Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568942 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3300 on: October 27, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »

That's not that weird. I have dreams like that, though they usually devolve into normal dreams.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 28, 2016, 08:13:55 am »

I had a dream about that

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 28, 2016, 09:34:29 am »

Is it weird that a large part of my dreams (that I remember) are me going about my day as normal? Including going on the forum and posting :P
Not really, no.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 28, 2016, 10:08:58 am »

I had very strange and confusing dream which I don't remember too well. It was about Dark Souls 3, morality, taste in music, a guy with a very nice fedora talking about T, and even little bits of dimensional travel. There was a boss called "The Spear Of Damnation", which was looking like a giant levitating demonic spear (used by those goddamn gargoyles in Dark Souls 1, Anor Londo). I and other 4 players (IIRC it was the year of 2018 and I played some DLC which name I don't remember) were trying to kill this boss like six times, but his AoE is basically one-shot kill with very swift animation, like Wrath of the Gods miracle on steroids. We were bitching and arguing with each other in TeamSpeak about who is the worst member of the team, but then some guy with a strange accent told us about the virtue of teamwork and friendship. After that, we managed to beat the boss without a scratch. Then we were talking about music in Dark Souls franchise (and TSOD theme too). One said that Sif has the best theme, other said that best theme was Sir Alonne from DkS2, while two other players said that O&S them is the best in the entire franchise. I said that final boss' theme (DkS3) was the best 'cause it was just perfect for the grand finale. We praised each other (and Sun too) coordination and teamwork, and then I logged out from Steam. Then I was watching freakin' TV, which is OOC for me in RL. There was that guy with fedora, he was talking how wrong and sinful is T, and why it's bad. I don't remember what was next, though. There was travel to parallel Earth in the parallel dimension, where Genghis Khan was immortal and conquered all of Eurasia, I was imprisoned by Mongols, prison escape, returning to the real world...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 28, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »

I had a dream in which I was... something like the Tenth Doctor (from Doctor Who). I was in a beach house with my companion, and there were several small zombies (like, midget zombies) trying to break into our house, but they were too short to reach the windows, so I would just stand by the window and sonic-screwdrive them.
For some reason my sonic screwdriver was like a happiness ray. The zombie I was targetting would always become super happy and start dancing a little and back off. That was cool, because I knew I was increasing my "diplomacy score" with that target zombie, and since I did that to most of the zombies in that group they were slowly becoming friendly towards me.
Then suddenly from the ocean emerged a giant Eldrazi (from magic: the gathering) which came to my friendly zombies and started eating them and absorbing their biomass. Imediately I knew he was too big to my screwdrive so I left him eating zombies and ran away.
That was the part when I needed to run away but my legs didn't move.
Then I hid somewhere and woke up, presumably when the terror of being eaten alive grew too great.

It was a lot less silly in my head.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 28, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »

Was it the Spore happy ray?

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 28, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »

Was it the Spore happy ray?

Damn... That's actually exactly it, and I never played Spore. Am I a wizard?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 28, 2016, 05:41:42 pm »

I've played spore and it sucked

But yes, you may in fact be a wizard.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 29, 2016, 02:41:58 am »

I dreamed through '3 episodes of Fire Emblem anime/game' tonight.

1: The basic premise of the whole thing was about helping a young prince/hero/choosen one boy to get somewhere. I was some nondescript soldier. We were ambushed at a small castle where there were teleporting thieves and a magic user with a Berserk staff (causes your unit to temporarily attack both friend and foe, whoever's closer). However I managed to pull off a Quadruple attack, which involved also an archer, the choosen one and some thief? girl to gang up on a General and deal 60 damage to him total. I made a 'screenshot' of that and sent it to Culise who was apparently watching/playing the anime/game with me??

2. This episode was some sort of flashback that showed why the choosen one didn't have better protectors; apparently the bishop who called him 'choosen one' asked him to meet him at something-name Island and then teleported there, leaving the boy alone. By the end of episode we were nearing some desert(?) city where there lived Crystal Guardians who could be hired as, well, guards.

3. Turns out that Crystal Guardians were in cahoots with the enemies and we had to battle a group of leveled Heroes, Snipers and Warriors and Brawlers (high amount of health, magical resistance and mighty punches), before absconding up a long stairway to the exit of Crystal Guardians' keep (their keep was some sort of ziggurat with hollowed-out inside). Then at top of the gate, a bunch of skeletal enemies teleported into the gatehouse, and their leader, clad in black cape, armor and helmet said that 'The Evil One' wants us dead (of course), and then we battled them as well, cuz the 'black knight' was sitting on the mechanism controlling the gate.

Shortly into fight with the skeletons, I woke up.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:06:57 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3309 on: October 29, 2016, 06:01:04 am »

Hmm, I can't remember the start of my dream, but it ended with me walking into a room with a man and a woman who were trying to extort something from me; that ended with me dropping a hand grenade and everything exploding. Ah, if only I could remember what led up to that moment - it was an interesting story, though lost to me!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 29, 2016, 07:47:44 am »

I think I might as well start dropping my daily generic dreams here since I recall a shit load of them every day.

Excerpts from my journal:

Quote from: Fri 21 Oct, 2016
My recall is vague and disjointed. This had been a thing for the past few days, but hopefully things will get better once I fix my sleep cycle.

I recall being in some sort of manor with walls of wood. There is a wall of concrete, which has a window on it leading to a room inside the manor. I try to open the window but the entire thing detached, leaving a square hole in the wall.

Going into the hole, I find myself in an underground slum, with the ceilings made out of metal and machinery, the walls made out of scrap, and the ground is made out of paved concrete. The hole had turned into a metal door. The place is a long, cramped hallway, with openings into various rooms. I go in a vacant room to rest. I hear the sound of flesh hitting ground and a person telling the people living here to eat the dead bodies. I hide.

I recall my dream transitioning, and Satan is hounding me while I ward off my bed. "Satan" in this case looks like Star Butterfly from Star Vs the Forces of Evil. At some point I am tricked to leaving my bed, and Satan says that my soul is hers. I am so annoyed by her underhanded tactics that I realize I am dreaming, but I am also too annoyed to make any use of that fact apart from telling Satan that I'm not playing her game, and waking myself up.

Quote from: Sat 22 Oct, 2016
I am with my dad's extended family. We go to a shopping mall. I find a place selling weapons and buy a telescopic baton.

Me and my mother are walking through an abanoned aquarium, that is in the process of being turned into a restaurant. My reflection speaks to me from one of the glass pane, asking for my help. I accept and me and my mom walk into the mirror. We travel through Parabola, the world in mirrors between all worlds, and exit into a world just like ours. I become lucid. The voice from the mirror says that we have arrived in his apartment, and he will physically be here soon. My mom look around the place a little bit and unconsciously used powers like a lucid dreamer. I tell her that she's a DC in my dream, and she should blend in until we need powers. We go back into the apartment and wait for the voice. I wake up.

Quote from: Mon 24 Oct, 2016
Me and another person were in a car. We were both preteens, and we were on our way to pull a heist or something of the sort. We were stopped by an elderly policeman because I was an underage driver. I saw myself having options on how to deal with the situation. I felt like I have been here before and picked the option to trick the policeman and escape. I also saw an option to beat him up with a blunt object. I decided to pick the latter out of curiosity. I hit him several times as he got more and more agitated and didn't see fazed by being hit, but he finally collapsed, although he didn't suffer any physical damage. I felt bad so we hauled him to the hospital.

The doctor thought we were just helpful kids. LIttle did she know that I caused this. She said that the man had suffered a stroke. So I suppose he didn't get hurt at all from being hit. Jeez, who's this guy, old Superman?

Quote from: Sat 29 Oct, 2016
I dreamed that I was playing a Harry Potter video game. I control a party of characters, though excluding Harry everyone else wasn't a canon character. We stumble into a Death Eater in an underground dungeon who was forging something and can apparently drink and heal himself with molten metal. Approaching him result in a cutscene where he grabbed Harry and stuffed him into some cramped opening in the wall behind him, and everyone was magically required to answer his riddles or Harry would die. After we answered his riddles, the spell was broken and he lost his bargaining chip. He joked about it being a good time fro a Death Eater to panic before trying to attack us, but as he himself had expected we killed him quickly.

We then walked around with a Dark Souls-like perspective in what appeared to be a mix between a castle, a fine dining restaurant, a temple, a tower, and a convention center. I have some difficulty describing it, yes. I think the best way to say it is that you just have to imagine the Floating Garden of Babylon, except that there were no plants, and the ceilings are extremely high. It was very beautiful but minimalistic, our sightseeing a bit marred by people screaming and running away from the Death Eater's blood on our shoes, so we sought a fountain to clean the blood off.

My dream transitioned to me in a Team Fortress 2 match, except that it looked like real life. I was presumably the Pyro and the framing narrative was that I was in a VR, hence why I don't feel liek I'm in an asbestos suit or wearing a gas mask or holding a flamethrower. I have infiltrated the back lines of the map, and there was nobody around. I was going to go back to the front line to ambush the enemies but there were news reporters being filmed. The map looked like Upward, but the bit after the second spawn was replaced with the gate from Hollywood in Overwatch. The reporters didn't seem alarmed on seeing me. I try to edge my way past them without getting in the shot because I thought that'd be rude.

Quote from: Today
I felt like these were separate dreams, but since I didn't wake up I'll record them in a single entry.

I was a monk, or something of sort. We were at war with another monastery. Me and another person infiltrated the rival monastery. There were nobody present, and we snooped around, and we found a cellar which had some broken things in there. As we looked around I doubled over in pain and thought that somebody teleported a tack into my stomach. Yikes.

I don't quite remember how that situation was resolved, or it might have just transitioned, but I found myself going to sleep in the temple.

My dream transitioned to me going on Mapcrunch and messing around on a random street in Germany. I find myself bodily transported there at night. It was cold, but I was undaunted and I explored.

I found a coffee shop and drank coffee with somebody I thought I knew. My parent's orange shorthair exotic cat was with me all along and was following me. He was as shy and skittish as he was in waking life, though, even if he kept within the general vicinity of me. He kept wandering around the coffee shop and I was worried he'd get lost, so I put him inside my backpack. He did not seem to mind this, although he did tense and hiss if I tried to pet him.

My dream transitioned to me playing a round of Duelyst, but instead of playing with my own deck and faction, I got backfilled for someone else. They were in a terrible position, my general was a young man in a lab coat, and my enemy's general was an armored woman (or she might just be Faie) and we both seemed pretty Vanar-themed. THe map is also pretty icy, and there was a blizzard filter. I had only one health left, but my enemy only got one minion that can reach me, and it can deal 2 damage, so I played a card that healed me for two damage. Then I replaced my useless spellcards for any minions to tip the balance. The next turn, some kind of event happened that gave us both 20 health on top. The game went on, I start summoning a bunch of minions and trying not to die. It must've been infuriating for my enemy."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:50:47 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 31, 2016, 03:24:43 am »

Anyways, sorry for nuking this thread. You can come out of your bunkers now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 31, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »

I had a dream where I was playing Crusader Kings 2, as in all I could see was the menu interface, and as one of the starting dates, there was some sort of Punisher DLC.  I don't remember what happens after I clicked it, I just remember thinking, "Wow, that's some good art of John Bernthal."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 31, 2016, 09:49:07 pm »

I dreamed about the world being auto-saved. I was upset because during the autosave stuff like the temperature of water I was boiling to take a bath, or the fact the stove was turned on, would be forgotten and I'd have to restart them. There was also a tiny asian dude hanging out on my couch.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: November 01, 2016, 06:07:33 am »

Strange one. (For me.)

I'm following (not dream-literally, but only as far as observing/telling the story) a young woman, being a chancer, getting rides in cars by pretending to be people she isn't. It gets to the stage that she's pretending to be a rather posh older woman getting a lift from some upper-class guy in an upper-class vehicle (Bentley?), on a journey along mountain roads neither knows very well.

They stop and he fusses about with getting a meal sorted (car has foldaway tables, supplies in the back) and there's an apparent danger of the hitchhiking turning into 'a little bit more', so she drops her act (as if that would help??), at which point, so does he. Lower-class, a bit villainous, but shady stuff, not the feared how's-your-father, asks her to stick around in this tunnel(?) to help out.

Hazy-wavy mumble mumble, somehow we end up getting a younger trusting girl to stop staying with 'us' and go in a van. Might be innocent, suspicions (as a viewer, at least) that it isn't.

Cut/transition/storytell into a shop she's working in. With 'me', probably, this time. Probably a shoe shop.  One customer comes up in the elevator but does not immediately emerge.  It is the man.  Once I know he's there (not just the young woman) he thanks me for the information I had passed, by the woman to him.  The letter "h" in some morse code apparently having been matched to the "H" that is some man's initial. I complain (with no reason!) that "h"!="H", so it can't be the same...

And then I woke up. Many loose ends unresolved.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:09:13 am by Starver »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 339