Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571423 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3525 on: April 20, 2017, 04:28:31 pm »

There are times when it's epic (actually, I think it always is, except when it notably peters out, but that'd be a form of confirmation bias), and I know it, but the detail fades quicker than the impression.

For the record, I got a top job at the BBC, last sleep (cue BBC detractors!) and I'm not entirely sure what that had to do with my shopping list of bed-linen, but that was important too.  And travelling, as always. Echoing RL, of course (i.e. the third element only)...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:26 am »

Two sets of dreams. One I was a Bond look alike, and the other had something to do with chemicals. Probably should of thought to write first thing...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 21, 2017, 11:36:19 pm »

That's how it usually is for me.
But usually it is... twisted.  AKA, put in a disturbingly different light.  Which I personally readily accept.  Usually the dreams are unsettling, by nature, but they're also usually useful.  They're unsettling because it's literally a second opinion, by a different, even alien, kind of mind.

PTW.

I sometimes quiet my dreams with alcohol.  Because they don't follow sane rules.  Usually I receive a message and follow the advice.  But sometimes it's the wrong advice.  And then my subconscious keeps pushing, until my dreams are fully lucid yet inescapable nightmares.

Sometimes the unconscious needs to shut up.  It's ridiculously idealistic.  I love it, but it doesn't have the answers it thinks it does.  They're too simple.

Usually, though, I listen.  Sleep is nice that way.  One can learn a lot by the thoughts of an unconscious mind.  If one is ready to accept deep insights.

A-and yes... unwelcome warnings.
So dire.

Spoiler: Though sometimes (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: April 22, 2017, 09:19:31 am »

Usually I dream about things that I subconsciously (or consciously) want, that are typically a bit TMI so I don't post even if I remember them very clearly. I don't actually get it in the dream though, I just see it and then the dream either ends or takes a sudden left turn. It's very frustrating.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 22, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »

Dreamt I was in a fantasy game or something, driving a wagon through the mountains, with some companions. We were constantly assaulted by wolves. Some of them were like normal wolf size, and then there were some that were bigger than the horses. We decided we didn't stand a chance if we stopped and fought, so I drove the wagon forward while my companions fought to keep them off. This went on through miles as the sun set and rose again, we galloped over a mountain and into the valley beyond. Halfway down the mountain we were barreling forward at full speed, trying not to lose the wagon around the switchbacks. The wolves kept coming until we cleared the treeline but by then all my companions had fallen off the cart. I rammed the wagon through the marsh and across the river to the other side, where I entered a town, and continued through the town and up the other side of the valley, to a fortress built into the peak of the mountain, where dwarves were waiting for their treasure chest that I was bringing. Companions eventually made it back, alive, I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3530 on: April 22, 2017, 02:35:51 pm »

I was walking through Paris, though it was cleaner and safer than I remembered, and it was lacking its Eiffel tower or its river, for that matter it looked nothing like Paris and reminded me much more of North London in the layout of Dutch city. A friend and I were running, being chased by some organized criminals who wanted our heads for a reason I did not know. By a fountain, at 2:00 A.M. being overlooked by glass office blocks, their lights turned off so the only illumination was by the fountain lightly dusted in snow, I was alone and reached for my phone - only to find, it was my friend's and not my own. I looked for my own number and called it, finding my friend and I had accidentally swapped phones, even more miraculously we found we were not too far off, being just the other side of the weird modern art sculpture in the fountain. Dream ended there, waking up at 4:00 A.M. to finish work so I could reunite IRL with friends I haven't seen in ages

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 22, 2017, 06:03:49 pm »

The other night I had a dream which involved me arguing with people on the internet or something, getting rather salty about whatever it was and getting (very gently and politely, as far as I can remember) warned by the moderation on whatever site it was- it might have been Dream-Steam.

Then I took a break from the computer and wandered around a strange dream version of my room, trying to spyperv on some people outside without being seen. I took my shirt off at some point during that endeavour. Then eventually I lay down to sleep (or perhaps just rest?), started to doze off and then remembered something, either something I needed to do before sleep or some reason I didn't want to sleep just then.

I tried to open my eyes and sit back up, only to find that I was kind of locked in sleep, like I was straining against it but the sleep already had a hold of me and I couldn't summon quite the willpower necessary to back out of it. I was actually somewhat frightened by this for a moment, I worried that it might be some sort of medical condition and resolved to ask a doctor about it, before convincing myself that no, it was surely normal to sometimes nod off irresistibly like that when tired... and then at some point I realised that I was awake, finally, and then after a moment's looking at where I was I realised that this was real life that I'd woken up in, that the earlier nonsense was a dream, and that I had been in fact waking up from an actual, full sleep which was why it had been so damn hard. ???

It was rather odd. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:04 pm »

I was back in Boy Scouts, though more military.  Our troop was on a ride designed to simulate being ambushed and shot.  We knew it was coming, so it was simple to relax - even in the dream, we knew it was just a simulation, and the test was to remain calm.  The queasy sensation of the "bullets" passing through me only enhanced my feeling of zen...  Used to be an odd recurring theme in my dreams, many years ago.

Many of the other kids were also staying calm, but across the aisle was a friend I recognize from elementary school.  He was looking at me with panic.  And suddenly the zen was gone- there were things I cared about, and I started to feel scared.  I tried to comfort him, repeat it was all in our heads, reached out to him...  But he already had people there holding him, comforting him.  He was fine.  He reached out and took my hand anyway, and I hurried across to join them.

Even though the dream got weirdly political and gory later, kinda a nice dream.  Obvious parables, no "you're still dreaming" fuckery...  Felt like a dream I'd have in high school.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 26, 2017, 09:04:39 am »

Dreamt i was having trouble checking out at a cash register at the grocery store. Disnt like my bag of corn meal or something. It was just a big bag of dry corn flour. Then there was also discussing with a friend there why this girl that had stabbed me and a him and several other people, two of which had died, wasnt in prison. She was standing there next to us.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: April 26, 2017, 09:25:10 am »

I had a confusing time, last night.

Was I supposed to go to this place (that's out of my way) when I woke up, because within the dream I had dreamt that I had dreamt (within it) that I had arranged to meet somebody that I hadn't seen since before easter, knowing that it was a dream, but thinking that it was a dream copying reality (reminding me of a real-life obligation).

The trouble was, this confusion was all within a dream layer, which I phased in and out of, so that I was actually laying in my real bed trying to work out if this person (who I haven't seen for three years) actually last met up with me just before easter in a premises that doesn't exist upon a street that does, in a town that I could go to, if only I had a reason to do so.

Or maybe I should have gone to the place this person will be at today (a real place on a street in a totally different town) given the subconscious nudge.  But I haven't yet.  Thus I hope it's not a portent that I'm ignoring, 'real' and advantageous for me. Having no reason to believe it's a 'mere' echo of the previous day's actual events...  But of course no reason to believe it is anything actually meaningful.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 26, 2017, 10:07:19 am »

I had a dream that I was playing Deus Ex: The Fall, the mobile-only (until it wasn't lol) prequel to Human Revolution. Except... in my dream it was really, really good. I got very far in the game and was staying up all night to play it. I was dying a lot on the second-to-last area, a fight with some military guy that looked a lot like the bad guy from Fallout 3, and ended up getting so mad that I broke my cheap bluetooth tablet keyboard.

I guess it's literally in my dreams that I play a good FPS on mobile. :(
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3536 on: April 26, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »

I was sitting in my kitchen, drinking tea, talking to one of my friends - when suddenly I remarked, this is a dream, we are dreaming. My friend pondered if we should wake up, to which I replied let us dream a little longer. Oddly enough, this was not a lucid dream, it was only until after I had woken up that I realized the meaning of the words I observed spoken.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:25 am »

Something was stuck in my teeth, I had no idea what it was. I went to investigate with a toothpick, and found that one of my teeth was falling out. And taking a thumb-sized portion of the surrounding gums with it. It plopped out of my mouth as soon as I poked it. I spent the rest of the dream crying unconsoleably.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 27, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »

I can't remember much of my dream, but I do remember getting mad enough to toss my mobile at someone. When the mobile hit the ground (the throw was painful but otherwise ineffectual, from the target's reaction), the screen protector cracked. When I tried to remove the broken protector I wound up peeling off the phone's screen somehow.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:05 pm »

I had such a weird nonsense dream. I remember it Patrick and Spongebob on both sides of a ravine in my kitchen that did and didn't exist. Me trying to hide from some talking mystical shark that wanted my power and inevitably fighting it, getting high and a bit drunk with Gandalf, Saruman and Radgast, buying a product named "Boobies" from some store, and for some reason the way you buy them is a woman semi-sensually hands it to you and tells you the cost.

At some point with the fighting the mystical shark dream I defeat it and turn into some ravenous monster and destroy a bunch of villages, which are rather tiny and are but also not in my kitchen. I don't even know.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:35:00 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 339