Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512709 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3450 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:31 am »

Had a dream that was just, a regular day in the life of Metm. Except everything was getting slower over time though until eventually everything just stopped

And after like a few hours or days or whatever, time stopped but I was still aware of passage of time, you feel me, I woke up & I was scared
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 20, 2017, 10:06:39 pm »

Last night I had a dream about a gang of children/youths led by an older boy who seemed to be phenomenally lucky.
They would rob banks and escape into the wilderness on horseback. This was in modern times, so that was very unusual.
There were casualties, of course, and narrow escapes, double-crosses (I think) and plenty of bloodshed on both sides- I remember whatever character I was ambushing a group of police at one point and gunning them down at close range with a machine pistol. It was a rather shocking moment for most of the gang, I believe, although one of the officers survived despite terrible injuries and I wound up crouching down and having a long chat with them, after which I think the gang kind of adopted her as their mascot. It was weird. Dream logic, I guess.

Can't remember how it all ended, unfortunately. I doubt it had a happy ending.
I remember one moment where the leader was galloping away from a building along with one of his young comrades, only for his companion to be shot by police just before they got away. The older youth lifted him off his horse, noted with sadness just how tragically young the kid was, and then hid his body in the undergrowth.
That might have either caused the gang's leader a great deal of guilt and remorse or fired his thirst for revenge, but sadly I cannot remember. I think that was before the aforementioned group of police were shot, though, so it may have been the latter. Wish I could remember more, it was a long and exciting dream.     

The other night I remember a dream where I was in the role of some woman whose child had been abducted/otherwise misplaced, and in my desperation I was consulting some sort of shaman or mystic, who seemed to be using some sort of hypnotism (on another companion) combined with a ouija board kind of setup. All I remember is that one scene, but it was all very emotional, mysterious and interesting.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:14 am »

Last night I dreamed I went to the super market and bought some groceries. Primarily a huge block of cheese. I then woke up and decided this was a dream, but I really wanted that cheese, so I went to the supermarket and bought some cheese and ate some. It was really good cheese. I then woke up for reals. I actually considered grabbing a block of cheese while I was at the store today >.>
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: January 28, 2017, 10:14:40 pm »

So, I'm going to copy-paste the most recent entry from my dream diary, with a few edits so that it's readable by people who don't know me on a quite personal level.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:46:25 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 29, 2017, 01:15:20 pm »

This was a strange dream.

I am abducted by my uncle, (he is very bad irl, he steals stuff and is constantly drunk).

I do not even remember that I was tortured but ""later"" in the dream it is implied.
I then remember that the dream somehow warps trough two days and I break out of his house all while he follows me to catch me.

I then start screaming at the whole town and somehow manage to beat the hell out of him and put him on the ground, meanwhile a police cruiser rolls nearby and for a second I thought I was going to get arrested, because it would look like I am the aggressor.

Then I notice I am missing my fourth finger on my right hand I exactly remember how my thoughts were like: "Ohh my finger, how I miss you" and I started remembering all the stuff I could do with five fingers, and those times were gone.

Uncle gets arrested and my parents and pretty much whole town comes to see what is happening.
Uncle also resists the arrest a bit but gets subdued pretty quick.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 30, 2017, 05:13:56 am »

So I had a semi-coherent dream last night,
where humanity was apparently in a war with an extraterrestrial space empire.
I was shooting (wielding some weird alien rifle, that could apparently charge its shots in order to pierce through tougher armor) at some robotic or mech-like constructions, when I was greeted by the alien overlord via some sort of screen.
For some reason, the conversation was about the free will of the robots they kept sending against me.
Then he argued that humanity have always treated machines in the same way and that we were no different from his own kind.

I unfortunately woke up before I got anything more out of this weird dream.
It was one of those dreams that felt strange but awesome at the same time.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:16:52 am by Ultimuh »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 02, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »

Recently I've been having dreams that somewhat continue after I wake up and fall back asleep, in the first one I was studying some weird magic, and half the time I was about to pass out for some reason, eventually I learned I could travel to any point in time with no chance of anything going wrong, even going down the same timeline of my life in the same place I already was. I didn't have to worry about seeing another me from another time though, only one of me could exist at any time. Later things got weirder, like me attempting to summon some very, VERY, strange things. I then meet a talking cat, I think he was supposed to be my trainer or something, later I also become a cat. I then wake up.

The second dream was a bit weirder, I remember very little from it, but I remember watching TV and knowing a woman on it, she was also in the room with me as well. Later in the dream, vicious man eating killer whales come out of the ground and begin destroying and killing everything. I quickly get outside and a killer whale with long flowing purple hair comes out after me. It charges around killing what It can and I try to hide from it by turning purple, apparently purple things are invisible to it. I say something about being safe after I turned myself completely purple but, the killer whale heard me, it said "I can still hear you though." It bites my hand and doesn't really do anything, I then somehow manage to absorb its power, its seems to shrink and is also rather bummed out about this.

I later find a guy I was talking to before and tell him something, I walk around a bit and I hear something coming, I immediately move to hide and in comes a zombie version of the guy I was talking to before. His eyes are now little mouths and he attempts to bite me, he's rather weak and I hold him back quite easily, I attempt various spells on him, but it only seems to make it worse as his flesh disappears at some point. I decided to try and absorb his power and some weird overly dramatic sequence of one my blood vessels intertwining with his and I yell to him "Break the link! Don't let it flow!" We break the link and he is back to his normal human self. We appear in a different location and we're talking about what happened and what we're going to do now. I was planning on marrying the woman from the TV earlier in the dream. He was rather depressed from all the death that happened earlier and I attempted to make him feel better.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 02, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »

Night before last I had a dream in which I came to some strange apartment building and picked up my girlfriend. The owners were part of a sex trafficking ring and had kidnapped her to sell her, so I barged in and threatened to shoot the guy and everyone he knew. In the end they let her go and we left. The guy told me to watch my back, so I turned around and threatened to shoot him in front of his sons, and then shoot them too, and find his wife and other relatives, because they were all chinese immigrants and "wouldnt be missed" and that I was a member of the Klan (as in the KKK) and it would mean war if he kept talking shit (A bluff, but I'm a pasty white guy from an area where they (the KKK) and the neo-nazis (together collectively called "Skinheads" out here and are basically the biggest organized crime/cultists/pariahs in this region of the U.S.) like to make little forts and play militia). In hindsight it was a stupid bluff to try to make because my girlfriend was also asian, so they could have called me out on that. Or just shot me at any time.
Anyway, we got out of there, I brought a spare change of clothes for my girlfriend and stopped in an unused recreation area by the lake so she could change and dispose of the gown and sweats they had her wear (Because I was paranoid and thought they might be bugged/have a GPS tag in them somewhere) Then we went to the police, and I told them where to find these guys, because I thought there were probably more women in the house. And also had to admit to all the threats I'd made... Most violent dream I've had, like, ever.

Last night's dream was really weird too. I was working with an archaeologist, and she and I wanted to get in and excavate a site that was being looted by treasure hunters. So we talked our way into joining their outfit and helping to collect and market the artifacts they found (and document them in our spare time.) I helped a little with the digging, but my primary job was to operate a steam locomotive they were using to transport them and their goods. Apparently the engineer died or something, and he had worked mainly alone. So I spent most of the dream running around the cabin playing with equipment to keep this steam engine going, the fire itself being ridiculously small, and at one point ran out of coal in the cabin. So I had to search the vehicle frantically to figure out where the engineer had been keeping the coal, because they didnt have one of those box carts you associate with steam locomotives. I finally found it in the overhead crawlspace of the first railcar behind the engine, and threw a few more handfuls of coal into the furnace. It went on like that for hours.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 02, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »

I dreamed I was walking through a mountain valley, surrounded by bright green grass and small white flowers close at hand and snow-capped peaks and steep cliffs farther out. The air was crisp and clean, as though there'd just been a rainstorm, and a cool breeze came down from the high peaks to soften the warmth of the afternoon sun. I was standing next to a lone birch tree at the top of a small rise, and on the other side I could see the start of a rugged looking path moving up steeply into the next valley. The dream jumped ahead, and I stood at the top of the path. Looking behind I could see the birch tree a very long way down, and on the other I could see a wide crater lake. The top was frozen solid, with the top of a crumbling and badly weathered stone tower stuck through the middle. I crossed the ice very carefully before clambering into the tower through a window at what was once the topmost chamber, now only about 4 feet above the ice. Inside I found what was clearly once someone very important's bedroom. At the far end of the room was an ornate iron bed with the tattered and faded remains of red and yellow bedding. Through the rest of the room I could see the remains of extremely expensive looking wooden furniture, and a leather couch that looked just like the one in my living room looking very out of place next to a stairwell.

Looking down I could see that it was black, but there was a flickering light coming from a room somewhere near the bottom. I climbed down the stairs very slowly and came to a heavy looking oaken door. The light I'd seen was shining through a broken slot down near the floor. Then I noticed that the door didn't have a handle on this side. I tried to push the door open, but it refused to budge. I looked down through the opening at the floor, but it was much too small for me to fit through and all I could see through it was the far wall. I decided to try to pull the door open by grabbing it from the top of the slot, but my alarm woke me up before I could test out my idea.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3459 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:53 am »

I dived into my lake on a grey winter sky, with goggles on and hands helping me descend further by pulling down on a guiding pole to the bottom of the lake. Upon reaching the bottom I realized I had gone too far down and was drowning, but to make matters worse I was attacked by a giant crayfish that promptly bisected me, its claw severing me in twain from clavicle to ribcage. This was very painful, undesirable, and I figured I was going to die in the next few seconds, but at that moment I realized crayfish do not get that big and by all rules of reality, if I was to die I would already have drowned to death long before being attacked by the megafauna. I looked down and saw my whole body was restored, at once noticing this was a dream. The crayfish no longer attacked me, and I was free to swim the lake regardless of air

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 09, 2017, 03:34:22 am »

I dived into my lake on a grey winter sky, with goggles on and hands helping me descend further by pulling down on a guiding pole to the bottom of the lake. Upon reaching the bottom I realized I had gone too far down and was drowning, but to make matters worse I was attacked by a giant crayfish that promptly bisected me, its claw severing me in twain from clavicle to ribcage. This was very painful, undesirable, and I figured I was going to die in the next few seconds, but at that moment I realized crayfish do not get that big and by all rules of reality, if I was to die I would already have drowned to death long before being attacked by the megafauna. I looked down and saw my whole body was restored, at once noticing this was a dream. The crayfish no longer attacked me, and I was free to swim the lake regardless of air

"When most people die in their dreams, they wake up.

When I die in my dreams, I start lucid dreaming."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 09, 2017, 03:56:53 am »

While I do not remember the details of my dream, I remember the important parts. Tommy Wiseau, jumbo-sized hot dogs, and KY jelly. The jelly was thankfully never used.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: February 09, 2017, 05:02:46 am »

Several modes of dream, last night. One was that I accomplished a hostage rescue of 18 people (an important number, because I had to install 9 flatpack wardrobes in the two luxury coaches with which we drove ourseves away from the situstion, and they were each to use half the storage of a unit), but in the process I left behind my wardrobes (three black-veneered ones, full of oossessions!) in the interrogation room. I complained,  but most of my stuff that I had infiltrated(?) to effect the rescue I tben had to leave behind! I thought this unfair.

After a bit more messing about (chaotic cartography!), I then 'won' the Lottery (with something between 2 and 4 numbers, the details never stayed the same) which entitled me to a prize of...  a choice of one of two different special Technic LEGO bricks. One waz a 3x3 array of holes (at first sight, and apparently I already had one of those so was only mildly excifed by it, and the special purpose for which it was intended) and the other a long piece, meant to form a compact 'gearbox' casing, with a top-down entry for an axle to act as gear-lever as well as the through-axles for input and output power, and (somehow) room for the bevel gears used in the internals and the transverse joint ("diver's helmet" piece, as I always used to call it, modern variants lack the 'pips' for ears, though) necessary to pivot the lever axle on.  Positively TARDISian in its capacity, I discovered, after choosing it.  Very happy, but also got to see some overcomplicatedly new Space LEGO pieces and hear some newly released Beatles tracks (made from pre-split test recordings of concepts) that my fellow listeners wers very disappointed with.  (They were a bit "Octopuses Garden" in style, but tending towards the more modern than they ought to have been - at the time, they would have been 'ahead of their time', but this didn't satisfy my companions at all, who considered them a waste of time. But at least I was happy with my pieces of lego...)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3463 on: February 09, 2017, 09:18:23 am »

"When most people die in their dreams, they wake up.

When I die in my dreams, I start lucid dreaming."
Usually I wake up, but the crayfish is a very illumninating animal

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 19, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »

I had a dream where my dog, who I no longer actually have, got out. Much of the dream was spent in a panic and at some point the police were called. They brought back the wrong dog, though. Eventually I was led to my dog by another dog and was able to bring him back.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 339