Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571422 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3510 on: April 06, 2017, 11:44:35 pm »

Dreamt about delivering mail to elderly Hitler three times. First time he gave me a hand-signatured cope of Mein Kampf, and second time he gave a German dictionary v:

Third time it was just strawberry sweets. After I left his house, I had to run away from oversized mosquitos and I hid in an abandoned tank.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 08, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »

I had a dream that I went to work at Nintendo. The lady supervising me made me wear a Pokemon cosplay and we walked around the office with a 3DS for a while. I wore a little device kinda like a PokeWalker that was linked to the 3DS. We walked around the office until we encountered Pokemon in the game, then commenced a very bad Pokemon roleplay.

Then the game crashed and it turns out we were just testing it. I was led to my computer and along the way it turned out almost everybody I know works at Nintendo. All they seemed to be doing was playing previous Pokemon games on emulators.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 09, 2017, 03:28:58 am »

Dreamt that I took some drugs, and then took some more drugs.

Then later on I had a much longer dream involving this pair of gunslingers travelling across what seemed to be some 1800s frontier landscape or other. I'm not sure whether they were bounty hunters, assassins, detectives, miscellaneous criminals or what, but from what I remember they were heavily armed and on the trail of some illicit substance that was becoming/on the verge of becoming widespread in the region. Again, I can't remember if they were aiming to stop it or if they wanted to go into business.

It would be nice to remember more of this dream, since there were plenty of adventures during the journey, but unfortunately the only scenes I remember is the pair getting shot at by a couple of natives with some kind of primitive rifles or muskets. Luckily they were terrible shots. The gunslinger bringing up the rear reined his horse a little and considered returning fire, but then decided coming to a stop would make him an easy target even for them and sped up instead, galloping into some forest (previously they were on some sort of plains) after his comrade.

That guy's (he may have been the more central of the two main characters, not sure) horse was rather strange, it behaved almost like a giant rabbit in the way it hopped around and over obstacles in the gully they were riding down. I think it had some whimsical nickname to that effect. He was quite attached to it.

Shortly after that they found their quarry. Can't remember details, but they met up with some guy who showed them a bag of the stuff they were after. I vaguely remember one of them sticking his nose into the stuff as they discussed business, until someone pointed out that he was likely giving himself a huge dose just by doing so.

I get the feeling that dream was at least partially inspired by The Sisters Brothers, a rather excellent book that I would certainly recommend. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 09, 2017, 03:51:13 am »

Underwater robots, biologically inspired...  One, in particular, was like a horseshoe crab and had an unnaturally (even for a robotic horseshoe crab!) powerful method of penetrating toughened and armoured steels that had withstood every other attack possible...  Used one to get into a drowned building with a vault-door like entryway, to find ourselves in the lower storey of a house ((with a bank-vault doorway?? And with windows not as impenetrable, so... Why the need for the robot??)) abandoned to the flood. Going upstairs, into a trapped air bubble, there is a bedroom of the person who owned it, somehow still with lighting on, and in the corner an androidal robot, left there for a long time, having been active but aimless and just waiting for its owner to return.

(I'm sure there's people thinking there's something Jungian in the above... Though I seem to have avoided the Freudian.)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 09, 2017, 04:45:01 pm »

I dreamed that I added gorillas to a Dwarf Fortress mod. This resulted in a player committing suicide.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:48:05 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 14, 2017, 08:51:31 pm »

I overslept. I had a very small assignment that I could have easily done if I'd just woken up on time, but I had to rush out the door without showering or eating and got to class half an hour late. The prof gave me all kinds of shit about it over my protests and explanations, then did the math in front of the class over how awful my grade is now that I missed this little assignment. Everybody else got to look at cool bacteria under microscopes while I had to sit down and do mountains of pre-lab work in the time remaining.

And then I woke up and had plenty of time to get ready. Pretty mundane as far as nightmares go.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 15, 2017, 05:40:50 pm »

I dreamed that I added gorillas to a Dwarf Fortress mod. This resulted in a player committing suicide.
Didn't you or someone already say this?

I don't know. I only posted here once, and I didn't read the rest of the thread.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 17, 2017, 03:59:18 am »

I've been getting the Tetris effect with my grocery store cashiering job; I keep having dreams that have to do with arranging things in paper bags, or sometimes just repeatedly going through smalltalk about trivial shit. I get enough of that at work, brain, let's dream about something else!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3518 on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:48 am »

Had a dream in which I was producing a play and attending to its last minute finishing touches, I recall only at the end an amusing spectacle in trying to fashion a scythe which was solid enough to be dramatic but flimsy enough to be safe with which to provide a character playing death. One particular issue was that the actor playing death did not know how to use a scythe authentically, myself remarking exasperated that if they did not use it authentically, the farmers would know! The premise of the play was five Kings sitting at a table, all quarreling amongst themselves, while the death character waited patiently aside the stage behind them. I remember not much else about the play, though there were a good few jokes to cause me to chuckle

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 18, 2017, 11:40:11 am »

A night or two ago I had a dream in which I somehow became infected with a kind of zombie virus.
Now this was fairly benign as far as zombie viruses go, despite being technically dead I kept my mind, was still able to communicate and as far as I can remember there wasn't much or anything in the way of visible deterioration. Although I think it was still early days yet, I had only been recently infected...

The dream instead focused on the psychological impact of being undead.
It was rather less of a fun time than a certain popular, recent television series. It became known, as this relatively-harmless virus spread between certain people (as far as I can remember the majority of people remained unaffected, I can't recall exactly how the virus was transmitted- perhaps people quickly discovered how to avoid infection) around the world, that in addition to not really needing to give a fuck about anything anymore, being undead also tended to cause strong feelings of isolation and loneliness in its sufferers, being surrounded by the living going about their lives eating, drinking, breathing, trying to continue living and all.

At one point I was actually sitting with a few friends hanging out, and the conversation turned to my affliction. They mentioned those known mental side-effects of the disease with some concern, and I was both touched by their concern and worried to realise that I did indeed seem to be suffering those symptoms.
I realised that, apart from these three-or-four people I was speaking with, I had drifted apart from everyone I used to know. Who knew how long these friendships would last, either. It made it awfully hard to relate to people when you lost the most basic human common ground- the need for food, hydration and oxygen.

I gloomily pointed that out to them.
They kindly declared their intention to look out for me in future. Someone also then decided to introduce me to a mutual friend who was also suffering from the zombie virus, that we might compare notes and support one another through our difficulties. She and I wound up becoming fast best friends by the end of the dream, and I think our little two-person support group probably saved what was left of our sanity. It was quite nice, really.

Only later, after I'd been pondering this oddly-pleasant dream for quite a while, did it occur to me what a blatant metaphor my subconscious had come up with here. If you replace "zombie virus" with "anxiety and depression" it becomes pretty damn symbolic, just with less of the whole "opening up to people about your problems" kind of thing.
Maybe if my issues were the kind that caused pallid skin, dead grey eyes, a shuffling gait and groaned speech they'd be more noticabl- wait, I have half of those symptoms already. :P

Then again, I may have been watching Ugly Americans and its Mike/Randall interactions the night before, who knows.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 18, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »

I dreamed I went to a natural history museum of some kind. The exterior was a regular visitor center sized building in a sierra mountain park service area, pressed up against a cliff. But the inside was huge, like that of a metropolitan museum, though still with rustic decor. Miles and miles of wooden passages lined with the posed skeletons of all kinds of creatures, lit by yellow electric lamps dressed as oil lanterns. Except there were a few passages that seemed to be carved out of light grey moon rock? Anyways, the place was an absolute labyrinth, and I got lost fairly deep inside. At some point the museum closed and all the staff left, but no one noticed I was still there. So I was lost, trying to find my way to the exit, all alone except for all these skeletons and the sound of the electric lights. Except, sometimes I'd hear something moving and when I looked back into a room I just left, all the exhibits had edged closer to the door I'd left by.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:48 pm »

They were the skeletons of various forms of weeping angels. They're just so old and rickety and have arthritis so they cant reach you in good time.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 18, 2017, 06:56:46 pm »

The weird thing is, at one point I found a hallway (in one of the moonrock tunnels) that had Dwemer automatons from Skyrim on display instead, and following that the whole place turned gradually into a Dwemer ruin and a different dream entirely. So, a bit glad that I never found out what the skeletons were up to.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:10 am »

It's the stormy, flowery part of springtime. Time for more pretty, melancholy, bittersweet emotional dreams.

I had a dream about another ex-partner. The two of us were riding on an old-fashioned train, in a private car. It was a coastal, wintry scene outside the window. We rode past lines of tall, snow-covered alpine trees, growing next to a wide expanse of water, under grey-white skies. Instead of snow, there were these frozen bubbles of paper-thin ice, drifting around lazily in the air, wisps of frost coiling around inside and catching the light. My friend was in girl mode, wearing a vibrant and scratchy blue wool sweater. I was mostly looking out the window. They were quietly repacking their bag, but looked up at the view outside periodically with a restrained smile.

It got a bit chilly inside, and the bubbles started drifting in from somewhere else, over the high-backed seats that separated the private cars. Someone had opened a window for some reason. My friend leaned against me, and initiated us in laying down together on the bench for warmth. I wasn't expecting it, and my heart jumped a bit, but I settled down and it was nice. We started to talk a bit about our bodies, and what had changed since we were together. While we lay there, I was playing with some of the bubbles with a free hand, showing how they popped loudly, and left behind this frosty puff when they did. Was starting to feel cozy, and was honestly trying to be charming. They paused for a long moment, adjusted so they were facing away and we were only loosely holding each other, and said that they wouldn't be there with me if they had anyone else to be with right now. I stopped playing, pressed against their back in a light hug, and said "I know."

The dream continued on like that in silence, with us loosely clinging together, until I woke up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:37:31 am by Solifuge »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:07 am »

I keep getting vague impressions of dreams. Like... I was dreaming, but I barely remember enough to know I was dreaming. It's odd.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 339