Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568148 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3240 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:45 pm »

*hugs Tiruin*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: September 14, 2016, 04:24:12 pm »

...so if you have sex with your sister in a different body, is it still incest? :v

I was just thinking that exact thing! Though this was because I was watching Guilty Crown, but meh.

Depends on whether both people know about it or not. If yes, then it's just regular incest. If not, it's...

I dunno what you'd call it.

Dreamed during a nap that I was getting a tour of a massively scaled up (though still recognizable) version of one of my most successful DF fortresses, built into the sides and supporting pillars of a big artificial cavern with bridges carved out between it all. It was beautiful, with falling water, carefully cultivated gardens of cavern flora, masterful statues, and other things that are impossible in DF like gilded carvings and reliefs in the walls. The tour was guided by the mayor, dressed in midnight blue and emerald green silks, who spoke with a good deal of pride about the various things and greeted or introduced passing people as we went. I don't remember much beyond a few disjointed parts (one of which, sadly, was the firebreathing gorilla FB that eventually brought the fortress down laying waste to the place) but it was still a pretty good dream all in all.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 15, 2016, 07:31:54 am »

Huh
I had multiple dreams this last night. First it was a dream about being driven around in a patrol car by two spanish police officers, one named Quesada and other named Carmen (apparently his surname was carmen or something). They were pretty cool guys and we had some weird adventures and played pranks on criminals or something (I remember filling some guy's car tank with something and setting it on fire later for some reason) and doing some sick drifting in the patrol card. It was pretty fun but Quesada died after being shot, then it was pretty sad. RIP you glorious dream bastard ;~;7

After that I had some weird dreams about going to school naked for whatever reason, and then one dream in which I was completely blind while the best rendition of Ave Satana I've ever heard played in my head.

I've been listening to ave satana for 30 minutes now due to that.

Brain pls, its too early to satan.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:37:04 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 16, 2016, 11:52:18 am »

Copied right from what I hope will be my brand new dream journal.

I was in a big crowd of people in an area of a big city
It was a cul de sac, but with skyscrapers, so just imagine like a street in Downtown but it's a dead end walled in by high rises
Anyways, there was like a military contingent there
And we were expecting an alien invasion any minute, so they were drafting Spartans. Like, anyone in a certain size and age range who wasn't obese gets put in the armor, and then the armor does microsurgery to slightly enhance them
So I got drafted into impromptu these Spartans with a bunch of other people, and I was scared as shit
So we were all gearing up, waiting for the enemy to arrive. And freaking Stan Lee was there for some reason, and we were informed that he's a VIP to protect.
And digging through the weapon pile, looking for a sidearm, I could only find a water pistol (already had some actual weapons though)
And then I woke up
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 16, 2016, 11:59:45 am »

Had a game of thrones themed dream, for whatever reason, since I haven't watched any game of thrones stuff in months now.

Whole thing was pretty comical, actualy. Apparently I was one of the Khaleesi's advisors in that silly desert city of hers, and there were some powerful people questioning her about something, and she made these FULL HAM style speeches about how this one guy (who the powerful people disliked) was actualy pretty cool, all while doing weird poses. It was like watching some sort of poor man's performance art, except it was actualy funny as hell.

After that, one of the powerful people handed me this badly written letter, which said I was supposed to hand the city over to them, because they had agreed on such with the Khaleesi. I was like "dude, wtf, this isn't even signed", and he just picked it and signed it, then handed it back to me. I was like "dude pls fuck off or i'll eat your eyeballs". Apparently threatening to eat someone's eyeballs was a taboo in that city, so the populace started protesting. I told them to shut up and the khaleesi girl arrived, so I told everyone she's ok with it and so should they, and she literally said "lol" (just lol, not laughing, lol as a word). The dream ended shortly after.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 17, 2016, 08:47:54 am »

In my dream this morning I was getting harassed by some dude (and his girlfriend and daughter) and it ended in a fight between me and him. I ended up punching the wall behind my bed, causing me to wake up. The basis of my harassment was that I was scooting down the road on a desk chair. I don't remember why that was, but I was going to stop by a restaurant that served really good milkshakes on my way to the public library. Before that I was having a conversation with family and some stranger about which restaurants were best.

Oh, i had also been playing kerbal space program, and had one kerbal who after using timewarp decided she didn't want to wear her suit anymore, and was walking around in her normal uniform and a helmet.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:53:13 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 17, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

Dreamt I was in a house in Germany. I knew this because different things in the house were spelled in German, in particular a box of caramel popcorn-looking snacks with a big logo in German.

I felt the need to scout around. And so I ran out the open back door of the house into the backyard on all fours. Despite my useless legs below the knee joint, I glided across the ground quickly, gracefully and quietly. It was then I knew I was a cat. It was quite enjoyable to trot across the yard.

I ran around the outside of the house so I could see the front yard, and saw nothing untoward. I glided back into the house and looked out the front window, and I saw a group of people approaching. I identified one as my aunt (who is German) by her distinctive long, black winter coat. She saw me and waved. And I realized that this house was nothing like her house in Germany. She's never even owned pets.

Then I woke up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:48:45 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: September 17, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »

Dreamt I was in a house in Germany. I knew this because different things in the house were spelled in German,
Not a dream, but earlier today I had to fill in a CAPTCHA with "the word in this picture" (the type that 'helps out' what is probably Google Streetview, by presenting house numbers, etc, getting us in The Matrix to come to consensus rather than relying on machine OCR), only to be given a sign saying "Danischburger Landstr.", but an umlaut over the first 'a'.

I refreshed the question, instead of even attempting to answer that one, to get the far more managable "121".

Still not a dream, unless I' m dreaming right now, but I'll never get another opportunity to tell anyone, so here ya go...  ;)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 17, 2016, 09:04:55 pm »

Then I woke up.

That reminds me of a dream I had. Except instead of waking up, the walls melted when I realized it was a dream.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 19, 2016, 08:17:59 am »

I just dreamt that America was at war with Japan after someone stole Japan's nuclear codes and nuked the U.S.

Then later, I dreamt that I was seeing off my cousin and his friend at the airport, and I asked him when they're gonna get shipped off to Japan. Then I asked how to relieve muscle soreness after a workout, to which my cousin's friend called me dumb, then I asked my cousin if I could borrow his Xbox while he's away. He said yes. Then I woke up.

They're both actually in marine bootcamp, and the Xbox thing was the one thing I forgot to ask him before he left.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:14 am »

There was a lot of content to last night's dream, but I actually quite like how the last bit went. A whole lotta people were constructing a bridge-like thing (to be moved elsewhere, into position, once constructed) on a raised balcony. Many hands were making light work of moving the heavy beams and pipes i to position, and yet I wasn't helping.

Then a minor disaster, as they lost control of a few of the larger pipes, certainly inconveniencing those working. Everyone (it seemed at the time) rushes there to help, but I don't. I shout up asking if they're Ok and get generally positive responses. And everyone is ignoring that pipes havebfallen, and more may yet fall, onto the concourse below.  That is the problem I need to deal with.  I find some warning cones and prevent people (obviously not the 'everyone' at the the time of the accident) from blithely walking through the danger-zone. Which I took great satisfaction in doing, as it was a small job nobody else even thought to do.

Although I did still have to remonstrate with some idiots who thought the cones meant nothing and pushed through them. Typical!

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: September 22, 2016, 02:23:38 pm »

I had a dream the other night.  The actual details weren't important (something to do with exploring a maze).

What was notable was that it was a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream.

In fact, at one point in the dream, I was talking to someone about how it was a "meta meta meta meta dream".

And then I "woke up" into another dream, at least once, possibly twice after that.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: September 22, 2016, 02:42:41 pm »

I helped an egotistical stoner revolutionize worldwide copyright law (which suddenly also applies to physical goods like clothes.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: September 22, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

I'm gonna file a DMCA against everyone's underpants.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: September 22, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »

Dreamed I was a lieutenant for a fallout-style postapocalyptic warlord. My job was to take a bunch of guys to clear out and fortify a mansion on the outskirts of the city we operated in, so it could be used as a base of operations to push our rivals out of the agricultural land north of the city, and later to collect and process the food grown there. There wasn't anything spooky there besides some coyote mutants in the woodlot, but we found that the basement of the mansion had an old fallout shelter in the basement, which was currently full of civilians from town trying to stay away from the fighting. We put them to work digging a trench around the outside of the wall around the (quite sizable) grounds, using the dirt from that to build a berm and breastwork on the inside.

Things took a weird turn when we found a rabbit hutch with a good number of apparently healthy animals inside, including some kits. They'd burrowed out and came and went fairly freely, but the hutch was still intact and they used it for protection from predators and the elements. Meat and fur were both very valuable resources, and the rabbits could be safely kept inside the compound and allowed to graze as they had before. My boss was very happy to hear about this, and he sent us a heavy machinegun, more guys, and a bunch more ammunition to defend our prize. Other people heard about it somehow, and we found ourselves under near-daily attack by random gangs trying to steal our rabbits, while other more organized groups (including the one from the farms we planned to backstab) threatened to attack us if we didn't hand them over. I woke up before anything actually happened with that, but the idea of a war breaking out over two dozen half-wild rabbits is sort of WTF worthy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 339