation that I could freeze them if I was looking when they happened,

* worrying that by allowing some particular person or persons to proceed down a track (a nicely laid ex-railway set up and part-metalled within a wide grass strip for bridleway use) that this would perpetuate the Smallville continuity arc, over the non-Smallville (DCCU?) versions. - A concept that in no way disturbs wakeful me, but sleeping me seemed to find it important to avoid for...  reasons?

* Something something volume of a unit sphere vs unit 'cube' in a non-Euclidean (possibly hyperbolic) universe. Which is strange (I don't tend to think about hyperbolic spaces when not tiling regular octagons or similar) and, so far as I can tell, one of the more abstract dreams I've had.

* I was atop a(n open-topped double-decker) bus. Or maybe tram. (Could have been a trackless, I suppose.) And I was going in the wrong direction. But that was Ok, because so was the bus(/tram/trackless) and that included time so I will have already arrived, tachyon-like.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: July 11, 2018, 12:57:15 pm »

Had an unusual one last night, being tricked isn't something I usually experience in dreams. It started with me standing at one end of a long hallway, with a lightly colored tile floor and a white tile ceiling with fluorescent lights set into it. Spaced out at random intervals were doors, finely worked and made of very fancy and very out of place looking mahogany. I would know instinctively that I needed to take a certain door, and go through it to find myself in another hallway like that one, or in a room with bizzare but harmless stuff in it but still having doors leading out in various directions. Beyond the first hallway the doors blended in with the decor of the rest of the room, and most of the rooms had people in them, and no two were alike. As an example one that I passed through was the "Grayscale Enthusiasts' Club," which was a small L-shaped room with white wallpaper and black plastic furniture everywhere. The people there were discussing what their favorite shade of gray was. Another was just a fairly ordinary bar, with five or six patrons all watching water polo on the TV. I mostly ignored these things, focusing on getting to my destination, but as I went on the rooms (and their residents) started getting more and more interesting and I found myself lingering a bit to chat with the people or look around. The last such room I came to was the "Homer Simpson Society," set up in what looked like the lounge in a country club. A framed portrait of the man himself was set up over the big fireplace, but what it was all about was a mystery. Here, a woman about my age took me to the side and quietly explained that I shouldn't be hanging around places like this for so long and ought to just keep moving through. It was safe here, she said, but other places were a lot less friendly. I left as soon as she was finished, promising her that I would take her advice, but she still looked very concerned as I walked out the door.

The next door took me directly to another room, something that had never happened before. In it was what looked like the waiting room at a clinic, with a short hallway leading off to my left. To the right was a little boy, maybe 11 years old, laying down on a cot surrounded by sad looking people. Standing over him was an elderly black man in a white robe with red tassels, holding a bible over his head and seemingly performing an exorcism. I was really taking the woman's advice seriously now, and seeing that there were no doors in the waiting room I headed down the hallway. At the end I could see that the right door was open already, with a plain hallway like all the others on the other side, but I couldn't bring myself to go through. Once again I knew instinctively that this was how it was supposed to be, but in hindsight the feeling felt unnatural. I was standing there considering what to do when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the preacher standing there with a sympathetic look on his face. He told me, "Are you lost? There's no need to be lost. Come with me." Again at the time this put me at ease, but in hindsight was even more deeply concerning. He led me through one of the side doors, which led outside to a beautiful walled garden. I sat down on an inviting looking bench, and noted with mild concern that there were no other doors besides the one he'd led me in through. I looked to ask him about this, but found that instead of sitting with me he was now standing behind me, and the boy and the rest of them from the waiting room were there all around him. Looking forward again I could see that more people had appeared, a few dozen more people and a small choir. The song was pretty, and the whole ensemble put me at ease again. The preacher told me I should "let the boy have the place of honor," and I agreed that it was only natural, so I took up a place to the preacher's left while the boy sat down on the bench.

Things went off the rails here. The preacher pulled a knife from inside his robes and that seemingly broke the spell, as it came to me all at once how very wrong the whole situation was. I wanted to leave but I couldn't move. The preacher brought the knife down and I looked away, but somehow the boy jumped up completely unharmed and ran for the door. The people standing around tried to grab him, but failed. The preacher threw the knife at him, but missed. It was at this point that I saw that I was bleeding heavily, although there was no pain. I passed out. When I came to I found I was lying on the floor of the waiting room from before, with an elderly woman sitting on a nearby chair. She noticed me stirring and called out, "he's awake, thank God!" but despite her seemingly genuine concern I was still 200% done with this place. I tried my damnedest to get up so I could leave before anyone came to check. She was a lot stronger than she looked, and she practically hauled me to my feet on her own. Lacking a better idea I decided to make for the door to the Homer Simpson Society, but I was still pretty slow and unsteady and the woman didn't help me as before. I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder. Again I turned and saw the preacher standing there with a sympathetic look on his face. He started to say something but I wasn't interested in hearing it, and I finally managed to realize I could force myself to wake up.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: July 11, 2018, 02:09:09 pm »

I have been having recurring and consecutive dreams about being in some manner of prison or containment facility. Noone knows why we are there, and each night I go back and the experience picks up from where it left off.

It's actually quite pleasant for a prison, but noone is allowed to leave, and there's some manner of secret in the center of it that keeps the place functional.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: July 11, 2018, 04:25:42 pm »

So i had the weirdest dream. It was primarily about an attempt to win a contest of warfare against an alien race, the victor gaining access to all technologies the defeated possessed, as well as their immediate capitulation and subjugation. So we lost, at first. I was viewing this from the perspective of north korea, where kim jong un was fucking around with stolen alien technology instead of participating (and actually killed himself crashing a sweet prototype alien inspired flying saucer thing.) But then somebody used the magic of time control to reset the clock back to just before the contest, and this time kimmy loaned the world all his stolen technology. We won, barely. So everybody cheered and shit, because by agreement we would now rule this alien empire and have access to their sweet spaceships and stuff. But in the meantime, there were weird tentacle-walrus aliens floating around staring at people making everybody nervous. As well as some robots or something. And korean kids were eating these extremely sour alien candies and going into shock like only kids could do.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: July 11, 2018, 04:37:45 pm »

I have been having recurring and consecutive dreams about being in some manner of prison or containment facility. Noone knows why we are there, and each night I go back and the experience picks up from where it left off.

It's actually quite pleasant for a prison, but noone is allowed to leave, and there's some manner of secret in the center of it that keeps the place functional.
https://youtu.be/BT59rohv6jw
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: July 11, 2018, 05:27:04 pm »

That video is blocked on Youtube BS copyright stuff.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: July 11, 2018, 05:50:41 pm »

Capped off my dreaming session with a rather frightening one to start the day. Nice.

I was walking along a fairly large street in something of a hurry, feeling rather flustered, embarrassed and/or irritated by earlier events, when I noticed activity going on far above the street and looked up.

A few storeys up, on the balcony of some rather grim-looking concrete apartment building, an Asian woman was storming angrily towards a man, presumably her spouse.
I'm not sure if I could hear her shouting or not, but from her body language, gestures and the movement of her mouth (I was seeing this scene in more detail than is probably realistic for something so far above) I could tell that she was.

I immediately thought, "oh, a domestic," and then, noticing what a hopelessly inadequate little railing the balcony had, "oh no, is someone gonna get pushed off the edge?"
I watched, horror-struck, as she shoved the guy in the chest - not with nearly enough force to knock him over the railing, and then, to my even greater shock, simply swung her legs over said railing and stepped off herself.

I was still stopped and staring as she fell, not waving her arms or whatever, seeming remarkably casual about the situation, and if anything calmer than she had been on the balcony.

Then she landed, smashing through/off the roof of some small, abandoned-looking building and coming to rest - on her feet, still standing and apparently unharmed.
She let out a harsh, piercing laugh, and now it was time for a fresh wave of terror as I realised she (along with her companions, who I believe were now joining her on street-level, either jumping themselves or just emerging from the shadows) was some kind of supernatural, dangerous being - I believe 'vampire' sprang to mind, and when things spring to mind in dreams they're usually right - and now she was smiling as she spotted me watching.
I think she (or, more likely, her cohorts) may have taken up some kind of martial arts stance after noticing me.

I sprinted down to the corner, so that the little shack she'd landed by was on the opposite corner of the intersection from me (I should probably mention that this intersection seemed to be based on the intersection of Johnston and Hoddle Streets in Collingwood, a place I pass fairly often, though I don't think either of the buildings I've mentioned exist), then turned right and ran down that street - I am unsure if anyone actually gave chase or not, but better safe than sorry - and suddenly leapt up through the air, flying up like one of those on-wired jumps you see in shitty kung-fu flicks that are too lazy to do real stunts, aiming for the roof of some building up ahead, from which I figured I'd be better able to see any monstrous foes trying to jump me. Apparently I suddenly had this ability? Did the dream just suddenly turn into a full-on martial arts film? Or perhaps it was just a small burst of fear-driven lucid dreaming, giving me a small fighting chance in the impending battle? I don't know myself, and I don't know anyone that could tell you.

I overshot, and went sailing pathetically downwards to land on the footpath down the street instead. I hastily made fists and whirled around, expecting my shadowy enemies to be almost upon me - but there was no sign of them, and at that point I woke up.
Perhaps they were stalking me unseen from the darkness, but I think it more likely that they just didn't care as much as I expected about me seeing their powers in use.

Either way, this was a rather scary little moment to wake up with, haha.
The moment of realisation upon seeing her land unharmed and look at me was definitely the peak of it, though it was already freaky before that.   

Edit: Tl;dr: Walking along a city street I saw a couple arguing violently on a high-up balcony, then to my horror the woman stepped over the railing and jumped off, then to my even greater horror she landed unharmed, laughed, and looked evilly at me like the blood-hungry vampire monster bitch she clearly was, and so I ran around the corner and tried to jump to a good vantage point atop a building but overshot and landed on the street and was frantically looking around for the unseen enemies that were presumably pursuing me when my alarm woke me up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:57:17 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:57 pm »

Dreamt that I was turned into a cat. By another cat that came out of a weird box.

All the cat stuff is getting into my subconscious.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: July 11, 2018, 07:50:12 pm »

Dreamt that I was turned into a cat. By another cat that came out of a weird box.

All the cat stuff is getting into my subconscious.

I dreamed that my cats started multiplying. The catsplosion is real!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: July 12, 2018, 12:20:08 am »

That video is blocked on Youtube BS copyright stuff.
Transcript:
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain
"Please bring me my wine."
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine."
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: July 13, 2018, 09:52:45 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: July 13, 2018, 10:32:27 am »

While I had this dream three days ago, it was certainly... memorable, to say the least.

Basically, the Eternal President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, arrived in Tyumen with the goal of gaining "better understanding of how average Russian lives in Tyumen oblast". He was entering every apartment in my quarter of the city in order to have a 5 minute talk about life. At last, he entered my apartment and started to talk to me about life. I've tried to punch Putin with my left fist, but he easily blocked the attack. However, Putin did exactly what I predicted, so I used my right hand to touch his back with a palm, erasing a couple of his vertebrae from existence with some weird superpower. Putin lost his grip on my left arm and, despite his spine being disconnected, ran to the balcony. I finished him off by erasing him completely, leaving only his clothes and a phone, because my superpower can only erase organic, sentient beings from existence.

Then I went to bed (in the dream, nonetheless!) and woke up in panic, because I've forgot to get rid of Putin's clothes and phone. I was dumping the clothes and the phone into a trash bag, then suddenly, someone was knocking on the door... And then the dream ended.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 339