Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568650 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3285 on: October 22, 2016, 08:15:41 pm »

...You know, I really wish I had more to post here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 22, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »

I've heard if you have daytura flowers by your bedside you will have vivid lucid dreams.
I fear the flower though do have never tried it.
I really should though.

I would recommend reading Carlos Castaneda's works first. He was rubbed down in a datura stramonium paste and he described an unbearable burning sensation that he lasted through, I'm guessing through Don Juan's training.

His last book, The Art of Dreaming, would probably be far more beneficial to your lucid dreaming. First, one must learn to focus on a part of themselves in the dream, i.e. your hands. Next, you focus on specific items in the dream until they start to lose coherence, at which point you would then return to focus on your hands. Then, you would use this ability to focus on items to focus on another location and intend to be there, traveling ('teleporting' as it's referred to usually) instantaneously in the dream world. After mastering these "gates" you should be free to master the fourth gate, which is actually sharing the dream reality with others. This training took Carlos years, but he was slowed down by alcohol & tobacco, and I don't believe he ingested copious amounts of cannabis, although I may be wrong.

I find Cannabis to inhibit dreams, when I get clean I often gave more vivid dreams, although i could be very wrong because when im clean then have a smoke I have vivid dreams on that night only. Tend to be very weird too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3287 on: October 23, 2016, 05:18:20 pm »

Huh, that was odd. Second dream I can remember where there were multiple representations of myself in the same place. One of my versions was contemplating suicide, a leaner, more haggard version of myself (version#emo), whilst a more martial and healthy version contemplated killing version#emo (version/fit/). Version/fit/ argued to the other versions, that version#emo was a threat that had to be eliminated, which was very persuasive and so another version joined him in moving version#emo somewhere, presumably, to be killed. At this point a fourth version steps in, wearing very comfy clothes (version|comfy), and suggests that killing version#emo is unfair, as though they are demoralizing, they cannot be said to be themselves in their current state. Version>>>beard, who had an impossibly long beard, concurred that this was a wise judgement, and so the former two versions stopped their efforts of killing version#emo. There was another version that did nothing but watch, I don't know what they were, version|apathy?

The symbolism is particularly obvious in this dream, I just find it interesting that all the arguments were represented by versions of myself, and my brain was able to differentiate their appearances based off of whatever vague notions they represented.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 23, 2016, 07:43:00 pm »

Huh, that was odd. Second dream I can remember where there were multiple representations of myself in the same place. One of my versions was contemplating suicide, a leaner, more haggard version of myself (version#emo), whilst a more martial and healthy version contemplated killing version#emo (version/fit/). Version/fit/ argued to the other versions, that version#emo was a threat that had to be eliminated, which was very persuasive and so another version joined him in moving version#emo somewhere, presumably, to be killed. At this point a fourth version steps in, wearing very comfy clothes (version|comfy), and suggests that killing version#emo is unfair, as though they are demoralizing, they cannot be said to be themselves in their current state. Version>>>beard, who had an impossibly long beard, concurred that this was a wise judgement, and so the former two versions stopped their efforts of killing version#emo. There was another version that did nothing but watch, I don't know what they were, version|apathy?

The symbolism is particularly obvious in this dream, I just find it interesting that all the arguments were represented by versions of myself, and my brain was able to differentiate their appearances based off of whatever vague notions they represented.
time travelling dream maybe? I've had plenty of those ones...also, getting lost in both time and space was one, of course there was someone else involved and I found them at the end
>que overlooking golden gate bridge that is literally golden, affordable housing centers with high quality of living, flying cars, and of course some type of deus-ex 'ish feel.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 24, 2016, 12:28:38 am »

I was camping with some girl next to a really nice, picturesque mountain lake. Every morning we'd take our inner tubes from the tent and float down the convenient canal next to the trail along the lake. I had that sort of dream logic hunch that it was really meant to be a bike path, like on the side of a major street, but tubing was much more fun. Eventually we ran out of something and decided to go home and get more. Granola bars or something. The way back to the campsite seemed longer than we'd remembered, and with a lot more bike path and less canal. As we passed my old high school we realized that something was blocking the way: A parking garage. Full of school buses. Naturally this demanded investigation.

I climbed the mountain that was suddenly across the street from the school with a pair of binoculars, and my companion eventually got bored and went back home for real. Buses were going in and out full of mysterious cargo, and I was watching carefully to unravel this mysterious project. The trouble was, I kept being distracted by some character who had apparently clambered up to the ledge to look at the view. He was wearing a ridiculous spandex cycling outfit and glasses, and had taken a seat in the middle of a patch of flowers, bright red and violet. Every time he moved, he'd disturb the flowers and cause them to fold up like sensitive plant, creating a tiny whine. The overall effect worked out like those viral videos of piles of squeaky toys. Every time I managed to draw a bead on a school bus, get a close look at what exactly was in the buses, read the numbers— a muffled scream would come from my left and I would almost fling the binoculars off the cliff. This continued, very frustratingly, until I woke up.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 24, 2016, 08:37:43 am »

I was leader of some sort of mock kingdom?

Also, I think my subconscious might have tried to foreshadow Halloween.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 24, 2016, 04:44:12 pm »

During a semi-lucid dream during my history class (don't judge) I found myself walking with my brothers down a wide cobbled street in what looked sort of like Amsterdam's old town. We walked down the center of the street, I in the lead and they on either side and slightly behind, while men and women in a mixture of modern and anachronistic dress stood on either side of the street. Those standing on the right hurled insults and the occasional piece of fruit at us, while those on the left shouted support and waved little flags emblazoned with our family crest. The older of the two said something to me, and while I'm not sure what it was I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Hearing it made me remember where I was though, and I left my half-dreaming state in the effort to feign a cough to stop myself from bursting out laughing in the middle of the lecture hall.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 24, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »

i dreamt that some dude who does not exist was flirting with my crush, more successfully than i am.

i dont attach any special meaning to dreams, but they are very good at summarising how i feel.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 26, 2016, 04:58:14 am »

Something about death. It was on the disturbing side, I haven't gotten back to sleep yet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 26, 2016, 05:14:33 am »

It's interesting, but I don't think it's unusual - I've had something like that going for a looooong time, only it was during daydreaming and I was much more... cooperative to myself. Never felt like killing any version of myself, too.

Something with MMORPG-elements. The only thing I definitely remember was that I was playing some Warrior-class character and was trying to hit somebody running away with a Heroic Leap-lookalike skill.

Weeeeird, but somehow it felt pretty well.
._.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 26, 2016, 05:38:38 am »

I had another wonderfully journeylike dream, last night. A pity it took so long to get time to note it* down.

...imagine a restaurant, staffed by a sports team. Seafood speciality, apparently. I pre-ordered my courses in an earlier bit of the dream, the first course being octopus (something I'm sure I woukdn't do in real life, and I'm not really a seafood person), comments being made that this was a bold, if not unwise, choice but I decided I'd go with it anyway.  It was realised as something more like a ribbon-pasta dish with cheese sauce, though.

Meanwhile, the sports team (baseball? Not entirely sure...) were responding to questions and reciting anecdotes, although when they shouted over to each other to confirm details none of them seemed to agree with the tale being told, or even know what was being talked about.  The feeling was that this team weren't actually as teamlike as they ought to have been, almozt as if they were complete strangers, yet there were no real doubts that they were, either.

Before the next course, a train journey for... reasons. We're in... New Zealand?  I make observations that a lot of the surroundings remind me of my home city in the UK, seemingly because emigrants from there helped inspire its development.  I also have a map, but the railway has been modified since the map, and apart from occasionally spotting the old track-beds leading into tunnels it was somewhat difficult to keep pace with the changing landmarks.

The terminus (a complicated manoeuvre) swings us round and down a different leg of track to a new restaurant where I am encouraged to order my second course by my companions (the sports team), which I do although I'm worried that my original second course is waiting for me back at the original establishment, as these guys should know...

And the restbdrifts away.

* There were actually several distinct dreams, but I'm going with the longest and most self-consistent one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3296 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:35 pm »

It's interesting, but I don't think it's unusual - I've had something like that going for a looooong time, only it was during daydreaming and I was much more... cooperative to myself. Never felt like killing any version of myself, too.
The whole idea of versions of yourself talking to themselves is hilarious enough, so it's amusing when they're being cooperative with themselves - cos they're all you, and not just one you. When they're deciding about killing one another my sides reach orbit, only there'd be many many pairs of sides, which is so unusual for me - usually if I ever dream of myself, I am there as one character that embodies all of me, not lots of mes embodying only one facet of me in each case

Not sure what is 'normal' for a dream, haha, but this is very out of the normal for my dreams. My dreaming brain probably got the idea of multiple self-versions off of Evil Dead or something, now that I think about it

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 26, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »

Haha this will say alot about me.
I went into a shop I was with my cousin, he and I were browsing, I saw some chocolate icecream bars.
After milling around for quite a while, I grabed an armfull, running towards the exit grabing some extra chocolate onthe way out. My cousin blocked the getaway car and I snapped the door off trying to get in.
Ah to slow, I had to pay damages and go to court..
So strange and I wanted chocolate after I woke up
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 27, 2016, 03:27:35 am »

I haven't been recalling my dreams as events lately. Just vivid feelings. Mostly lust, which is odd because I very rarely have explicitly sexual dreams.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:16 pm »

Is it weird that a large part of my dreams (that I remember) are me going about my day as normal? Including going on the forum and posting :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 339