Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568940 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3270 on: October 05, 2016, 10:01:51 am »

This is pretty par for the course as far as my dreams go, but Tiruin said it's worth posting here, since I started writing down my dreams again.

There was more prior to what I recall, but as usual I couldn't remember except some vague bits about reading excerpts of writing in a manor. Then me and other people were observing a room in a manor which had turned into the void, or rather infintie space. Everything in it is utter darkness and you know if you went inside you'll fall through the infinite blackness forever.

At some point not long after that, I was Satan himself. Not the horned beast, mind you, more like Professor Woland (Satan in the novel Master and Margarita). Either way, chicanery was afoot, and I was going around scamming and tricking people, one I can remember being me taking over an empty manor, and as a police inspector came to visit (presumably because the previous owner met an unfortunate end) I disguised myself as the butler to receive him, and left him as he went to the Master's study so that I can disguise as the master of the house. All of the Satan sequence happened in a retro pixel game perspective, much like The Last Door games.

Some time later, I was in a temple, or I assume at this point it was already a temple in my dream. I was assaulted by the gorilla, I could feel the text being narrated by a certain friend of mine who occasionally write erotica, and I used the tranquilizer to escape but the tranq dart only served as aphrodisiac to the gorilla's weird biology. Guess what happened next. I was on the bottom. Also Wikipedia talked in my head about the virtues of a gorilla's reproductive organs.

When I left the satisfied gorilla to clean myself I wiped up with a towel and swaddled myself in it to find clean clothes. It is at this point I realize I'm in a buddhist temple. I went to the carpark and met my mom who doesn't seem to take note of me being in just my towel, and she presumably said something but I couldn't remember. I looked in the car for clothes but there were only sweets.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 05, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

I was outside in the snow with some people and I was a woman, I was fighting a brain that from what I could tell wanted to infect my brain with whatever it had. It was shooting long tendrils of its brain matter at me and injecting them into my body, it was excruciating, I would pull out a tendril and rip it a apart but another one would just push into me again, slowly forcing its way up my body towards my brain, this process repeated until eventually I had the sense to crush the brain attacking me reducing it to mush.

The people I was with were just sitting there watching, I know they couldn't really do anything to help but they could of at least ran away! I felt relief as I believed it was over, then I hear it, some of the brain chunks have come back to life and are crawling towards me under the snow, I tell everyone the need to run now and they do so. I start flying for a short distance before my body fails me and I say "Oh, I've died." and I crash into the ground, I lie there content, I'm about to die but my brain would not become whatever that thing was. I suddenly notice that the brain chunks are slowly moving towards me, this frightens me and I nearly cry I don't want to die this way becoming some kind of brain monster.

I summon up all my willpower and get up, I go into my house and get my dog and run away from the house and the brain monster chunks. I walk down the road holding my dog and begin to sing to it, I don't know if I'm about to die or if I'll keep living at this point so I just keep walking. Dream ends.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3272 on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »

Loud Whispers:I'd love to offer some insight, so take it with a grain of salt; but have you ever read the book 'Lord of the flies'? In it, it details primal human nature and how the collapse of man can happen the instant they lose structure. Maybe your dream was some symbolism of your inner or outer consciousness, or things that affect you in your day to day life that you just don't really have time to think about it for. So, on that note, I won't spoil the ending of the lord of the flies, but a major key point in the book(that I read in high school) was that even if all of man were to fall, there would at least be one that would still retain their humanity, and they would be rewarded for it.

Sounds cryptic I know but I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it.
Nah I never read Lord of the Flies before

I think it's symbolism of my hatred of flies and my love of great expanses of world

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 07, 2016, 11:39:01 pm »

Just woke up from a great set of interesting and dramatic dreams.
For some reason I don't  believe I've been having as many exciting dreams as I usually would lately, and I've barely been remembering anything of them.

First I remember, there was some weird, kinda awesome sci-fi/fantasy thing. Might have been a book/graphic novel I was reading or a film/TV series I was watching... had these really cool aesthetics, with colour schemes that kinda maybe reminded me of old Bitmap Brothers artworks, I guess.

At some point towards the end of that dream I (as in, me that was reading/watching, not whoever's viewpoint the thing may have mostly been from) made the mistake of glancing at the back cover, copping what seemed like a massive spoiler for my trouble. It described the heart-wrenching scene where a main character, possibly the main character, sacrificed his life to reawaken the old guardian robots of the strange land/planet he and his companions had somehow wound up on (crashlanded?) and I assumed that was going to be much later in the series, but then it happened at the end of the book/issue/episode I was currently reading/watching, so that was a relief.

Later on in another dream one of my oldest IRL friends (and former housemates) and I were robbing super valuable (or "hot") stuff from people's backyard's for some reason. Like, possibly illegal stuff super illegal-type dudes. There was this one yard we'd stolen stuff from earlier in the dream (plants? Buried treasure? I don't know) where things had gone smoothly, we crept past that one rather nervously until we reached another one just down the street from it.

For some reason some lunatic we knew of who owned this yard had guns and hand grenades lying around in it.
I think it may have been a trap, purely to attract people to try and steal his stuff so that he could kill them. Not sure.
 Anyway, we headed into this guy's yard to steal the stuff. Can't remember how we got in but, sure enough, there were a couple of silenced pistols lying there, along with a bunch of innocuous, green hand grenades just sitting in the garden.
It had been daylight when we approached the place, but for some reason as we crouched in the garden discussing our plan it quickly became night.

Um, can't remember the rest very well now... basically, we were taking the stuff when I heard a sound and saw the light of a torch/flashlight coming towards us through the garden. So we ran, with the crazy owner of the place chasing us, leaping over fences and what-not. My friend ended up getting shot, and I somehow leapt over a fence, grabbed the wall of a house and hung there until our pursuer came around the corner, then frantically starting to fire one of the pistol's we'd stolen.
Riddled him with bullets and that's the last I can remember of that dream.

There was another dream later on, but I don't really remember it... at all, now. Dang.
It was probably the best one, too. :P

All these have since been kind of overshadowed by the frightening sleep paralysis-y 'is it really a dream'-type shit I experienced when I went back to bed later on. Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 08, 2016, 03:25:31 am »

Very weird and intense one about a boy whose father locked up his daughter in a cupboard for years and drove the mother away. There were also two weird uncles, and two other brothers. The uncles hated one another, one went into the cupboard to escape his nemesis, in fact, once it was vacated. One of the brothers, immensely fat, got locked away and presumably starved, the other was shot several dozen times in the dramatic final scene. It was confused but highly emotional, though a bit corny towards the end.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3275 on: October 20, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

First, I was reading a book. It started out as The Golden Compass, then something weird happened and the plot went in a completely different direction. It's hard to remember how it went, but it moved erratically between different genres. Why were there computers? Why?

Then something else happened that I can't remember, but I was probably a girl, because I was actually confused to be a boy when I woke up. Interesting. That's the first time that's happened; I had been a girl in previous dreams, but I was never discombobulated when I returned to reality.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 20, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

So like, I had this weird dream and basically all I remember is turning into a wolf creature and being insanely pissed at a local cicis I used to go to, standing in front of it.

Then I remember going back to bed and falling asleep in the exact same position I fell asleep in. Then I woke up immediately after as it was some horrible nightmare. Weird.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 20, 2016, 09:25:58 pm »

So like, I had this weird dream and basically all I remember is turning into a wolf creature and being insanely pissed at a local cicis I used to go to, standing in front of it.

Then I remember going back to bed and falling asleep in the exact same position I fell asleep in. Then I woke up immediately after as it was some horrible nightmare. Weird.

I have very common dreams like that, like im some sort of quadped and can leap very far and fluidly.
I always feel powerful and hungry the next day
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:09 pm »

I have very common dreams like that, like im some sort of quadped and can leap very far and fluidly.
I always feel powerful and hungry the next day
Yea, difference for me is they're kind of completely random here and not so common. I also don't really feel like my bodies lost sleep when it happens. Sometimes my dreams are 'vision'-like, other times they're more lucid.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 20, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »

I've heard if you have daytura flowers by your bedside you will have vivid lucid dreams.
I fear the flower though do have never tried it.
I really should though.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 21, 2016, 08:23:27 am »

I've heard if you have daytura flowers by your bedside you will have vivid lucid dreams.
I really should though.
Well, I'm sure that applies to pretty much most incense candles and such;depending on the type of herb or aroma(I don't even use natural herbal candles, I use electric ones. As long as they give off the same scent it's okay, right?)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 21, 2016, 11:51:13 am »

Had a horrible dream last night. My scalp was feeling like it was on fire, I had these little bugs crawling through my hair, like fleas or lice or something. I couldn't get rid of them and my scalp was starting to bleed and crack. It was horrible.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 21, 2016, 11:34:37 pm »

Oh yes the classic meth dream.
You need to stop hitting the pipe man

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 22, 2016, 12:03:19 pm »

So I had a dream I was a wolf and standing in front of a lake of fire (presumably the core of the earth) and was like 'nope' and then I woke up

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 22, 2016, 12:04:05 pm »

I really should though.

I would recommend reading Carlos Castaneda's works first. He was rubbed down in a datura stramonium paste and he described an unbearable burning sensation that he lasted through, I'm guessing through Don Juan's training.

His last book, The Art of Dreaming, would probably be far more beneficial to your lucid dreaming. First, one must learn to focus on a part of themselves in the dream, i.e. your hands. Next, you focus on specific items in the dream until they start to lose coherence, at which point you would then return to focus on your hands. Then, you would use this ability to focus on items to focus on another location and intend to be there, traveling ('teleporting' as it's referred to usually) instantaneously in the dream world. After mastering these "gates" you should be free to master the fourth gate, which is actually sharing the dream reality with others. This training took Carlos years, but he was slowed down by alcohol & tobacco, and I don't believe he ingested copious amounts of cannabis, although I may be wrong.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 339