Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512667 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3255 on: September 29, 2016, 03:26:18 am »

My roommate this year talks loudly and clearly in his sleep. Just a minute ago, he very clearly enunciated "I made a miscalculation, and I have to hold onto him." He's a campus politician, so I can only imagine what he's dreaming about.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: September 29, 2016, 07:01:00 am »

I dreamed that I had a pet spider with wings, and a tiny adult elephant took shelter in my house and gave birth to a tinier baby elephant.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3257 on: October 01, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »

In my dream I followed the perspective of a man and woman soaring in the skies on a broomstick, I knew neither individual in this couple from anywhere in real life on wakeful introspection so I wonder where they're from, or if they're a construction wholly out of the memories of strangers I've since forgotten. The land they flew over was remarkable, with an arid plateau carved through with deep crevasses formed from the toiling of old rivers. These deep carvings had all the makings of something sinister, but had instead been populated into these great bustling valleys of excited life, accelerated by the abundance of freshwater and mineral rich silt deposited by so many aeons of erosion. This detail was carefully explained by the man, much as a flight attendant would remark on the features of the land below "And on your left you will see..."
The valleys of life, in colours of greens and yellows set upon a rich copper foreground upon a golden sunlit expanse was rather fanciful, populated by such trees as could not be described in any ecosystem known to man. Large lakes were passed, unfortunately one could not see beneath the tranquil waters, so their mysteries remained their own. Other places were skimmed over that I now regret I cannot remember, having failed to impress on my conscious mind their rather featureless detail.
The most memorable scenery by far has to be towards the end, where the fanciful terrain gave way to a low lying marsh - a horrible bog built up by so much dead and decayed things, set upon a deep flat trench of disgusting effluence that could neither be said to be fully liquid nor solid. What dense vegetation was set upon this horrible land was a hardy species of plant that refused to die, and in an environment where all predators of a plant or animal nature were devoid, the whole diseased bog was dominated by innumerable flies. So horrifying was it, that by the minds of the couple, they grew niggling fears at the back of the mind of what should occur should they find themselves stranded or crash landed in the bog - as a pilot had before. The flies' dominance was unrealistic, monstrously so, to say they were as stormclouds of rain over the ocean would be to understate their omnipresent aerial dance, they were a black mist rolling everywhere throughout the bog. They made very little sound that could reach the couple flying above, nothing more than a slight buzz, of the kind you would hear if you dropped a marble onto a glass table and captured its last audible impacts with the surface. The sound was neither loud enough to grow disassociated and numb, nor quiet enough to ignore or convince yourself it did not exist. The broomstick flew too low at one point and both of the couple had to swat away some flies, the lady actually managed to catch one fly between her neck and the palm of her hand, writing under her grasp as it unexpectedly did not splatter dead - merely squishing like a ripe grape under the pressure. Upon releasing it from her palm it dropped far below, far behind them.

A slight panic set into the couple as they looked below and the rolling fogscape of carrion insects somehow took notice of the two, and for a moment their dance had ended, replaced with a hungry intelligence that seemed to guide the entire immediacy towards them in one body, with one tendrilous vanguard flying upwards in one large blanket of oppressive flies. Their intentions were no doubt to feed on the falling flesh of dead things that occasionally fell from above (sky cows and such), and they were not too concerned if you weren't dead yet, you did not want to linger on for you would gradually grow weaker, iller and insane from the sheer weight of insects, the inability to run from them in the bog. Best not too, to consider what crawled within the bog. The couple accelerated and rose higher in altitude to avert this disaster, and the man remarked to her that "we" have not destroyed it, because this ruinous waste is nonetheless vital for the ecosystems beyond, where there is a vibrant marsh further ahead and the effluent waters (filtered through so much rock and the processes of time and living things) end up perhaps even to the pristine plateau with its remarkable valleys of Edenic life.

The dream did not have a concise end, merely a steady realization that if I wished to escape these flies for sure, I need only open my eyes. At once I did, and I shudder to imagine the hell if I could not.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: October 01, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »

Loud Whispers:I'd love to offer some insight, so take it with a grain of salt; but have you ever read the book 'Lord of the flies'? In it, it details primal human nature and how the collapse of man can happen the instant they lose structure. Maybe your dream was some symbolism of your inner or outer consciousness, or things that affect you in your day to day life that you just don't really have time to think about it for. So, on that note, I won't spoil the ending of the lord of the flies, but a major key point in the book(that I read in high school) was that even if all of man were to fall, there would at least be one that would still retain their humanity, and they would be rewarded for it.

Sounds cryptic I know but I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »

I had a dream about conversing with my grandpa's ghost at his house, reminiscing about his astronomy and the various gadgets he left lying around.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: October 03, 2016, 12:59:54 am »

I had a dream about conversing with my grandpa's ghost at his house, reminiscing about his astronomy and the various gadgets he left lying around.
Oooo, I love dreams like these. It's like even hearing things you never heard before being said in an eloquent way as if the person themselves are saying it (personally I believe it's like that because that's what made up what I knew of my elders--and I asked what my parents knew and there are very similar significant notes that say or give off the 'woah...what just...wow?') impression.

I would love to hear more stories on that bit, especially in detail :3 But the imagination is also just as brilliant.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: October 03, 2016, 12:06:25 pm »

Well, maybe we can discuss that later. In that dream, grandpa and I just had a chat.

Last night I dreamed that there were dried out squid husks from literally a billion years ago that could revive themselves under certain circumstances. Like, if you put two of them together into a sink full of water. They weren't very big, maybe slightly longer than an outstretched hand. Looked a lot like corn husks when they were dried out. Perhaps the weirdest thing was that I found out about them by watching Angry Joe demonstrating this in a video.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: October 03, 2016, 12:32:38 pm »

I dreamt I had to somehow reorganize some uni's teaching structure by carefuly arranging what seemed to be tv channels on a computer. Each channel had to be assigned a number from 1 to 30. For some reason every single channel was showcasing some sort of anime.

Is this real life
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:04 pm »

Is this real life
Is this just fantasy?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: October 03, 2016, 02:23:03 pm »

Dreamed about me and my dad going out in the woods to check out this wild animal that kept running back and forth, from a road on the edge of a prairie and then deep into the brush, all the while screaming loudly. There were coyotes howling too.

Anyway, this thing turned out to be some sort of horse/donkey/zebra. striped black and beige haunches and forelegs and a sandy-brown body.
It ran out of the bushes onto the road ahead of us just like I expected, and I got a couple photos of it on my phone. Then it transformed into an older woman and started talking to us, something very serious but i have no idea what now, and suddenly I was with my brother not my father and he wanted to start a fight with her or something.

It turns out the coyotes weren't a figment of my imagination though, they were actually pretty close to my house last night. Like right outside in the pasture.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: October 04, 2016, 01:50:28 am »

Dreamed about me and my dad going out in the woods to check out this wild animal that kept running back and forth, from a road on the edge of a prairie and then deep into the brush, all the while screaming loudly. There were coyotes howling too.

Anyway, this thing turned out to be some sort of horse/donkey/zebra. striped black and beige haunches and forelegs and a sandy-brown body.
It ran out of the bushes onto the road ahead of us just like I expected, and I got a couple photos of it on my phone. Then it transformed into an older woman and started talking to us, something very serious but i have no idea what now, and suddenly I was with my brother not my father and he wanted to start a fight with her or something.

It turns out the coyotes weren't a figment of my imagination though, they were actually pretty close to my house last night. Like right outside in the pasture.

It's real.

It makes high-pitched trills IRL as a contact call, as in 0:01 to 0:03 of this video, but they tend to be pretty much silent otherwise.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: October 04, 2016, 03:52:43 am »

Earlier phases included a kind of Iron Man/Thor hybrid, spaceships, emergencies and rather more mundane element. Then there was my encountering of a famous guitarist (who I didn't recognise) on a London bus, and showing the photos to someone else who told me who he was.

The final element, though, involved two individuals (not me, I was there to ensure fair play) competing in a strange event. From a slidiing start (laid down on two mats, just outside a tent with two flaps) they were to go into the dsignated area and retrieve as many silver items as they could. It started off as silver plates, but as obvious silver items depleted within the tent (erected around a petrol station with a dentristry practice?!?) the 'knowledge' that there's silver in water led to wet sponges being thrown back out by the competotors, in their confusing competitiveness.

For some reason, I throw a cake out, myself, which chances to land on a small horse (?) recently led into the spectator area(??) for reasons unknown. It bolts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: October 05, 2016, 06:44:50 am »

It's real.

It makes high-pitched trills IRL as a contact call, as in 0:01 to 0:03 of this video, but they tend to be pretty much silent otherwise.

I actually know what an okapi is, and this was definitely a horse. My description is crap I guess. It looked more like a horse I'd seen previously, it was a hybrid of some sort. My google-fu is weak at 4am. :/

Anyway, I just got woken up from another dream because my dog had to go out. In the dream I was part of a party of adventurers, and we were having trouble getting something done because a fight with one enemy would result in one of these wolves/werewolves getting hurt as collateral damage. Which leads to a fight in which we are outnumbered and completely overpowered. Then I get knocked off a cliff behind us into the ocean far below, and am myself a wolf. I get the impression I am supposed to be a female wolf and supposed to raise my own rival clan to usurp these guys. Then I "wake up" and post about it in the dream thread on bay12, before going about in a dungeon again with more adventurers trying to find some objects without being eaten by more wolves or falling into water under the platforms and drowning. Later were climbing the stairs in a building on the surface. That's all I got.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: October 05, 2016, 07:37:38 am »

Toenails.
Oh god the toenails.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: October 05, 2016, 08:29:26 am »

The dream begins with my team and I travelling back in time to Nazi Germany. With rocket-propelled grenades that wouldn't exist for a few more decades, we were to destroy some tanks that would turn the tide in a coming battle.

We fail. The tank's armor deflects the grenades, and we get swarmed by soldiers. In the confusion and fighting we somehow escape into the Nazi barracks, into an unoccupied room, and procure some Nazi uniforms. All of us are scared out of our minds because none of us speak German and there's no way out.

Then a beautiful blonde Nazi walks in and flirts with me, trying to get me drunk. Even though she's speaking English to me, I tell her that I'm from South Africa so I have a reason to speak English (note: I honestly can't recall if white South Africans generally speak fluent English). We converse for a while into the night, and eventually she leaves satisfied that I'm a loyal soldier of the Reich. I go to sleep, wondering what the hell I'm going to do about being stuck in Nazi Germany unable to speak a lick of German.

When I wake up in the dream, it's the present day and I'm in Wal-Mart. There's a massive tonal change as I hang out with some friends, a girl I know IRL asks me out, and I have to explain to her that I might be cheating on her with a Nazi from the past for the good of the country. I'm conflicted with the fact that I've actually fallen in love with my time-travel Nazi girlfriend while my present dream-girlfriend looks at bobby pins. Then I wake up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 339