Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571160 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3480 on: March 05, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »

Yup. Only rapid out of control oxidation going on here. Certainly no nuclear fission or fusion.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: March 05, 2017, 10:39:17 pm »

I dreamt i was on an aircraft carrier, and a car accident from the deck had exposed a dutch neighborhood directly below deck.  i climbed down in and broke their gas and water main doing it.

inside i snuck around the house, exploring it until a neighbor came by. instead of being mad, the family offered me pastries and a lounge chair and old wooden-stand built-in speakers tv.  in the ac.

hunh, nicest people ever.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: March 06, 2017, 07:51:42 am »

I was the Cumberbatch Sherlock (at least some of the time), of the more sociable-at-least-with-his-his-friends kind. Through some prior action (part of the earlier dream) I'd managed to cause difficulties to some businessmen, and so during a social gathering there was a clear plot (from a third-person perspective) to do...  something to Sherlock and his Sherlockian fellow diners.

(I'm more sure than I might have been that I was First Person Sherlock at some point because at one point "I" tasted some crisps, and tasted their strong flavour. I have no reason to think that I have specifically dreamt a taste, before, so that's noteworthy.  By the way, 'Sherlock' misidentified the flavour (it was something like Worcester Sauce), with the old "I don't need to know whether the Earth goes round the Sun or vice versa"-type excuse.)

He/I deduces this and... it resolves somehow. Probably by my waking up. Darn.

As it was still far too early, this morning, I had another doze.  This time I ended up carrying the infant son of some spy up a drainpipe to where I could look through a window at a 'secret supermarket' that he was in (the spy, that is, and also loads of other spies, and various members of staff, including waiters for the 'spy restaurant' through another door, not far from the tills).

Then (spies and sons of spies forgotten!) it turned into a hotel/convention centre (not for spies!) and I after join in and mingle I end up having to catch some (golf?) balls being thrown at my group and go off to try to find some members of staff to give them to. (Mostly to annoy the throwers, who 'have' to go and reclaim their balls (whch, had I not caught them, confiscated them and carried them away, would have violently and bruisingly bounced back to them off whoever they had hit). By involving 'officialdom' in their fate, I felt that I was winning a small war, or at least making it a more publicly acknowledged vendetta with the possibility of further consequences.

As it happened, it took ages to find members of staff, in amongst the throngs, wandering through dining areas (without suitable supervisory staff!) and corridors flanked by meeting rooms and convention banners, and through throngs of fellow attendees (and attendees of an unrelated event, I discover), only to make my way back to the original focus of activity. And possibly find a staffed bar just beyond, that would have served my dutiful purpose within moments, rather than the huge and fruitless trek I had just made.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: March 07, 2017, 03:08:24 am »

Ever had a dream, where you feel restrained and also feel like someone is poking really hard at one of your sides? Yeah that happened last night. It's the worst.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: March 07, 2017, 05:21:19 am »

I had a dream that I drank two whole half-gallon jugs of chocolate milk in one sitting, then read the nutrition information and found there were 5 servings of 900 calories each in each jug.

I didn't regret it in the dream and I don't think I would in real life either.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3485 on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:12 pm »

My friend told me of a horrifying dream they had. They slumbered and found themselves in an abandoned hospital. The lights were on and he looked for an exit, failing to find anyone to notify of his presence. Finding the staircase (for in any such odd occurrence, one would not take the lift), he made ready to descend - when over the bannister of the spiraling staircase he witnessed a pair. A mother and her daughter, merely standing there in hospital gowns, motionless. Three stories below him, the girl reaches out and somehow crosses the gulf in space to reach his face - covering it, the world goes black.
He wakes up, his heart pounding immensely. He can hear it thump, thump, thump. He looks up. The girl is there, watching him.
He waits.
He wakes up.
Measuring his breathes, he finally is awake for real. He looks to his black chair in the dark, looking ominous, and moves it out of the room before going back to sleep.

Pretty dank case of sleep paralysis imo

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: March 08, 2017, 10:55:58 pm »

This was an unusually vivid dream, almost overwhelmingly so. The nature and the detailed visual content are both fairly normal but I almost never notice sounds, temperature, or smells to such a degree.

Dreamed I was out in the park in my hometown. Just like it was when I did it IRL it was late afternoon and there had been light rain all day, and the water was nearly up to the riverwalk. The normally clear river was muddy brown and choppy, and everything had a sort of grey cast over it, partly because of the recent rain and partly because of the late hour. Some geese were browsing on the riverbank and by the wooded edge of the lake on the other side of the path, and I could hear and see finches, squirrels, ducks, and cardinals flitting around the branches above my head and in the brush by the lake. As I went the path edged downward, until the ground on both sides was partly submerged in the river. The path itself remained dry and I had my good boots on, so I kept going. Soon all resemblance to the real place was gone, and I was walking along a raised wooden boardwalk with leafless trees and patches of thick bramble on either side, all covered over with knee-deep water. The birds and geese were gone, replaced by blackbirds, lizards, and the odd snake whose scales were the same muddy brown as the river. It got darker as I moved along and soon I started to hear insects buzzing around me, and the clean petrichor smell of the riverwalk was replaced with a very earthy mixture of rotten leaves, dirty water, and animal musk. It was still pretty peaceful and I saw nothing wrong with this, and carried on admiring the scenery as the walk's path got more and more convoluted as it started to weave around trees.

Soon the place was dark like twilight, and the trees got thicker and more gnarled. Bramble came right up to the path now, and while I never had to move it aside it obscured the swamp beyond to an increasing degree, until I could see nothing else except for the trunks of the now ancient looking trees for several meters at a time, standing out a darker brown or occasionally edging right up against the walk. I noticed that the temperature had fallen a bit, and I wished I was wearing something more substantial than a t-shirt, hoodie, and jeans. I zipped up the hoodie and carried on, until I came upon a 90 degree corner, my view around it obscured by another thick tree. I looked around it carefully, to find that the path immediately doubled back, around the tree. There, too, the path went a short way only to make a turn around the tree. I looked behind me, and found that the way was blocked off - the railing squaring off the edge like it had always been that way, with no indication it had ever been any other way. The swamp, I noticed, was now completely silent. Casting about I found that I couldn't spot a single living thing other than myself. The sickly sweet swamp smell was now unpleasantly strong. The buzzing returned suddenly, and very loudly, accompanied by a sort of dull rumbling that was only just high enough to be heard. The rumbling got louder and louder until it drowned out even the buzzing, and I realized suddenly that I was very obviously in the beginning of a nightmare. Just like that I was back on the river walk from before, now sunny and warm, sitting on a bench feeding bread crumbs to some extraordinarily friendly geese and mallards.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:26 am »

I had a dream that two friends, one IRL and one imagined for the dream, were kidnapped by a psychopath. The imaginary one was cut in half with a table saw, while I never found my IRL friend. I discovered this in third-person mode, seeing my reaction as if it were a movie. That's cool because I had it graphically described to me by the cop that came round to investigate anyway. The killer started at the top of the head, but got diverted somewhere along the way and ended up cutting the heart straight in half. Didn't explain the random shreds of skin draped all over the machine.

For some reason I was sent back to class, in full PTSD breakdown mode, that nobody seemed to notice. I kept believing that the body I saw wasn't who I knew it was, asking if anybody around had seen her, myself covered in mud and blood and rust flakes from the crime scene. I kept convincing and un-convincing myself that my other friend was dead somewhere on that scene too and I'd find out in the news or on Facebook tomorrow.

Then I woke up! Jolly!

I'm still pretty upset, that was fucked up. Affected me more than the description makes it seem. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: March 11, 2017, 02:14:10 pm »

I had a dream where I, my boyfriend, and a friend of mine were leading an army against some sort of organization in a city. I had an army of orcs and we happily went on a rampage through the city. We wiped the enemy, but then some girl who was somehow important got all of her blood drained out by a vampire or something. After that I was kidnapped by the vampire and kept in an airplane scrapyard for like 40 years, presumably being tortured and used as a blood source because vampire. The rest of the dream followed my boyfriend and my friend on my trail after 40 years, but I woke up before they found me.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: March 19, 2017, 03:10:38 am »

I swear, I keep having dreams about having the power to manipulate time. Just recently I had a dream that not only did I have the power to manipulate time, I am THE master of time and I have absolute control over it and I used a little pocket watch to do so. Apparently I was serving under someone and I was supposed to go to their daughters wedding. I was fairly distressed when I realized that I had missed the wedding then I remembered, I control time, so its no big deal and I reverse time to before about an hour before the wedding.

I go in and get seated and I realize, I don't have a suit, so I rush out and stop time so me and some other guy who didn't seem to exist up until this point could get properly dressed for the wedding. For some reason we decided the best place to look was in a public restroom. Dream ended shortly after that.

Had another dream that I was in some small room with someone that might be in another dimension? We staying there to wait out some apocalypse and at some point I let a woman and her two daughters in from one of the shielded portals that existed on each side of the room. I forgot to turn one of the shields on the portals back on and the younger daughter managed to run through it and out of the room, the mother chased after her and disappeared. I think I might of locked the portal or waited a bit then I went after them. Now I'm in a very small very skeleton filled tunnel and I see in the distance a massive jungle, the woman and her daughter are nowhere to be seen. I somehow know that this place is inhabited by dinosaurs or creatures similar to them, I can hear a creature making noise in the distance, I cant quite describe it but it made me feel VERY anxious, so I crawl back through the skeleton filled tunnel as fast as I can and find the portal is gone! The eldest daughter had shut it off and locked me out, fortunately either she turned it back on or the guy inside did because the portal turned back on and I was able to get back inside safely.

I also remember some other dream that had Patrick Star singing to some heavy metal music, something about "WHAT IS LIFE" or something
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:42:54 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3490 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »

So a few days ago, i had an unusual variation of a kind of dream i occasionally have; the kind where i'm better at arting that i am in reality. In such dreams, i would, by means unknown to me, end up producing things well beyond my actual ability, and afterwards wake up like "darn". This one was different, however.

I was worse, not better. I was sketching, very specifically, a close-up of a female abdomen with accompanying hips and abs (and i am entirely aware of why that would be, but that is a different matter). It just... Didn't look good. The sketchy phase was okay, but then i started making these really ugly thick lines (like, 1 cm thick) with a very uneven filling, deliberately. I just wrote it off as the pencil having a blunted tip. Then i woke up. It then struck me that i would NOT have done like that in reality, and would in fact have performed better. I don't know how common it is to dream that you're worse at something, but it's certainly not something i dream very often. >.>

Earlier yet, i also had my second ever round of sleep paralysis, but it was honestly quite uneventful. I realized what was going on very quickly, and experimented a bit with trying to move, which i obviously couldn't. Unlike the first time, however, i saw The Intruder(tm) this time, which was just a black shadowy human figure sneaking silently into my room via the door, and that was it. I tried to tell it to go away and stuff, but as it is, total paralysis also includes not being able to speak, although in my head it did sound like i managed to kinda whisper/rasp the words out. Mostly i was just worried that it'd jumpscare me while i was helpless. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:31 am »

Once I realized that I was dreaming and began lucid dreaming when I suddenly realized I was naked.

But you guys probably want a more thoroughly described dream, huh? Okay, here's what I can remember of the one I had last night.

The dream world handled a lot like a video game, strangely enough; sort of like an off-brand SAO. It started in an expansive, confusingly laid-out house which was reminiscent of a Doctor Seuss illustration. In all honesty, it was a house I would be thrilled to live in despite that. What went on inside the house is a huge gap in my memory, sadly, but eventually I walked out of the house onto a lush, grassy plateau in the mountains. Or maybe It was one of a cluster of sky-islands? I can't quite remember which. Before long, though, a sky-island drifted directly above where the house sat. Seizing the opportunity, I threw up a huge lasso and managed to secure the end on the island, and I held it from drifting off with only my own body and the rope tied to it. Eventually, I tied it down and made my way on top, only to find there wasn't much on top. However, other sky islands drifting by contained a slew of adorable animals which I was quick to take in and pen up; I distinctly remember catching a tiny passing island to find a pair of adorable dalmatian puppies on top. However, as I was working to protect the island I was on from hostile spawns a la minecraft, an enormous flying monster swooped down from above and attacked me. I don't remember what I was wielding in the ensuing combat, but it was followed shortly after by another monster, much smaller and weaker but still quite dangerous, fell onto the wrangled island from above. The last thing I remember before waking up was seeing more and more dangerous monsters fall onto the island, at least two of which were distinctly humanoid, with the ensuing battle continuing to appear more and more difficult.
I never did think to look up and see where they were coming from...
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: March 20, 2017, 11:14:33 am »

So, last night I seem to have been playing a game (LARPy, but taken seriously) in which I was in an alternate culture and land of similarity to my own (both within and outwith the dream), in that the railway station that featured at one point was very like the one that's 10 minutes walk from my current desk...

There was some sort of clamp-down on people (ID cards being scanned) and information (limited access to wireless communications). I got involved by accidentally discovering that some items being delivered to some people contained (clear!) jiffy bags full of illicit Wifi connectivity equipment. It soon devlolved intoma state of having already been arrested by the feminazi-like authority figures, escaped (with help) on the Welsh border (which was somewhere on the Norfolk/Suffolk western edges border..!) and now was stuck unable to enter a hotel floor because to go past the guard(ess) in the stairwell/atrium would have highlit my flagged ID as rearrest-worthy, so I hid in the loos on another floor (with rain dripping in) while I tried to work out what the GM of the game (remember, LARPish, although also 'real') was demanding of my character...  There was something I should do... Maybe get arrested but escape again?

Never resolved, though. It deteriorated into a "what are we going to do now?" stalemate, grinding to a halt.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: March 20, 2017, 11:36:35 am »

I kept dreaming last night that my goldfish somehow ended up in a bunch of different tanks at a fish store.  I had to find them all to bring them home but I kept accidentally grabbing the wrong ones because they looked so similar.  I eventually managed to get 3 out of 4 of them but my best goldfish was still missing.

It was stressful.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: March 20, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

I've been having lots of dream lately where I get into a fight with someone, they're teasing me like high school kids or preventing me from doing something, or threatening something I care about. I always wake up yelling, swinging my fists at nothing, and I'm just insanely pissed off. My family is starting to get worried because they say its been happening even more than I remember, and the last time I woke up to fond I had literally bitten my dogs leg, not the guy attacking me, she was yelping and terrified. Its really starting to bother me, I don't like the idea that I could hurt my pets in my sleep
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 339