Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 584340 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3885 on: June 03, 2018, 07:30:34 am »

Dreamed there was some kind of invasion from hell. There'd be "hell gates" scattered around the world and monsters and demons would come out from the gates and spread to the surrounding areas. As a side effect the hell gates caused this creeping black fungus like thing that would spread over the ground as the monster population increased. Somehow over the course of the dream there were also zombies.

I think I woke up from that one, then fell back asleep. Had another dream after that. It was a dream where there was a suicide epidemic where kids would walk in on suicide scenes, record them, and put them up on the internet for other people to see. And doing so spread this "ghost" through the internet which would haunt and possess other people who saw the online videos and drive them to suicide.

I guess it was spooky dream night.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 03, 2018, 11:24:38 pm »

Had a very unusual dream last night. The whole thing was just me sitting in a rich looking home office/study behind a huge red lacquered wooden desk. There was a window at my back with sun streaming through it, but I never looked out to see what was there. Around the office there was expensive looking wood paneling with very detailed scrollwork and moulding, a fancy persian rug, sconced lights just above head level, and a great inset bookshelf taking up nearly the entire wall to my right. To the left were more books on a smaller shelf against the back wall, a fancy wooden table, and a brick fireplace, although it wasn't lit at the time. As I sat there various people I know came in through the heavy oaken door almost directly opposite my chair, usually alone but sometimes in pairs, sat in some very out of place looking metal folding chairs on the other side of my desk (they carried them in and always brought them with them when they left,) and berated me for things. Some of it was real and some of it wasn't, but everything from the way I dress to my hobbies to my personal habits to my interpersonal skills to my performance at work and school was fair game. As an example I really do play the harmonica but I've never even tried to paint, yet my skills at both were thoroughly mocked and insulted by my youngest brother and one of my coworkers, respectively. That came after my supervisor finished his tirade about how I'd given up on a previous relationship.

Through the whole thing I felt nothing, or at least very little, but now that it's the morning it's been bothering me a lot, although some of them cut deeper than others.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:39:09 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 03, 2018, 11:36:30 pm »

I played a bit of Xcom. I then considered posting about it on Bay12, but did not.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 04, 2018, 11:04:54 am »

I accidentally trained a willpower skill 30 times instead of 10 times, wasting precious stat bonus per level.  And my last save was before I went to sleep.  It was almost a relief, though.

(I've been "playing" an optimizing-run of Oblivion...  I think my subconscious got lazy/sarcastic with this one)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 05, 2018, 02:20:23 am »

I don't really remember any thing about the dream I had last night other then I was fighting two fat guys that had circular saws, with a circular saw, apparently fat guy aren't fazed by being cut by a saw even across the face and back, they didn't even bleed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 05, 2018, 09:22:15 am »

Dreamed I was in a futuristic mega-city. Lots of skyscrapers and metal and glass and technology.

Then a flood came, combined with a big temperature drop and an air conditioning system malfunction that turned the insides of buildings into freezers. Flooded buildings would have frozen over pools of water that would be flooding multiple floors. Everything was ruined.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3891 on: June 06, 2018, 06:47:15 am »

Elon Musk happened to rob a bank with his goons, he stashed his stolen gold and bags of money in his hideout across the street. The police tried to stop Elon Musk in his hideout, but he and his goons quickly killed them.

In another dream I was trying to get back home with my bicycle, however there were holes in reality appearing everywhere, touching those holes gradually caused whatever was touching them to disappear, also the roads were very steep. After some time my bicycle fell apart from touching too many of those reality holes, so I decided to join a carpool of four, all of them sitting in the front of the car.
The carpool didn't last for long due to a combination of terrible driving and even more reality holes appearing on the road, at some point the floor of the car was violently torn off because of the terrible driving, shortly after I noticed that I was missing a lung.

After the car was destroyed we exited it and one of the passengers took out his machine gun and shot and killed the rest of us.
I was ressurected and I decided that I had enough of this and took the bus home.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 06, 2018, 07:48:05 am »

Had a dream where I started frequenting this chinese takeaway restaurant (or was it a chipshop?) that turned out to have two absolute babes working there. I befriended them, somehow, and eventually they even trusted me enough to go pick up their order of drugs from down the street - literally, just two doors down from their shop there was a house with a car or two parked in the front yard with this bunch of stereotypical drug-dealer types hanging around, heh. I'm not sure if I managed to befriend them, too, but my mission went fairly smoothly nonetheless.   
Things went on like this for a while (the details are hazy, but it was a pleasant time as far as I can remember), and then at one point, while I was sitting on this kinda gross, beige-ish couch in the waiting area by the counter, one of the girls came out and basically leapt onto me to start making out. Naturally I was even more enamoured with my new favourite restaurant after that...

Love and Drugs. How nice of my subconscious to spell out two of my greatest and most shameful desires so neatly to torment me with. X́D
And then later in the dream, for some reason I was with my mother (I'm not sure if I was living with/visiting her in the dream or she was visiting me or what - I have no idea where it was even set so w/e, but I know the restaurant was very close to wherever I was living/staying), driving along, when she decided she wanted something to eat.
I'm guessing she already knew about the place - perhaps she had eaten takeaway I'd bought there before - but hadn't been in there before, and to my horror she insisted on marching in there herself. My mother! Interacting with women I was romantically interested in! Oh gods, what a horrifying prospect.
For some reason she was insistent on going in herself, and I could hardly tell her the real reason I didn't want her in here, could I?

Fortunately, the girls had for some reason left the shop unattended - but open, so surely they couldn't be far away.
Mother was determined to acquire food from this place, though. She probably at least called out to try and raise somebody's attention, or possibly even rang one of those little bells one sees on so many commercial counter-tops. I tried and tried to convince her to give up and leave and to eat somewhere else, but at this point she was angry at the management for being open yet not around to serve her. Uh-oh. Knowing her she probably wouldn't even bother buying food by this point, she'd just hang around to give them a piece of her mind.   
Luckily, I think I either managed to drag her out of there before either of my love interests deigned to return to work, or the dream ended.
Thank fuck for that. Kind of a stressful dream to start the day with, now I think about it, haha. Pretty good overall, though.   

Tl;dr: began an unexpected romance with a pair of babes working at a local (to wherever I was living in the dream) takeaway restaurant, bought drugs for/with them from amusing drug dealer caricatures hanging around about thirty metres down the street, and then my mother very nearly ruined it all by going in there with me to get food and making me die of embarrassment but fortunately they were both slacking off and I either dragged my troublesome parent out of there or the dream ended before worlds could tragically collide.    

I also just realised I never finished typing and posting the badass, rather-more-dramatic dream I had a few nights ago. I think I still have the text saved in another tab... oh, I do. Might finish that and post it later. Hopefully an abridged version, since it looks pretty damned rambly judging by a cursory glance.       

Edit: @Spehss: that reminds me of one of my favourite books!
@Hotfire: that's... pretty dang funny, haha. Been a while since I've had remembered a dream that was primarily comedic.   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:51:48 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: June 06, 2018, 10:42:22 am »

I was at some sort of corporate "hunting" retreat where the company was showing off a new type of high-tech bullet.  I was secretly looking for evidence of wrongdoing.  Sure enough, they were hunting people.  One representative started theatrically loading a shotgun while staring at me, and I didn't get away in time.  Got shot in the back pretty bad.

I lay there on the ground, somewhat annoyed, waiting to wake up.  But it didn't happen.  I couldn't "let go".  I saw the bad guy's feet approach, and I tried to grab him, but just shuddered weakly.  Then I think I got executed, didn't hear the shot.

Everything was dark, but I still didn't wake up.  And I could... hear.  I moved towards the voice of my murderer in a cold rage.  There was a scream, and I saw my spectral limbs wrapped around him, draining his life.  His face got a shrunken, undead look to it, and I realized I was puppeting his body (corpse?) around.  I honestly don't remember what I did next.

Later, still mad with hunger and rage, I almost drained some fellow investigators.  I managed to stop, though, and transformed into a much more passive kind of ghost.  Not even enough energy to spy, just offer sage advice and brainstorm.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 06, 2018, 02:29:38 pm »

Couple nights ago I dreamt I was in some tourist destination in a valley somewhere with my family, and I was mucking about checking out their weird school, which was teepee shaped kinda, had like three actual rooms, all the walls below 8ft off the ground were glass supported by wooden beams, and the roof going up like thirty feet was all wood. I got kicked out because the teachers had to actually teach the like thirty odd kids this town actually had.
So I went and wandered across a bridge to a mountain hiking trail on the other side of the river that ran through the valley. I learned there was an important emperor of something or other going to be crossing the bridge in a minute, so I intercepted him and stole something and ran off into the mountains with some friends. We bumped into a giant that almost killed us, then a bear in the other direction that almost killed us, then let the giant fight the bear, and ran off, only to learn the emperor was the emperor of the vampires, because him and his pals ambushed us and tried to kill us, because the thing I stole was a rock that was like his phylactery or something, it contained his soul. So we beat them up and booked it before they recovered (we were above the treeline now so there was a distinct lack of wooden stakes with which to impale them, I guess)
I ended up following the mountain ridges clear across the valley and buried the heart under a mud puddle on a mountainside to hide it. My friends ran in a bunch of other directions. The dream didnt go much farther than that, but there was lots of worrying about whether the vampires knew where the heart was buried and trying to keep tabs on them.

Last nights dream was some nonsense about getting a job cleaning up warehouses and office buildings. The end of my shift came, at like 5 am, and I went down the street to an office building. I just crashed in their closet all day playing with my phone, nobody even opened the closet, it was pretty roomy though, then when everyone went home, at 6pm or something, I came out and started turning off all the lights and taking out the trash and stuff, and after doing that in one part of the building I continued into another part where there was like a restaurant, people were still eating and everything but I still went around and turned off all the lights and took out the trash. Then my supervisor came and yelled at me about something, and then I learned that beyond the big fancy restaurant there was a Panda Express and a Starbucks or something and I decided to have chinese for breakfast, but they had nothing, like seriously hadnt cooked a damn thing. It was a stressful and disappointing dream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: June 07, 2018, 01:31:45 am »

Super meta dream. Dreamt I was posting late at night in my usual games here, when I found a game with a missing GM. It was some sort of game where you had to work together to get orders out in a restaurant in a super small town. Either way, in the dream, I made a turn for everyone waiting and said that I'd take over the game. I had one of those fake wake-ups, except I went to look at my post history in the fake wake-up, and the turn I posted was there. Threw me for a loop when I actually woke up, considering my dreams don't usually involve real life, and I almost never have fake wake-ups.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: June 08, 2018, 09:14:59 am »

Dreamed I was in my old high school. It was transition time between classes (normally five minutes long but in the dream it was infinitely longer) and the hallways were full of people. I was lost and everyone I'd recognize in the crowd would stare at me.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 10, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »

The end of this morning's dream (it's tomorrow now, but I've not yet reslept) culminated a sequence that I recall was already quite weird, though not exactly what, with a requirement that some floodlights or perhaps just electrical dissapation devices were to be turned on at a key moment.

The outputs, whatever they were, were outside a restaurant, and the switch panel was indoors in a side-room. For some reason there were a line of people responsible for this, and I thought it good that they consisted of Yorkshiremen of various standings (there was Dickie Bird, I recall, also someone else whose identity I forget but who was from Leeds, and a couple of other diverse examples who might have been now forgotten by me or were merely "the idea of Yorkshiremen" - and, no, the fact that there were four of them did not result in increasingly unbelievable tales of childhood poverty).  But there was also another chap, either Belgian or Greek, or so I remember explicitly noting. In preparation for the power-up he was flicking the main switches on, sliding the intermediate levels up, then sliding them down and flicking them off again (without going to the point of routing the power to...  whatever...). Apparently to get the feel of things and thus to be ready to do the deed when required.

(No, I realise that I hadn't given the four Yorkshiremen a job to do, but it was very fortunate that I had them there. Never mind that I don't know why. It either made sense in the dream, or it made as much sense as everything else up 'til that point.)

Of course I woke up before the denouement, anyway. (To be precise, I woke up, rolled over to check the time on my bedside clock, I saw it roll over from 05:59 to 06:00 and then my phone's alarm (set to 06:00, but the underlying clock being that few seconds out of whack) went off and I rolled the other way to negate the alarm (one which I'm perfectly capable of sleeping through on the right/wrong occasion). And I've been up every since, including the three times I had to rush to negate the 06:30, 06:45 and 07:00 alarms on various devices strewn around that bedroom and my person. But this isn't part of the xream, this is just part of reality. Don't know why you'd be interested in my reality, actually.)

Hotfire90

« Reply #3898 on: June 13, 2018, 11:04:23 am »

Had a dream two years ago in which I was onboard the Voyager, me and Tom Parris were laying around in a room, he then suddenly got sunburnt. I as an ever helpful redshirt, dragged him to sickbay, which was full off other crewmembers, once Parris was in sickbay, he pulled out an active bomb. I told him what he was doing and calmly walked out of sickbay.

Once I was outside, the bomb went off causing a hullbreach, the people in sickbay didn't seem to mind though. I then suffered from a hysterical fit of laughter, which caused two other crewmembers who were hanging around outside of sickbay to ask me what I was laughing about, I tell them what had happened and they respond by saying that he deserved it. At this point the captain who looks like Picard but older and with more hair, announces that he's going on vacation and that for the duration of his vacation the ship is under the command of another captain. At this point I remember that there are hull breaches all over the ship.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:04 am »

You sound like you've been playing too much the right amount of Space Station 13.
Or just rewatching TNG or Voyager, because a lot of those episodes were surprisingly zany.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 339