Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512650 times)

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3540 on: May 08, 2017, 06:22:06 am »

I was on an airplane just after takeoff - but instead of gaining altitude, the pilot decided to do tricks barely above ground level. After a barrel roll, I yelled at him to stop it because I was getting sick, and I heard him answering "I DON'T CARE" before starting a backflip. I reached for a vomit bag, and I immediately woke up because I had thrown up in my mouth IRL.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: May 08, 2017, 08:11:42 am »

I was on an airplane just after takeoff - but instead of gaining altitude, the pilot decided to do tricks barely above ground level. After a barrel roll, I yelled at him to stop it because I was getting sick, and I heard him answering "I DON'T CARE" before starting a backflip. I reached for a vomit bag, and I immediately woke up because I had thrown up in my mouth IRL.
Was the pilot Jeb?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: May 08, 2017, 10:09:44 am »

Was the pilot Jeb?
He was nobody in particular - though if my (really vague by now) memories serve me right, his voice sounded a bit like Caboose's from RvB.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: May 08, 2017, 02:29:22 pm »

The imagery of my most recent dream is still confusing me.  There was a side-on diagram of the Earth's crust such as might be found (across the centre fold in a double-page illustration!) in a classic 1970s Usborne-style coffee-table educational children's book.  It clearly showed consistently sloping strata arrayed beneath an ocean-to-ocean continent, with a strange link between the (strictly graduated) temperature of formation and the mineral so labelled and (where applicable) the element for which it was a primary ore.

It was not DF and/or real geology, in this regard (silver was present, within a pink-depicted sheath of, presumably metamorphic, rocks around the highest temperature diagonal strata; sulphur was the primary element in a 'lower temperature' layer) being both a well-meaning Lies-To-Children simplification of the knowledge of the day and based off of far more primitive and unsophisticated scientific knowledge perhaps some further decades out of date.

All this precision information was conveyed by key-letters upon the diagram and a full-width table below. Which upon the paper I was editing in asterisks as per a tab-delimited text file in an effort to track my transfer of the information into a 'traditional' spreadsheet on a computer.  (Though the information being written bore basically no relationship to that being extracted, naturally, because Dream Logic.)

But I could still draw the diagram (or its major gists), it has stuck in my my mind for all the time since I awoke.  Even though it is just as rubbish, inaccurate, misguiding and useless as I've already indicated.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: May 08, 2017, 06:38:57 pm »

I have only the barest hint of recollections about last night's dream, but if I'm not mistaken I seemed to be leading some sort of group/cult, stabbing and murdering the untrue in the name of the almighty Weregoat. Good grief, I mean, I'm excited for their new album, but seriously, subconscious... :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: May 09, 2017, 03:34:53 am »

I dreamt of going to the community center looking for a job late at night. There was this huge great horned owl that tried to get in the building with me, then flew back out, circled around the building a few times, then tried to get inside again. It was very insistent.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: May 12, 2017, 12:49:12 am »

After stealing Queen Elizabeth's soul, I used a machine to communicate to the androgynous moon warriors to trade the soul for something, as the Queen's soul would turn their leader into a powerful being.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3547 on: May 12, 2017, 06:23:10 am »

pls give the soul back or else the lunar cycle will be broken

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: May 12, 2017, 06:29:26 am »

Periods suck anyways. I would rather prefer a space demon invading Earth than periods.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: May 12, 2017, 06:33:51 am »

I dreamt I was [REDACTED] someone's [REDACTED], then I woke up and found that I was actually [REDACTED] in mah pants. :-X
Oh well, I was overdue to change those anyway. Plus I just did laundry yesterday.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: May 12, 2017, 06:40:40 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: May 12, 2017, 06:45:13 am »

I don't understand, what am I looking at here?
The sideways "q"s on that person's face turning into "a"s and "d"s? ???   
Or is that a smug, "bitch, please" kind of expression?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: May 12, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »

That tomato is rotten someone should step on it until it squishes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: May 13, 2017, 01:34:08 am »

Dream last night involved some sort of android/robot/hologram becoming self-aware and realising that all its feelings and emotions were merely programmed into it to make it better able to relate to/interact with the people it had thought of as its "friends".

That was a bitter pill to swallow (program to install?) for sure, I think said android very nearly went full-Skynet before his/her pals managed to cheer him/her up by the end of the dream. Also, for at least some of the dream my perspective was that of the AI's as it came to this horrific realization. It was quite a trip.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 14, 2017, 08:28:20 am »

Had an insane, hyper violent nightmare. I was outside a hospital with my wife. Two people were using an infant elephant as a medicine ball. One dropped it, breaking it's back. Amidst our protests and horror, they dropped it into a shallow hole, then started pouring concrete on it. Before they finished, one of them ripped out it's tongue.

After that, a bunch of military vehicles arrived. I ran into a building to grab scrubs to blend in, and when I returned, my wife was gone. I demanded to know where she was from a woman nearby, who pointed and said, "They took her." I went into the hospital to find her.

I came to a door with two soldiers guarding it. I stole a scalpel and attacked from a side, stabbing the first in the throat and slamming into the second with my body. He struggled to grab me, and I slashed his neck and stabbed his chest. I burst into the room they guarded to find a military nurse on the floor, back arched and bleeding. I turned the corner to find my wife, holding a gun, lying on a bloody table covered in surgical implements.

I look down to the nurse, who is holding a bladed weapon with a trembling hand, and my wife shoots her in the chest twice.

That wasn't quite all of it, but it's the worst parts.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 339